• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPW

Smash Ace
And nothing is more generic than that one voice on Family Guy. You know the one. You hear it at least once every episode. Heck, I think it's meant to be that way.
Did you know on The Simpsons there is this guy that voices Homer and Grandpa Simpson. He also voices 20 other characters i can't be bothered saying right now. How's that for Generic? But guess it's what animation is all about. Why waste potential on one character when you could be responsible for 50 or even 100. THat paycheck is looking better huh?

D

Deleted member

Ironic to see a little talk of the much wished Nintendo vs Capcom dream-game, after just witnessing the battle of all battles. :awesome:

edit: I call that karma. ^^
Superman vs. Goku

I'll have to post my two cents on that later.

Also like no matter how Diverse they become having
Marth
2 more fire emblem reps
2 links
Takamaru

Ontop of Lyn/lloyd will be way too many sword chars seeing how long it takes new chars i doubt they will all be that different between each over.. which is what the whole point is..

But yh whatever happens happens...

not against anyone just stating a point.

:phone:
There are plenty of fighting games that are nothing BUT sword users and still manage to be plenty diverse.

That Vegeta Prank call was brilliant btw, I loved it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Did you know on The Simpsons there is this guy that voices Homer and Grandpa Simpson. He also voices 20 other characters i can't be bothered saying right now. How's that for Generic? But guess it's what animation is all about. Why waste potential on one character when you could be responsible for 50 or even 100. THat paycheck is looking better huh?
Voicing several characters is not generic. That voice in Family Guy, I'm pretty sure, is supposed to be generic. It's the sound of the voice, not the fact that someone voices several characters. Otherwise, actors like Frank Welker and Dee Bradley Baker would be considered generic simply because their resume in certain shows is really high. We could include Billy West since he voiced at least six different characters on Futurama.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I dunno why, but I've always found the whole Superman vs. Goku phenomenon sort of... I dunno... meh. Maybe because it's been basically said the Goku was specifically created as basically a mash-up between Superman and Sun Wukong.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Also like no matter how Diverse they become having
Marth
2 more fire emblem reps
2 links
Takamaru

Ontop of Lyn/lloyd will be way too many sword chars seeing how long it takes new chars i doubt they will all be that different between each over.. which is what the whole point is..

But yh whatever happens happens...

not against anyone just stating a point.

I would like more diversity among sword fighters in SSB4 than in Melee and Brawl.

Melee: Link, Young Link (clone), Marth, Roy (clone)
Brawl: Link, Toon Link (clone), Marth, Ike, Meta Knight

For SSB4, I think the first sword fighters added would most likely be Link, Marth, Meta Knight, Chrom, Takamaru, and Shulk. If Sakurai needs to add more characters to buff the roster on a short notice, he might add Ike, Toon Link, and Roy later on.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
As more and more Tales fans realize that the series is without a main character and that none of them are known outside of their small fanbase, the more they realize that Pac-Man, the most recognizable video game character outside of Nintendo, is the superior choice for Smash Bros.

He wants to talk with you.

(But to be honest, I still find Pac-Man boring or unexciting as a character: Is he just wanted because mascot/fame/relevancy status he has? Rest of him again just tells "average" or hell, "bland" to me, really.
You can argue with the fact that Tales Of (or Tekken) might never hit the same tides of fame as Pac-Man, but I can't still say Pac-Man seems any more interesting to play as than any other popular Namco-character. And I can't still find him anymore interesting or with successful or remarkable games like Megaman or Sonic had, aside from his original game. )

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd love to have my favorite Tales character (Yuri Lowell) in. But, he's on the same boat as any other Tales charcater that's not Lloyd or Cless due to having the least number Nintendo appearances. :(

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I still find it odd how Pac-man is apparently bland, but anything out of Tales would be exciting. To me that sounds kinda backwards and biased when taken in consideration.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I want Pac-Man because I like the arcade games and Pac-Man World 2 (haven't played the other two). I really think the problem with Pac-Man is how some people (fans of Tales, Tekken, and/or Soul Calibur) see him. I think Pac-Man can be pretty interesting in Smash if his playstyle and moveset take advantage of his spherical shape in addition to what he's already done in Pac-Man World games and what he could do with all those dots.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
the whole "boring" argument is weak anyway. "Boring" or not Pac-Man is still an icon and the most recognizable character Namco has to offer. He has plenty of abilities that would make him a perfect candidate for Smash. Not every character needs a elemental based attack or a variety of sword attacks to work in Smash. Smash already has characters that i personally find boring as all hell. Marth, Mario, Jigg, DK. But none are bad characters (Hell Marth is my main). "Boring" is just an excuse those people use to try and say "This character shouldn't be in cause there are more interesting options." Again, i can say the same for a bunch of characters already in Smash. I've wanted Pac-Man from the start because of any video game character out there, he deserves it the most. He's more than just a gaming icon, he's a cultural one. Pac-Man started genres, gave us the first gaming mascot, introduced the first power up ever seen in a video game and even became the center point for competative gaming. He's known in video games, television, movies, comics, and even music. Pac-Man is an inspiration to many game developers like Miyamoto, Kojima, Romero and so much more. The fact that people discount him because they find him "boring" is honestly a slap in the face to the video game industry as a whole.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Dang, its really difficult looking at these numbers:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46315295&postcount=2020

The handheld game console market is even worse in Europe.

Its pretty much only Japan that has jumped aboard the 3DS train. The Vita is an absolute flop everywhere. I think making Smash 4 for the 3DS as well was a very smart move, especially when looking at Western markets.

On the side of the Wii U, like with the 3DS, its strongest market is Japan. Its doing okay in North America, but bombing hard in Europe.

Assuming Microsoft does not do shoot themselves in the foot like Sony did when they launched the PS3 (sky-high pricepoint, difficult to develop for), they will easily be the market leader for the North American market. I don't know much about the Europen market to make a comment there, but I suspect Microsoft to make further inroads there (supposedly continental Europe favors the PS3 of the HD consoles).

Sony is in between a rock and a hard place, it really depends on what they plan to do with the PS4.

However, for Nintendo they need to guns blazing fast. I suspect the mediocre Western sales for the 3DS is the reason why we are getting Generation 6 in 2013 as opposed to 2014. New Leaf has good potential to be a high seller as well (Wild World did sell very well in the West). Smash 4 3DS I think would also be a really good seller for the 3DS. Nintendo does not have any bullets left for the Western market after those three games (aside from price cuts).

The Vita is pretty much dead though. I think Sony will pull the plug on the console by the end of 2013, or 2014 at the latest. Its possible Sony could save it by doing something crafty (like making Vitas the controllers for the PS4), however, that's assuming the PS4 does well (it will most like be in the Wii U's shadow in Japan, and X-Box's successor's shadow in the US). If it does make the Vita the PS4's main controller, I think the Vita would be able to carve a niche out for itself.

As for the 3DS, it definitely won't be pulling DS numbers (especially in the West). The handheld video game console market has really contracted.

For 2013, the only titles Nintendo has lined up for the 3DS in the West are FE13, Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and Pokemong X/Y. There is probably going to be at least one more major title released as well. However, I could easily see it being FE13 for Q1, Luigi's Mansion 2 for Q2 (the boxart has already been leaked), Animal Crossing: New Leaf for Q3, and Pokemon X/Y for Q4. New Leaf is possible as a Q2 title as well though.

The Wii U situation is perhaps worse, because unlike the 3DS, it does not even have a decent library built up. There are no first-party titles being published for Q1. Nintendo better have a very big show at E3 2013 for the Wii U.

There is a lot of expectations being placed upon Sakurai. Each Smash Bros. game thus far has been a much greater escalation in terms of scale, ambition, and hype than the last. In terms of characters, he has very few bullets left. I think Sakurai has some very big plans for Smash 4, and that the scale in terms of what he has planned for the gameplay is going to get far more people hyped than the likely revealing of those last few hype worthy characters.

I think the AR cards that Sakurai did for Kid Icarus Uprising are going to be expanded upon for Smash 4. It may even be expanded to figurines.

D

Deleted member

the whole "boring" argument is weak anyway. "Boring" or not Pac-Man is still an icon and the most recognizable character Namco has to offer. He has plenty of abilities that would make him a perfect candidate for Smash. Not every character needs a elemental based attack or a variety of sword attacks to work in Smash. Smash already has characters that i personally find boring as all hell. Marth, Mario, Jigg, DK. But none are bad characters (Hell Marth is my main). "Boring" is just an excuse those people use to try and say "This character shouldn't be in cause there are more interesting options." Again, i can say the same for a bunch of characters already in Smash. I've wanted Pac-Man from the start because of any video game character out there, he deserves it the most. He's more than just a gaming icon, he's a cultural one. Pac-Man started genres, gave us the first gaming mascot, introduced the first power up ever seen in a video game and even became the center point for competative gaming. He's known in video games, television, movies, comics, and even music. Pac-Man is an inspiration to many game developers like Miyamoto, Kojima, Romero and so much more. The fact that people discount him because they find him "boring" is honestly a slap in the face to the video game industry as a whole.

Boring is subjective and a personal opinion. Sure it's filled with bias, but it's not weak. He's simply a charcter that fails to stand out as a fighter.

To me PacMan means nothing despite what he may have done for the industry. The only character who can claim having been the one to introduce games to.me and the like is Mario because of SMB. Sorry, I'm and a 90s kid, I've only played PacMan in the calculator port back in highschool.

I get the feeling that most PacMan supporters now are bandwagoners as most us were born too late to experience the PacMan fever.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yeah, the boring argument is bad. However, there is obviously going to people who bandwagon certain characters. There always is.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
to me Subjective=Weak. personal feelings hold little weight in a debate.

if someone can point out a true reason Pac-Man shouldn't be a third party newcomer with no bias statements, than great i can concede that Pac-Man may not be the best choice. stuff like movesets and crap like that arent good arguments either as they are also bias statements.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
[...]

On the side of the Wii U, like with the 3DS, its strongest market is Japan. Its doing okay in North America, but bombing hard in Europe.

Assuming Microsoft does not do shoot themselves in the foot like Sony did when they launched the PS3 (sky-high pricepoint, difficult to develop for), they will easily be the market leader for the North American market. I don't know much about the Europen market to make a comment there, but I suspect Microsoft to make further inroads there (supposedly continental Europe favors the PS3 of the HD consoles).
The problem in Europe is named economical crisis. There are many countries with financial difficulties and, with many countries' people getting lower salaries, I doubt there will be search for game consoles.

In my country, I have already heard in the news that there are people going to the hospitals for having symptoms commonly associated with lack of nutrition (implying lack of money to even buy food). Sadly, I am not kidding on this part.

On your second point, yes, the PS3 is more popular in Europe.

Sony is in between a rock and a hard place, it really depends on what they plan to do with the PS4.

[...]

The Wii U situation is perhaps worse, because unlike the 3DS, it does not even have a decent library built up. There are no first-party titles being published for Q1. Nintendo better have a very big show at E3 2013 for the Wii U.

[...]

I think the AR cards that Sakurai did for Kid Icarus Uprising are going to be expanded upon for Smash 4. It may even be expanded to figurines.
1. I totally agree with that. Sony has its hands tied and, unless the PS4's launch is successful, they will fall soon.

2. That's primary the reason I haven't bought one yet.

3. AR Cards for 3DS, I can see that happening. Kid Icarus: Uprising had that for the game's Idols, which are exactly the same as Smash's Trophies. I think figurines would be a stretch, though...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I get the feeling that most PacMan supporters now are bandwagoners as most us were born too late to experience the PacMan fever.

Funny how the Tales/Tekken support exploded when it was revealed that Namco are working on SSB4. If people are jumping on the Pac-Man bandwagon over this news, other people are jumping on the Tekken/Tales bandwagons as well. Funny thing is, the other bandwagons cannot agree on who should be the Namco representative whereas this plurality bandwagon unanimously agree on Pac-Man. :troll:

D

Deleted member

to me Subjective=Weak. personal feelings hold little weight in a debate.
You mean because not wanting to play as someone who isn't interesting is a bad argument for his inclusion? Personal feelings can take place in a debate, hence why democracy was created in the first place. We're not debating the validity of a fact or claim, nor are we having an analysis or political debate. We're arguing if a character should or shouldn't be added to a game based on preference, of course "boring" is an argument against it, it's how people feel and you can't force people to like something, just like you can't force someone to have courage and you can't force that one girl you can't stop obsessing over to love you.

90% of this thread is filled with nothing but personal preference and bias, I think bringing out the "subjective=weak" card this late in the thread is rather weak in an of itself, not to mention a very one-sided argument.

EDIT: @Arcadenik

Well I recall seeing a lot of support for Lloyd back in the Brawl days, whereas I've never seen any for PacMan till now. Now I'll admit, I'm a Lloyd bandwagoner, I've never played ToS, but it's mostly because I'd rather see him over PacMan.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am not a Pac-Man supporter, and I don't think we need any third-party newcomers aside from Mega Man, however, Pac-Man does have some merits (especially compared to what other Namco characters they could choose).

Pac-Man already has had a history of having crossovers with Nintendo character (Mario Kart GP and Pac Man Vs.). Miyamoto personally is very fond of the game, to the point where he even personally designed a Pac-Man game (the only two games Miyamoto did game design for in the previous decade were Pac Man Vs. and Super Mario Galaxy).

Pac-Man is probably the only Namco character that is recognizable to the mass market as well. Tales is a very niche series in the West, and Tekken while much better known in the West, would have much more difficulty working in a character into Smash Bros. Someone on the street would much more know who Pac-Man is than someone from Tales or Tekken, which makes for better marketability.

However, like I said, the only third-party character that I think needs and deserves to be added is Mega Man.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
EDIT: @Arcadenik

Well I recall seeing a lot of support for Lloyd back in the Brawl days, whereas I've never seen any for PacMan till now. Now I'll admit, I'm a Lloyd bandwagoner, I've never played ToS, but it's mostly because I'd rather see him over PacMan.
That's because Tales of Symphonia was new back in the pre-Brawl days. Hell, nearly all the characters who were in the latest Gamecube and Game Boy Advance games had their own bandwagons in the pre-Brawl days. Support for a Tales character imploded after Brawl came out and it exploded when the news about Namco working on SSB4 came out.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know, it's moments like this where I kinda wish Capcom was assisting instead of Namco. Bad mouth Capcom all you want, but at least there would be a clear cut choice in the form of Mega Man.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Let me put my input in the current topics.

1. HELL NO to anything Skylanders esque. People ***** about paying for on disc DLC. Do you tihnk it's going to be any better when you gotta buy a bunch of figurines to play a game.
2. **** bandwagons. They tell me nothing about how the game turns out and is just fans arguing.
3. Sales everywhere are going to look downward. Economy just about everywhere is bad so games and the like are low priority. The only possible exception anytime soon is Japan IF Abe's policies lead to an improve economy.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It would make Nintendo tons of money.
Not nearly as much money if they would do it with Pokemon.

As far as the Pac-man being boring argument. That is all subjective and opinionated; Those who don't find him fascinating will obviously not care for him, and the ones that do will I would love it. I'm sure people will moan and groan about him getting in for like a good month and then simmer down... until SSB5 rolls around and then the "Pac-man should be cut" threads will begin to pop up.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Not nearly as much money if they would do it with Pokemon.

As far as the Pac-man being boring argument. That is all subjective, I would love to see Pac-man in SSB4. I'm sure people will moan and groan about him being for like a good month and then simmer down until SSB5 rolls around and then the "Pac-man should be cut" threads will begin to pop up.
Agreed. agreed so much.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I still find it odd how Pac-man is apparently bland, but anything out of Tales would be exciting. To me that sounds kinda backwards and biased when taken in consideration.
I guess it's just the matter of peoples' preference. This coming from (I bet) ones playing Tales Of-games, it's not wonder. They see something that merits them more interesting that Pac-Man is. (YMMV) Not everyone in Tales are sword fighters, anyway.

In any case, it is not biased and being backwards, maybe you're not willing to accept that there's people who will prefer someone else over Pac-Man? Because if people had to be shunned upon supporting someone else over a more popular character, that just makes his support seem tad bit overrated/almost fanboyish. I mean, if think that Tales Of-characters being inferior in every way to Pac-Man just because he's a legendary icon is just stretching it. Tales Of-series at least is the 3rd of the Big JRPG 3 in Japan and US & Europe. (And when did we even forget there's a Tales Of-director in the development team )

But if you say we're being biased for wanting characters we like in Smash, then that's just wrong... It almost sounds like this:

"Hey, I like this character and I think he has fair chance in Smash!"

"You're wrong for supporting this character, this guy's more popular, more relevant and more famous, you should be supporting him instead."

Would I really like to support Pac-Man after that?

I mean, not all of them are sword-users, aside from protagonists. But they're very liked by the ones playing the games.

Ah maan, this is now like comparing Fire Emblem to Mario-games. (-=_=-);

And I don't even want to answer at 3Bismyname's post. I don't think you're still getting my point and to go so far as to almost say I'm messing my reputation as a gamer for finding Pac-Man bland/boring. Just sheesh.

No, really, just look at this guy below.

I want Pac-Man because I like the arcade games and Pac-Man World 2 (haven't played the other two). I really think the problem with Pac-Man is how some people (fans of Tales, Tekken, and/or Soul Calibur) see him. I think Pac-Man can be pretty interesting in Smash if his playstyle and moveset take advantage of his spherical shape in addition to what he's already done in Pac-Man World games and what he could do with all those dots.
*Applauds*

Now THIS IS what I can get along with. This all sounds actually pretty interesting. ( I dunno about the dots-part but rest sound something potent. Add biting trait and I can actually gear up to look forward to him.)

This is what I asked for so many times in here when wondering how Pac-Man would be interesting for me who find him boring. How he'd work as a character and what kind of things he has known about him can be put in some interesting use. If there's nothing to back up all that, then of course I'm not gonna support them and wait for another Falcon/Marth incident to make me like them (or not.)

Now it's all up to what Sakurai and his team does.
I hope this might happen because maybe then I can actually find Pac actually interesting for Smash.

Now if I can understand how Pac-Man can be interesting, then that doesn't mean Tales Of-characters or what else Namco-characters that are seemingly shunned upon aren't any better than him. There's a reason if we find them being interesting and can back up with good arguments for that. They can be interesting too, it's not being biased. But it just depends on are you willing to look deeper to that character before labeling them boring at once.

I did it with Pac-Man, and it didn't help me much. World-games showed me he has plenty of moves, but him not having much huge successes AFTER his original game (the closest being Championship Edition) didn't really help me finding anything memorable about him aside from his original game. And World not much molding him with any certain character or "feel" to him didn't really help either. I mean, yeah, he eats, he jumps, he punches, he does a spindash, he can pull off some wild moves with ribbons, dots and electricity and so ooon. But all these seem so scattered and not too much contributing to his overall character at all.

What is Pac-Man? Is he just a gaming icon? Mario has this same problem even but at least he's still packed with "fun-feel balanced archetype". Pac-Man again is harder, so hard it's not hard for me to label him "boring". After his original game, there's not much games about him defining or building well around what he is, aside from World-games. Cartoonish and silly-themed archetype with spherical aesthetics on his moves and being a poltergeist devourer? a_(-l´l)

Look, you can support Pac-Man all you want. But sheesh, if we don't prefer him, that of course, so be it. Like Moon Monkey said, it's all subjective, but it doesn't mean other side is wrong. (-=_=-);;; At least I can prove why I can't find Pac interesting as an addition and prefer Lloyd over him.

D

Deleted member

That's because Tales of Symphonia was new back in the pre-Brawl days. Hell, nearly all the characters who were in the latest Gamecube and Game Boy Advance games had their own bandwagons in the pre-Brawl days. Support for a Tales character imploded after Brawl came out and it exploded when the news about Namco working on SSB4 came out.

And..? I don't exactly get what you're getting at man.

You know, it's moments like this where I kinda wish Capcom was assisting instead of Namco. Bad mouth Capcom all you want, but at least there would be a clear cut choice in the form of Mega Man.

MegaWho?

People like to start **** on the internet, I can guarantee that there would be a split among Capcom fans over who deserves to get in even if it was Capcom who was aiding Nintendo.

Though I agree, I would have preferred Capcom over Namco, I feel Capcom is better at balancing games, and they have more interesting choices.

Let me put my input in the current topics.

1. HELL NO to anything Skylanders esque. People ***** about paying for on disc DLC. Do you tihnk it's going to be any better when you gotta buy a bunch of figurines to play a game.
2. **** bandwagons. They tell me nothing about how the game turns out and is just fans arguing.
3. Sales everywhere are going to look downward. Economy just about everywhere is bad so games and the like are low priority. The only possible exception anytime soon is Japan IF Abe's policies lead to an improve economy.
QFT, I especially can't believe people are citing Skylanders of all things for a fighting game... Have we really fallen this low?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Namco is just as good of a fit as Capcom, if not more so. Tekken has had a record as of late of being pretty well balanced - not perfect, but adequate. I can't say for Soul Calibur as I honestly don't know other than that Hilde was a beast in SC4 and I believe had to be banned.

And that is one of my personal favorite Ryu drawings. He looks like a MAN, not some shrimpy bishounen.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
@Young Horsetail

you misunderstand my intent with that comment. i'm saying that putting Pac-Man in a he's boring therefore he sucks mentality is a slap in the face to the gaming industry. contrary to his "boring" nature he has withstood the test of time and is still very popular.(albeit not as popular as he used to be) my bad though i probably worded it in a more aggresive way than i meant. problem is the only reason i have ever heard anyone say Pac-Man shouldnt be in Smash is because he is not interesting as other Namco reps which really isnt true at all. I acknowledge the Tekken and the Tales series for what they are. but to me Pac-Man is still the better choice with greater merits

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
From what I've seen I'm one of few here who have actually played some of Namco's best stuff, while everyone else is a Capcom bandwagoner because of Street Fighter and the like.

D

Deleted member

Namco is just as good of a fit as Capcom, if not more so. Tekken has had a record as of late of being pretty well balanced - not perfect, but adequate. I can't say for Soul Calibur as I honestly don't know other than that Hilde was a beast in SC4 and I believe had to be banned.

And that is one of my personal favorite Ryu drawings. He looks like a MAN, not some shrimpy bishounen.
I'm not saying Namco is bad, I'm just saying I think Capcom would be better, they've worked om more fighting games than anyone else with the SF, Vs. and DarkStalkers series, and I think they have a better track record in regard to balance.

Though, Namco's 3D strings and the like may be a better fit for Smash's more intuitive play.

Also,
And that is one of my personal favorite Ryu drawings. He looks like a MAN, not some shrimpy bishounen, or some ROIDED OUT FREAK

FTFY, I agree, that's one my favorite pics of Ryu as well.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its funny how Kuma and ManlySpirit are basically echo-chambers of one another.

Secondly, I did not say I wanted a Skylanders-type game for Smash 4 (reading comprehension is a very serious problem on this forum). I said it could be a possibility that Sakurai might approach. He already did the idea of collecting cards for Kid Icarus Uprising.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
FTFY, I agree, that's one my favorite pics of Ryu as well.
That's another thing. All the SF4 cast pre-Super looks like crap and roided up. At least the later characters put in SF4 and the Tekken characters look way better.

Seriously, Ryu and Ken's EVERYTHING bug me to death.

I really want to know this...

Why do people want street fighter characters in SSB4?
And why not?

@Chrono
Nah, Manly and I are amigos, hermanos, *insert Spanish words*.

The figurine thing was a response to how I could see it turning out negatively. I think cards are much more likely and much more economic than to go for figures. Although, I could see Nintendo comissioning figurines to be made of the playable cast. I might buy one or two if they're at a reasonable price.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Pac-Man gets in Smash, he has to be teamed up with Luigi in a haunted mansion in the story mode. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

@Young Horsetail

you misunderstand my intent with that comment. i'm saying that putting Pac-Man in a he's boring therefore he sucks mentality is a slap in the face to the gaming industry. contrary to his "boring" nature he has withstood the test of time and is still very popular.(albeit not as popular as he used to be) my bad though i probably worded it in a more aggresive way than i meant. problem is the only reason i have ever heard anyone say Pac-Man shouldnt be in Smash is because he is not interesting as other Namco reps which really isnt true at all. I acknowledge the Tekken and the Tales series for what they are. but to me Pac-Man is still the better choice with greater merits
The thing is, it's an opinion man, and people are entitled to them, slap to the face or not. Namco seems to agree with that opinion. There are much better characters suited for such games, for example, you don't see PacMan anywhere in THIS roster now do you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_X_Zone

It's the same thing, he lacks interesting Combat abilities. Compare PacMan to pic related who has an arsenal of diverse weapons, just watch this video for crying out loud (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4CNimXZ-Lc), PacMan comes nowhere near the amount of options she offers, that's what people mean by boring, and as I said, given the fact she's been in several Namco Crossovers, while PacMan seems absent, they seem to agree that there are better options in regard to playstyle.

From what I've seen I'm one of few here who have actually played some of Namco's best stuff, while everyone else is a Capcom bandwagoner because of Street Fighter and the like.
What's wrong with SF man? I've never been too much of a fan of 3D fighters outside of Soul Calibur 2. I've only recently started playing Tekken, but 2D fighters is still what I generally prefer barring a few exceptions.

I really want to know this...

Why do people want street fighter characters in SSB4?
The only SF characters that would be any good in Smash would be Chun Li, and M.Bison, the latter of which can be adapted into Ganondorf's moveset so there's no need. I don't wanna see them personally, I was only making a joke.

@Kuma

And Cammy man, Jesus, that MANFACE, what did they do to her? Where's her cute pout and spunky attitude?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
@Young Horsetail

you misunderstand my intent with that comment. i'm saying that putting Pac-Man in a he's boring therefore he sucks mentality is a slap in the face to the gaming industry. contrary to his "boring" nature he has withstood the test of time and is still very popular.(albeit not as popular as he used to be) my bad though i probably worded it in a more aggresive way than i meant. problem is the only reason i have ever heard anyone say Pac-Man shouldnt be in Smash is because he is not interesting as other Namco reps which really isnt true at all.
Exactly. The only reason why I see Pacman very likely is because he is considered the face of Namco:
Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYRmSjB_Y0o&annotation_id=annotation_630783&feature=iv
(see end of trailer)

Similar to hoe Snake and Sonic were the face of Konami and SEGA respectively. Asking for a Tales character over Pac-man to me is the equivalent of wanting AiAi over Sonic.
Yes, yes I know Sonic is A) already in smash and b) was highly requested, the point was putting a another title over the companies mascot/face.

The only franchise that can rival Pac-man was Tekken; and seeing how the Tekken Dev's already said that including a Tekken character seems out of place:

Exhibit B: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/10/harada-pulling-back-on-idea-of-tekken-characters-in-new-smash/

I'd say Pac-man has a good shot. Now I'm not saying Tales cahracters have no chance at all, i'm just saying Pacman seems more likely.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Yeah, Mr. Bison. I will really **** my pants laughing if he said...

Then again, captain falcon also says it, so It takes most the humor out of it. Because captain falcon is much cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom