• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What happened with Skyrim?
Skyrim? That game is downright boring without the mods. The quests are too easy and simple, the dialogue options are lacking, the content too simple to acquire and rather lacking. The immersion factor inexistant. The AI on Dragons and even normal enemies is downright ********. Also, you can just blast from quest to quest without ever bothering to stop at towns to resupply or talk to other if you wanted. Furthermore, there's no need to even talk to them as few offer anything interesting to say in the first place. Also, the setting of Skyrim itself, with everything in ruins can be depressing at times. And don't even get me started on those ugly *** character models in Vanilla Skyrim. Lastly, the land of Skyrim itself can be huge, but it is rather baren and uninteresting to explore.

With mods, this is all fixed.
>more dialogue and NPCs are added to the game.
>The glitches are fixed
>AI is buffed making opponents more difficult
>Immersion factors are added such as Realistic needs which make your character go hungry, thirsty and tired. As well as Frostfall which forces you to adapt to the weather conditions or else face death or hypothermia. And MUCH MUCH more.
>Difficulty is spiked to an appropriate level.
>More quests are added which rival any DLC Bethesda themselves have ever added, such as Moonpath to Elsyre.
>More armours and weapons are added, granted some break the lore and others are downright skimpy
>Companions are fixed and revamped, as well as you can have more very cool and unique companions such as Hoth and the like.
>Character models are upgraded to look more real and attractive, from bodies to faces, so yes, you can play as a cute girl if you like.
>Graphics are enhanced making the land of Skyrim more beautiful.
>More spells for mages
>more combat options
>more perks and paths
>more realism
>More dungeons to explore
>More things to do
>houses
>more enemies
>and MUCH MUCH more
etc...

I could go on and on about what mods do to Skyrim as a game, but you're better off checking out the Nexus yourself and watching videos on Skyrim mods to just see the amount of content Mods give to Skyrim. It's unreal.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm just saying, part of the reason fans can improve upon it is because they don't have the same kind of stress and time restraints to deal with.

Plus they have a more solid basis for improvement

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Skyrim? That game is downright boring without the mods. The quests are too easy and simple, the dialogue options are lacking, the content too simple to acquire and rather lacking. The immersion factor inexistant. The AI on Dragons and even normal enemies is downright ********. Also, you can just blast from quest to quest without ever bothering to stop at towns to resupply or talk to other if you wanted. Furthermore, there's no need to even talk to them as few offer anything interesting to say in the first place. Also, the setting of Skyrim itself, with everything in ruins can be depressing at times. And don't even get me started on those ugly *** character models in Vanilla Skyrim. Lastly, the land of Skyrim itself can be huge, but it is rather baren and uninteresting to explore.

With mods, this is all fixed.
>more dialogue and NPCs are added to the game.
>The glitches are fixed
>AI is buffed making opponents more difficult
>Immersion factors are added such as Realistic needs which make your character go hungry, thirsty and tired. As well as Frostfall which forces you to adapt to the weather conditions or else face death or hypothermia. And MUCH MUCH more.
>Difficulty is spiked to an appropriate level.
>More quests are added which rival any DLC Bethesda themselves have ever added, such as Moonpath to Elsyre.
>More armours and weapons are added, granted some break the lore and others are downright skimpy
>Companions are fixed and revamped, as well as you can have more very cool and unique companions such as Hoth and the like.
>Character models are upgraded to look more real and attractive, from bodies to faces, so yes, you can play as a cute girl if you like.
>Graphics are enhanced making the land of Skyrim more beautiful.
>More spells for mages
>more combat options
>more perks and paths
>more realism
>More dungeons to explore
>More things to do
>houses
>more enemies
>and MUCH MUCH more
etc...

I could go on and on about what mods do to Skyrim as a game, but you're better off checking out the Nexus yourself and watching videos on Skyrim mods to just see the amount of content Mods give to Skyrim. It's unreal.
I just have to say, Hoth is awesome, and my orange-haired mage with access to a battlemage axe says hey.

Skyrim mods are awesome, but anyways, back to topic... what is the topic?

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I just have to say, Hoth is awesome, and my orange-haired mage with access to a battlemage axe says hey.

Skyrim mods are awesome, but anyways, back to topic... what is the topic?

Project M, Zelda characters in Smash 4, and revamping old characters and how.

I can go for Zelda being split from Sheik tbh. I'd much rather have her specialize on being a ranged character, as getting her to work with Sheik properly is a whole different thing than balancing her. Also, Smash lacks good Zoners.

Diddy mentioned something about having Impa, as her shadow like Eddie in GG, but I'm baffled on how to make this work, as well lack the buttons for it. Smash has a limited amount of commands, unless we find a way around this to stretch the number of moves considerably, there's no way to do that.

Any ideas?

Removing Sheik free's up Zelda's v+B, which can go to Nayru's Love, freeing up her versatile B.

Also, Light Arrows on Zelda could be neat. I was thinking something like Ky's Stun Edge, where there's a bit of delay when Firing them, but they Auto-Fire, giving her more range options to complement her Steiner-Like Din's Fire.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Dixie and Kiddy duo team :glare:
Just give me K. Rool and I'm happy. Better yet, Dixie alone.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well I would talk about Impa, but I'm not exactly the type of guy that spews crap just for the sake of spewing crap. I may be a miserable little prick, but even I have standards to follow.

I would rather talk about Takamaru, but of course nothing interesting comes out of that.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Honestly guys, making DK, Diddy, and Dixe play solo wouldn't do the series justice.

Thats Like Olimar having no plucking pikmin mechanic to call back to his games.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly guys, making DK, Diddy, and Dixe play solo wouldn't do the series justice.

Thats Like Olimar having no plucking pikmin mechanic to call back to his games

It seems to work just fine with two of them. How could it not work with three?

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
don't people (unjustly) hate kiddy kong

anyways, i'm playing through pkmn emerald, and pokemon really needs it's own fighter (i'm thinking arcade fighter)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Thats Like Olimar having no plucking pikmin mechanic to call back to his games

Olimar & Pikmin isn't exactly a tag team. The pikmin don't do anything on their own, other than following Olimar.

As for IC-like tag teams, Sakurai had said that they found it difficult to program Dixie Diddy duo. Anyways, one is enough.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
don't people (unjustly) hate kiddy kong

anyways, i'm playing through pkmn emerald, and pokemon really needs it's own fighter (i'm thinking arcade fighter)
True. Although he does look a bit derpy.

Give Pokemon Type Wild a shot. It's exactly what you're looking for.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It seems to work just fine with two of them. How could it not work with three?
Like I already said having all three protagonists solo(including Diddy and Dixie characters who debuted as Tag Team buddies), isn't doing the series that is based off of tag team 2D side scrolling any justice. It's like Pokémon Trainer having no pokemon switching mechanic to call back to the party mechanic from the Pokémon games.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Why would Dixie Kong get in over K. Rool anyway?

I wouldn't want to see Dixie tbh, but kiddy would be cool. K. Rool is still my main choice.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Olimar & Pikmin isn't exactly a tag team. The pikmin don't do anything on their own, other than following Olimar.

As for IC-like tag teams, Sakurai had said that they found it difficult to program Dixie Diddy duo. Anyways, one is enough.
I wasn't implying that Olimar and Pikmin is a Tag Team. I was using the plucking mechanic that Olimar has as an example of characters that have mechanics based on their series.

I'm sure most things are difficult when you have deadlines to meet for your boss.

@TheCreator I'm not saying I would want Dixe&kiddy over King K. Rool. Im would only like D&K Kong Dou if Dixie was ever considered as a possible entry.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think Olimar's plucking ability needs to be changed for the next game. I'd like it where the plucking of which Pikmin is deliberate as oppossed to random.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Everyone would be picking the purple one then. Or maybe the rock one if it appears.

Then balance out the Pikmin and their properties then. One idea I had was that certain parts of the stage would be where you pluck specific Pikmin of a certain color.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think most Kong fans (for Diddy and Dixie...and even Kiddy, if they exist) want their characters in solo because they want them to be defined by their individual personalities, and not by a gimmick that they only ever used in single games.

At least for me, the thought of the announcer calling out "Diddy and Dixie!" or "Dixie and Kiddy!" is just nauseating.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That would make Olimar a bit broken, That is the equivalent of having DeDeDe throw nothing but Gordos from a certain platform/area.

But either way If Olimar can fight in a way that harkens back to his series mechanics. ids why at least 1 of the Kongs can't do that for the DKC series

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Brawl kind of did the stage influencing the Pikmin type thing. For example, if you use Pikmin Pluck over water the chances of getting Blue Pikmin increases, while using Pikmin Pluck over metal would increase the odds of getting Yellow Pikmin.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Having a Kong duo is entirely different than those two examples. Olimar is defined through his relationship to the Pikmin (it's the title of his source material), as is the Pokemon Trainer to his Pokemon. Diddy and Dixie have each starred in games entirely independently from each other, especially in the former's case with Diddy Kong Racing. It's a big sacrifice of each Kong's individuality for the payoff of an extremely overrated mechanic (in my opinion).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think most Kong fans (for Diddy and Dixie...and even Kiddy, if they exist) want their characters in solo because they want them to be defined by their individual personalities, and not by a gimmick that they only ever used in single games.

At least for me, the thought of the announcer calling out "Diddy and Dixie!" or "Dixie and Kiddy!" is just nauseating.

Personalities don't have to be sacrifced if characers are paired up; and when you think about it gimmicks/playstyle are what set characters apart from each other.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That would make Olimar a bit broken, That is the equivalent of having DeDeDe throw nothing but Gordos from a certain platform/area.

But either way If Olimar can fight in a way that harkens back to his series mechanics. ids why at least 1 of the Kongs can't do that for the DKC series

Again, that's why you need to rebalance with that in mind. Things like no longer making yellow Pikmin invincible to electric attacks would have to be replaced with an elemental resistance or possibly be removed entirely for the sake of balance. The idea I had in mind, to accomodate for this whole thing, is to give Olimar some very good mobility options for getting around the stage.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Again, that's why you need to rebalance with that in mind. Things like no longer making yellow Pikmin invincible to electric attacks would have to be replaced with an elemental resistance or possibly be removed entirely for the sake of balance.
Uniqueness>Balance, because uniqueness leads to (arguably) more fun.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Balance should be a top priority no matter what is thrown out, for it leads to a more enjoyable experience for everyone. Being unique should be considered more of a bonus then anything.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Balance should be a top priority no matter what is thrown out, for it leads to a more enjoyable experience for everyone. Being unique should be considered more of a bonus then anything.
In that case, make every fighter the exact same

You'd have 100% balance

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Having a roster of unique characters while still being balanced is what makes a good fighting game. No one would find Street fighter so apealing if everyone played exactly like Ryu.

peeup

Smash Lord

This. This. This so much.

Smash is NOT a competitive game at heart, it is a FUN game at heart. It's the kind of game you pick up with your friends and play as your favorite character, or the one with the most fun playstyle.

Yes. Balance is important. But honestly, I'd rather Smash 4 have a wickedly overpowered tier of like 3 or 4 and then a big cast of fun and diverse characters.

Plus its way more fun to play low tier characters anyway.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Balance is the top priority. You can have a cast of snow flakes, but it will not be that fun if the entire roster is so unbalanced.

Ideally, you want a unique and balanced roster. Changing Olimar's plucking mechanics would not take away his uniqueness. Likewise, taking away Zelda's transformation wouldn't make her any less unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom