• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyone expecting Wreck-It-Ralph to influence any kind of executive decision needs to think again. We're talking about two different spheres that have little to do with the other outside of small cameos in an animated film. Apples and oranges.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
yeah cause Pac-Man didn't have so much working for him before this movie. you know that movie also features Q*bert, Street Fighter characters, Ninja Gaiden and i could honestly go on.
Hence any could be legitimate wants for Smash. Seeing Bowser work with the Pac-Man Ghosts says a lot.

Pac-Man doesn't even play that large a role in Wreck It Ralph and it's not like he got any more notice than anyone else. if anything based off that movie we should expect a Street Fighter rep because they got the most cameos and speaking parts in that movie.
Yeah. An interesting thing about that whole premise, is that the Pac-Man Ghosts have no real personality normally, and we don't even know if they're really that evil. Wreck-It Ralph destroys buildings for no reason, so...

As for Bowser and Eggman(note it's the Eggman design, although they may use the name Robotnik since his only Arcade appearances have him named that way, but we'll see), they both have shown to not be completely evil and have good sides. More than once, they've teamed up with the Heroes to fight a bigger evil. As well as proved to have hearts too.

Zangief is an interesting choice, too. He was never "evil" anyway. Just sometimes shown as "hired" at worst. I think it was more that he looked like he should be than is.

My overall point is that the movie may show some neat ideas for characters(Pac-Man is one of many). Also, isn't is sad that this is the best Eggman/Bowser crossover we may ever see? Sonic and Mario just ain't going to do a platforming crossover... at this point, anyway.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i dont wanna derail the thread any further but i don't think we're ever really gonna see a Mario/Sonic platform crossover. the two playstyles are far to different to really gel cohesively. and overall, and i am generalizing here, Sonic games have more communication and cutscenes than Mario games so a storyline would be hard to do. it would just be difficult to show both series justice in a crossover game like that.

now what about Capcom getting involved here. obviously theres a lot of support for Megaman, but the Megaman franchise hasn't been shown much love in the last couple years. Street Fighter is going really well though, so i can honestly see Ryu getting in and working very well. but i don't really want it. what do you guys think? would Capcom push for Street Fighter, or Megaman(and if so which one), or go with a third option al together? or is it possible that Sakurai just won't go with any Capcom characters? thoughts?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Street Fighter's playstyle is the kind that Sakurai was purposely trying to avoid emulating. I really don't see it as a very high choice for him, especially since MegaMan was connected to Nintendo.

And Capcom has shown interest in MegaMan being the best choice to rep the Nintendo side of Capcom.

I really don't think Street Fighter is a good fitting choice, honestly. We already have shoto-clones in Mario/Luigi/Dr. Mario. Ryu brings nothing unique to the table at all. MegaMan atleast has a various amount of non-shoto moves, making him the better choice.

That, and one of the Capcom representatives from the UK area doesn't even think Ryu is a good choice in it, but M. Bison instead. I can see why. He's one of the unique SF characters in the first place. :D

Mairo and Sonic's playstyles would fit just fine. The first Sonic game and most of the 3D ones are fairly slow. A 3D Platformer wouldn't really change all that much. At worst Mario might put on a suit to race with Sonic. Their levels aren't extremely different beyond "fast vs slow" anymore. The power-ups are somewhat similar to an extent. The biggest differences is how endings are gotten, and the health system.

D

Deleted member

@Manly: You are aware that there is a Digimon Smash clone, right?
It may be sort of on the bad side in comparison, but Agumon is clearly capable of working in a Smash environment.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
the fast and slow pace makes a difference for a crossover with them. in 3D Sonic games generally are about getting from point A and race to point B with very little stalling. While Mario games have a little more exploring to them and more puzzle solving. at most i can see them do the situation in the Crash and Spyro crossover where it's two seperate games but it utilizes both their worlds

and i agree with all you points about Street Fighter, those are the exact reasons why people should also stop suggesting Tekken cause they are even less interesting than Ryu. except that we really can't deny Street Fighter being Capcoms most successful series right now and Ryu is pretty much their new mascot.

@Golden
dude i totally have that game. it does really suck, but your point is still valid lol

D

Deleted member

@3B: It's one of those guilty pleasures in playing. It may suck, but it's still a pretty good time-waster with a bunch of friends.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
now what about Capcom getting involved here. obviously theres a lot of support for Megaman, but the Megaman franchise hasn't been shown much love in the last couple years. Street Fighter is going really well though, so i can honestly see Ryu getting in and working very well. but i don't really want it. what do you guys think? would Capcom push for Street Fighter, or Megaman(and if so which one), or go with a third option al together? or is it possible that Sakurai just won't go with any Capcom characters? thoughts?
Capcom has been a jerk to all their major franchises recently, not just the Mega Man series. Three game cancellations is unfortunate (though looking at all 3 I can kinda see why Capcom did what they did), but that doesn't mean the series is dead (looking at all the new merchandise it's far from) nor should it effect him getting into Smash, especially since Capcom has been really money hungry as of late.

Ryu could technically work, it's just no one is pushing for him. Plain and simple.

dude i totally have that game. it does really suck, but your point is still valid lol
From what I've seen so far it's still better than PS All Stars though. :p

D

Deleted member

From what I have experienced, as GameStop has the Demo of PSA, Digimon Rumble Arena 2 is far better.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i played the Beta of PSA and idk i like it. it's definantly more of a casual playing game and i dont see it blowing up like Smash did but i think its good. coulda used more Crash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Except Tekken stuff could get in without counting as a third party slot since Namco-Bandai is working with them. And the main character isn't really similar to anyone(Heihachi) bar Captain Falcon perhaps at best. Ryu is very similar to Mario/Luigi, so I don't like him specifically.

Tekken's not that boring, really.

Anyway, nah, Mario & Sonic would fit fine together. Sonic also is a major explorer. The only real difference I see is that there's less mini-game-style play for Sonic then there is for Mario. That's easily solveable by having their courses each fit their style a bit. Kind of like most Sonic games that have courses in the same places, but are changed for the character.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Except Tekken stuff could get in without counting as a third party slot since Namco-Bandai is working with them. And the main character isn't really similar to anyone(Heihachi) bar Captain Falcon perhaps at best. Ryu is very similar to Mario/Luigi, so I don't like him specifically.
Why does NB working with Nintendo make NB characters not 3rd party? I've seen nothing to suggest Namco will get any kind of special treatment in terms of characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why does NB working with Nintendo make NB characters not 3rd party? I've seen nothing to suggest Namco will get any kind of special treatment in terms of characters.
Making the game means you can get special privileges. Please read my wording carefully.

I have been constantly saying "can" and "could" for a lot of reasons. It could happen.

What I mean is that there's so many third party slots. Namco-Bandai could have a character in without counting towards those specific ones. They're still third party, but they aren't in a race of "first come first serve" like others. It's simply a matter of asking.

I still see Pac-Man or a Digimon as the most likely choices for Namco-Bandai to get in, not necessarily what they'll suggest, and maybe they might have none, who knows. But it's still possible for them and 3 other third parties to get in.(and maybe a 4th 3rd party)

D

Deleted member

Logically speaking, the fact that the main Tales guy is the other main director of the game aside from Sakurai, a Tales character stands the most chance.

While Pac-Man or a Digimon "make more sense", they are not necessarily the most likely choices.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Tales is just as likely as any other Namco series, which is to say fairly iffy. Remember that Sakurai gets the last say on whatever happens, not any of Namco's employees.

D

Deleted member

Of course Sakurai has final say. However, the fact that the Tales guy is the other main dev puts a Tales character on a higher tier than say, Pac-Man, Agumon, Heihachi, Taizo Hori, etc.
Just because Sakurai has final say doesn't mean they are on the same tier. Unless you're going to try to argue that since he has final say, Mega Man has equal chances to Ryu or Chris Redfield despite Capcom openly saying Mega Man would ultimately be their choice.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And remember that Sakurai isn't just going to say no unless he doesn't like the character suggestion.

I said Pac-Man and Digimon were the most likely because they easily fit. Tales of actually fits very well, but Namco had no interest in that or Tekken. I see the most likely suggestions being Pac-Man and/or Digimon, which makes sense for various reasons. Soul Calibur and Tekken really doesn't have anything noteworthy Nintendo-wise. Tales of has Symphonia, one of the most popular GameCube rpg's out there. I don't see them avoiding a suggestion at the very least, or Sakurai actually saying no unless he does not like the character specifically.

All of the main 5 series mentioned fit perfectly fine into Smash now.(Pac-Man since he can fight since Pac-Man World 3) Soul Calibur comes close to weakest, but sword users are more than common enough. Nightmare might not fit that great, and of course Voldo would not work at all. Ivy would be nice. I can see why it might never happen. Yoshimitsu, on the other hand, appears in both Tekken and Soul Calibur and would make a good choice to double rep the games, and have a character who well fits in. He's actually funny and cartoony-like.(atleast in SC, I may be wrong about Tekken)

There's no way Pac-Man or say, Agumon, would not fit perfectly into Smash either anyway. I do wonder if there's any other applicable Bandai series(going by the regular third party rule, as in they must originate from a video game). Anybody know of their other video game ones?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since I'm feeling lazy at the moment from lack of sleep due to work, this is pretty much my opinion on Namco besides them seemingly not having much interest:

ChronoBound said:
I don't think people actually want Pac-Man, they are just under the expectation that he is the most likely (he has not even been brought up in any interviews with Namco). The problem with Namco is that their two biggest series involve generic fighting characters (Tekken) or characters that are pretty similar to one of Nintendo's own seiries (Tales of). Moreover, both Tekken and Tales of don't really have any characters that would draw hype and interest the same way Snake and Sonic did. Those series also don't really have a central face (perhaps for Tekken it might Heihachi who crossovered into Soul Calibur II and more recently PlayStation All-Stars) and while Lloyd is seen as the face of Tales in the West, Symphonia was simply another face in the crowd for the series in Japan.

The only way I can see Namco characters getting in is if Sakurai lowered his standards for admission. In the interviews with Namco guys, they seem to be saying that there is interest in their characters being in Smash Bros., but I'm just not seeing it (at least on SmashBoards). I think in regards to a Namco character Namco would probably like to bring in a two or three characters of their own (someone from Tekken, someone from Tales of, and Pac-Man), but I think its all up to Sakurai, and I don't think Sakurai is particularly interested, unless for whatever reason, his philosophy on third-party characters has become more liberal.

D

Deleted member

@Hyper:
The Tales director (you know, the one working with Sakurai) openly stated that he would love to see a Tales character in the game.
And the Tekken director stated that Tekken recieved the most buzz out of any Namco-Bandai series after it was announced Namco-Bandai would be working on SSB4. His main issue is that he's not really sure that's what the fans would want.

So yeah, while Pac-Man and a Digimon "make the most sense", they are not really that likely unless fan support picks up.

@Tri: Again, I have to bring up the Snake issue. If we didn't know Snake was in the game, but we knew a Konami character was, how many people really would have guessed Snake, and instead guessed Simon Belmont? Simon sure makes a heck of a lot more sense, but Snake ultimately was the character in the end. Why? His creator.
Snake only generated hype because he blindsided the fanbase as they didn't expect a Konami character from the getgo. The situation would be much different had Snake not been revealed before it was known there'd be a Konami character.
Same issue with Tales. We know the creator is playing a major role in Smash (being the second developer after Sakurai).

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
yeah the only reason i say Pac-Man should get in is mostly bias and he just fits the general tone. honesty i hadn't even heard of the Tales of series until like a month ago. meanwhile Tekken is just meh to me. but i'll be honest, Pac-Man wasn't always my number 1 third party pick but not like any Tekken or Tales of characters were even close.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@3Bismyname: That's why I see him and/or Digimon as the most likely choices(depending if Namco and Bandai can get separate characters in anyway), even if only for suggestions.

They're all really good ones, no doubt.

I think Lloyd is a neat one since he uses two swords. Heihachi, Nightmare, and Yoshimitsu are some of my other decent choices. The last one being possibly the best for the tone of Smash.(if they remove his suicide-based move)

Still, though, any video game Bandai characters I missed? Note, if somebody said it, and I didn't see it, you may be on my Ignore List. For whatever reason.

D

Deleted member

You do realize that that's not my prediction roster right? Those are characters I legitimately think have a good shot at getting in, based more on likelihood than actual want, hence why characters like Mii and Dixie Kong are on there. My actual roster is underneath, in the dropdown box. And with regards to Zoroark and Lyn, Zoroark makes the roster due to being the most likely new Pokemon character, and Lyn doesn't make the roster due to her being old hat compared to Chrom and Roy, both of whom overshadow her in popularity, support, and importance. Sure, she may have been an Assist Trophy in Brawl, but I feel pretty confident in saying that she's not being promoted from that position any time soon. However, she IS probably the next character in line after Roy and Chrom, but unless Sakurai decides to really go out on a limb and give us 5 FE characters, it's not gonna happen. 4 FE characters is pushing the limit as is.
Roy appeared in FE6 and SSBM, both of which came out before FE7. Lyn appeared in FE7 and Brawl. How is Lyn "and old hat" compared Roy? I don't follow?

Imo, Chrom is pretty much guaranteed a spot, the final one (if we get one) boils down to either Roy or Lyn.

Xenosaga seems very unlikely as the demand for anything from them is low. and as far as God Eater is concerned, I've never heard of it so im just googling it now, that looks like a series known on Playstation systems so thats very unlikely if not impossible.

Tekken and Soul Calibur at least have some things that work in their favor. everyone knows about these series. Even if a person hasn't played them, even a casual gamer has at least heard of these games and can recognize a few of the characters.

My problem with those two series is that they are better known on Xbox and Playstation games. though they have been Nintendo platforms before, they are just better known on different platforms.

Pac-Man may be boring but you can't deny that he is an icon, he's highly recognizable, his appearence doesn't offend anyone (i.e moms, women etc), he does have enough skills to make a very balanced moveset, has had a stronger relationship with Nintendo than most of these other series suggested, and he fits in better than most the other characters.
How does the opinion of moms and feminazis influence what character gets a spot in a Nintendo Fighting game? The game isn't exactly marketed to Soccer Moms you know. So who gives if a flying **** if their offended.

God Eater, launched on PSP, however, the only chance Alisa has (which is basically 0) is because she appears in a crossover fighting game on the 3DS. It's quite the popular series in Japan. It's like the LOLSODEEP and EDGY Monster Hunter. Not a bad game over all, I recommend it.

On the topic of Tekken, SC and Xenosaga. You need to remove that western Bias. Those series are the most widely recognized, but with these predictions I notice everyone makes strong claims without stopping to think of how strong or popular a series may be in the East. Being popular and reconizable in the West alone does not guarantee a spot, this goes for both, franchises and characters. In fact, if anything, I'd say Japan has a stronger voice than the West. So, if we look at it that way Xenosaga has a good a shot as the other two.

I agree on Pacman having the highest chance, although I'd rather not see him.

Anyone expecting Wreck-It-Ralph to influence any kind of executive decision needs to think again. We're talking about two different spheres that have little to do with the other outside of small cameos in an animated film. Apples and oranges.
THIS^^^

Glad to know at least a few people around here still have an ounce of common sense. A bland movie about video games that only children and losers are going to watch will not influence the chances of Smash Bros characters. The movie will come out, people will watch it, and forget about it. It's not a blockbuster, it's not anything big really. There have been plenty of other vidya movies before. SSB4 is still a couple years away at the least, so a Winter flop doesn't mean **** in the long run.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i do. i really do
Same. And it's not even that unlikely now.

What's hilarious about this is there's official Digimon Fighting Games, and Pokemon has yet to get one.

It's one of the top wanted crossovers, much like a good crossover was wanted for Mario & Sonic. The Olympic games are not bad or anything, and Brawl was considered a much better one for them(albeit it's not a direct crossover of those two series). People want a platformer with them, since that's their genre.

Digmon and Pokemon could easily be a crossover, mainly something similar to the whole Trainer/Tamer thing. I think the one thing making it hard is the whole evolution vs digivolution thing. Which is why them appearing in Smash together works better overall.

D

Deleted member

the fast and slow pace makes a difference for a crossover with them. in 3D Sonic games generally are about getting from point A and race to point B with very little stalling. While Mario games have a little more exploring to them and more puzzle solving. at most i can see them do the situation in the Crash and Spyro crossover where it's two seperate games but it utilizes both their worlds

and i agree with all you points about Street Fighter, those are the exact reasons why people should also stop suggesting Tekken cause they are even less interesting than Ryu. except that we really can't deny Street Fighter being Capcoms most successful series right now and Ryu is pretty much their new mascot.

@Golden
The reason why we'll never see a full crossover Mario & Sonic game is because I doubt Shiggy would allow it. Remember, Miyamotto lead the Mario teams for the core Mario games, and from what I hear he's hotheaded and hard to work with (very dictatorial), so Sonic Team would either have to follow suit and kiss ***, or just forget the whole idea.

As for Street Figher, why do people bring up Ryu, sure he's the lead, but Chun Li is equally if not MORE iconic than him. If anyone from SF has a solid shot it's her. Imo, the two Capcom characters with the highest chance are Megaman, and Chun Li. Not to mention Li is a very unique fighter as it stands. Bison's got a good shot as well.

@Manly: You are aware that there is a Digimon Smash clone, right?
It may be sort of on the bad side in comparison, but Agumon is clearly capable of working in a Smash environment.
Never heard of it, sorry.

Making the game means you can get special privileges. Please read my wording carefully.

I have been constantly saying "can" and "could" for a lot of reasons. It could happen.

What I mean is that there's so many third party slots. Namco-Bandai could have a character in without counting towards those specific ones. They're still third party, but they aren't in a race of "first come first serve" like others. It's simply a matter of asking.

I still see Pac-Man or a Digimon as the most likely choices for Namco-Bandai to get in, not necessarily what they'll suggest, and maybe they might have none, who knows. But it's still possible for them and 3 other third parties to get in.(and maybe a 4th 3rd party)

What makes you think Digimon has ANY chance?? I don't understand this logic at all, and you sure aren't bringing up good references to back up your case, this to me, just sounds like rampant fanboyism.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
How does the opinion of moms and feminazis influence what character gets a spot in a Nintendo Fighting game? The game isn't exactly marketed to Soccer Moms you know. So who gives if a flying **** if their offended.
well marketing cares, considering the game is mostly marketed towards children therefore parents need to buy it. certain franchises have sales that suffer due to the fact that they contain characters with questionable taste. it's not a fighting game in the sense that Tekken or Street Fighter are fighting games. it actually needs to be marketed towards soccer moms as well as children. thats marketing 101

and on the Ryu topic. who's the guy on the front of all but like one case. it's not Chun Li i'll tell you right now.

D

Deleted member

well marketing cares, considering the game is mostly marketed towards children therefore parents need to buy it. certain franchises have sales that suffer due to the fact that they contain characters with questionable taste. it's not a fighting game in the sense that Tekken or Street Fighter are fighting games. it actually needs to be marketed towards soccer moms as well as children. thats marketing 101
>marketing 101

You mean the same children that play Cowadooty and Halo? Forget it, those "more mature" games are geared and marketed for the same audiences. Have you SEEN the new Cortana? She went from mildly helpful AI chick, to full blown naked blue waifu. And most of the audience of Halo 4 was 12 year olds and Halo fanboys.

There is little Smash can do to "piss off" soccer moms compared to all the **** the "hardcore" developers get away with. As long as there is no Hot Coffee in Smash Bros. everything more or less goes. Also remember, we already got ZSuit Samus.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
those games aren't marketed towards children, they are marketed towards pre-teens at best. look we're getting off topic. i was just stating that because Pac-Man appeals to all audiences it makes him a better option for that fact. i can tell you right now that a character like Boyonetta's chances are hurt due to the fact that she's highly sexualized.

D

Deleted member

those games aren't marketed towards children, they are marketed towards teens at best. look we're getting off topic. i was just stating that because Pac-Man appeals to all audiences it makes him a better option for that fact. i can tell you right now that a character like Boyonetta's chances are hurt due to the fact that she's highly sexualized.
But, just because a character appeals to all audiences doesn't mean that they are a better choice nor does the opposite hurt their chances. Take Snake, ZSuit Samus, or the Fire Emblem Lords. I don't know why you think Smash is a children's game. Because it's not. It's a fighting game, and that alone makes it too violent for children. Sure, it's not as "mature" (and boy do I mean quotations on that) as Cowadooty or every other generic shooter in the market, but Smash is still aimed at the same general audience.

Bayo's got a good a chance as Snake and the like, especially if the sexuality is toned down some.

EDIT: Also, just because those games aren't DIRECTLY marketed at the younger audiences doesn't mean they don't play them. I mean after all, they are the largest demographic of those games, and the developers are aware of this and produce those games with that in mind.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Honestly speaking, I think a Tales character will surprise some people but wont bring in the hype when compared to someone like Snake or Sonic. I mean its that type of thing that may sound decent on paper but it reality people would be indifferent on the whole thing. It would lack the surprise factor that Snake had or the sheer popularity of Sonic. Not to mention Tales would kind of feel a little too generic considering we already have similar feeling franchises like Fire Emblem.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
those games aren't marketed towards children, they are marketed towards teens at best. look we're getting off topic. i was just stating that because Pac-Man appeals to all audiences it makes him a better option for that fact. i can tell you right now that a character like Boyonetta's chances are hurt due to the fact that she's highly sexualized.
I'd like to note SSB is still rated T for Teen now, but yes, I agree with this.

Outside of Snake, all the others are closer to E for Everyone characters.

I still think Lloyd fits despite this. Yoshimitsu is rather... silly, kind of like some awkward Pokemon Trainers(the NPC's) are. That's why I think he'd be a neat one too. Pac-Man, well, dur. Many Digimon fit beyond well.

The funny part about Agumon, is that there's tons of Wargreymon remakes(or similar versions), so each one could have a different costume as well. Let me rephrase;

Each Agumon costume goes into a different variation on Wargreymon for the final smash. There is no actual differences among the characters, just colors/designs of their attacks. Same hitboxes, etc.

Agumon > Wargreymon
Blackagumon > Blackwargreymon
Toyagumon > Emperorgreymon
Clearagumon > Gallantmon
Santaagumon > Shinegreymon
Yukiagumon > Victorygreymon.

And I'm sure others could work. The only one I'm not listing for sure is Chaosgreymon, because he looks almost exactly like Blackwargreymon.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

I still think Lloyd fits despite this. Yoshimitsu is rather... silly, kind of like some awkward Pokemon Trainers(the NPC's) are. That's why I think he'd be a neat one too. Pac-Man, well, dur. Many Digimon fit beyond well.

The funny part about Agumon, is that there's tons of Wargreymon remakes(or similar versions), so each one could have a different costume as well. Let me rephrase;

Each Agumon costume goes into a different variation on Wargreymon for the final smash. There is no actual differences among the characters, just colors/designs of their attacks. Same hitboxes, etc.

Agumon > Wargreymon
Clearagumon > Gallantmon

And I'm sure others could work. The only one I'm not listing for sure is Chaosgreymon, because he looks almost exactly like Blackwargreymon.
thank you. at least i know someone get's it. as for Agumon, idk i feel like thats a little harder to do. because u know like Wargreymon and Emperorgreymon do have different physical physical shapes to them and so on and so forth but i see what you are trying to say.

D

Deleted member

Agumon > Wargreymon
Clearagumon > Gallantmon

I'm not taking a single word you say seriously until you tell me WHY you think Digimon has any chance of getting in, instead of trying to hype up unreasonable Digimon characters that have ZERO chance of getting in. You wanna make a Digimon support thread? You're more than welcome to, but quit derailing the thread. I like Digimon too, but I think most of us agree their chances are practically none.

I still stand by the idea that a DigixPoke crossover game is a better idea. Same as a Pokemon Fighting game, but it seems Gamefreak is kinda lost on that one and Pokemon MMO. They sure drop the ball on the good ideas.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
thank you. at least i know someone get's it. as for Agumon, idk i feel like thats a little harder to do. because u know like Wargreymon and Emperorgreymon do have different physical physical shapes to them and so on and so forth but i see what you are trying to say.
They're hardly different, though.

They could fly equally, and easily attack in a similar way.

I think the most difficult part is the voice acting at best.

Because depending the case, it would be something like;

"Santaagumon, Double Warp digivolve to... Shinegreymon!"

But for other ones, there's...

"Agumon, Warp digivolve to... Wargreymon!"

Basically, I think it depends which one is done. I may have forget a few Agumons, though. Last notable version is Bushiagumon, which is based upon Bushido, and he has a cowlick. The last Greymon version is Zekegreymon, which is slightly more animal-like, but not much different from Wagreymon.

As for attacks, slinging a Terra Force can just have different animations and different attack names at best. Simple punches/kicks are unchanged. Regular slash? Just have the sword shorten during the attack.

I admit there's probably too much work for it to be worthwhile, and probably could just do Agumon/Blackagumon at best. Alternatively, he could only call out "Redagumon, digivolve to..." etc.

D

Deleted member

just as good as Bayonetta, and way more chance than Kos-Mos
>no subject
>no verb

I'm gonna assume your referring to Digimon with your lack of proper grammar. I mean Christ, it's a proper traditional forum, not a chat, not 4chan (which still encourages good grammar), and we're not texting, at least put some effort when you type.

Anyway, Digimon...

Nice supporting argument you have there to back up your claim. I've made my point several times on why KOS-MOS and Bayonetta have a decent chance, yet you delusional Digi-***s, simply offer counters and rebuttals with little to no supporting evidence. Hell, I'm not even asking for links and sources, just simple logical reasons. Therefore, I'm gonna assume I'm dealing with underage children and not bother debating with you two.

Also, wanna make a solid believable argument?
TAKE THIS

Good day to you, Sir.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I don't understand. do i fall on Contradiction or what. and wouldn't that put you on the one right below that because you are attacking my grammer more than anything else.
this is a worse response than mine. and i'll admit mine was bad. wow swearing in literally every post does not make you sound like the adult here. and honestly i could try to justify Digimon, but we are all well aware that it's improbable. and we're ok with that. it's called dreaming. sometimes that's better than talking in all seriousness about characters who have next to no shot with the only supporting evidence is that they had 1 mildly successful game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom