• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's that time again. 1300~

1.Megaman [Capcom] 713
2.Mewtwo [Pokemon] 622
3.Ridley [ Metroid] 501
4.Little Mac [Punch Out] 489
5.King K. Rool [Donkey Kong] 465
6.Waluigi [Super Mario] 407
7.Isaac [Golden Sun] 390
8.Palutena [Kid Icarus] 353
9.Ghirahim [Legend Of Zelda] 339
10.Roy [Fire Emblem] 328
11.Bowser Junior [Super Mario] 315
12.Krom [Fire Emblem] 304
13.Shulk [Xenoblade] 300
14.Pac - Man [Namco] 259
15.Krystal [StarFox] 256
16.Zoroark [Pokemon] 242
17.Geno [Square Enix] 237
18.Takamaru [Murasame Castle] 207
19.Toad [Super Mario]205
20.Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong] 184
21.Saki [Sin & Punishment] 179
22.Samurai Goroh [F-Zero] 169
23.Mona [WarioWare] 135
24.Black Shadow [F-Zero] 135
25.Bandana Dee [Kirby] 132

Anyone wanna do the honors? Diddy? Kuma? Anyone really.

I'll give my thoughts I guess.

1.Megaman [Capcom] 713

Him being in first isn't too surprising. Pretty much every demographic and place online wants Mega Man, except for the Nintendo purists. What is surprising is how far ahead he is. I'm guessing he's the only new 3rd party character Sakurai will go to the effort of approaching a company for, not counting the Namco characters, as they're in a bit of a different situation. Or, if not the only, he'd be the first one Sakurai attempts to add. If he isn't unveiled at E3, I don't imagine his popularity will go anywhere, unless Sakurai makes some negative statement regarding his chances.

2.Mewtwo [Pokemon] 622

Again, not too surprising. All this Mewtwo talk and promotion will probably push him higher in the coming weeks, but still not above Mega Man. Probably the most likely character to be added (or technically re-added). Not much to say about him that hasn't already been said. Expecting him to place just as highly post-E3.

3.Ridley [ Metroid] 501

Another not surprising place. Now that Ridley is the most wanted true Nintendo newcomer in the west, and Sakurai has been made aware of the want for a playable Ridley, and given a very non-committal answer like normal, but not a negative answer, I'm definitely expecting him. I'm also guessing he'll be revealed at E3, but if he's not, there will probably be people questioning if he is to appear playable at all. His overall popularity will be interesting once we can compare a western poll to an eastern poll.

Considering how iconic and popular Punch-Out is in the west, this isn't too surprising. What is surprising is, although a lot exists, we rarely hear very vocal Mac support. I'm pretty confident he'll be added, he's pretty much the biggest unrepresented IP left, that Sakurai hasn't dismissed. Some people say he won't get in because he's too bland... but that's nonsense.

I am surprised he's above K. Rool though. He definitely wouldn't be on a Japanese poll. In fact, he'd be pretty close to the bottom. Definite localized popularity, but enough that Sakurai will still take notice.

Makes sense, even if he hasn't had a very large role for a long time. Unless Sakurai is dead set on returning to adding Dixie, which I doubt, I'd say this guy has one of the best chances. Universal popularity, importance in a major series, plenty of potential, the question is not if he'll be revealed but when. I can honestly see him going either way, unlockability-wise, but I don't think he'll show up at E3. Would probably place fourth on a Japanese poll, behind Mewtwo, Roy, and Mega Man.

Damn 4chan. Well, he's popular, but that's about it. I mean he has potential as well, but so do all the serious Mario newcomers. I wouldn't be upset if he was added, but I do think there are better choices. If he was added, it would be pretty much due to his odd amount of popularity, which he also has (maybe not to this extent) in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if the characters below him overtook him, as long as the poll stays away from Waluigi hotspots. Don't think he'll be at E3, don't think he'll be a starter. His popularity, even though it's strong, will waver if another Mario character is revealed (plus then he probably won't get in).

7.Isaac [Golden Sun] 390

I'm honestly very very surprised and delighted that Isaac has managed to maintain the amount of popularity he still has. I mean, the last game in his series that really left a noticeable impact was ten years ago, and he wasn't even the sole protagonist of it. I mean, he appeared in Brawl and DD since then, but really, his popularity is one of the longest lasting. I think Golden Sun is one of Nintendo's most notable franchises left (after Punch-Out), so I wouldn't be surprised if he was added, even with diminishing Japanese popularity, but at this point popularity, which he still manages to keep, would play a relatively large factor in his inclusion. I don't expect him to be at E3, but being a starter wouldn't be surprising. If Shulk is confirmed earlier than he is, I expect his popularity to take a hit.

She's made quite an impact for a supporting role in one game, but her popularity and accolades are pretty deserved. She's a great character with lots of potential, so her popularity is probably where is should be. The only thing I see keeping her from being added is Sakurai'w own humility, but I think she has enough in her favour that he will look past it. I'd say her E3 chances were really high, and she's probably one of the most likely starters. I don't see her popularity lowering. Maybe if we get another female revealed beforehand, but one, we probably won't, and two, it still wouldn't effect her chances.

I don't know why this guy has so much popularity. He's an interesting character, yeah, and he could definitely work in Smash, but he's still a flavour-of-the-month who's popularity will dissipate as soon as the next Zelda comes along. Needless to say, I think his chances are overrated, but the fact that he does have so much remaining popularity is a bit of a surprise. I'm guessing it came mostly from places other than Smashboards, who just see a cool new character and want them included.

10.Roy [Fire Emblem] 328

Yup. His popularity, especially in the west, may have derived from Smash, but the fact is he still has a lot of popularity. As a veteran, and a semi-clone, and the second most popular character in Japan, I think his chances are quite good, but if Sakurai goes down the recency route, that won't be too surprising either honestly. It's either him or Chrom. Or maybe a new character we don't know about, but I doubt it. Not much to say about him, he'll definitely be an unlockable if included, which means we probably won't know until towards the end if he's included. If Chrom is revealed, his popularity will take a nose dive.

He may not be as popular as Waluigi, he may not be as iconic as Toad, but he's still a valid candidate with a good deal of popularity. If Sakurai dismisses Toad, and wants a character who actually plays a role in Mario games other than spin-offs, he'd probably be the choice to go with. He'd also work as a semi-clone, which could help his chances over the other Mario characters. Like the rest though, if another Mario character gets confirmed, his popularity will tank.

The gap between him a Roy are becoming a bit more noticeable, but he wouldn't get in through popularity anyway. A decent character who definitely does have some popularity and some support, he'd probably only be adding if Sakurai goes to IS for suggestions. Right now he's experienced the heightened popularity that comes with Awakening, but it still doesn't match Roy's, so when the game moves out of the spotlight, he'll probably descend. Possible for a starter character, but if a semi-clone, unlikely.

13.Shulk [Xenoblade] 300

Really, considering Xenoblade isn't too well known in the west, Shulk's popularity is about right. It's higher in the east. Pretty likely for inclusion, though it's possible Sakurai doesn't think the series warrants it yet, especially if X turns out to be unrelated, but both of those situations are unlikely. Probably will get a popularity surge with more details about X, and is fairly likely to be a starter, though it really could go either way IMO.

14.Pac - Man [Namco] 259

This guy owes his popularity to Namco's involvement. Without him, he would hardly get brought up. That said, his chances are pretty good, I'd say he's the most likely Namco character, and while his popularity for Smash is due to Namco, his popularity in general is pretty deserved. His popularity probably won't change unless Sakurai makes a negative statment about a Namco character, or another Namco character does in fact get in, in which case, he'll probably slip back to close to where he originally was, though there will be some people who think more than one Namco character is a possibility. If he's included, pretty likely to be at E3. Sakurai could go with Mega Man, but one will be saved for later, and honestly I think it'd be the blue bomber.

15.Krystal [StarFox] 256

Yeah. This isn't too surprising. It's actually more surprising her popularity (for what it is) has remained this high, considering SF has gotten no new original games, Wolf got in Brawl over her, and Palutena has (deservedly) stolen many of the "we need a female" crowd. Popularity was always her biggest asset, and it still is, but that's all she really has now. And it's honestly not enough to likely get her in. Of course, if we get a new SF game announced at E3, it will most likely skyrocket. I don't think it will effect her chances though tbh, unless Sakurai has known about it for a while, and Krystal plays a relatively big role. If she does end up being included, I honestly do think she'd be a starter, no matter what, but... she's lucky she still has that popularity to cling to.

16.Zoroark [Pokemon] 242

Well, he was probably always a little more expected than wanted, but he did have some popularity. If the 6th gen doesn't provide a clear Smash-feasible character pretty soon, but GF still wants a Pokemon newcomer (a true newcomers), he probably still has the best chance. Though now GF would probably be satisfied with re-adding Mewtwo, considering he's back in promotion and everything. I'd say Zoroark's chances were shaky at best. His popularity is ready to topple whenever we get a 6th gen character feasible for Smash, that GF promotes. If included, probably as an unlockable. Actually does have more popularity in Japan than here, but not by a crazy amount.

haha. Well, yeah, he's popular. But that's it. He's not likely. And he's not that popular anymore either. I'd say his only shot would be if Sakurai based the inclusions this time on Brawl-era popularity, and Square was willing to play ball. I highly doubt it though, Mega Man and Namco will probably take priority. His popularity will continue to decline...

Honestly, pretty surprising he can manage this much in general, considering he's had one obscure game and been referenced a couple times. People might think this is low, but for who the character is, it's pretty high. Of course his chances are great, and he's likely the "revival" character Sakurai was hinting at, and will probably be at E3. Nintendo Land helped a lot to get his name out.

19.Toad [Super Mario]205

Poor Toad. He really does deserve inclusion, but I don't think he'll get it. He has very little Smash demand in Japan, and only mediocre demand here. If Sakurai hasn't thought about him as a playable character before, he likely still won't, and this amount of popularity probably won't change his mind if he already has. Of course, he has become more prominent again as of late, so Sakurai's opinion might be different now, but personally I don't think it's too likely. Though he definitely deserves it. Another Mario character being confirmed will rob his popularity, and likely his chance.

Dixie's never been the most popular, and it's not too surprising considering she's only had like two major roles, both two decades ago. Her inclusion is likely based on Sakurai wanting to revisit his idea from Brawl, not popularity anyway. Though she also has decent popularity in Japan. Higher than Krystal. If K. Rool gets confirmed, her popularity will likely decrease, but it's possible we get both. A more recent appearance (outside of spin-offs) would help her chances though. Actually even a spin-off would help at this point.

Saki's a cool guy, he'd be a good character in Smash, but I think his chances are always being overrated. S&P has never been very successful, and even in Japan Saki isn't the most popular. People assume he has a good chance because of Sakurai bias... but Sakurai doesn't act on his bias very often. In any case, his popularity isn't surprising. I don't see him being included, though if he did make it I wouldn't complain.

Now, this here is a real shame. Personally I don't think Goroh will be included, but I thought that was mostly because of F-Zero being kinda dead right now, with no follow-up coming anytime soon, judging from Miyamoto's statements. Now it seems his overall lack of popularity, which I thought he had more of, will also negatively affect his chances. He really is the best choice for a 2nd F-Zero character, but I just don't see it this time around. Plus he doesn't have much popularity in Japan either, it was all stolen by Black Shadow. :glare:

23.Mona [WarioWare] 135

I honestly expected her to be last. Her being this high is surprising. If Sakurai wanted to add a WarioWare character, she'd be one of the more likely ones, but... even with Game & Wario, I don't think any of them really stand out enough. Though they would have some pretty entertaining movesets. I'd rather have Jimmy T. Interesting that she wasn't last though... it must be because she's female. :rolleyes:

I don't really like Black Shadow, but I thought he'd be a little higher than this. Even with his notable (yet not too high) popularity in Japan, I still don't see him being included. I know a lot of people say this, but the only way I see him being added is if Ganondorf gets a new moveset and Sakurai wants to keep his old one somehow. Anyway, his popularity isn't going to be changing any time soon. If Goroh gets in, it'll be even lower (and vice versa).

I never really thought he was the most likely candidate, personally I think we have all we need from Kirby, but I did think he'd be a little higher than this. Odd. He would be in Japan, though not by much. If we were closer to Return to Dreamland, or there had been another recent or upcoming Kirby game, he'd probably be a bit higher, but although low, I don't think his chances are that great anyhow. Plus Sakurai was reluctant to add his own characters until they were amongst the most popular, I doubt he'll find this addition worthy, at this time at least.

So... that took longer than I thought. Overall the only surprises for me were how far ahead Mega Man is, Ghirahim, Goroh, Mona, and Bandana Dee. Waluigi would be as well if I hadn't known where that poll has been. ;)

Isaac will never receive as much love as he deserves. =X
That's not how you spell Isaac.
We're totally friends now. :awesome::laugh:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I'm okay with Zoratwo Mewthree the new Mewtwo form. I'm usually cool with the vast majority of newer pokemon in the series in general anyway's.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It isn't on my computer.

It's someone's interpretation of Mewthree in sprite form

Edit: It's from 4chan

Edit Edit: It's not correct completely though, If you look closely you can see something around Mewthree's waist

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well I guess we will have to wait until the weekend until we can hear more about this Mewthree/Mewzora/Mewhatever I suppose. If it truly is real that is.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Why do people call him Mew Zora? Can he turn into Mew Deku?
Because his tail is on the back of his head instead of his butt now. And it kinda makes him look like a zora in those images.

Some even say he looks more like Giegue/Giygas as well now.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mewthree looks stupid. So the Pokemon Company decided to move Mewtwo's tail from the butt to the back of the head and call it a day?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We should at least wait until there is a clear scan of him.

Maybe Friday or Saturday

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Serebii shared it, and he rarely shares bull****.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mewzora's head is too big to be in smash. :troll:

On a serious note, his white body is now completely featureless. He looks kinda.... naked. :urg:

D

Deleted member

After noticing that he wasn't turned into a ****** like I initially thought, I'm starting to accept the new form.
The design kind of reminds me of Arceus, so essentially to me, it's like if Mewtwo sarpassed the god of Pokemon and took his place.
And hey, it could have been a lot worse considering the increasingly complex designs over the years with the multicolors and spikes..

Also, Tingle > Impa any day. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mewtwo fighting Genesect doesn't seem that exciting...

Couldn't 1 fire blast take him out?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The design kind of reminds me of Arceus, so essentially to me, it's like if Mewtwo sarpassed the god of Pokemon and took his place.
Estuans interius ira vehementi
Estuans interius ira vehementi
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Pfft. That argument falls apart as Ridley was already in Brawl, and infact there were two Ridleys in it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I enjoyed reading what you wrote N30N, and I'll be adding the bosses you suggested (that I haven't already added) right nao. The closer I get to the poll being finalized, the more I wanna release it early. MUST. RESIST. Had to clean the house, check up on applications/resumes, go shopping, and make lunch. Now I'm exhausted and full :x

And really, Ridley being too big has a legitmate point to be made, but that's it. It's not something that can completely rule him out. Really, I think his biggest enemy is Sakurai himself and how he's been imlpemented in the last three games. (Everything but playable material?) Plus, his biggest role in Smash so far, was a boss... where he is.... really big. So again, being large, does have a legitimate point to be made, but that's about it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What I'm wondering about Mewthree, is what's the deal with the picture? It looks almost exactly like the poster art for the movie, which we've already seen, except somebody smashed in Genesect's face and morphed Mewtwo into Mewzora.

For reference:

Something just smells fishy to me. I' not sure why Serebii is posting it though, which is the only reason I don't immediately dismiss it. We'll see, I guess.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I think eleven newcomers is a BIT low. And that's including Mewtwo. Besides Waluigi, the choices aren't BAD. Maybe a tad... expected, which is boring, imo at least.
Well I have another version with five more characters in it. But the game is supposed to be more balanced and wouldn't just get more content put into it so I figured I should put the characters in there that I really thought were going to be playable without putting in my own personal opinions into it. (Hence the lack of something really crazy because again that wouldn't really be unrealistic)

I do have something crazier in mind though, but I do think that a roster looking similar to this will be in the final game initially. Assuming DLC will be possible.

D

Deleted member

What I'm wondering about Mewthree, is what's the deal with the picture? It looks almost exactly like the poster art for the movie, which we've already seen, except somebody smashed in Genesect's face and morphed Mewtwo into Mewzora.

For reference:

Something just smells fishy to me. I' not sure why Serebii is posting it though, which is the only reason I don't immediately dismiss it. We'll see, I guess.
That doesn't really disconfirm anything; last year had two identical posters for Keldeo's movie where the only difference was the form Keldeo was in.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

For reference:

I don't know, seems too fishy if you ask me, but still even it's too fishy, MewTwo being featured in the movie seems weird (showing off Mew Two new form is a good reason for him to be included) so I guess I'm torn.

his head reminds me of Arceus

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That doesn't really disconfirm anything; last year had two identical posters for Keldeo's movie where the only difference was the form Keldeo was in.
Huh. I guess that's true... There was also the two seperate B/W movies, where the difference was Reshiram/Zekrom involvement, and a shiny/unshiny Hydreigon.

Still, it just seems weird...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

For reference:

Thing is, the Pokemon Company does that quite a lot. Check out some of their other posters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's that time again. 1300~

1.Megaman [Capcom] 713
2.Mewtwo [Pokemon] 622
3.Ridley [ Metroid] 501
7.Isaac [Golden Sun] 390
10.Roy [Fire Emblem] 328
13.Shulk [Xenoblade] 300
14.Pac - Man [Namco] 259
15.Krystal [StarFox] 256
16.Zoroark [Pokemon] 242
19.Toad [Super Mario]205
23.Mona [WarioWare] 135

Anyone wanna do the honors? Diddy? Kuma? Anyone really.
Since you directly asked me, and I feel like being nice, here it goes:

1. MegaMan

Well, even though I do not care for the character in the slightest, I can see why he's the most suggested 3rd party character. Am not too surprised he's first, seeing as 3rd party characters are usually overhyped. Wouldn't care at all if he makes it or not myself, but am sort of getting the appeal. And my guess on him being first is that 'Murricans dominate the internet, so there goes.

2. Mewtwo

Again no big surprises, everyone wants him back except for Habanero aka Mr.Grumpyface. And with the new movie and possible new form coming up, I feel like he might become #1 on the list again, as he should. Of coarse he has moveset potential plenty, and I think he'll recieve quite some buffs and tweaks in his moveset to. It's really hard not to imagine him being in Smash 4 at this point. A must have.

3. Ridley

Again, 'Murrica speaks. Yes, Metroid needs more characters. And yes, Ridley would be awesome. I personally think Ridley is one of the characters that if you do not like / want him in Smash Bros., your automatically not cool. I myself am looking forward for him being playable, purely on the basis on how the heck they'll make him work. And how 'mature' the Smash team has become in making characters. Ridley seems like the ultimate challenge, I want them to take it.

4. Little Mac

New game, check. Fighter material, check. Old school favorite, check. Brawl Assist Trophy, check. Lot's of things going for him. But having never played Punch Out myself, I cannot really say I'm too excited for Little Mac. I think it's more of a 'expected, but not wanted' character, but in the grandest scale possible. Yes, I to expect him in. He seems like a shoe-in at this point. But why do I want him? So I can beat the crap out of him as Donkey Kong this time.

5. King K.Rool

Sure became popular huh old buddy of mine? Am very glad he's up there and he has a decent chance of making it. This character would truely make my most favorite 'true' newcomer, and am most excited for him to appear! And just look at how many DKC fans came out of the closet here due to this character alone! He's very popular, and his absence in DKC:Returns only signified his support. Sure, no recent appearances hurt, but Smash is the ideal place for a propper revival. I think his support would sky rocket if there was any sort of hint of a new Donkey Kong Country with him as the villain to. This character has so good moveset potential, if he doesn't make it I'd be actually sad. Plus, DKC is seriously underrepped. To me, he's a must have.

6. Waluigi

I really don't get Waluigi fans. Just what do you see in this lanky purple-wearing abomination? I guess he does have the body type and wackiness to create a moveset with, but does that make me want him? Not in the slightest. I have many other Mario characters I'd like to see before him. And him being so high seems like 4chan's doing, or another network of trolls. Nice going ******s.

7. Isaac

Now here comes my excitement again! After K.Rool, Isaac is easily my second most wanted 'true' newcomer. Having Earth Psynergy, surely his moveset would even appeal to those not familiar with Golden Sun. He's also got Brawl Assist Trophy-status, and is still surprisingly popular despite the 'flop' that was Dark Dawn (apperantly). Here's hoping his inclusion would make Camelot interessted again in making another Golden Sun. It's so weird that Camelot is responsible for making something so great as Golden Sun, yet also something as hideous as Waluigi. Ah well, if you want a Camelot-made character, Isaac is the way to go in my opinion! Earth Psynergy, Djinni, Summons, just pure awesome. DO WANT.

8. Palutena

Like Little Mac, am not too excited for her, but do expect her to be in. Kid Icarus will most likely get a new rep, and what would be better than a big boobed chick with a staff, who has appeared in Brawl in various forms and even has her name as the name of the whole series in Japan. Kinda like the Zelda to Pit (Pit being Link). I expect her, and I even expect to see her being revealed in the E3 trailer.

9. Ghirahim

Really now? He got so high in the votes? Then why the hell are there so many people complaining about Skyward Sword? Yeah, I see the potential, but he's not my personal choice. While I do like his character somewhat, and the freshness he brought to villains in Zelda in general, he doesn't fill my heart with rainbows. Like, at all. Impa is my personal choice, due to overall importance to the series. And I don't want a one-timer sticking too long into the roster like they did with Sheik. Would however accept him togheter with Impa, but it seems unlikely.

10. Roy

Our boy. Yeah, you can say I warmed up to him again. With Awakening's DLC being so well received, and thus him making a first appearance in the western gaming world it seems he does have a good shot for Smash again. However, I still do view Chrom as more likely than him. Still, the Fire Emblem franchise could easily be represented with 4 characters due to it's succes lately. And Roy would be an easy addition as a Luigified Marth clone at worst. Hoping for him to make it. If only for the fact that I want 4 Fire Emblem Lords.

11. Bowser Jr.

Hmmm, well I can see this. Not my personal choice for a Mario newcomer either (that'd be Toad) but I see why people would want him. He's been making a lot of appearances lately, especially in the New Super Mario Bros. series. He could make a good fighter, but I sort of expect him to be a Luigified Bowser clone. Which is not a bad thing even, but still boring in my books. Sorry.

12. Chrom

People love him, or hate him. While I didn't play Awakening due to not having a 3DS and thus not knowing much of him, I heard he loves to take away your potential brides. Which is totally hilarious. Yet quite a douchebag act. Well, I sure hope he doesn't replace Ike, cause that would cause sadness in my heart. But I do see him as the most likely Fire Emblem character to appear next to Marth. He's very likely, no doubt. Hopefully he'll also use a lance in some form.

13. Shulk

I do not care about this character at all having never played Xenoblade, and he seems like good competition for Isaac. YET ISAAC BEAT YOUR ASS IN POPULARITY! Take that. HUH!

14, Pac Man

Everybody says a Namco rep is very likely. Why..? I see nothing to get excited for.

15. Krystal

A 4th StarFox character is really not needed. Yet I wouldn't mind her making it aslong as furfags leave their obsession about her in their mind. She's the most likely choice for a 4th StarFox rep though. Easily. And she'd probably be more unique than Falco and Wolf. Still, no recent apperances hurt her more than say, K.Rool. If she returns in a new StarFox game, I'd bet she'll be in it. If not, I wouldn't count on it. I loved StarFox Adventures though, and I supported her pre-Brawl a bit (due to Rare-bias) yet am not too excited for her no more. Good that she remained a little popular though.

16. Zoroark

Bandwagon train please move to the next station please. There's nothing to be seen here. Yeah I'd prefer if they'd just keep Lucario and re-add Mewtwo and call it a day.

17. Geno

Really? He made it this far? Well, that's good. But being popular doesn't warrant you an inclusion. And damn, don't we all hate it? I think we do. Some more than others, but yeah, life goes on after Super Mario RPG. It's a shame, but I think we're never gonna see any shape or form of Geno in Smash Bros. ever.

18. Takamaru

Well, no real actual game appearance does cause this sort of placement I'd think? Sure, Captain Rainbow, Nintendo Land and that one obsure Samurai game are cute and all, but what he needs for inclusion is his own game. Sure the Japanese would rank him much higher, and I personally feel he's also the ideal retro revival character yet you can only expect this much of ignorant 'Murricans. I think everyone who knows about him voted for him, and those who don't didn't. Easy as that.

19. Toad

Why are you so low little buddy! Yeah, Peach uses you as a special move, but just swap Toadsworth on her and you'll be fine. I always wanted Toad in ever since Melee's Adventure Mode's first stage, Mushroom Kingdom. I think he'd make a good, fun lightweight fighter, with a huge iconic status to boot! Ideal Mario newcomer in my opinion. A true classic. I hope he'll rise more than this in the future. One of the few true classic Nintendo icons left to be included. Hope they don't miss out on him this time.

20. Dixie Kong

Everyone is probably just voting for K.Rool to make it. Yet her appearance on the list signifies that people do want 4 DKC characters on the roster. And so do I. Maybe people disregard her as 'clone' too fast, but her hair, lack of tail, cartwheeling attacks, popguns and barreljets make her unique from Diddy enough. A Luigified clone at worst, but with an unqiue playstyle if only cause of this:
Just include her please, and let haters be hating.

21. Saki

Never played Sin & Punishment, but from what I've seen, it looks a lot like Kid Icarus Uprising. Well, that can go for or against him. It's very clear Sakurai likes the guy though, and he does seem to fit in good enough. Playstyle would also be quite unique. I say, why not? His game was also translated for Wii VC, and how often does that happen?

22. Samurai Goroh

I personally gave up on ever seeing a companion of C.Falcon in Smash. But if anyone makes it, Samurai Goroh seems to be the man. Though he's one of those guys that makes me think; Hey man, there's a lot of swordsmen in Smash. And that's mostly cause I cannot really see him do much unique besides what he did in Brawl as AT. Stingray Slash, ok. But other than that he just looks like Wario with a Beam Sword. Maybe I'm just being too bitter, but am just not seeing it yet.

23. Mona

Really? Why choose her if you can get Jimmy T. or Ashley? I would like a second Wario character, but I don't see anything really special in Mona. She's a prominent character in Wario Ware though, and does not have the creepy fans Ashley has, but still. Not too excited for her at all.

24. Black Shadow

Dude, I have the BEST, IDEA, EVER! Ok, so hear me out... Ganondorf is a clone of Captain Falcon right!? So what if we gave Ganondorf a new moveset, and gave his Brawl moveset to someone from F-Zero! Like, Black Shadow!? Yeah, genius ain't I?

The idea is cute but am not really seeing it. Would really like it happening, and would really like to Falcon Punch him in the face, but I wouldn't cry if we got no substitude for Captain Ganondorf. Not at all.

25. Bandana Dee

Yeah so, he has a spear. Cool. I guess. Still think that MetaKnight and King Dedede make up the most important secondary characters from the Kirby franchise. He's still viable yeah, but like StarFox, I do not really feel Kirby needs another new character. Unique playstyle or not, King Dedede is still throwing his family as a Side B move. And that's totally different from Yoshi, Pikachu and everyone else you'd call 'generic'. Sorry.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I love Pokemon as a franchise but I hate the Pokemon company to guts TBH they are milking Pokemon too much...(the only good thing is the main series and that's it.)
I understand that. TPC is milking the franchise a little.

Then again, the series sells like HOTCAKES in Japan, so it's not like they will stop.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ridley for SM4SH you say?

[Facepalm]
[/Facepalm]

If you look up "Too Big" in the Urban Dictionary, you get Ridley.

Now why is Ridley too big for Smash?

Because he's very large. That's why.

Super Tall and weighs a lot.

If he was shorter and weighed less, than maybe he could make it into Smash. I mean, look at Olimar, he's like an inch tall. I'm going to use Olimar as the staple character for height and weight measurements for the rest of this discussion.

Compare this image to Samus

He's twice as big. And Samus is as big as Bowser. Everyone knows Bowser is 10 feet tall, or larger. That makes Ridley 1 Billion Feet Tall. He wouldn't even fit on the screen. Or, if they put him on the screen and made everything else proportional, than you wouldn't even be able to see any of the other characters.

I give you another image of Sakurai TRYING to put Ridley in Brawl

See, he didn't even fit in the template properly. Sakurai did a good job changing him to a boss character, because he seems to fit the boss template A LOT better

In conclusion, Ridley simply won't be able to fit on the screen. If you disagree, you can go to a different thread because this isn't a discussion. My opinion is right and you are wrong.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I love Pokemon as a franchise but I hate the Pokemon company to guts TBH they are milking Pokemon too much...(the only good thing is the main series and that's it.)
I beg to differ.

Mystery Dungeon is the ****.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Imo, Mystery Dungeon and Conquest were really good. Especially Explorers of Sky and Red Rescue Team.

Ah, memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom