• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Before Melee. Fire Emblem was only Japan Exclusive and look what happened.
I wouldn't really compare some one-shot game like Captain Rainbow that didn't even do well in Japan (or any Japan exclusive one-shot that came out after Brawl) to a series like Fire Emblem, which in Japan at the time of Melee was already a very popular multi-game series that was already 3 gens old, with one of the more requested characters for Smash. Plus Marth and Roy were never meant to be released outside Japanese Melee anyway.

The only reason I think Captain Rainbow even has the tiniest chance (and it is minuscule) is that Sakurai has previously expressed some affinity for the character.

I agree with Golden in that no post-Brawl Japanese-only series has much of a chance at all for playable representation, and I definitely wouldn't put games like Captain Rainbow or Zangeki no Reginleiv in the same category as Fire Emblem.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Captain Rainbow seriously bombed in Japan and has now gained a moderate cult following, so the chances for it to be featured is quite minimal IMO. But I gotta give it the game's a pure definition of "hidden gem" as I've seen from the translated videos or reviews and is complete opposite to Smash Bros in almost every way, hahah.

D

Deleted member

I posted this a while back, but I never really got any feedback on it, so thoughts would be appreciated. This is what I personally think as the "eligible" reps for Smash 4, meaning that they're the ones that I think have a decent to likely chance of making playability. I DO NOT think all of them will be playable, but that only about 45-55 of the characters on this list will be. If anyone OUTSIDE of this list appears however, I will be genuinely surprised.

Under the jump are my actual predictions and reasoning.

[COLLAPSE="Prediction Roster Here"]

Mario Series: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Toad*
Zelda Series: Link, Impa* and Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Ghirahim
Pokemon Series: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario*, Zoroark
Kirby Series: Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede
Metroid Series: Samus/ZSS, Ridley
Starfox Series: Fox, Falco, Wolf
Donkey Kong Series: DK, Diddy, King K. Rool
Mario Spinoffs: Yoshi, Wario
F-Zero: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh
Mother: Ness, Lucas
Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike, Roy*, Chrom*
Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena
"Modern" Series: Olimar, Little Mac, Isaac*, Starfy*, Shulk*, Saki*
Retros: Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, Takamaru
Third Parties: Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man

Characters with an * are characters I'm more iffy on than others, with explanations below.

Toad: Never been too sold on him myself, but his popularity more than anything could give him the boost to get into Smash 4.

Impa: Arguably the most controversial character on my roster, I personally believe that Sheik has a good possibility of becoming Impa, but recent developments, such as the reveal of the Sheik costume in TTT2, have caused me to waver on this front.

Lucario: Lucario, in my opinion, is the most likely character to get dropped from Brawl to Smash 4. With heavy competition from Mewtwo and Zoroark, it would not surprise me if he was dropped. However, I feel the more likely scenario is that all three will make the cut.

Roy and Chrom: Ah, yes. The eternal debate: Roy or Chrom. While it's nice to finally have an official name for Chrom, and he does have the latest FE title to his name, a lack of individuality could do him in if Sakurai decides to only use his basic skillset. Meanwhile, Roy is easily the most popularly requested character to return after Mewtwo himself, which alone could bump him into the playable slot. However, Roy has lack of relevance to deal with, as a simple DLC packet I don't feel is quite enough to make Roy "current", something Chrom has over his competitor. However, as with Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark, I feel that having both is the most likely scenario, as four Fire Emblem characters is by no stretch undeserved, and Marth and Ike are going nowhere fast.

Isaac, Starfy, Saki, and Shulk: This is personally my most difficult call on the roster, as I feel that all four of these characters have a great shot at playability, but at the same time, I don't feel that all four will make it at the same time. When originally making this roster, I was not too convinced as to Saki's chances, hence why he's been left off this roster, but after hearing some more recent arguments towards his inclusion, I've become increasingly convinced that he also has a very good shot at obtaining an ever-elusive character slot. However, Saki has to contend with Isaac, Starfy, and Shulk for the spot as well, with Isaac coming off the popularity of Golden Sun, the relative recentness of Dark Dawn and his AT appearance, Starfy coming from possibly having been planned for Brawl and receiving a decently well performing internationally released game since Brawl, and with Shulk riding off of the popularity and exposure from Project Rainfall and having the benefit of being the most "modern" character in the section. As much as I'd love to see all four characters playable, I simply think that the roster is cramped enough as is, and that one or two will have to be cut, but doing so is ridiculously difficult. This is the one I'd prefer to have the most input on, if people do comment.

Overall, 53 slots, 57 characters total if Zelda/Impa, Samus/ZSS and PT's Pokemon are counted separately. Cutting Toad, Lucario, one of Roy and Chrom, and two of Isaac, Starfy, Shulk and Saki, this could be narrowed down to 49 slots and 53 characters. Both of these seem like doable numbers, and hopefully are decently agreed upon. Again, I'd love input, especially on the Saki/Starfy/Shulk/Isaac issue.[/COLLAPSE]
>Zoroark
>Mii
>Roy and Chrom but no Lyn
0/10 see me after class

I think that an Animal Crossing character is likely. With four games, it has more than most newer series. It had a stage in Brawl, where no other post-Melee series (except for Pikmin) didn't have one. Also, Sakurai stated that that they only two series that showed any sort of promise that debuted after Melee were Pikmin and Animal Crossing.
I think Sakurai openly stated the the Animal Crosser or any AC character would be difficult to implement. You people need to think of how a character would be able to fight (whether as a Joke character like Phoenix Wright in UMvC3, or not), after all, this IS a fighting game, not Mario Kart. Adding too many "silly" character simply out of nostalgia, or because its a popular franchise to the roster is all kinds of absurd. Plenty of other popular franchises can be represented through either stages, assist trophies, and bosses/cameos.

In fact, Assist Trophies were created to allow characters that were either too difficult to implement as a fighter (as was the case with Mr. Wright, Excite Bikers, Mr. Resetti, and Tingle), or characters that didn't quite have enough support to make the cut (Lyn, Waluigi, Isaac, Saki, etc...) a chance at being represented in Smash Bros. So why try and force quirky characters like that into the roster simply because they're popular? Assist trophy doesn't mean "2nd tier of representation," as in, less popular than the rest, it just means, "Ok, it's a popular franchise, but it's tough make them a plausible fighter for X number of reasons, so we make them an AT instead."

Example of possible Assist Trophies based on popular titles.

(Disregard Palutena as an Assist, when I made this, for some reason I thought she was an
AT, not Pit's Final Smash, and then I changed my mind and felt I'd rather see her as a playable character).

(Also, SMT and other IPs here are 3rd party if I'm not mistaken, so bear this an rough example/wishlist not as an actual prediction).

D

Deleted member

Please, please no Namco characters. If it ain't Pac-Man, it doesn't please me.

The discussion on third party characters is one that would take a good deal of energy and candor, but simply put third parties are something that Sakurai consistently tries to keep expectations low on, if for no other reason than just to keep people from getting too excited about a bunch of third parties.

With that being said: Layton. I'm not commenting on likelihood or anything else, but if I had to pick one out of preference, it'd be him. Perfect fit for a third party if you ask me.

In reference to Namco-Bandai's role in development, I think it's probably minimalish, as Tri-Hy said.
>Not wanting KOS-MOS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4CNimXZ-Lc&noredirect=1

Niwa What?

If there's a Devil Survivor assist trophy I want a playable Jack Frost. :bee:

:phone:
My idea was, they pop up and summon some popular Demon or something.

D

Deleted member

The only reason I think Captain Rainbow even has the tiniest chance (and it is minuscule) is that Sakurai has previously expressed some affinity for the character.
Hmm?
When was this?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Why would I not know what I said myself?

I'll explain it further...

With every new smash game, less popular characters make it into the the roster because there simply aren't enough big Nintendo characters to keep a roster of only "all-stars". SSB had the lead characters of the biggest Nintendo franchises, Melee added a lot of popular side characters of those franchises and added a few new ones from smaller franchises and Brawl brought some more smaller franchises and additional, less popular side characters from popular franchises.
They lower the standards of which character is famous enough to be in the game because the most popular Nintendo characters are already in the game. The most famous characters (on nintendo consoles) that they don't have yet are 3rd party ones.

The rest of what I said was more or less that they can use Smash to help launch a franchise or make it more popular like they did with Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus.

Anything left unclear?
Yes it's rather obvious that more recognized characters will get in first, but that's not a result of Sakurai's standards (the things he looks for in characters, aka the character criteria) lowering. The lesser known characters are still strong in their own way, there's not one character on the Brawl roster who didn't earn their spot as playable.

If his standards are lowering how come the character pool is drying up? If he's lowering his standards how come I can't play as Waluigi, Tingle, or Meowth? Why can't he add Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Dr. Robotnik? Why did he not add the Animal Crosser, Animal Crossing is a big series for Nintendo?

His standards have always been high and will remain that way. Adding lesser known and cult favorite series is a way to add diversity to the roster, to which he already has mentioned by saying he doesn't want the roster to be all Mario and Pokemon characters. Being lesser known doesn't mean a character is automatically weak. Though one must admit that Sakurai is fairly conservative when it comes to past rosters.

With 3rd parties that remains true as well, if not to an even larger extent. None of Namco's series outside of Pac Man really fit in or if not add anything to roster, nor would they build the same hype that Snake or Sonic could. Tekken and Soul are generic fighters, Tales Of already has competition with Zelda, FE, Golden Sun, and Xenoblade. Pac Man himself relies solely on his iconic status in the 80s, and arguably may not be a good fit for Smash (he already wasn't for SFxT). In addition so far none of the Namco interviews have sounded all that excited over adding one of their characters, and until the NB development reveal, neither (and arguably still) were most fans. In the end it's all up to Sakurai, based on what I've said, he would have to have the interest and at least partially lower is standards for character selection to get a Namco character in.

That said, I'm not laying down my Namco opinions down as fact. Pac Man and Tales could maybe fit in, while Tekken could pull a Snake and rely on the lighthearted aspects of the series. Either way the only fact I'm going to push is that his standards are as high as ever. Which is why he said the roster would be less of a focus this time around, and Namco having repeatedly stating that they're only there to be the base development team and to speed things up, Sakurai being the one who's in total control.

D

Deleted member

Everybody forgets that NB also owns Digimon.
Why people no want to see Pokemon vs. Digimon anymore? :(

It'd be just as epic as Mario vs. Sonic....

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

One of the few NB series that I'd be down with getting in. lol

EDIT: Just remembered that I'm currently using a Digimon avi. :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Digimon's still going strong. It's just that Xros Wars hasn't reached America yet (while Japan is on essentially Xros Wars 2).
I'm pretty sure that Xros Wars has finished in Japan, while it was announced that the series would be coming to the US next year. All I know is that I'm hoping that the Adventure 1 RPG for the PSP will be localized.

Anyway we should get back on topic.

D

Deleted member

I've always seen Digimon as much MUCH stronger than Pokemon, well back then at least, but with the new entries in Pokemon it's a bit of a tough call now. Also, I haven't kept up with Digimon since Frontier (S4), that was the last season I watched and plan on watching, every season after that got all kinds of ridiculous both in concept and character designs. The only promising thing about Xros or whatever is called are the cameos of the old heroes.

Speaking of Digimon, did anyone ever watch the movie "Summer Wars?" If you liked the Digimon movie (2nd part), then you'll like SW, it's made by the same director, and even the plot is somewhat similar.

Anyway, to answer your question, I'd rather see such a crossover as some sort of 3DS RPG/Fighter or something, not as an addition to Smash Bros. Smash isn't a wish fulfillment game, it's just a love letter from Ninty to the fans.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I saw Summer Wars. It took what was good about Our War Game and made it much better.

Diaboromon and Love Machine would be a deadly pair.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I actually saw Summer Wars the other week. Overall though, if it wasn't already obvious, I like Our War Game better, but mostly due to nostalgic value and the better action scenes.

Also so much for getting back on topic. lol

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
I've always seen Digimon as much MUCH stronger than Pokemon, well back then at least, but with the new entries in Pokemon it's a bit of a tough call now. Also, I haven't kept up with Digimon since Frontier (S4), that was the last season I watched and plan on watching, every season after that got all kinds of ridiculous both in concept and character designs. The only promising thing about Xros or whatever is called are the cameos of the old heroes.
As far as I know, Digimon never really got as popular in Europe as Pokémon did. It came out at the end of the pokémon madness but never really got that much traction and in the end it 'died' around the same time as pokémon itself.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I think a character like Agumon would be perfect in Smash, but yeah i just don't see it happening. though he is one of my top 10 third party choices

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, what's the last popular Digimon video game. Their anime was often popular as hell to an extent.

So I fear that the gameplay for them would suck if Namco-Bandai is doing it.

But realistically, I'd see them as a very viable choice(that is, any of them). Agumon is the easiest, since he has tons of versions. SantaAgumon, regular Agumon, Blackagumon, Toyagumon, Clearagumon, Snowagumon... yeah.

On another note, Tales of is the only one other than Pac-Man I see standing a decent chance right now. Tekken and Soul Calibur are good choices, but I feel the Tales of characters fit more in style. Especially from Symphonia.

Not to say none are bad choices, though.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's nice to see months later this group is still talking about Digimon. My thoughts on Namco characters still stand the same as they did months ago. Unless it's Pacman, just leave them be. Namco doesn't seem interested in pushing characters on Sakurai, and no one is really asking them to.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Digimon is a Bandai series, not a Namco series. They both have says in ideas.

I don't see Pac-Man being any better, really. Other than being a retro, he really has little on the other Namco/Bandai plausible choices.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Digimon is a Bandai series, not a Namco series. They both have says in ideas.

I don't see Pac-Man being any better, really. Other than being a retro, he really has little on the other Namco/Bandai plausible choices.
If Namco-Bandai is going to shove a character down the throats of Super Smash Bros. fans like myself, I'd rather the character be the one with history and pop culture appeal. That's all I'm saying.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd imagine that Pac-man would be a joke character, in a sense of being comedic not terrible. Almost like a cartoon character with a lot of hammer space and cartoon physics, with several moves being hilarious in execution.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Still don't see Pac-Man the best choice. None of that feels like a relevant reason if other characters who have easy moves to work with, and fit just as well if not better.

He's not a bad choice, but actual characters who directly fight without suits or whatever seems more likely at this point. Pac-Man doesn't fight outside of a non-Pac-Man game. Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tales of, Digimon... they all fight in their own series. I see them more likely choices because of specifically that one piece. Mainly the Animal Crossing not appearing reason.

Wreck-It Ralph may be the only thing that boosts Pac-Man if he's noteworthy in that movie, otherwise, there's better than him. Keep in mind he is a good choice, but I don't see him being that realistic of a pick like the other retros were.

D

Deleted member

I guess Pac-Man fighting in the Pac-Man World games don't count.

Unless rolling into enemies, butt stomping them, and eating them don't count as fighting, in which case, why the Hell do we have Yoshi?

D

Deleted member

I think a character like Agumon would be perfect in Smash, but yeah i just don't see it happening. though he is one of my top 10 third party choices
I personally can't see Agumon at all in Smash. He would be so awkward tbh. He was always so clunky in back in the anime and his only read offensive move was his "Pepper Breath." And yes I know he can learn other moves, but he just seems like such a slow and clunky dinosaur, his strong point is that he can Digivolve, but Metal/Greymon are both too big for Smash, and unlike Ridley, you can't cannonically resize them, and it's their size that's their defining trait, especially since they too are a bit clunky, and make up for it by being big. The only agile form of Agumon, is the Mega, Wargreymon, but once again, he's a bit awkward in Smash.

I just can't see Digimon as a guest character in a Nintendo fighting game. Like I said before, I'd much rather see Gamefreak and Bandai do a crossover of JUST Pokemon and Digimon. Crossovers are always cool.

To be fair, what's the last popular Digimon video game. Their anime was often popular as hell to an extent.

So I fear that the gameplay for them would suck if Namco-Bandai is doing it.

But realistically, I'd see them as a very viable choice(that is, any of them). Agumon is the easiest, since he has tons of versions. SantaAgumon, regular Agumon, Blackagumon, Toyagumon, Clearagumon, Snowagumon... yeah.

On another note, Tales of is the only one other than Pac-Man I see standing a decent chance right now. Tekken and Soul Calibur are good choices, but I feel the Tales of characters fit more in style. Especially from Symphonia.

Not to say none are bad choices, though.
Don't forget Xenosaga, personally I remain hopeful for Xenosaga, especially considering how many fighting games KOS-MOS has been in, and technically Xenosaga is like the new Fire Emblem, being very popular in Japan, but not too well known in the West. The only problem being that it's 3rd party, if it were a Nintendo IP, you can bet we'd see it in Smash, but... it's not, so we'll have to cross our fingers.

There's a term for that.
It's called "Fighting Clown".
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FightingClown
Don't we already have that in form of Game & Watch, and to an extent R.O.B.? It's a tough call, since Smash has a lot of oddballs in it, and what it actually lacks ironically is a TRUE "karateman" like the Ryu, that most fighting games have. That's why Pacman works so well in SFxTekken, because in that more serious universe, he's a fresh and unique idea, but in Smash, he fits a bit too well with the rest of the cast to really stand out. Aside, from the nostalgia factor he really doesn't have much else going for him.

From your page:
If a game runs on Rule Of Cool, this guy runs on Rule of Funny.
Essentially it's Jackie Chan's "Drunken Master" in a Bruce Lee MA Universe. It's the wacky to the serious, but like I said, this doesn't work in Smash, as Smash is nothing but Wacky, the contrast is really the opposite, bring serious Characters like Snake and FE lords to contrast that.

Once again from your page:
Super Smash Bros may have several, but Wario and Mr. Game & Watch especially

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Pac-man struggling to stand out is one reason why I'd want to see something out of Tekken, though personally I'm not entirely enthusiastic about anything from Namco.

D

Deleted member

Pac-man struggling to stand out is one reason why I'd want to see something out of Tekken, though personally I'm not entirely enthusiastic about anything from Namco.
If Tekken is anything like SC as far as character variety goes, then nothing in them really stands out for me out of either one. I cringe every time I read on IGN or something that they want to see Ivy in SSB4. Ivy in Smash would be the worst thing ever, or any SC character to be honest. Tekken strikes me the same way really. I haven't played the series yet, but I can draw some conclusions from what I've seen. Street Fighter lends itself a bit better with personalities like M.Bison, Chun Li, and Blanka.

Like I said earlier, the only Namco character I'd really like to see, would be from Xenosaga or God Eater.

Tales would be ok, but I'm not excited about it.

Anything else is a big "no," and would be better off with an empty slot for another 3rd party character.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Xenosaga seems very unlikely as the demand for anything from them is low. and as far as God Eater is concerned, I've never heard of it so im just googling it now, that looks like a series known on Playstation systems so thats very unlikely if not impossible.

Tekken and Soul Calibur at least have some things that work in their favor. everyone knows about these series. Even if a person hasn't played them, even a casual gamer has at least heard of these games and can recognize a few of the characters.

My problem with those two series is that they are better known on Xbox and Playstation games. though they have been Nintendo platforms before, they are just better known on different platforms.

Pac-Man may be boring but you can't deny that he is an icon, he's highly recognizable, his appearence doesn't offend anyone (i.e moms, women etc), he does have enough skills to make a very balanced moveset, has had a stronger relationship with Nintendo than most of these other series suggested, and he fits in better than most the other characters.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
>Zoroark
>Mii
>Roy and Chrom but no Lyn
0/10 see me after class
You do realize that that's not my prediction roster right? Those are characters I legitimately think have a good shot at getting in, based more on likelihood than actual want, hence why characters like Mii and Dixie Kong are on there. My actual roster is underneath, in the dropdown box. And with regards to Zoroark and Lyn, Zoroark makes the roster due to being the most likely new Pokemon character, and Lyn doesn't make the roster due to her being old hat compared to Chrom and Roy, both of whom overshadow her in popularity, support, and importance. Sure, she may have been an Assist Trophy in Brawl, but I feel pretty confident in saying that she's not being promoted from that position any time soon. However, she IS probably the next character in line after Roy and Chrom, but unless Sakurai decides to really go out on a limb and give us 5 FE characters, it's not gonna happen. 4 FE characters is pushing the limit as is.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
...and Lyn doesn't make the roster due to her being old hat compared to Chrom and Roy, both of whom overshadow her in popularity, support, and importance. Sure, she may have been an Assist Trophy in Brawl, but I feel pretty confident in saying that she's not being promoted from that position any time soon. However, she IS probably the next character in line after Roy and Chrom, but unless Sakurai decides to really go out on a limb and give us 5 FE characters, it's not gonna happen. 4 FE characters is pushing the limit as is.
I wouldn't say 4 FE characters is really pushing the limit. FE is one of Nintendo's longest running franchises, and(in Japan at least) one of its most popular. That said, yeah, I don't think Lyn has very much going for her. But neither does Chrom, really.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Also gonna hop into the Pac-Man discussion real quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ystbLmSzsg

Watch this link and some of the related videos and tell me again that Pac-Man can't fight or wouldn't be interesting. Although Pac-Man World 3 isn't the best of games, it's fairly decent and it gives Pac-Man FANTASTIC and unique moveset potential. Powerups and abilities from this game and others could easily give Pac-Man a moveset that would "stand out". Creating exploding energy loops, shooting lightning bolts from his hands, creating butt-stomp shockwaves, following Pac-Dot chains for his recovery, or even hopping into a giant mech for his Final Smash. Pac-Man's moveset, if he were to be added, would be ANYTHING but boring.

Edit: By pushing the limit, I meant that 4 FE characters is the limit of what I think we'll be seeing in Smash 4.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
well boring by comparison to other Namco choices. i don't think he would do things like shoot lightning from his hands, but i agree he would stand out. i mean hey Mario is pretty boring to me, but he's still a well rounded and good character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I dunno how Wreck-It Ralph is supposed to affect Smash or Pac-Man's chances, anyway

:phone:
If he's notable in that movie, people will actually think he could be a worthy candidate compared to other characters who fight far more often. Basically, his bipedal version(without the suit) can do stuff. We see almost nothing with his old ball version, which is what'll appearing in the movie. If his ball version can be noteworthy in there, that should really boost up people's thoughts about him. Or have a legitimate chance to.

And there was a Pac-Man World 3? I thought it ended at 2.

I take back that statement, then, but I don't much see him as a fighter, personally-wise all that much.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i don't think that movie will influence Sakurai's opinion of really any of the characters who make appearences into Smash.
I don't see how it wouldn't make him slight more noticeable. And there's the factor of players wanting him more due to the movie.

Yes, it'll have some influence overall. A lot, a small amount, that part is not for sure.

But a popular video game movie, where Bowser, Eggman, Wreck-It-Ralph, and the Pac-Man Ghosts show up... I don't see why some of those series shown won't be acknowledged a bit.

Likewise, this is probably the only reason Namco would push for Pac-Man out of all their other great choices. Bandai is another story, but they have little beyond Digimon to directly offer, atleast that fits, although I'm sure they have more, that's applicable.(one can even argue since they're directly working on the game, they don't have to follow the third party rules, and may actually be treated as a second party, which means "they just need to appear in a video game") Realistically, no, I don't see anything beyond video game characters(as in they start as one) as having a chance anyway.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
yeah cause Pac-Man didn't have so much working for him before this movie. you know that movie also features Q*bert, Street Fighter characters, Ninja Gaiden and i could honestly go on.

Pac-Man doesn't even play that large a role in Wreck It Ralph and it's not like he got any more notice than anyone else. if anything based off that movie we should expect a Street Fighter rep because they got the most cameos and speaking parts in that movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom