• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Could a possibility be cutting an unpopular character? This borders on subjective, but I don't think it's a stretch to speculate that Pichu and Doc weren't that popular, at least in comparison to Melee's other newcomers.

Also, I have no doubt that Sakurai has not "reached his limit" with Brawl's roster, like so many assume about that quote. However, I don't believe a higher roster count is an excuse to flood the roster with 8 Pokemon characters, just because "they've always had more characters."

And undoubtedly, he'll take the game in a "new direction" in some way or another. First Side Specials, then Final Smashes...now, Option C.

:phone:

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Could a possibility be cutting an unpopular character? This borders on subjective, but I don't think it's a stretch to speculate that Pichu and Doc weren't that popular, at least in comparison to Melee's other newcomers.

Also, I have no doubt that Sakurai has not "reached his limit" with Brawl's roster, like so many assume about that quote. However, I don't believe a higher roster count is an excuse to flood the roster with 8 Pokemon characters, just because "they've always had more characters."

And undoubtedly, he'll take the game in a "new direction" in some way or another. First Side Specials, then Final Smashes...now, Option C.

Option C is more likely to happens. Someone just provided the link to original article where Sakurai claimed that series need to have change of direction.

we've probably already reached the limit of what's feasible. I think a change of direction might be what's needed.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If a new mechanic is going to be added, I'd wager assist characters akin to the Marvel vs. Capcom games, RPG elements like upgrading characters with new attacks or adding additional attributes, or some sort of chemistry system of sorts akin to the one used in Super Mario Sluggers.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
OK! yes i found it ok now guys i severly apologise but i cant seem to copy and paste the exact paragraph on my phone so ima direct you.

You may have all seen this but it is a BIG thing so listen.

Click on Link
Scroll down to you see a picture of Sakurai
Simply just read the two paragraphs Above the picture.

Comback here and discuss.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/15390

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Hmm..I was speculating about this a few night back but i tried a different method how i done it was i only countered the Additional Slots.

Its abit complicated i will explain.

I didnt count transformations basicly because Sheik never got scrapped and i highly Doubt ZSS will reguardless of whst happens to Metroids Reps in Sm4sh.

Nor did i count replacements for series like IE: Ike replacing Roy but Still Fire emblem having 2 Reps in Melee and Brawl

I personally think its a more cunning and maybe more better way of predicting

Sooo it goes like THIS!

SMASH64 (0) > Because all the chars made it into melee

MELEE:

Zelda/Sheik
Peach
Bowser
Marth
Roy

Pichu
Ganondorf
D.R Mario
Falco
G&W
Ice Climbers

Young Link
*Mewtwo*

Ok Thats (13) in Total for Melee And in this case there all Newcomers Because Melee expanded on Smash64

BRAWL:

Diddy Kong
Wario
Pit
R.O.B
Metaknight
Dedede
Olimar
Wolf
Lucas
Snake
Sonic

Ok Brawl is (10)

Hmmm....

So my Conclusion is That

Sm4sh Will Have 10-13 New Characters With No Series losing there ammount of playable chars but could be replaced.

Sm4sh Will Have 40-43 Characters :) 10000/ Sure Thank me later.

(This took half a hour to work out..i am right trust me my formula=win)

So you lot dont believe in all that ''Revelancy'' Stuff? Because i dunno...hey let me show you guys something one sec.

I'm going to be very nice to you since you are becoming little annoying. I apologized if I
am being blunt. I don't think your logic work like that, and you didn't included all newcomers in brawl, so that caused your logic failing. How can you put down 40-43 characters with few cuts and 10 new characters?

Also you are not only one that predicted 40-43, 42, etc. Ever since, I predicted that we are getting 42-45.

OK! yes i found it ok now guys i severly apologise but i cant seem to copy and paste the exact paragraph on my phone so ima direct you.

You may have all seen this but it is a BIG thing so listen.

Click on Link
Scroll down to you see a picture of Sakurai
Simply just read the two paragraphs Above the picture.

Comback here and discuss.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/15390

I don't see how it can be your evidence. Your source have good potential to prove your concept/logic wrong. They were planned to add Roy, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda and Sheik and etc. They had to cut them out to add Sonic to the game due to time constriction. It could happens during SSB4 Production.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm going to be very nice to you since you are becoming little annoying. I apologized if I
am being blunt. I don't think your logic work like that, and you didn't included all newcomers in brawl, so that caused your logic failing. How can you put down 40-43 characters with few cuts and 10 new characters?

Also you are not only one that predicted 40-43, 42, etc. Ever since, I predicted that we are getting 42-45.
Alright i understand it was a theory calm down.
I desevered it anyway.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
[COLLAPSE="Apparently a pattern."]Hmm..I was speculating about this a few night back but i tried a different method how i done it was i only countered the Additional Slots.

Its abit complicated i will explain.

I didnt count transformations basicly because Sheik never got scrapped and i highly Doubt ZSS will reguardless of whst happens to Metroids Reps in Sm4sh.

Nor did i count replacements for series like IE: Ike replacing Roy but Still Fire emblem having 2 Reps in Melee and Brawl

I personally think its a more cunning and maybe more better way of predicting

Sooo it goes like THIS!

SMASH64 (0) > Because all the chars made it into melee

MELEE:

Zelda/Sheik
Peach
Bowser
Marth
Roy

Pichu
Ganondorf
D.R Mario
Falco
G&W
Ice Climbers

Young Link
*Mewtwo*

Ok Thats (13) in Total for Melee And in this case there all Newcomers Because Melee expanded on Smash64

BRAWL:

Diddy Kong
Wario
Pit
R.O.B
Metaknight
Dedede
Olimar
Wolf
Lucas
Snake
Sonic

Ok Brawl is (10)

Hmmm....

So my Conclusion is That

Sm4sh Will Have 10-13 New Characters With No Series losing there ammount of playable chars but could be replaced.

Sm4sh Will Have 40-43 Characters :) 10000/ Sure Thank me later.

(This took half a hour to work out..i am right trust me my formula=win)

:phone:[/COLLAPSE]
I fail to see any sort of discernible pattern here. All it seems you've done is listed the newcomers of each game, while not counting Ike, PKMN Trainer, Lucario, or Toon Link or transformations because they didn't change the total number of reps for that series from the last game.

Then because Melee added 13 characters and in your mind Brawl added... 10 (you have 11 listed) ... you've deduced that SSB4 will have between 10-13, which is... a guess... and not the first time that amount has been guessed either. If both Melee and Brawl added the same amount of characters, then perhaps there would be some weight to a roster pattern theory (though I'd guess it would've been a coincidence), but as it stands now, there is no clear pattern, so you shouldn't try to find one.

Anyway, doing your math correctly would give us a total roster number of 35 (12 + 13 - 1 (Dr. Mario's Mario slot) + 11 (because apparently some characters just don't count). Adding 10-13 would give us 45-48.

Please correct me if I've misinterpreted something, but 45-48 is not an uncommon roster number guess, you get no bragging rights for coming up with the same prediction that's been tossed around since SSB4 speculation started.

Trust me dont wanna sound like s douche (even though i am..xD)

But trust me i am right please save and remember my post for bragging rights.
Pretentious much? :rolleyes:

I actually think Sonic has a solid chance of returning i hope he does because his moveset sucked im brawl it was rushed so it wasent full sonic potential not even half..

As for Snake..should be cut for Megaman.

Im almost certain Snake wont return.
Sakurai didn't create Sonic's moveset, in SSB4, while he will be tweaked, don't expect a drastically different moveset.

You do know the 3rd party cap is likely to be higher than two in SSB4, right? Logically both Snake and Mega Man could hypothetically exist together.

Plus, what proof is there that Snake won't return? Sakurai and Kojima still seem to be friends, MGS has appeared on a Nintendo plat after Brawl, Snake is still a popular character, and last time I checked Konami still likes money.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To tell the truth I've seen most of what's covered here before, that said it's definitely informal and gives another good look into a lot of what us veteran speculators (I like how it also says "criteria" when referring to characters) have been going on about for quite some time now. It's definitely an instant add to the Directory thread.

The only other thing that strikes me, mostly because it's come up again is balance of representation and the mysterious property rights towards some originally planned characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To tell the truth I've seen most of what's covered here before, that said it's definitely informal and gives another good look into a lot of what us veteran speculators (I like how it also says "criteria" when referring to characters) have been going on about for quite some time now. It's definitely an instant add to the Directory thread.

The only other thing that strikes me, mostly because it's come up again is balance of representation and the mysterious property rights towards some originally planned characters.
It is an interesting article, but it's already in the Directory Thread. ;)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I fail to see any sort of discernible pattern here. All it seems you've done is listed the newcomers of each game, while not counting Ike, PKMN Trainer, Lucario, or Toon Link or transformations because they didn't change the total number of reps for that series from the last game.

Then because Melee added 13 characters and in your mind Brawl added... 10 (you have 11 listed) ... you've deduced that SSB4 will have between 10-13, which is... a guess... and not the first time that amount has been guessed either. If both Melee and Brawl added the same amount of characters, then perhaps there would be some weight to a roster pattern theory (though I'd guess it would've been a coincidence), but as it stands now, there is no clear pattern, so you shouldn't try to find one.

Anyway, doing your math correctly would give us a total roster number of 35 (12 + 13 - 1 (Dr. Mario's Mario slot) + 11 (because apparently some characters just don't count). Adding 10-13 would give us 45-48.

Please correct me if I've misinterpreted something, but 45-48 is not an uncommon roster number guess, you get no bragging rights for coming up with the same prediction that's been tossed around since SSB4 speculation started.

Pretentious much? :rolleyes:

Sakurai didn't create Sonic's moveset, in SSB4, while he will be tweaked, don't expect a drastically different moveset.

You do know the 3rd party cap is likely to be higher than two in SSB4, right? Logically both Snake and Mega Man could hypothetically exist together.

Plus, what proof is there that Snake won't return? Sakurai and Kojima still seem to be friends, MGS has appeared on a Nintendo plat after Brawl, Snake is still a popular character, and last time I checked Konami still likes money.

Ok.

#1 I was being a cheeky douche so i deservs the bashing no doubt.

#2 I edited the post to make em less scumbag worthy.

#3 Isnt everyone entitled to there own opnion on specualtion?

I have great pride in thinking that up its no so Ridiculous once you understand it and ignore the Scumbag Cheesyness.

D

Deleted member

I actually think Sonic has a solid chance of returning i hope he does because his moveset sucked im brawl it was rushed so it wasent full sonic potential not even half..

As for Snake..should be cut for Megaman.

Im almost certain Snake wont return.

Jesus, so much activity, it's hard to keep up with you guys... It's 2013 man... Why don't you gaiz liek.... chill...

Anyway, I disagree with you dude. Imo, Snake has a better chance of returning that Sonic. If Sonic comes back, so will Snake. You forget that Sakurai and Kojima are bros. Leaving Snake out when keeping that Greed-Eyed abomination is a huge kick to the balls.

Out of curiosity, can anyone make an argument for cutting/replacing a character that's not subjective or revolves around adding someone new because they're more recent? Ignoring the time constraints and priority of course.

Lack of originality when it comes to Toon Link, Lucas and Falco. Looking at Toon Link, there is really very little that differentiates him from Link. His floaty mechanics are hardly an upgrade, and if Link was made to ACTUALLY be decent (faster frame rate, better ranged attacks, etc...), then people wouldn't argue so much in his favor.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't see how Sonic having green eyes is such a horrible thing considering it hurts absolutely nothing.

Sounds like a bunch of nostalgia clogging the brain to me.

D

Deleted member

I don't see how Sonic having green eyes is such a horrible thing considering it hurts absolutely nothing.

Sounds like a bunch of nostalgia clogging the brain to me.
Nah, it's just a joke at how modern Sonic's try-hard "cool" attitude has led to the demise of the series in more ways than one. Though Colors and Generations proved that there is still hope.

I never played the older Sonic games until recently, but I do have to say, I like the old design better, you can blame the fanbase for that though.

Overall, I'm indifferent to Sonic's inclusion or exclusion. I feel he has a lot of potential as a character, potential I'm afraid may never be tapped in Smash Bros unless he undergoes a HUGE revamp I'm afraid.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Ermm tbh you guys no more then me about info i aint gonna lie. I just said ''What i feel'' you feel me?

Like when Sakurai said about chars stick out like sore thumb imo Snake kinda felt like that to me in brawl...

I got nothing against snake or you guys opnions im just telling you what i think.

I ''Think'' Sonic has a better chance of staying then Snake.

Also ok Lets touch up on my guy ''N30N'' is saying.

Ofc no one knows if how many 3rd party slots they will be and Sakurai said to keep em limited.
Ok there was 2 in brawl that ''imo'' should be minimum right? based om brawl started the whole 3rd party fiasco i mean they cant be just 1!!

Also lets say Sonic and Snake return Do we get anymore 3rd Parties in Sm4sh like 2 Or even 1 more.

Or are the slots tooken up by snake and sonic again.?

Im just going by what i think and what can be confirmed to be inapropriate by majority of people.

Because imo Sonic and Snake staying with No more 3rd parties in Sm4sh is not a cool move..

But hey Sakurai's boss what ever floats his K.Rool boat.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sonic as a character is actually quite potent. He may seem kinda bland and weak at first, but Sonic is one of the best characters to play mind games with due to the high movement speed and his varies attacks giving him a surprising amount of punishing options. His main problem is the lack of a reliable killing move, which could be improved in the next game.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Sonic as a character is actually quite potent. He may seem kinda bland and weak at first, but Sonic is one of the best characters to play mind games with due to the high movement speed and his varies attacks giving him a surprising amount of punishing options. His main problem is the lack of a reliable killing move, which could be improved in the next game.
It says so in that link they just quickly gave him a standard punch kick combo based of some fighting game/games on virtule console.

But yh man i just want this game to be the best Smash ever im sure no doubt thats something we all want and can agree on.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
#3 Isnt everyone entitled to there own opnion on specualtion?
Ermm tbh you guys no more then me about info i aint gonna lie. I just said ''What i feel'' you feel me?
Still not a great reason for acting like a "cheeky scumbag douche" (to use your words). :smirk:

Like when Sakurai said about chars stick out like sore thumb imo Snake kinda felt like that to me in brawl...
He also recently spoke positively about Sonic and Snake in Brawl, which would seem to say that he was pleased with how Snake turned out, and that he didn't feel he stuck out.

Ofc no one knows if how many 3rd party slots they will be and Sakurai said to keep em limited.
Ok there was 2 in brawl that ''imo'' should be minimum right? based om brawl started the whole 3rd party fiasco i mean they cant be just 1!!

Also lets say Sonic and Snake return Do we get anymore 3rd Parties in Sm4sh like 2 Or even 1 more.

Im just going by what i think and what can be confirmed to be inapropriate by majority of people.

Because imo Sonic and Snake staying with No more 3rd parties in Sm4sh is not a cool move..

Characters are included by Sakurai because he feels they merit inclusion. If a new third-party merits inclusion in Sakurai's mind that shouldn't effect the merit of the two existing third-parties, especially since Mega Man has absolutely nothing to do with either of them. Sakurai isn't going to kick out Sonic or Snake to include Mega Man. He'll just add Mega Man.

Sakurai seemingly only had one third-party planned for Brawl, but when Sonic was added late it's not like Snake was kicked out. Sakurai just added room for another third-party, which he'll most likely do again for SSB4, especially since there will be more Nintendo characters added as well to not throw off the "third-party ratio".

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I still have a theory that third party characters will make up about 10% of the roster at best. For example, a roster of 50 would have the max of 5 third party characters possible. But with how stingy getting them in is to begin with, we shouldn't expect 5 but possibly around 3 or 4 total.

D

Deleted member

He's very awkward to play as and difficult to master, and not difficult in the sense Hazama is difficult to master. He's just a strange character to use, there were a lot of missed opportunities with his movepool as well. A spring for ^+B is strange, but it works I guess, but two ball moves that are slightly different make it hard for him really make use of his speed, also as you said, the lack of any decent killing moves make him a very strange character, which is funny because I suggested Lip as someone without explicit killing moves in that other thread, but this works for her as she's long range and can stay a safe distance to attempt her kills, Sonic on the other hand, puts himself in harms was to attempt kills. The only thing he excels in is nabbing Smash Balls. The poor guy is E-Rank for a reason. He would have been demolished if Brawl had Melee's mechanics, and characters were able to keep up with him a bit better.

As someone who wanted him in since Melee's rumors, I look at Sonic and I see a lot of wasted potential. I do like what Kuma mentioned about him being a Stance-User. It could be interesting to see.

I got nothing against snake or you guys opnions im just telling you what i think.

I ''Think'' Sonic has a better chance of staying then Snake.

Dude, just check out other people's rosters and get an idea of what others seem to accept. No one claims to be right, well, some of us do (myself included...:awesome:), but it's easier to refute wrong opinions that to claim right ones. That's a good mentality to have.

[COLLAPSE="roster"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hmmm nice! So what do you think the maximum Size of the roster will be? And do you think Ridley/K.Rool/Mewtwo will be worthy based on your opnion of sakurai's descions and his mindset.

Your really straight forward guy so i would like to hear your opnion more then mine xD

Please enlighten me
(not being sarcastic)

D

Deleted member

Hmmm nice! So what do you think the maximum Size of the roster will be? And do you think Ridley/K.Rool/Mewtwo will be worthy based on your opnion of sakurai's descions and his mindset.

Your really straight forward guy so i would like to hear your opnion more then mine xD

Please enlighten me
(not being sarcastic)

Not sure if that was for me or Habanero, but I'll take you up on it.

Ridley is a given imo, K.Rool has a lower chance, but still a good one. I'd like to see him in. Mewtwo, after giving it some though, may not make it in, in favor of keeping Lucario. In all honesty, I'd be ok with that. Lucario is a more interesting character with plenty of potential, and also a better marketing tool than Mewtwo with the younglins. If Mewtwo comes back, he'll likely have a slightly tweaked version of his old move set. Wheras revamping Lucario a bit, and upping his Aura mechanics to make him more devastating draw my attention more.

Also, to whoever said that Smash is not a marketing tool a few pages back... Roy wants a word with you.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Not sure if that was for me or Habanero, but I'll take you up on it.

Ridley is a given imo, K.Rool has a lower chance, but still a good one. I'd like to see him in. Mewtwo, after giving it some though, may not make it in, in favor of keeping Lucario. In all honesty, I'd be ok with that. Lucario is a more interesting character with plenty of potential, and also a better marketing tool than Mewtwo with the younglins. If Mewtwo comes back, he'll likely have a slightly tweaked version of his old move set. Wheras revamping Lucario a bit, and upping his Aura mechanics to make him more devastating draw my attention more.

No doubt that in Smash Lucario>>>Mewtwo.

Lucario was a good char he is well WAS... my main when i had brawl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was directed at ''N3ON'' But i
would like/appreciate
e everyones say on it.

D

Deleted member

Except Roy was a last minute character. :smirk:
One last minute marketing tool character does not make the series just a marketing tool.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
As stated there is no maximum to the roster that is officially stated, but generally people can agree on around 50 characters for the next game. Considering how some fighting games like Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, Street Fighter x Tekken, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 got away with 50+, it isn't too far fetched to think Super Smash Bros. 4 could get away with a similar amount.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
As stated there is no maximum to the roster that is officially stated, but generally people can agree on around 50 characters for the next game. Considering how some fighting games like Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, Street Fighter x Tekken, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 got away with 50+, it isn't too far fetched to think Super Smash Bros. 4 could get away with a similar amount.
If this happens i Will never sell the game xD.

D

Deleted member

Except Roy was a last minute character. :smirk:
One last minute marketing tool character does not make the series just a marketing tool.
Well, you're right, it's not PSABR, but just because it's been done once doesn't mean it won't happen ever again, especially with a new Pokemon Generation.

I predict Pokemon Gen 6 will be out in Japan at around the same time as Smash 4's release. By then many Pokemon will have been revealed, and if our current shady friend isn't THE ONE, the we'll likely see him soon enough. I'm sure Sakurai has already gotten the inside scoop and what the key Pokemon for this next generation will be. Even if this reveal isn't Gen 6, I've already said before Gen 6 is guaranteed to be revealed soon, and Pokemon news tend to surge very quickly, since the announcement of Gen 5, the reveals that followed spread in around a year's time, until most of the game was known before launch, down to every last Pokemon.

Anyway, what better way to build hype for the first 3DS Pokemon games, than by having the Star Pokemon of the Generation as a combatant in Nintendo's Cross Over series Smash Bros.? Sometimes you just gotta think like a business man, Nintendo is a company focused on making profit after all. If the Wii is any indication, the fans are secondary.

@Habanero

The difference between the games you mentioned, and Smash Bros, is that those Tag Team based fighters (Jump series is another one) usually have an easier time balancing teams, and the mechanics are based around that, so having a very large roster is easier as even an uber character can be overwhelmed (in HP based fighters (not always though, MvC2 was a mess of balance)), in addition in order to add variety to rosters and teams, you MUST have a large roster. This is not the case for Smash. Having 60+ characters in Smash Bros would either make it a very broken and unbalanced game, or Smash Bros 4: The Clone Wars Strike Back Electric Bugaloo.

I feel Guilty Gear gives a great example of a balanced and diverse roster. 41 is what they had, if I'm not mistaken.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Technically the first Pokemon game on the 3DS was Pokemon Rumble Blast. It's pretty mediocre and it's a spin off, but the point still stands.

Also Super Smash Bros. can be balanced, it just never was because of incompetence. A single entity balancing out dozens of characters is not effective, and it shows in the form of Meta Knight. Luckily Namco is involved in the project so this might finally be averted.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was directed at ''N3ON'' But i
would like/appreciate
e everyones say on it.

Please enlighten me
(not being sarcastic)
Oh, lol ok, personally I think the roster (excluding transformations) will have no more than 50 characters (54 total if no new transformations are added). Anywhere from 45-50 is probably a good guess, my prediction roster has 48 characters on it.

As for Ridley/K.Rool/Mewtwo, to get the best response possible I'd ask their main supporters (of which I'm not), but I do believe they are the three most likely Nintendo characters. Mewtwo is the most requested character in Japan, and has a huge amount of demand overseas as well. He's been planned for all three Smashs so far, personally I'd say he's probably the most likely addition. The only way I see him not coming back is if Sakurai doesn't want to revisit past cut characters in general, but I honestly see very little chance of Sakurai having that mentality, as it makes very little sense.

K. Rool has a large amount of worldwide popularity. He's not the most popular character in any region specifically, but overall he's probably the most requested Nintendo newcomer. Donkey Kong is fairly underrepped considering the success of the series, and K. Rool is one of the last characters left that could be still seen as "iconic" and on the same level as some of the previous additions (which could also apply to Ridley and Toad). The only thing keeping me calling him a shoo-in is if Sakurai chooses to include Dixie instead, but I think the chances are much greater that K. Rool will be the DK addition.

Ridley is a ...polarizing character, for lack of a better word. In Japan, he sees very little demand and requests for playability, while in the west he is one of the most-requested and most popular characters for Smash 4. Chances are Sakurai will look to the west more than he previously did for popular characters, which will undoubtedly point him towards the massive Ridley demand. On top of his popularity, like I said for K. Rool, Ridley is (IMO) one of the last remaining characters that match the level of importance and prevalence of the characters added in previous Smashes. Considering Sakurai has dubbed Ridley "feasible" I don't see why he wouldn't be included this time, however I wouldn't say he was a shoo-in, as popular in the west as he might be.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I would really include all three of these characters on any SSB4 roster. They are among the most likely (if not the three most likely), and it shouldn't be a surprise if they all make it into SSB4. They are without a doubt all definitely "worthy".

Oh, and for the future, I'd prefer to be called a girl instead of a guy. ;):woman:

D

Deleted member

Technically the first Pokemon game on the 3DS was Pokemon Rumble Blast. It's pretty mediocre and it's a spin off, but the point still stands.

Also Super Smash Bros. can be balanced, it just never was because of incompetence. A single entity balancing out dozens of characters is not effective, and it shows in the form of Meta Knight.
Don't you think 60+ characters is a little daunting though. When I think of large casts I'm reminded of DBZBT3 with its 120 characters that ALL play the same and have the same combos. I'd much rather see the current cast revamped than see 60+ characters.

Luckily Namco is involved in the project so this might finally be averted.
Word.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't you think 60+ characters is a little daunting though. When I think of large casts I'm reminded of DBZBT3 with its 120 characters that ALL play the same and have the same combos. I'd much rather see the current cast revamped than see 60+ characters.
Well were not exactly talking about 120 characters, we are talking more along the lines of at least 50. As far as I know 50 and 120 are pretty separate by a fair amount, and it's extremely doubtful we'd get anything above 60 for the roster.

Besides, having 120 characters is very unnecessary considering the quality would take a heavy nose dive in quality and it would be severely difficult to balance.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also Super Smash Bros. can be balanced, it just never was because of incompetence. A single entity balancing out dozens of characters is not effective, and it shows in the form of Meta Knight. Luckily Namco is involved in the project so this might finally be averted.
Incompetence? I severely disagree, but I'm not going to argue against it either (look to SmashChu for that kind of stuff). But I do agree on Namco being a major asset.

D

Deleted member

I still have a theory that third party characters will make up about 10% of the roster at best. For example, a roster of 50 would have the max of 5 third party characters possible. But with how stingy getting them in is to begin with, we shouldn't expect 5 but possibly around 3 or 4 total.
This, but I think five is too much for third-parties. No more than four third-parties for this game and if there is a fourth one (I expect the first three to be Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man), it should be Slime (despite how low his chances are).

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Something i have been wondering about.

WiiU Came out 2 Months ago and a Smash is already in development.

Isnt it that like the more further down the line the better quality of the games in general?
Because you know how when a new console comes out most of the games for the first year dont look that great compared to the latest games on the system before it.

Big example DS pulling the Visuals cutscsne etc in the B/W Series and that.
Dunno maybe just getting worried..watching some old Brawl vids atm..the game looks amazing! maybe its because i havent played it in years ofc and i been playing wayy to much melee..xD..no denying Brawl looks good best looking smash so far ofc. And thats just on the crummy Wii!!

I hope you understand what im saying.

I Dunno..i just want Sm4sh to push the WiiU to its Limits like i know Metroid Prime 4 Wil

But like Melee was a launch title and it used 90+/ of the GC Disk memory and it looked stunning so is it invalid/doesnt matter?

Tell me dudes and Girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom