• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder which character would cause the most rage if they didn't make it in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Paper Mario was the only character added, I'd still be somewhat satisfied.
In my case, if both Toad and Little Mac are added in SSB4, I think I would be satisfied with the rest of the roster. I am rather hopeful with Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Palutena, Medusa, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. Other characters I feel have little to no chance of getting in are Captain N, Duck Hunt Dog, Tingle, Waddle Dee, King Hippo, Starfy, Meowth, Muddy Mole, Villager or Tom Nook, Mallo (from Pushmo/Crashmo), Krystal (only if she is not a Fox clone), and Simon Belmont but I would be overjoyed if some of them did get in Smash.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
In my case, if both Toad and Little Mac are added in SSB4, I think I would be satisfied with the rest of the roster. I am rather hopeful with Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Palutena, Medusa, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. Other characters I feel have little to no chance of getting in are Captain N, Duck Hunt Dog, Tingle, Waddle Dee, King Hippo, Starfy, Meowth, Muddy Mole, Villager or Tom Nook, Mallo (from Pushmo/Crashmo), Krystal (only if she is not a Fox clone), and Simon Belmont but I would be overjoyed if some of them did get in Smash.
Tingle, Meowth, Muddy Mole, and Krystal not as a clone aren't really that long of shots.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Edit: moved the contents of this post to the GD social thread to try and keep this thread from going off-topic.

Respond to the post here.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Even if RBFF, RBFFS, and RFFF2 play differently, I still do not need to spend my hard-earned money just to have three different ways of playing as Terry Bogard and Mai Shiranui. If it's doing them a disservice, that's not my problem.

D

Deleted member

If downloading those games through Virtual Console is taking "hard-earned" money, then no offense, but you need to get a job, or find a better paying job if you already have one. :laugh:

EDIT: And no, I'm not saying you have to get the games; just saying that if downloading them is too much, then there's a problem.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If downloading those games through Virtual Console is taking "hard-earned" money, then no offense, but you need to get a job, or find a better paying job if you already have one. :laugh:

EDIT: And no, I'm not saying you have to get the games; just saying that if downloading them is too much, then there's a problem.
It's too much considering I also have to spend my hard-earned money on bills, rent, gas, and food.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, I am not worried about SSB4. It's so far away that I will have enough to buy 30 copies when it comes out... and I only need one copy. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now we know where all of the money is going.

D

Deleted member

Swampasaur said:
I wonder which character would cause the most rage if they didn't make it in.
It would be Mewtwo. Mewtwo is likely the most wanted character internationally and is generally considered among the most likely if not the most likely. Fans will rage if Mewtwo doesn't return, which would be the closest to an anti-Sonic.

Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mega Man's deconfirmations would be more of an anti-Ridley; except that unlikely Ridley in Brawl, the fan base would start to collapse (unless Mega Man were to get a new game soon after Smash 4 or even before it).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Edit: moved the contents of this post to the GD social thread to try and keep this thread from going off-topic.

Respond to the post here.
Don't be worried about posting something especially if it came from this topic. There is no point acting willy nilly because nanny doesn't like you discussing things outside of the designated discussion zone.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah.... and even if Mewtwo did get in SSB4... I believe fans would still rage if Mewtwo was in his new forme. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't be worried about posting something especially if it came from this topic. There is no point acting willy nilly because nanny doesn't like you discussing things outside of the designated discussion zone.
Well after the whole thread being closed for a couple of days, we should be a little more cautious with going off topic.

I believe fans would still rage if Mewtwo was in his new forme. :troll:
I would actually like Mewtwo in his new forme.

D

Deleted member

Yeah.... and even if Mewtwo did get in SSB4... I believe fans would still rage if Mewtwo was in his new forme. :troll:
There will be some lulz going on about how they ruined Mewtwo if Mewtwo got in with his new form, but fans will eventually get used to it and the majority will eventually welcome his return along with other people who wouldn't have wanted Mewtwo in the first place.

Ideally, Mewtwo would be in his original form while his new form is a transformation of some sort (Final Smash most likely). Would be the perfect compromise, but I understand if it comes down to one of the two. Not having Mewtwo at all would be much, much worse.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Even if RBFF, RBFFS, and RFFF2 play differently, I still do not need to spend my hard-earned money just to have three different ways of playing as Terry Bogard and Mai Shiranui. If it's doing them a disservice, that's not my problem.
If it's money that's a problem, and you only care about characters and not gameplay, then why even bother getting the games and just install MUGEN on your PC instead?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Haven't seen too much rage myself, mostly just annoyances with the head/tail design and the new pics not being as good as the Sugimori Artwork. People would probably rage at first but then get over it in, either way it's a much better bet that we'll get classic Mewtwo with the new form as a Final Smash, so whatever.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've been thinking. Who do you think the new WTF characters will be? Every smash has had some.

The original had Ness and Captain Falcon.
Melee had Ice Climbers, Sheik and Mr. Game and Watch.
Brawl had Pokemon Trainer, Zero Suit Samus, Snake and R.O.B.

Who would be the new ones?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well after the whole thread being closed for a couple of days, we should be a little more cautious with going off topic.
It is an issue when we need to go to a totally different thread to reply to quotes. What I'm saying is don't get caught up in the topic. Discussions are going to go off topic naturally and it will happen here again like it does in every thread. Basically, just talk. If we go off the rails, so be it.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I've been thinking. Who do you think the new WTF characters will be? Every smash has had some.

The original had Ness and Captain Falcon.
Melee had Ice Climbers, Sheik and Mr. Game and Watch.
Brawl had Pokemon Trainer, Zero Suit Samus, Snake and R.O.B.

Who would be the new ones?
If we could guess what it was, then it wouldn't really be a WTF character. :)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If we could guess what it was, then it wouldn't really be a WTF character. :)
Well not quite. Several of them were brought up. They were just dismissed rather quickly.

We had people asking for PT and R.O.B. pre-brawl. No one just took them seriously.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If it's money that's a problem, and you only care about characters and not gameplay, then why even bother getting the games and just install MUGEN on your PC instead?
Do you really think I want that piece of crap? :awesome:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hmm, well I'm going to sound biased for saying this, but for me Sheriff would be WTF...as I have him on my roster for that purpose and for being historical.

Even though I don't really support them, I think Duck Hunt Dog, and a Hanafuda card character would be interesting WTFs lol.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well not quite. Several of them were brought up. They were just dismissed rather quickly.

We had people asking for PT and R.O.B. pre-brawl. No one just took them seriously.
Yeah, and pre-SSB4, who are characters that are not taken seriously?

Impa, Duck Hunt Dog, Waluigi, to name a few. :troll:

bobadz

Smash Ace
I remember Squirtle was supported, no PT. Also, R.O.B support went downhill once R.O.B's was revealed to be Subspace enemies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Guess I'll throw out a topic here.

I have wanted to make a good prediction roster, but I feel it's really hard to pin down characters this time around. I look at someone and I say "Nah, not good enough." But the problem is that everyone is not good enough. There are 6 characters that I feels are shoe ins
  1. Little Mac
  2. Takamaru
  3. Shulk
  4. Palutena
  5. King K Rool
  6. Ridley
Outside of these guys, it really is a toss up. Anything could go. Here are some other characters I have looked at.
  • Dixie Kong - She's a pretty popular choice worldwide and was suppose to be in Brawl
  • Samurai Goroh - I think there is demand for more F-Zero characters and this is a pretty well known character overall
  • Ghirahim - He popular. Unlike Brawl, everyone seems more unified on a Zelda character/ I think Sakurai also doesn't mind having another as he did plan for Toon Zelda
  • Mario Mario - Either Waluigi or Doc. I figure Sakurai tries to keep Mario, Pokemon and Zelda together. I can go more into this if anyone wants.
  • Another Kid Icarus character - Every game has had two series that got two new characters (for Brawl, it was Kirby and Pokemon). With a new title and a ton of characters, it wouldn't be surprising if there was one more. Medusa is one though. I've even entertained Magnus since he was playable
  • Retro character - Every Smash Brothers game has had a classic character. Melee was Game and Watch. Bralw was ROB. There will likely be one more. I've said Sheriff since he was Nintendo first arcade game back in the 1979. It's been referenced in other Nintendo games.
  • Karate Joe - I always said this because I figure Rhythm Heaven will get something. It gets ignored more in the west. It's bigger in Japan.
  • Dillon - Not very confident in him, but he has some reason. People seem generally receptive to him. He is a new characters from Nintendo and had two games. Plus he would be the first eShop character.
To close, I want to get the opinions of the peanut gallery: Who do you all think has a good chance outside of the six mentioned above?

bobadz

Smash Ace
I wouldn't call your 6 shoe ins, but they are the most likely to get in.

Mewtwo
Roy
Chrom
Tingle
Tetra
Paper Mario.
And I can't think of anyone else.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Well to be fair, R.O.B.'s support pre-brawl was actually a moderate size before he was comfirmed as a Subspace enemy (something that was almost unanimously considered by fans to be decomfirmation).
I don't know how popular he was here on Smashboards, but he made it on to quite a few fan rosters on the Ign forums prior to being revealed as a Subspace enemy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't really agree with what Smashchu is insinuating... that Dr. Mario and Waluigi are the only likely Mario newcomers. :glare:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why does no one mention ISAAC!!!

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
mewtwo
isaac
toad
another retro (i'm thinking balloon fighter)
dillon (I really think there's gonna be an eshop character)
dixie/bandana dee/wario character

@smashchu You mean despite the fact that toad and bowser jr appear in most off the spin-offs that waluigi does, while appearing in the main games as pcs/npcs or as a boss respectively, as well as toad having his own spin-off game

yep they've got nothin'

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Retro character - Every Smash Brothers game has had a classic character. Melee was Game and Watch. Bralw was ROB. There will likely be one more. I've said Sheriff since he was Nintendo first arcade game back in the 1979. It's been referenced in other Nintendo games.
Karate Joe - I always said this because I figure Rhythm Heaven will get something. It gets ignored more in the west. It's bigger in Japan.
Out of curiosity, could you go a bit more in depth with these choices, especially Karate Joe, due to the Rhythm Heaven Streetpass puzzle the series has been on my mind recently. I also looked up the Wrestling Photo Shoot mini-game, some weird **** right there. Also minor FE thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom