• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
POOR LUIGI.

Red's a surprise.
Lol that reminds me of one of my favorite web comics:

I'm not surprised by Red, He was pretty big for a good while had multiple comics and stuff released.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Look, I like Warcraft and like its characters, but they aren't nearly as iconic as big names like Mario, Pikachu, Pac-Man, Sonic or Mega Man.
I can agree to that statement. No one is on the level of Mario, Pikachu, Link, and Sonic lol. My argument wasn't that it would have more iconic characters than Smash Brothers because no series can do that unless they got some of the Nintendo IP. I was arguing it could have a better roster than Playstation All-Stars, Capcom All-Stars, or Namco All-Stars.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I agree, i mean Project X Zone alone looks awesome.
I disagree.

Project X Zone is limited in team combinations, and just looks boring to me

Not to mention lack of characters such as Sonic and regular Mega Man

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I disagree.

Project X Zone is limited in team combinations, and just looks boring to me

Not to mention lack of characters such as Sonic and regular Mega Man
Yeah sure the lack of Sonic is a bummer, but in concept, a 3 way crossover is awesome.
(Besides Sonic may seem out of place when pretty much everyone else is some sort of humanoid)
Megaman X is better than creepy box-art Megaman, better yet he's better than no Megaman, so I guess beggars can't be choosers.
I'm sure if the game the does better, such things like more team combinations can be added.
I personally, like the gameplay and can't wait.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
The Street Fighter movie would have won best screenplay if it had the Blanka head bite scene from the cartoon.

yani

Smash Lord
The Pandora's Tower website is up and it seems that the IP is indeed co-owned with Nintendo. Incase anyone was curious. :)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Pandora's Tower website is up and it seems that the IP is indeed co-owned with Nintendo. Incase anyone was curious. :)
It was published by Nintendo in Japan and PAL regions (Europe and Australia), but by another company in North America. That caused some doubts.

With this revelation, we are sure that Pandora's Tower content can appear in Smash.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm already halfway done with Pandora's Tower. Need to go back and finish it.

D

Deleted member

Makes me wonder if Sakurai scrapped Starfy and Ridley for Squirtle and Charizard...
Hmm... I hope he did.

Smash 4.

Cut Red.

Replace Squirtle with Starfy and Charizard with Ridley.

Now we've incorportated 2 new characters and have room for one more from any remaining franchise, and we've gotten rid of that dumb Gimmick that doesn't work.

So who could take Ivysaur's spot?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So who could take Ivysaur's spot?
Charizard. :troll:

But seriously, don't touch PT. Backlash will abound, and Smash 5 will be full of the same stuff that caused Mewtwo and Roy to be most-ish requested for Smash 4. Don't cut the characters people like, y'all!

Anyway, wuz goin' on in dis thred? Seriously I step away for like 12 hours and it all goes bat****! There's wiki quotes I don't understand, people giving Chrono a hard time, and what have you. Chill guys, chill.

:squirtle: Chill.

D

Deleted member

@ KumaOsa You must be like 12 years old if you haven't heard of Doom, Starcraft, etc.

Granted most of these games heyday was in the 1990s but many of them are still being played online to this very day.
Starcraft has nothing on CnC. I'm very disappointed at the lack of Kane in these PC Smash Rosters...

You can't kill the Messaiah.

PEACE THROUGH POWER.

Real talk, he'd be the ultimate troll character. Like Aizen from Bleach except bald.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
vol is trying to convince us that blizzard, ip, and valve have more iconic characters then capcom and namco

D

Deleted member

Ok, seriously what are we talking about now? I'm ****ing confused. Now I know how Croph feels...

Are we talking about Blizzard? Blizzard is overrated as a company. Their newer games suck ass. Starcraft 2 was ok, I liked the story mode, but the multiplayer is dry imo.

Also, LOL @ PS4 getting Diablo 3, and the Sonybros ACTUALLY being excited for that pile of ****.

Manly, you're joking aren't you? I hope so. >_>
Nah, I don't care about PT.

He's not even Red tbh, at least on the Red I know. Honestly reminds me of Ash... Ash can't be in Smash, he's supposed to be in a coma.

You're head on a platter.
>You're

I'm sorry man, but I giggled like a little *****. Can we get Venasaur instead?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's nice knowing there's another person who sees Pokemon Trainer as a bad character gimmick.
Must I have your head as well?!?!?!?!?! :troll:
vol is trying to convince us that blizzard, ip, and valve have more iconic characters then capcom and namco
Yeah. He's not succeeding.

>You're

I'm sorry man, but I giggled like a little *****. Can we get Venasaur instead?
I used the wrong "your."

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!!!!!!

Venasaur would be the ****! Sure.

And for clarity's sake, were you laughing at my mistake or the comment?

EDIT: DOUBLE POST!!!! GAH!!!!!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Some of them like ID might have more iconic games than the other mentioned devs like Doom, but not characters. This is silly.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you give him toxic and leech seed, the leech seed increases in the same increments as Toxic

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Blizzard: No way.
Valve: Nope. Gordon Friedman (or whatever his name is; I don't PC ) is pretty big among the PC crowd but that's about it imo. TF characters have been reduced to le memes by the TF fanbase.
Must I have your head as well?!?!?!?!?! :troll:
*Gorilla Warfare copypasta*

volbound1700

Smash Master
Starcraft has nothing on CnC. I'm very disappointed at the lack of Kane in these PC Smash Rosters...

You can't kill the Messaiah.

PEACE THROUGH POWER.

Real talk, he'd be the ultimate troll character. Like Aizen from Bleach except bald.

You are the second person to bring up CaC and I agree it would be in there as well and there is a vast number of characters to choose :). I wasn't sure what company owned Command and Conquer until I found out EA. Pretty much EA-Activision-and Valve own all the big PC IP now when it use to be in about 20 different companies. Kind of sad too because some of the old IP has been ruined in modern day.

D

Deleted member

I used the wrong "your."

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!!!!!!

Venasaur would be the ****! Sure.

And for clarity's sake, were you laughing at my mistake or the comment?

EDIT: DOUBLE POST!!!! GAH!!!!!
The mistake, it's 4chan meme, people using 'you're' incorrectly to be ironic.

*Gorilla Warfare copypasta*
YES!!

Oooo, Let me, let me:

What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ******. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, kiddo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kane or Tanya would be the best choice for C&C...

Probably Tanya from C&C2

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
When you think about it, all characters have their own gimmicks. It's just that some characters are executed better. That's no reason to cut PT

D

Deleted member

Just take away the whole shared health aspect of PT and he'll be fine

No need to cut him because he's poorly executed
He's poorly executed, and he's also boring. Much better in PM where they're separate characters, but still. It's the fighting styles in PM that I liked. I'd rather get Ridley and Starfy having similar styles. Especially for Squirtle.

And not to piss off Swamp, but I never liked the Bulbasaur line, though I did do a couple runs of FireRed with him eventually.

I will say, Swampert is a BEAST. But all the 3 Gen 3 starters are.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Another character for Smash could be

MACEMAN! From Lord of the Realms II lol.

COMEON LADS! WE'LL CRUSH THEM!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Kane or Tanya would be the best choice for C&C...

Probably Tanya from C&C2
Tanya, hands down.

@Swampasaur's double post and shamefur dispray: you're having a bad day, aren't you? :troll:

And I agree with Smooth Criminal. This thread is just awesome right now. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom