• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Supposing Nintendo characters did appear in a crossover game (I guess we can assume a fighter), what would the roster for Nintendo look like if you're trying to keep it conservative but also have the best representation of Nintendo and also allow for the most variety? Maybe... 10 to 15 characters? I'm thinking:

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Samus
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Ganondorf

YOU'LL MORE OR LESS GET SMASH 64 but oh well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Do not touch PT.
IMO, make it so I don't have to be all three Pokemon, or toss him over Lucario. (If we have to toss someone) Give them four specials (Same with Shelda), and make transforming a taunt.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
This place is a Smasher's equivalent of Twitter/Facebook. ;)
This is waaaaaaaay better than Facebook lol I don't have to worry about my news feed being flooded with "LIKE AND SHARE FA JESUS CAUSE HE DIED HIS HURR OR SOME **** ON DA CROSS FUH YA'LL ******" on here daily

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Sometimes I wonder if people here ever get some sleep. But seriously, get as much sleep as you can (I know it's hard sometimes cuz of life/work/whatnot), it makes you beautiful!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With Summer Vacations going on here now, I'm usually awake till 4 am. :urg:
Summer Vacations? Mine only begin around June or July...

I've gotten used to staying up till 5am lately because I get home at around 11pm. I'm trying to change that though...

And Disney stuff.
Disney X Nintendo crossover, anyone?

DAMN YOU MEDICAL SCHOOL!! I'M SLEEP DEPRIVED PERSON...
Don't stay on SmashBoards for all night. :troll:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
As much as I don't like Falco's FS, you gotta admit that quote of his before he gets in the Landmaster is hilarious

But as for my favorite? Ummm, I guess Dedede's and Marth's? I don't really remember most of them

D

Deleted member

Supposing Nintendo characters did appear in a crossover game (I guess we can assume a fighter), what would the roster for Nintendo look like if you're trying to keep it conservative but also have the best representation of Nintendo and also allow for the most variety? Maybe... 10 to 15 characters? I'm thinking:

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Samus
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Ganondorf

YOU'LL MORE OR LESS GET SMASH 64 but oh well.
Can I go for anything? Or do I have to pic staples?

If staples, then it looks a lot like yours.

If I'm allowed to pick anything based on diversity then, Dream Team pics coming up:

Link ( a more versatile tool user/Zoner, more like Jin Kisaragi and Ky Kisuke)
Vaati (as a 3 stage transforming character similar to the DBZ games)
Samus/ZSuit Samus (as a more fluid transforming character, not like in Smash, Samus a more mean Zoner/Beatdown hybrid that's more in-line with her source material, and ZSuit a Cammy/Noel-like Rushdown character) (the transformation is fluid like Valkenhain in BB, she needs to charge energy to use her suit, but can combo into it)
Ridley (Aerial character)
Ganondorf (Bison-like heavyweight with a Dark Magic Gimmick where he steals Super Meter/Health)
Peach (how can you not love Peach, she's super versatile and a mean Mage (canonically) at that)
Palutena (would make for a neat weapon user/Zoner, can she don a lance? I hope so)
DK + Diddy Duo (Grapple heavy characters with lots of command grabs, work as Stance Duo that's a call back to the DK series where you can switch leads)
Lucario or Mewtwo, (either one is fine) (Lucario is a Monk-like character similar to PM, Mewtwo a Psyonic like what I previously described would be good for him a while back)
Mario + Luigi duo (A hybrid between Smash's Ice Climbers, and the M&L RPG games)
Baron von Waluigi + Duck Hunt Dog (drawing coming up, still working on it) (The Dog is more of an aid similar to Eddie in GG)
Ashley ( I've already said why I like this character, a turtle character focused on Hexes and debilitating her opponents)
Lyn (duh?)
Ike (with Axes please)
Saki (stance character that uses both his Gun and Beam Sword, Gun moves are similar to Noel's Gun-Kata)

15 characters total. The duos count as one as they work in unison, and the transformers have to work as one character as well.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
My favorite Final Smashes are Bowser, Sonic, R.O.B., and (an oddball) Luigi.
I like controllable Final Smashes. They're the best, IMO.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To steer this thread on-topic,

Any final smashes you would like to see changed completely?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Give Donkey Kong his Tiki Beatdown as the new Final Smash, Luigi needs the Poltergust 5000, Kirby should have the Ultra Sword, Pit should obviously have the Great Sacred Treasure, Wolf should call his crew to attack, Falco can have an Arwing, Peach can have her rage from Super Princess Peach, and Ness should have PK Rockin'.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
holy crap R.O.B., I was watching Batman TAS, Scarecrow got fear gassed and batman transformed into a man bat, and I thought to my self, he looks like the fantasia demon, I looked at smash boards and your post was the first I saw,

weird

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
To steer this thread on-topic,

Any final smashes you would like to see changed completely?
Actually, I thought back a while ago that each character could have 2 (or 3) Final Smashes depending on what the player wants.
Controllable, or non-controllable.
Ex:
Mario keeps Finale, and adds the Star Powerup or Hammer Bro Suit
Link keeps Triforce Slash, and adds Chateau Romani or upgrades (Laser beams, Light arrows, super bombs, Longer clawshot, increased durability.)
Kirby keeps Cooking Time w/ Kirby and Cooking Mama, and gets his gigantic sword from KRTDL
Pikachu keeps Volt Tackle (which needs a redesign, btw) and gets... idk. Raichu and Pichu to aid?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
At this point I don't care what happens to the Final Smashes, considering they are banned in typical competitive fare due to Smash Balls being used along with every other item. Good thing too, because Brawl is already a balanced train wreck to begin with and to break it even further is adding salt on the wound.

D

Deleted member

Actually, I thought back a while ago that each character could have 2 (or 3) Final Smashes depending on what the player wants.
Ex:
Link keeps Triforce Slash, and adds Chateau Romani or upgrades (Laser beams, Light arrows, super bombs, Longer clawshot, increased durability.)
Kirby keeps Cooking Time w/ Kirby and Cooking Mama, and gets his gigantic sword from KRTDL
Pikachu keeps Volt Tackle (which needs a redesign, btw) and gets... idk. Raichu and Pichu to aid?
Agreed.

FSs should also be meterable and balanced for competitive play. No reason to get rid of them because they're broken. Super moves don't need to be game breaking.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Ex:
Hammer Bro suit would be my second choice.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I know Peach had some game where her abilities were based on emotions. Her FS could be getting so angry that she is set on fire and becomes like another Warioman/Giga Bowser.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Mario's.
**** this ****.

I want to see this.
I agree, that seems like a more fitting Final Smash. I hope Bowser receives a better Final Smash too. Giga Bowser is cool and all, but I'd rather Bowser do something that he does in the actual Mario games. Like maybe he hop into his clown-copter and rain down bomb-ombs or something.

Peach can definitely do something from Super Princess Peach, like cry uncontrollably and flood the stage until everyone drowns

D

Deleted member

I know Peach had some game where her abilities were based on emotions. Her FS could be getting so angry that she is set on fire and becomes like another Warioman/Giga Bowser.
Yep, from the same game she's looking for a "Vibe Scepter." I kid you not.

And they say Nintendo is "kid-friendly."

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
>People thinking that throwing out an inferno of pure chaos is stupid and would rather have a generic transformation instead.

tumblr_lux70zokxU1qduiqp.jpg

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
>People thinking that throwing out an inferno of pure chaos is stupid andwould rather have a generic transformation instead.
Why not both at once? A running rainbow man shooting out a mini-apocalypse sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
>People thinking that throwing out an inferno of pure chaos is stupid and would rather have a generic transformation instead.

View attachment 209
If you're referring to Mario's Final Smash, it just sucks. The concept is ok. It just doesn't have any muscle behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom