• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Lots of older Star Fox specifically complained about her bringing them to the fanbase.

Secondly, its kind of mathematically impossible for most furries to be homosexuals considering homosexuals are only 3-5% of the population, and the ratio among men (who make up probably 80% of online gaming communities) for homosexuality/bisexuality is lower than it is for women, so that makes that even more mathematically unsound. No, I do not want you to go dig for "pages of rule 34" like psychoincarnate did (I just saved you some money on brain bleach).

That there is several people in this thread saying the same thing means that there does exist a group that does not like her in the SF series and feels she overall as she is right now has a negative presence.

Of the post-64 games, Adventures was probably the most solid as a game overall (although it was the least true to the series as whole), however, overall, the legacy for those games has been mixed at best.
Ahh, I've been going to 4chan long enough not to be specifically bothered by anything google images might throw at me. After 5 years of visiting what is labled the ****hole of the internet, you become kind of desensitized to that sort of stuff...

I think to this day, among the most disgusting things I've come across on the internet, 2 Girls 1 Cup still takes the medal.

Anyway, I've been a fan of SF since the release of 64 back in 97 (I think it was 97...), if that means anything. That aside, I don't wanna get into a discussion about demographics among the furry community, as furries are something I tend to avoid like the plague. So I agree, we should probably end this here.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
With Star Fox, you're either a fan of the series itself (as in all or most of the games), or you're just a fan of SF64 whether it's due to nostalgia glasses or other factors. I doubt even a reboot will really change that at this point.

edit: @ bobadz- He did direct Other M.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
With Star Fox, you're either a fan of the series itself, or you're just a fan of SF64 whether it's due to nostalgia glasses or other factors. I doubt even a reboot will really change that at this point.
No, a reboot could change everything if done right. The only way though is to voluntarily go against the fans which simply want Lylat Wars 2 in HD. That wouldn't revive the franchise which needs a larger audience to survive. That doesn't mean that it needs to become casual, but some heavy changes need to happen. Open world-like changes I mean.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Speaking of fan service, gimme more baras in Smash whether they are muscular or chubby and I'll be happy. It seems that the only sources of Nintendo baras are Legend of Zelda, Pokemon (human characters), F-Zero, Fire Emblem, and maybe Kid Icarus, Advance Wars and Golden Sun. Punch-Out!! is definitely full of baras.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Rival Schools had enough baras for me to look at, I would maybe take some step back (though hmmm Garet)

We need more cuties though. Like shota boys or loli girls, definitely.

*Shifts eyes*

Crap, I ain't got brain bleach for this one.

EDIT: No gigantic amount of brain bleach can save me from what I just consider one of the most weirdest subjects ever surface in this topic. (-0_o-)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm pretty sure Rance wouldn't mind right? He just wants to **** women.

Edit: I didn't click on the Bara link til now. I see why Rance is crying now.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Did someone say shota boys?

I 100% agree that we need more.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
EDIT: No gigantic amount of brain bleach can save me from what I just consider one of the most weirdest subjects ever surface in this topic. (-0_o-)
@Horsetail: Perhaps Brain Bleach ULTRA will do.

And how nice to see this thread going off the rails again.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The topic hasn't moved in the last few hours, eh?

OK, I'll change the topic.

How do you want to see Classic Link represented in Smash 4?
A. Alt for Link
B. Alt for Toon Link
C. Replacement for Link
D. Replacement for Toon Link
E. Both A and B
F. Don't want to see him

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A,B,E or F.

That would make me happy.

bobadz

Smash Ace
weren't the original Metroid games (as well as the prime games) and Star Wars movies team efforts.

Also, http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/comment/index.php

This interview might have the answers. We just need to translate it.

My Japanese is bad, but it seems as though they changed the voice to fit Mewtwo's role in the movie. They tout that it focuses on the friendship of Ash/Mewtwo/Genesect to show the relationship of humans and Pokemon, which makes sense because in what I've read of the manga Ash was trying to befriend one of the Genesect, I think it's saying something like the change was to reflect that understanding(or misunderstanding) with Mewtwo.

Someone on tumblr translated the interview:

Yuyama Kunihiko-Kantoku x Takashima Reiko Interview

Takashima Reiko has been announced to be performing Mewtwo in “Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo Awakens”!
After the recording of the most recent trailer, Yuyama Kantoku and Takashima-san did an interview together!

● What are your thoughts on performing the voice of Mewtwo for the first time?

Takashima:
Well, I was extremely happy! Afterall, its that Mewtwo!?
I haven’t necessarily had a lot of experience as an anime voice actress, but I still wanted to be considered for it.
I received a lot of coaching and orders from everyone because I wanted to expand my potential, so I was fully motivated to do it.
But still, since Mewtwo is such a great pokemon, I really wanted to do my best.
I think kids are really anticipating watching this movie, so theres a lot of pressure to live up to their expectations, but I want to draw out a lot of Mewtwo’s various potentials.

● About Mewtwo’s appearances since the first movie

Yuyama:
Since Mewtwo was the pokemon to appear in the first movie, all the staff, including myself, have an emotional attachment to this pokemon.
Mewtwo seems to overlook all the other pokemon, so theres an image as if its in a much higher place.
In this work, I wanted Mewtwo to create a new image, so this production advances it.

● About Takashima performing as Mewtwo

Yuyama:
Although its only a preliminary announcement today, we have done quite a bit within such a short amount of time.
Since I’ve listened various Mewtwo voices, I’ve really enjoyed the post-synchronization of this version.

● Is there anything you would like to highlight in this movie?

Takashima:

In each Pokemon movie, there have been a huge amount of messages compiled together.
This time, with Ash, Mewtwo, and Genesect, I think you get to see several deep friendships and bonds that humans and pokemon exchange between one another. Also, with fellow pokemon helping each other out and people working together, I think its a fun, interesting, and exciting movie to enjoy.

● Are there any points worth noting from the Director?

Yuyama:
I think the biggest theme of this pokemon [movie] is communication.
Pokemon and Ash [and his friends] understand things differently [from one another].
The biggest part is when they meet Mewtwo.
Mewtwo accepts these different qualities as they are, and that is a big thing for communication.

I will be so happy when everyone is able to enjoy how Ash reacts to meeting Mewtwo and Genesect together at the movie theater.

Look forward to the theatrical release on July 13th (Saturday)!

It' seems to be the same mewtwo.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Regarding FalKoopa's question:
I'd choose him as an alt., so A, B or E.

Regarding Mewtwo:
Mewtwo is badass and he should return to SSB4. After all this amount of promotion he's getting, him not returning to Smash would be less than desirable. (Some would disagree, though.)

About the off topic talk, it's time for me to crush some dreams.
[collapse="The new direction of Smash Bros.'s roster"]
Troll Roster.png
[/collapse]

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
About the off topic talk, it's time for me to crush some dreams.
[collapse="The new direction of Smash Bros.'s roster"]View attachment 335[/collapse]

Ok, back on topic...

This is my revised roster. The aesthetic changes are more of a personal preference like Sonic, Ganondorf, etc. The only character I might switch for someone else is Sheriff because I'm on the fence with him. There are no cuts, though I plan to do another roster with cuts included. Realistic enough?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't like Mewtwo's voice and I hope they keep it similar to the original in the English version

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is my revised roster. The aesthetic changes are more of a personal preference like Sonic, Ganondorf, etc. The only character I might switch for someone else is Sheriff because I'm on the fence with him. There are no cuts, though I plan to do another roster with cuts included. Realistic enough?

Recommendation:
Replace Sheriff with Isaac.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Not bad, but if we're getting third parties, is really unlikely that at least one of them won't be Namco/Bandai.
Anyway pretty generic roster, the only characters that would surprise me are Sheriff and Saki. I hope Sakurai will be able to put some unexpected dude in there like the Trainer.

Oh I like Toon Ganondorf though. But I think at least a new Zelda rep will show up.

D

Deleted member

Ok, back on topic...

Almost perfect there. Just replace Toon Ganondorf with Ganondorf and drop Sheriff (and if you still want a 2nd retro rep, add Mach Rider in his place) and you should have a realistic roster.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I hate grouping Isaac, Saki, and Shulk together, but unless someone can convince me otherwise, I don't see all three getting in. Their series seems to be in unique niches. Idk, is Saki considered obscure? I guess before S&P got on VC he was?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I hate grouping Isaac, Saki, and Shulk together, but unless someone can convince me otherwise, I don't see all three getting in. Their series seems to be in unique niches. Idk, is Saki considered obscure? I guess before S&P got on VC he was?
Well Golden Sun is a lot bigger and more well known than Sin and Punishment.

Isaac is a relatively common request.
Saki is still pretty obscure.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Saki is quite obscure, I think. In Shortie's poll, he is on par with Samurai Goroh in number of votes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Looks good. Though I would like it more if it has:

Toad instead of Bowser Jr.
Impa instead of Sheik
Classic Link instead of Toon Link
Duck Hunt Dog or Balloon Fighter instead of Sheriff
Isaac or Matthew instead of Saki
Mewtwo's new forme instead of original Mewtwo
Pac-Man instead of the Random slot

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looks good. Though I would like it more if it has:

Toad instead of Bowser Jr.
Impa instead of Sheik
Classic Link instead of Toon Link
Duck Hunt Dog or Balloon Fighter instead of Sheriff
Isaac or Matthew instead of Saki
Mewtwo's new forme instead of original Mewtwo
Pac-Man instead of the Random slot
They are going for a realistic roster, not a dream roster

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Haha, yeah. Isaac is way more popular than Saki. I just chose Saki out of personal preference, especially for the potential moveset. I think I'll switch Sheriff with Isaac...hmm but I think I should try to squeeze in another "surprise" character.

D

Deleted member

I have the feeling that we may get all three of the "Rainfall" heroes, and they are grouped together for that reason.
Remember that Sakurai's issue for Brawl was that there were no series between Pikmin's release and the finalization of the roster that had a suitable fighting candidate.
I'd say that Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower each have a suitable fighter, don't you agree?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dunno, getting all three seems rather unlikely. Though I think we have a decent chance of getting two of them.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I think we can say that Shulk will be in 99%. Aeron meh, the game wasn't that good and he's a really boring character. Maybe Pandora's Tower will get a stage. The Last Story I don't know the game so, well. I hope a lot of new fresh characters like Shulk show up anyway.

D

Deleted member

It does seem rather unlikely, but I just can't shake this feeling...

I mean, all three series are somewhat infamous to Nintendo due to the success of Operation Rainfall in having them localized.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
In terms of "new" stuff, the two that seems to stand out a tad is Shulk from Xenoblade and Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western. I'm not 100% sure about Aeron or Zael considering they're not familiar to me. I haven't played Pandora's Tower or The Last Story.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think we'll get any of them.

After all, they didn't want to bring them out of Japan in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom