• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wow. We are really thirsty from the long news drought... we are delirious about Mewtwo tonight. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want them to use that model in Project M. They have no excuse not to use it!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's also very usable in the Melee SD Remix. It even does 12% damage.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Regarding to the Animal Crossing situation, but if the human character might be implausible then it might hurt the chances of a potential character. This is unless the whole Mr. Resetti's rant of being ripped off for being an item instead of a playable character is taken seriously and he's promoted. For Tom Nook, it's a more sketchy topic, especially with that ambiguous "fighting club" statement that nobody knows about.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Mewtwo comes back in SSB4, then I hope Mewtwo's Down+B move (Disable) lets me stun opponents even if they are not facing Mewtwo and it has a small radius that it can stun opponents behind Mewtwo, too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh gosh I got Mewtwo'd out. I guess it's getting very late so I should get out of here now. I'll talk to you guy's later. Thanks for making me love Mewzora. ciao.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Animal Crossing is boring anyway. :p
NOT TRUE! Have you even considered the fact that Tom Nook offers to buy mysterious bones that you find in the ground? That a sleepy owl claims that they are merely dinosaur bones? There's some sketchy **** behind the scenes of Animal Crossing man.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
NOT TRUE> Have you even considered the fact that Tom Nook offers to buy mysterious bones that you find in the ground? That a sleepy owl claims that they are merely dinosaur bones? There's some sketchy **** behind the scenes of Animal Crossing man.
Nook is the murderer. After all, tanooki are known to be malicious. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
NOT TRUE> Have you even considered the fact that Tom Nook offers to buy mysterious bones that you find in the ground? That a sleepy owl claims that they are merely dinosaur bones? There's some sketchy **** behind the scenes of Animal Crossing man.
Uhm, if you have time to ponder all those things in that game, I indeed find it worthy to call it boring. Sowwy. :nervous:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really enjoyed Animal Crossing 10 years ago. But... after the first year, I got bored with it... it started to feel like a chore since I already saw everything in a year. I haven't bought nor played Wild World and City Folk... and I am not sure New Leaf would still be fun after one year. Do I hate it? No.... but it just isn't for me in the long run. It's a really cute game, though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I get it now. Nook hires out Resetti to bury the bones of his competitors/enemies who double cross him. Blathers also plays a part in declaring the bones to be from dinosaurs to deflect any sort of suspicion. To save money to carry out such deeds, Nook forces two young raccoon children to do his bidding, as there are no child labor laws in the world of Animal Crossing.

Tortimer has also been paid off to turn a blind eye to it. It all makes sense now...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I bet that if I could play as Diddy Kong in Animal Crossing I wouldn't think it's boring.

Only played the DS version btw.

D

Deleted member

Regarding to the Animal Crossing situation, but if the human character might be implausible then it might hurt the chances of a potential character. This is unless the whole Mr. Resetti's rant of being ripped off for being an item instead of a playable character is taken seriously and he's promoted. For Tom Nook, it's a more sketchy topic, especially with that ambiguous "fighting club" statement that nobody knows about.
Well to be fair, why the Villager might be seen as too far from Smash's image is because the Villager is typically a happy-go-lucky person who just lives life and has fun, so having him beat people up seems a little off.
As for Nook, the fact he's so questionable, even to the other characters in the game.....might make him more believable as a fighter, I don't know. Sakurai's concept of using a shovel and bug net can easily be given to Nook instead, if he wanted to revist it without adding the Villager. (Kind of like how I believe Sakurai may revisit the tag-team concept he had with Diddy/Dixie, but instead do it with Dixie/Kiddy.)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well to be fair, why the Villager might be seen as too far from Smash's image is because the Villager is typically a happy-go-lucky person who just lives life and has fun, so having him beat people up seems a little off.
Because Peach and Jigglypuff are savage beasts by comparison...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Revisiting ideas but do them differently? How come you then always scold me when I say 'Toon Sheik' will get a spiritual revival as a project through Impa?

How I feel when speaking of Impa in this thead:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Pretty certain Sakurai said Animal Crossing as a whole is a series too peaceful in nature to lend itself to fighting.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I don't think Animal Crossing is that peaceful.

[collapse=Warning: conspiracies. Do not read if easily scared/offended]Animal Crossing isn't boring at all. First of all, a kappa is a driver for various transportations. A KAPPA? You do know that kappas are mischievous Japanese folklore creatures. While they can be a great friend once befriended, they are also know to conduct not-so-innocent things like pranks, ****, and drowning people.

Not only that, Gyroids, y'know those statues that you can dig up that play music, are based on haniwa, clay figures that are buried with the dead for ritual purposes during the Kofun period in Japan. Like, when a villager moves and leaves a buried Gyroid behind, are they essentially going into the after life? Like, what's happening here...are you, the player, essentially already dead? Or maybe you're just an innocent kid that got lost in a forest, hallucinating. Hence why animals and snowmen could talk. And when your mom keeps trying to reach you via letters and whatnot, that's just a fragment of your imagination. You're just going insane, thinking about your mom for comfort reasons.

[collapse=What Gyroids are based on]
[/collapse][/collapse]
Sorry, I just gottta let that out...

But anyway, I do kinda get where Sakurai is coming from in regards to AC...I think. Kinda reminds me on the strict rules about putting Miis in party/spin-off games.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Hab, have you not seen ghostbusters, Marshmellows can be dangerous crap

Not to mention peach is bipolar, (go play super princess peach)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Look at the tear tatoo. She killed a man before, and ain't affraid to do it again. :glare:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't think Animal Crossing is that peaceful.

[collapse=Warning: conspiracies. Do not read if easily scared/offended]Animal Crossing isn't boring at all. First of all, a kappa is a driver for various transportations. A KAPPA? You do know that kappas are mischievous Japanese folklore creatures. While they can be a great friend once befriended, they are also know to conduct not-so-innocent things like pranks, ****, and drowning people.

Not only that, Gyroids, y'know those statues that you can dig up that play music, are based on haniwa, clay figures that are buried with the dead for ritual purposes during the Kofun period in Japan. Like, when a villager moves and leaves a buried Gyroid behind, are they essentially going into the after life? Like, what's happening here...are you, the player, essentially already dead? Or maybe you're just an innocent kid that got lost in a forest, hallucinating. Hence why animals and snowmen could talk. And when your mom keeps trying to reach you via letters and whatnot, that's just a fragment of your imagination. You're just going insane, thinking about your mom for comfort reasons.

[collapse=What Gyroids are based on]
[/collapse][/collapse]
Sorry, I just gottta let that out...

But anyway, I do kinda get where Sakurai is coming from in regards to AC...I think. Kinda reminds me on the strict rules about putting Miis in party/spin-off games.
I'm offended by the fact that it isn't offensive enough.

The problem I always had with the Villager was that there was no set appearance for it, not even gender. At least Nook looks the same each game barring design evolutions. Something tells me that the exclusion of an Animal Crossing character might have been set off by the Subpar Emissary. No AC character would've fit in that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Have you guys seen this already?

I kinda hope Smash 4 has a feature similar to this to. I bet Kuma and Manly would love the heck out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom