• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
This is defenetly the best thread on this whole forum we went from all of Sm4sh speculation to politics/econemy/faith/religon all the way to Krystal 69.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
An armadillo reminds you of sausage? Well to be fair, Dillon's Rolling Western involves you protecting a bunch of pigs from getting butt ****ed by a bunch of killer Moai heads, so I can kind of see that correlation.
The Sauasage thing was more or less an ongoing joke about someone, who happened to LUH HIM SUM Dillon, and Lucario for that matter.

This is defenetly the best thread on this whole forum we went from all of Sm4sh speculation to politics/econemy/faith/religon all the way to Krystal 69.
If he gets to talk like this, then I'm gonna start being sexual and greasy. But about not ladies.
srsly though, can we just not be... gross?

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Well to avoid further rule 34 material...What's been the talk on new items to Smash? I've looked through threads and haven't really seen any on tthe topic

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Its your dirty mind that interprits what im saying is dirty but its actually 100/ clean.
But yes we should move on...but to what?
Hey lets talk about how hot our teachers were in secondary/high school and how much you wanted to ____ them back then and pretty much still right now.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Its your dirty mind that interprits what im saying is dirty but its actually 100/ clean.
But yes we should move on...but to what?
Hey lets talk about how hot our teachers were in secondary/high school and how much you wanted to ____ them back then and pretty much still right now.
Hahaha! seriously though...no...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just got back from playing TF2 and after reading the conversation, I say....

Good job guys! :troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know anything about the former, however, the latter definitely was never as sexualized as Krystal (it was a Disney cartoon for crying out loud).

Secondly, you just named the reason why a lot of people don't like Krystal. For a lot of people, sexualized furries are gross.
Sure, Gadget wasn't sexualized, but that kind of **** will happen no matter what they do. Heck, I'm sure there's even that kind of stuff for Dexter's mom, the goddess of child bearing hips. Krystal has only had two forms of debatable fanservice. One was her Adventures attire which Makes Sense in Context (and given the original story). The second was the Assault artwork. To say her form fitting outfit in later games is fanservice is really stretching it. If she had busted her cleavage out, that'd be another thing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Should they redesign all Metroid characters into the style of Other M?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No thanks to you! :troll:
Good to know I'm helping. :troll:

In all seriousness, Krystal is just as sexualized as Zero Suit Samus. If you have a problem with Krystal, you should have one with ZSS.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Krystal has only had two forms of debatable fanservice. One was her Adventures attire which Makes Sense in Context (and given the original story). The second was the Assault artwork. To say her form fitting outfit in later games is fanservice is really stretching it. If she had busted her cleavage out, that'd be another thing.
I think you are only part of the 5% out there that actually believes this. Nearly everyone else thinks the way Krystal was portrayed in Adventures and Assault in terms of her design was gross.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
While we're at it, what about the guys? We never hear complaints about them, not even Wolf's Space Biker look.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Good to know I'm helping. :troll:

In all seriousness, Krystal is just as sexualized as Zero Suit Samus. If you have a problem with Krystal, you should have one with ZSS.
to be honest i really do have a problem with ZSS. Keep the sexy out of Smash. I mean cmon I get it girls have bewbs no need to emphasize them...sheesh...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think you are only part of the 5% out there that actually believes this. Nearly everyone else thinks the way Krystal was portrayed in Adventures and Assault in terms of her design was gross.
Now. Now. Let's not generalize.

The majority of people I know in real life, have no problem with Krystal. They just see her as a token female or an interesting character. Her "sexualization" is almost never brought up.

@doodles

Not sure if serious.

In Brawl ZSS isn't really sexual either. Her bust was actually made smaller.

Don't ask how I know that....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Now. Now. Let's not generalize.

The majority of people I know in real life, have no problem with Krystal. They just see her as a token female or an interesting character. Her "sexualization" is almost never brought up.
The majority of people I know in real life thinks its creepy that Nintendo included a character like her in Star Fox.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
to be honest i really do have a problem with ZSS. Keep the sexy out of Smash. I mean cmon I get it girls have bewbs no need to emphasize them...sheesh...
How the hell are they emphasized? A form fitting suit that covers everything from the neck below is hardly emphasizing anything other than her excellent figure. I thought I had issues with touching women at times, but this takes the cake.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Just saying Chrono, when I first played Adventures and saw Krystal, the first thing that crossed my mind wasn't, "Ewww, why does she have such big boobs, that **** ain't attractive, the bish is a goddamned animal"

I feel like your mind has to already be in the gutter in the first place to think something like that

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
While we're at it, what about the guys? We never hear complaints about them, not even Wolf's Space Biker look.
I think Captain Falcon and his skin-tight leather outfit over a muscular physique and brass nipples is a better example.

@Chrono: To be fair you're kind of a prude aren't you.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think Captain Falcon and his skin-tight leather outfit over a muscular physique and brass nipples is a better example.

@Chrono: To be fair you're kind of a prude aren't you.
Well, I was talking in the context of Starfox characters, but yours is a better example. ****, let's include Donkey Kong and Ganondorf.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
How the hell are they emphasized? A form fitting suit that covers everything from the neck below is hardly emphasizing anything other than her excellent figure. I thought I had issues with touching women at times, but this takes the cake.
I'm a fan of preserving innocence so sometimes this stuff tends to bother me...It's not that big a deal. it just gets to me. I can be a real Holden Caulfield sometimes........bunch of phonies in here

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Just saying Chrono, when I first played Adventures and saw Krystal, the first thing that crossed my mind wasn't, "Ewww, why does she have such big boobs, that **** ain't attractive, the bish is a goddamned animal"

I feel like your mind has to already be in the gutter in the first place to think something like that
I don't think anyone who thought that humanized Pokemon in the pink underwear was gross a page back had their mind in their gutter. Being grossed out/disturbed by scantily clad furries is normal.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
speaking of which, doesn't it seem wrong that the entire chest of a female is considered a private part and people force them to cover it up while men can walk around topless without a problem.

When the only difference is female breasts have more fat in them

Male breasts CAN produce milk under the right circumstances

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Exactly. My first thought was...
"Why is there a blue fox on a Pterodactyl?"
The majority of people I know in real life thinks its creepy that Nintendo included a character like her in Star Fox.
Well then our friends are very different.

And that wasn't a furry. That was a man in a Skitty costume. We both know that.
How you know that? :troll:

Also side note- they wouldn't have to make them smaller if they didn't make them too big to begin with.
Strict observance. :troll:

Nah. Just as a healthy straight male, you notice these things whether you want to or not.

She's just busty. So what? I know several busty girls in real life. Are they automatically sexual people? No. It's just how she was designed.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's not like Samus is a little girl or anything so you don't have to worry about innocence. She already lost that at the age of three anyway. It's not that big of a deal really. Why not go ahead and do something about characters like Capt. Falcon with their bulging biceps, broad shoulders, and GOLDEN NIPPLES while we're at it, or does that not count as innocence?

speaking of which, doesn't it seem wrong that the entire chest of a female is considered a private part and people force them to cover it up while men can walk around topless without a problem.

When the only difference is female breasts have more fat in them

Male breasts CAN produce milk under the right circumstances
That's strictly a cultural thing, but one might see it as a practical thing, but I'll leave it to the ladies of this thread to clarify that one.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
In melee i believe those button things were on his nips(my friend gave him the name Captain Nipples,) but in Brawl i just recently saw that they moved them further up as to no longer resemble nips

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In melee i believe those button things were on his nips(my friend gave him the name Captain Nipples,) but in Brawl i just recently saw that they moved them further up as to no longer resemble nips
That doesn't change his point at all.

If anything you just strengthened it.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. My first thought was...
"Why is there a blue fox on a Pterodactyl?"

Well then our friends are very different.

And that wasn't a furry. That was a man in a Skitty costume. We both know that.

Strict observance. :troll:

Nah. Just as a healthy straight male, you notice these things whether you want to or not.

She's just busty. So what? I know several busty girls in real life. Are they automatically sexual people? No. It's just how she was designed.
Its more the fact that almost any female character in a game is bound to be busty that bugs me. Like c'mon they don't need big bewbs all the time.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Can't we just say that Krystal sucks and move on?
No, because this is a good way to address the freaking double standard around here. Heck, we're partially on Zero Suit Samus now. Let's just hope it doesn't go into that place so soon.

Many tears were shed that day.

It's not like ALL girl characters have big boobs. Heck, flat chested is becoming more popular in Japanese games (so that's more of a culture thing). Of course, that generally happens just because the general audience for games are male. Though I wonder what would it be like if it were the opposite.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Its more the fact that almost any female character in a game is bound to be busty that bugs me. Like c'mon they don't need big bewbs all the time.
What about Peach and Zelda? They're busts are "normal."

Never thought I would be comparing Nintendo character's bust sizes today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom