• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's nice, I just won't jump onto the bandwagon supporting something I don't care about.

Unless people actually care, they probably won't make a new game in the series

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's nice, I just won't jump onto the bandwagon supporting something I don't care about.

Ah! But we do care.

I hope F-Zero and Starfox both get new games announced this E3!

D

Deleted member

Well I certainly care. I've been wanting a new F-zero game above all else from Nintendo for years.

D

Deleted member

Bear in mind that regardless of what happens with the series, if Sakurai wants to add another character or feels the need to add another one like he did with Metroid pre-Brawl (and thus we got Zamus), there will be one.
One should not be counted out just yet. Though (and I've explained why) I see Black Shadow more likely than Goroh as a gut feeling. Not to say I don't like Goroh, as I'd be fine if he got in instead.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Here ;)

Doesn't think there's anything left to add to the series, is surprised people even want a follow up. :dizzy:
He sounds open to the idea of a new game. Now, he isn't on the hype train like he is with StarFox and Metroid, but, he's not really saying anything too negative. Don't think we'll be seeing a new F-Zero though.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Yeah id love to see goroh as well, but i still have a feeling black shadow might get the edge out over him. And it might not be the case but if they intend to add takamaru id assume they would want him to stand alone as the only katana user, which would also make him more unique among the rest.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, the unique ability thing would explain Dr. Mario and Young Link. I mean, nobody else can throw drugs at people or get drunk on Lon Lon milk.
You cracked me up with that one! :laugh:

So, the current discussion is F-Zero? I don't think the current state of the series warrants a newcomer, but anything can happen.

The only possibilities I see are Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow. I prefer the latter.

I never played any F-Zero game, but Black Shadow seems to be that kind of hammy supervillain and I like those types of characters.

F-Zero is being kept alive by Falcon and his meme status at this point.
I entirely agree with this statement. I doubt that F-Zero would be as known if not for his over-the-top appearance in Smash.

D

Deleted member

...online for one.

But "not having much left to add to the series" has never stopped Miyamoto from putting out yet another stale Mario game.
Well, in his defense, he's not behind the development of the more boring Mario games like NSMB and 3D Land.

Also, on Croph's comment about Hanniwa, they aren't so scary if you've played Rance. Ruthless killers maybe, but they are hilarious and somewhat adorable.

(for the record, Moe is not a name, it's essentially the new "kawaii.")

A bit of an offtopic question, but I finally got Project M running and had a chance to try it out last night. Just one thing. Is it possible to change the Music in P:M? I know you can do it in Brawl normally, but P:M is already modding the game with codes. Likewise with stages, I'd like to have some more interesting place to fight in like that there Monster Hunter stage, over some of the more dull stages such as Flat Zone.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Question I keep seeing brought up, how would Bowser Jr. be a clone of Bowser? To me, that would be injustice because Bowser Jr. also fights and acts different then Bowser in the games. I see moves based on paintbrush and NSMB battles. He could not breathe fire in most games up until NSMB Wii and in that they were fireballs and not a full attack like Bowser's flame. Spitting fireballs would also be unique from Bowser. I just don't see how Bowser Jr. could match Bowser in moves because neither share moves in their respected games.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is my current SSB4 roster.

Column 1: Mario characters
Column 2: Donkey Kong characters + Yoshi
Column 3: Kirby characters + Wario
Column 4: Zelda characters (Skyward Sword + Wind Waker HD)
Column 5: Famicom Disk System characters
Column 6: Retro characters
Column 7: Modern characters
Column 8: Pokemon characters
Column 9: Star Fox + Fire Emblem characters
Column 10: Mother + Third Party characters
Row 6: Mii (custom characters)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
A bit of an offtopic question, but I finally got Project M running and had a chance to try it out last night. Just one thing. Is it possible to change the Music in P:M? I know you can do it in Brawl normally, but P:M is already modding the game with codes. Likewise with stages, I'd like to have some more interesting place to fight in like that there Monster Hunter stage, over some of the more dull stages such as Flat Zone.
Do me a favor. As soon as Turbo mode becomes available. Test to see how the Sheilda transformation thing works. I'd be very pleased to see if this improves their synergy better.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I would be quite disappointed if Arkadenik's roster became real. Cutting Red, Lucario, and Ike, and the absence of Roy and Isaac. :urg:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well, in his defense, he's not behind the development of the more boring Mario games like NSMB and 3D Land.

Also, on Croph's comment about Hanniwa, they aren't so scary if you've played Rance. Ruthless killers maybe, but they are hilarious and somewhat adorable.

(for the record, Moe is not a name, it's essentially the new "kawaii.")

You can. There's codes already imbedded in the mod which enables the modding for stages and music: you can just go to srtm-folder in the SD-card where PM's files are located and out the music files (brstm) that you want to change the music to.

You could check more here and here.

Stages are pretty much same as music, too. Though I suggest keeping a backup copies of stage files incase something goes wrong.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Most of Bowsers attacks just uses his spiked shell and claws, both of which Bowser Jr. have. Of course it wouldn't to him justice, Still him being a clone is possible. I don't find it likely, but not impossible.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Question I keep seeing brought up, how would Bowser Jr. be a clone of Bowser? To me, that would be injustice because Bowser Jr. also fights and acts different then Bowser in the games. I see moves based on paintbrush and NSMB battles. He could not breathe fire in most games up until NSMB Wii and in that they were fireballs and not a full attack like Bowser's flame. Spitting fireballs would also be unique from Bowser. I just don't see how Bowser Jr. could match Bowser in moves because neither share moves in their respected games.
Easy, just make him play like a lightweight version of Big Poppa while giving him all of his moves

If a Triforce-wielding evil wizard can be a clone of a Japanese superhero-esque bounty hunter/bird man, then trust me, Bowser Jr can be a clone of Bowser

Not saying it will happen or that it's likely or whatever, just saying it isn't that hard to make him one

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I kind of feel like Jr. would be somewhere between Bowser and Squirtle. Kind of like how I feel Chrom would be somewhere between Marth and Ike. Therefore, I question if either of them would bring anything new. Not meaning they'd be clones, but nothing that "wows" me.

BTW, there was talk earlier about IS playing it safe with Fire Emblem lately? I don't think that's quite true. Sure, Marth is referenced throughout Awakening, but I'm thinking this is simply because the game is more or less the All-Star Fire Emblem game IS talked about in the past. My guess for the remakes of FE 1 and 3 were partially as a "recap" for Awakening.

Easy, just make him play like a lightweight version of Big Poppa while giving him all of his moves
Except given how biased the Smash games have been to certain character traits, watch him be the better version of Bowser in general. I forget if it was Manly or not, but going for this kind of route doesn't really do anything but potentially spot flaws in a character's design.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind Arcadenik's roster. Wish we could have Red instead of Johto Trainer.

Also just noticed no Mother characters. Was that intentional?

Bowser Jr. should be very different from Bowser or Squirtle. He should have paint brush oriented moves, fireball attacks, he could have the shell spin that Bowser has as a move but using the paintbrush as a weapon appears to be his main attacks.

volbound1700

Smash Master
They're above the third parties. ;)
:facepalm: Doh! Haha, I hate to see Ike, Snake, and Lucario go as well but overall wouldn't mind that roster. I just don't want any cuts and would love the cut characters back. I do love all the adds for him except maybe Balloon Fighter, really don't care either way about that one.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sure, Marth is referenced throughout Awakening, but I'm thinking this is simply because the game is more or less the All-Star Fire Emblem game IS talked about in the past.
Given the SpotPass and DLC characters, it could be safe to assume that this Fire Emblem is the All-Stars game IS mentioned before.

Also, Marth is referenced a lot of times because Awakening happens after the events of Marth's games.

My guess for the remakes of FE 1 and 3 were partially as a "recap" for Awakening.
That seems the likeliest explanation, since, as I mentioned, Awakening's story is set many years after Marth's games (FE1 and 3).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm at like Chapter 19 right now so I know most of what's going on in the plot, so the explanation wasn't necessary, but I appreciate it.

What I don't get is why didn't they just remake only FE3. Isn't that one half FE1 and the other half a new story? Perhaps Chrono or some other FE-***** can inform me.

D

Deleted member

I would be quite disappointed if Arkadenik's roster became real. Cutting Red, Lucario, and Ike, and the absence of Roy and Isaac. :urg:
The worst thing about the roster is that it replaces Sheik with Impa. :mad:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And it still won't stop you from buying the game and enjoying the game and asking for SSB5 all in one day. :awesome:

Diddy Kong says otherwise... :smirk:
You can tell from the look on Diddy's face that he's happy his slot is next to Impa's.... but of course Meta Knight is between them two... no monkey business on my roster. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I like cuts. I mean there is a reason why Marth is one of my favorite characters, because he can really cut up stuff with the Falchion.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Yes and from what I've heard it's fairly easy to change music in brawl. You can probably find a tutorial somewhere on brawlvault or Youtube somewhere.

The worst thing about the roster is that it replaces Sheik with Impa. :mad:
It is actually one of the better things about the roster :awesome:
The cuts are ok, but the absence of Ghirahim, Isa, Matthew, and Sheriff are a "problem"

Also the fact the DK doubled in one game.
I find it laughable when people think red is gonna get cut

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I can't see Red really cut, but damn, his Pokemon need lots of work. PM's Mons are much better than whatever Sakurai ever managed to come up for them (except Ivysaur. But he messed Zard bigtime.)

D

Deleted member

I'm wondering, if people looked into Brawl's files to see unused content, hasn't anyone tried to do the same for Melee?
Or has that been done and there is nothing noteworthy that we can't already see in the Debug Menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom