• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
On the bright side, at least Game Freak is trying new stuff with the recently released HarmoKnight. It's nice to see that company try new stuff once in a while.

I beg to differ.

Mystery Dungeon is the ****.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky is my favorite of the spin-offs.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I have to admit, I'm really disappointed that the personality test was taken away for the new Mystery Dungeon. And I honestly like the sprites more, too.
Red Rescue/Explorers of Sky FTW.

Wigglytuff for SM4SH

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think eleven newcomers is a BIT low. And that's including Mewtwo. Besides Waluigi, the choices aren't BAD. Maybe a tad... expected, which is boring, imo at least.
Here's my 20 possible newcomers but the characters with my comments are always the divisive choices.

Balloon Fighter - Sakurai inadvertently debunked the "useless without X" excuse when he added Olimar and he still could change his mind
Captain N - a non-video game character with history with Nintendo? A good WTF choice.
Chrom - he is most likely getting in whether he is replacing Ike or keeping Roy out
Dixie Kong - she's still a possibility given her data in Brawl
Impa - it is possible Sakurai could, you know, replace Sheik with Impa if he wanted to
King K. Rool
Little Mac
Mega Man
Mii
Pac-Man - he is the obvious rep for Namco but other people want a Tales or Tekken character
Palutena
Pokemon Trainer Gold - didn't someone translate Sakurai's pre-Melee comments about wanting to add the Johto trainer as a 2nd gen rep?
Ridley
Shulk
Takamaru
Toad - a popular Mario character who recently gained prominence and moveset potential from New Super Mario Bros. Wii + U
Toon Zelda - she's still a strong candidate given her data in Brawl AND Wind Waker is getting a HD remake
Villager - again, Sakurai could change his mind and he knows Animal Crossing is pretty damn popular for a non-violent game series
Waddle Dee - Sakurai could be biased and add him if he wanted to
Zoroark - this Pokemon is still an option if Sakurai decides to add a new Pokemon from the latest games

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Arkadenik's list is banking a bit too much on what *could* happen, even though Sakurai hasn't even hinted at those possibilities yet.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, it's a crap shot at this point on what's going on. Who knows, but one thing for sure is that the next game better have more polish then Brawl. That should be more important then worrying over new content at the moment.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't get numbers 1 and 2
Umm.. I think he is showing that Genesect has different formes below.... but Mewtwo has empty spaces where his different formes are supposed to be placed. And he is implying that this is proof that Mewtwo will have different formes such as this "Zora Mewtwo" or "Mewthree" we have been seeing lately.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
B-but that can't be right!
He needs to turn into Mewzora, Mewdeku, and Mewgoron! There's only one spot left...:mewtwomelee:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Umm.. I think he is showing that Genesect has different formes below.... but Mewtwo has empty spaces where his different formes are supposed to be placed. And he is implying that this is proof that Mewtwo will have different formes such as this "Zora Mewtwo" or "Mewthree" we have been seeing lately.
Yeah, I get that part. That's 3 and 4.

What the hell does 1 and 2 have to do with that though?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh gosh Mewkokiri, Mewgerudo, Mewmogma, Mewkikwi, Mewminish etc etc. Oh gosh let it stop before I get ideas and start drawing Mewtwo in forms of all sorts of Zelda races. x_x

D

Deleted member

On the Animal Crossing issue, I know Sakurai said that characters like the human players would not be playable if it doesn't make sense for them to fight (though would later say it is possible to make them fight armed with a bug net and shovel), but that leaves open for someone like Tom Nook, who's not exactly like the player in that he's sort of a labor driver and is stated by multiple characters to have a "checkered past" (supposedly Wild World even has him mentioning about previously owning a fight club, though I have yet to have confirmation of this), or Mr. Resetti, who's far from peaceful and non-violent (and even complains in Brawl that he can't join the fighting while boasting about how he would kick everyone's ass).
So even if Sakurai still decides that the Villager does not fit within Smash's violent vibe, that doesn't necessarily discredit the possibility of those two, does it? Or did he denounce the entire series and I'm missing that?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh gosh Mewkokiri, Mewgerudo, Mewmogma, Mewkikwi, Mewminish etc etc. Oh gosh let it stop before I get ideas and start drawing Mewtwo in forms of all sorts of Zelda races. x_x
Sheikah Mewtwo. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zero Suit Mewtwo
Toon Mewtwo
Captain Mewtwo
M.E.W.T.W.O.
Mewtwo & Pikmin
Mewtwo Kong
King Mewtwo-two-two
MetaMewtwo

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've caught pokemon higher levels than 100

Kangashkan for example, which evolves from Missingno.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, it could be a possibility to see Tom Nook or Mr. Resetti if that was the case if the human character was inappropriate for a fighting game. Though at the same time, I thought the human character was the one that was refereed with the whole "bug net and shovel" back peddle thing.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh Diddy you somehow managed to make me love Mewzora a lot with your wack name ideas. His name better be Mewzora. If not, I'm going to name him so once I get my hands on Pokemon X or Y! :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, the way I see it.... if Sakurai had to tone down Snake's M-rated violence in order to make him fit in Smash.... then why cannot Sakurai exaggerate Villager's E-rated activities in order to make him/her fit in Smash?

There's something similar to Rule 34 in the real world.... if it exists, it can be used as a weapon. Shovels, well, why not take inspiration from Shovel Knight? Nets, why not follow Mr. Game & Watch's lead? Catch projectiles three times with the net, release bees instead of oil.

Sheikah Mewtwo. :troll:
Mewimpa? :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I caught a level 250 Mewtwo once. All you need to do is call yourself Red. As the name your using has something to do with this all. Best thing, this level 250 Mewtwo has Amnesia and Rest. Good luck getting killed. :teeth:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Zero Suit Mewtwo
Toon Mewtwo
Captain Mewtwo
M.E.W.T.W.O.
Mewtwo & Pikmin
Mewtwo Kong
King Mewtwo-two-two
MetaMewtwo
Don't forget:
Mewtwo Trainer
Mewtwo the Hedgehog
Solid Mewtwo
Mr. Mewtwo and Die
Mewtwo Climbers
Mewtwodorf

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Don't forget:
Mewtwo Trainer
Mewtwo the Hedgehog
Solid Mewtwo
Mr. Mewtwo and Die
Mewtwo Climbers
Mewtwodorf
You forgot...

Mewink
Mewelda
Toon Mewtwo
Mewoshi
Mewarth
Mewichu
Mewizard
Mewurtle
Mewvysaur
Mewess

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, the way I see it.... if Sakurai had to tone down Snake's M-rated violence in order to make him fit in Smash.... then why cannot Sakurai exaggerate Villager's E-rated activities in order to make him/her fit in Smash?
Pretty much what I was thinking. I mean, to me it sounds silly when something would be inappropriate for fighting and yet the roster itself has little cohesiveness leaning towards a particular style. Hell, it would actually be a pretty good way to squeeze in a joke character due to the contrasting implications.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And some of the newcomers!

King K. Mewtwo
Mewley