• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
To add onto that, Samus, Marth, Link, Roy, Kirby, Medusa, Peach, and Bayonetta.

I'm not ****ting you about the Bayonetta thing by the way.
That sounds like a spider relationship if you know what I mean.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
We all know who's Pit's true love interest though:

Going through the effort to learn to read to have a date, it really means something!

I find it funny on how Pit is a shipped with everybody, when you consider that he's based on Cupid, the Roman God of Love.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
hurr durr Martha x Roy 4 evaaaaaaaar!!11!

Yeah, the Super Smash fandom can get a little ridiculous at times...But really, it's not like I'm a shipper or anything...Y-you won't be seeing me support Marth x Roy. Nope, n-never...Uh, this is so off topic.

I'll be honest. ;_; The only one I support is Snake x Samus. The Codecs, quite funny.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I always like Snake x Samus. They should've interacted with each other in the SSE.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I find it funny on how Pit is a shipped with everybody, when you consider that he's based on Cupid, the Roman God of Love.
Considering the context of Greek mythology the Kid Icarus series uses, Eros the Greek God of Love would make more sense.

Your obviously not a fan of Kid Icarus games. Probably only played the new one

He kissed her in the 100% ending of the first game
Non-canon. Besides, you don't see them actually kissing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only ship I support too: Samus x Snake. Kickass couple.

Why the hell was the image removed from my previous post? >:[

@Habanero: yeah, but Pit's name comes from Cupid (Kyupitto in Japanese).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Considering the context of Greek mythology the Kid Icarus series uses, Eros the Greek God of Love would make more sense.

Non-canon. Besides, you don't see them actually kissing.
That's like saying the 100% ending of metroid is not canon and Samus isn't a girl

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Snake and Samus is the only one that seems possible. I'd imagine an interaction between the two would have been hilarious.

Pit is probably shipped with everyone because he is seen as a good 'uke' (? Don't really know anime terms, might be wrong here) and apparently ukes are usually very popular. Don't know why though.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yay, I'm not the only one that likes Snake x Samus. I'd love to see more interactions with them as well. Maybe something more comical.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That's like saying the 100% ending of metroid is not canon and Samus isn't a girl
Except that was canon.

The 100% ending in Kid Icarus is considered non-canon because Pit is not an adult in Kid Icarus: Uprising (and to a lesser extent the non-canon Kid Icarus: Of Myth and Monsters). It was also only in the international releases, replacing the worse ending of Palutena turning Pit into a Specknose from the Famicom Disk System version.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about Shipping MLP with Smash Bros?

Pit and Rainbow Dash

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Except that was canon.

The 100% ending in Kid Icarus is considered non-canon because Pit is not an adult in Kid Icarus: Uprising (and to a lesser extent the non-canon Kid Icarus: Of Myth and Monsters). It was also only in the international releases, replacing the worse ending of Palutena turning Pit into a Specknose from the Famicom Disk System version.
Considering kid icarus had more games internationally than Japan, I'm not sure why the Japanese game is more canon

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You're lucky I'm from that country solely bordered by the country where you are, Manly, otherwise, I wouldn't have understood a word of what you said.

And my, what a nice off-topic dicussion we're having here.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
And that's why I'm an English teacher and not a Spanish teacher, I'm a disgrace to my culture.
I'd figure you were an English teacher because everyone in Spain (except for isolationists in the Basque country and Catalonia) knows Spanish already but not English.
From SSB sitcoms, to shipping, to Mexican food... as if things couldn't be any crazier.
This thread is relatively tame and centered when compared to other general/social threads on the Brawl, Melee and Hangout boards.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Spanish person makes a mistake in writing Spanish... that picture is fitting, indeed. Reminds me of the countless spelling errors I also see with the Portuguese language... oh boy, now I am getting that Grammar Nazi vibe inside of me...

@~automatic: well, that's kind of a relief... I guess. But the news drought isn't helping to avoid these situations at all...

And yeah, Spanish people are somehow known for only knowing their language. Though, this isn't to be taken as a generalization.

The irony is that most Spanish people that come here to Portugal almost always speak Spanish to us, but most Portuguese people understand Spanish enough to not mind that and even speak Spanish when going to the other side of the border.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Horsetail gets it. This is just the calm before the storm, indeed...

After E3, woe will betide us as the people from GFAQs and trolls will invade these boards for a while.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Okay...

To get this topic back on-topic, I will answer some questions people had earlier (though no directed earlier).

I believe Shortie asked where Midna's popularity compared to Ghirahim's now.

Back during pre-Brawl, Twilight Princess was a far, far bigger profile release than Skyward Sword. The only place where Skyward Sword did not bomb upon being its initial month of release was North America (but even there the sales were a massive decline compared to TP's sales). As such, there are less people who know who Ghirahim is than Midna.

However, although Midna's game was received very well, there was a lot of people who had animosity toward her and wanted another Zelda character in (namely Wind Waker Link or Vaati). There was a minority of people that wanted Tingle. SmashChu cited Skull Kid as someone who was popularly requested during pre-Brawl, but while I did see mentions every now and then, his heyday was back during pre-MeleeYou also had a few people asking for Zant.

Of those fanbases, Midna definitely had the largest and most vocal fanbase.

Right now, the only Zelda character with a large fanbase is Ghirahim. I am really surprised how big his fanbase is considering the reception Skyward Sword got.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Right now, the only Zelda character with a large fanbase is Ghirahim. I am really surprised how big his fanbase is considering the reception Skyward Sword got.
People just like how creepy and flamboyant he is. For some reason a lot of characters in a similar vein get some sort of cult status, for better or for worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom