• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ghosts seem to have the monopoly on moves with the name shadow. Dark type did seem to concentrate on being underhanded and sneaky.

I say Pokemon should have the type poison evolve to Radioactive Type which would be effective against Grass, Water, and Fighting.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I hope to God IS looks at FE13 and says "Hey, they really like our changes to the battle system." Rather than "Fan service is great!"

Everyone. Boycott bonds DLC. please.

and now you don't have to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mzKaOs8Dfk
pretty obscure.
Nothing wrong with a little fanservice. But yeah, I'd really want IS to keep the quality of their gameplay up. I didn't expect to enjoy Awakening so much.

D

Deleted member

I went to see pictures of Tharja and the amount of fanservice that comes out of her game is just... wow, Intelligent System is overdoing this (especially the Beach DLC).
Its stuff like that I have little hope for the next FE game. Its very creepy that IS now actively catering to the otaku market.
What about the gameplay? What were your thoughts on it?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I went to see pictures of Tharja and the amount of fanservice that comes out of her game is just... wow, Intelligent System is overdoing this (especially the Beach DLC).What about the gameplay? What were your thoughts on it?
As someone who's pretty much a newbie to Fire Emblem, I absolutely love it.

D

Deleted member

As someone who's pretty much a newbie to Fire Emblem, I absolutely love it.
I really should get into the Fire Emblem franchise eventually. I plan on starting out with the Super Famicom titles (FE3 and FE4) and working my way with other titles. I may get FE13, but not anytime soon.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Thought this was a Smash thread. Also FE13 was good as a whole, so meh.

Not worried about FE14, Priam will be in a leading role, so it's all good. :cool: :troll:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Idk if anyone one saw this but:
How likely do you guys see 1v1 online/local matches in Fire Emblem happening?

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Idk if anyone one saw this but:
How likely do you guys see 1v1 online/local matches in Fire Emblem happening?
They had something like that in shadow dragon.

Personally I think if IS took the time to play around with new ideas in muliplayer something good could arise.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sounds stupid considering the game isn't built around for something like that. While for a fighting game it works, for a tactical role playing game it's simply dumb.
So taking turns in a chess like manner against opponents with their units sounds stupid??
Idk bruh, I'm going to have to disagree. The game is already set up in a turn-based manner which is perfect for 1v1 play. At that point it would be testing players tactical abilities against real people instead of AI. I mean it has been done before on Pokemon. Care to explain how it is stupid?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Except one unit vs. one unit? Seriously? At least use six or something.
When I said 1v1, I meant 1 player and his team (players could specify the army squad) versus another player and his team. Sorry I thought that was clear. My bad.

They had something like that in shadow dragon.

Personally I think if IS took the time to play around with new ideas in muliplayer something good could arise.
I honestly thought this feature was going to be in Awakening, but it turns out all the interaction was handled through spot pass. But yeah i agree it does have potential.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So taking turns in a chess like manner against opponents with their units sounds stupid??
Idk bruh, I'm going to have to disagree. The game is already set up in a turn-based manner which is perfect for 1v1 play. At that point it would be testing players tactical abilities against real people instead of AI. I mean it has been done before on Pokemon. Care to explain how it is stupid?
Because you can tell that Fire Emblem was designed as a single player game. The upgradable weapons, class switching, Donnel, etc. tell you that it was never meant to be multiplayer.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I think in order for a FE multiplayer to work they should have a player outfitted with the typical enemy army (adjusted to match stat-wise) and the other player outfitted with their single player army. Have an objective like defend the throne or all units must survive.

I think it would be fun being able to dispose of the red units so easily in order to win.

Edit: This map on fog of war would be excellent for defend the throne.
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Last_Hope

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Because you can tell that Fire Emblem was designed as a single player game. The upgradable weapons, class switching, Donnel, etc. tell you that it was never meant to be multiplayer.
To fix problems like these players:
A) Can be given generic soldier classes to choose from in their army, and not the iconic characters from the main story.
B) Match making system can be implemented so that players can play against other players whose army is around his/her army's level.

Upgrading and class switching then wouldn't be an issue. I mean when compared to a game like Pokemon, Eevee having the ability to branch off into multiple types doesn't break the game, So i don't see how class switching would either.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well that's all personal, some people might find it refreshing to play against real people, and some are content with just the single player.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
FFTA is awful, awful, AWFUL, especially in comparison to FE. I liked your post because I saw irony in it and found that amusing.

Smooth Criminal
No way!!!!
I loved FFTA, it was one of my favorite childhood games. :)
Also in a rather embarrasssing story, I once owned a copy of FFTA2. I brought it with me on a trip to Cuba, and left it there.
I sure hope that whoever found it finished my file for me; I was on the last boss. :(

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Fire Emblem's structure is very similar to Pokemon in the sense that player A make his/her move player B makes his/her move. Rinse&Repeat until one is defeated.

If you find that structure boring to you, then that leads me to assume that you don't find Pokemon's multilayer compelling either; and that game's multilayer works just fine and it has a very active online scene. So I can see the potential, it just may turn out that it's not a mode that appeals you. Nothing wrong with that.But don't just dismiss something just because you can't see the potential.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
@colder I like the fact the range guys actually have range, whereas in fire emblem it seams as if they can only shoot ten feet away, (my only complaint about fire emblem)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Keep FE as a single player game.

About FE13's fanservice... I wasn't too worried until I saw this...

This is when we start to worry.... At least they only did this for one character (who was obviously sexualized from the start) as far as I'm aware. If IS starts doing this for other characters, then I will REALLY start worrying as it signifies that the whole series is turning into an ecchi waifu fest.

Also I missed the Mulan singalong... I am heartbroken....

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
And the thread returns to Fire Emblem once more.

Personally, I love the mechanics introduced in Awakening. I think a multiplayer could work; but I don't support it. If anything, Pokemon and Metroid should have multiplayer.
As for reps, Marth, Ike, Chrom/Lucina for me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You should now by now this is the real FE thread. It's just in disguise. ;)

Luckily we're on topic quite often. :glare:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dude whatever FE game had Lyn Hector and Eliwood had multiplayer and it was actually hella fun.
Wait....

FE already had multiplayer?

Why are we talking about this again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom