• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Keep the Pokemon roster from Brawl and give Mewtwo a new, competent moveset. There, now we have arguably the most requested character back, as well as a new playstyle, as has become custom. The best of both worlds.

:phone:

Keep the Pokemon roster from Brawl and give Mewtwo a new, competent moveset. There, now we have arguably the most requested character back, as well as a new playstyle, as has become custom. The best of both worlds.

Then it is just Melee and Brawl put together basically, nothing really new there.

Especially since we have a remake and new gen to look at. Possibly even another remake or gen coming up soon.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

No! im greedy and stubborn! bring back mewtwo but cut lucario for Zoroak/Genesect/Gen6.

joke..but i would perfer it that way..buttt.. tbh if mewtwo comes back i wouldnt care what over pokes get in or not.

And yes re-vamp his movset..he needs a complete overhaul bigger or comparable to Ganondorf...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
At this point just get ride of Squirtle and Ivysaur and make Charizard independent or whatever.

Yes the uniqueness of the Pokemon trainer is gone, but seriously if it will make people stop complaining about over representation, then go for it.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
At this point just get ride of Squirtle and Ivysaur and make Charizard independent or whatever.
I Would perfer Blazekin to be solo ofc but i didnt mention in because ofc we all assume he will be PT-Gen3.

Is PT bad in general? is it a good idea? or just a sly cheap skank in order to add more pokes while keeping the roster limited?

I see where they went with it though because Ultimately Trainers controll pokes.

I

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What i have wondered is are either like any of PT's pokes as strong as the solo pokes? dunno always seen them as like the little chicken peices when you ofc want the big ones.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Pokemon Trainer had an interesting concept but it was poorly executed for varies reasons.
How you think it could be improved?

I agree to but..these thingy gimmics can be tricky..he could end up super duper Arceus uber-tastylicious sauce juice.

We wouldnt want that would we? :/

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
keep PT as a team, it still keeps people happy being able to play as their favorite of the 3
What i think would be sick but most probly be overkill..be like
Newcomer
Master N!

Salamandra/Zoroak
?????
?????

It would make a awsome cutscene story in the adventute mode no doubt you cant deny..

PT Vs. N

lol it be like a real PKMN Game battle.
But then i could immagine everyone would be

''Zomfgffg add misty
Starmie
Goldeen
Horsea

Brock/Cynthia uer chomp vlaa blaa

Then it be like since sonic got in his whole cliq is being requested...

What i think would be sick but most probly be overkill..be like
Newcomer
Master N!

Salamandra/Zoroak
?????
?????

It would make a awsome cutscene story in the adventute mode no doubt you cant deny..

PT Vs. N

lol it be like a real PKMN Game battle.
But then i could immagine everyone would be

''Zomfgffg add misty
Starmie
Goldeen
Horsea

Brock/Cynthia uer chomp vlaa blaa

Then it be like since sonic got in his whole cliq is being requested...

I think N could be a boss battle with the legendaries in N's Castle

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I know this is usually not the most popular opinion but if the roster remains around 36-40 slots I don't see the need for Pokemon to receive a 5th slot. (Not saying it doesn't deserve new characters however.) This is because Mario and Zelda will most likely follow suit in receiving 5 slots which greatly limits series representation. Anyways....

I propose that:
Pikachu and Jigglypuff remain.
Lucario is cut.
Pokemon Trainer is revamped.
5th Gen Pokemon takes Lucario's place. I think it is still a bit late for a 6th gen Pokemon to come in and garner popularity for a position on the roster considering that the roster is most likely planned years beforehand.

As far as the Pokemon Trainer revamp goes, again unpopular opinion, but I would like to see all generations of Pokemon represented on the roster. With generations II, III, and IV remaining my opinion is that Pokemon Trainer will have Piplup, Bayleef, and Blaziken as usable Pokemon.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
see i dont find N that interesting though and i dont much care for any of his pokemon with the exception of Zoroark
This
N is a cool character with not as cool Pokemon (not to mention I have don't have the warmest of feelings (I just don't let those feelings blind me))

Do you think it's a coicidence that all the Pokemon that are in smash were developed by the creator

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It will all depend on popularity for Pokemon in my opinion. Lucario is still popular, as are Metwo and for the most part Squirtle, and Charizard (Ivysaur just completes the trio).

The only way I see some other pokemon getting in is a brand new one to be marketed using Smash Bros.

Also, anyone who thinks Pokemon is over represented is silly. It's one of Nintendo's best franchises, and has the largest amount of characters to choose from (not that all of them are worth including)

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
It will all depend on popularity for Pokemon in my opinion. Lucario is still popular, as are Metwo and for the most part Squirtle, and Charizard (Ivysaur just completes the trio).

The only way I see some other pokemon getting in is a brand new one to be marketed using Smash Bros.

Also, anyone who thinks Pokemon is over represented is silly. It's one of Nintendo's best franchises, and has the largest amount of characters to choose from (not that all of them are worth including)
Vanillish for ssb4 :troll:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I know this is usually not the most popular opinion but if the roster remains around 36-40 slots I don't see the need for Pokemon to receive a 5th slot. (Not saying it doesn't deserve new characters however.) This is because Mario and Zelda will most likely follow suit in receiving 5 slots which greatly limits series representation. Anyways....

I propose that:
Pikachu and Jigglypuff remain.
Lucario is cut.
Pokemon Trainer is revamped.
5th Gen Pokemon takes Lucario's place. I think it is still a bit late for a 6th gen Pokemon to come in and garner popularity for a position on the roster considering that the roster is most likely planned years beforehand.

As far as the Pokemon Trainer revamp goes, again unpopular opinion, but I would like to see all generations of Pokemon represented on the roster. With generations II, III, and IV remaining my opinion is that Pokemon Trainer will have Piplup, Bayleef, and Blaziken as usable Pokemon.

That seems reasonable i like the intiative.

But hey i gotta good question what series outta these in your opnion deserves another rep the most (you have to chose one even if you dont wanna)
and i dont mean replacements im talking additional add ons from brawls 35.

Mario
LoZ
Pokemon.

But hey i gotta good question what series outta these in your opnion deserves another rep the most (you have to chose one even if you dont wanna)

Mario
LoZ
Pokemon.

Those 3 rosters should all be 5 if they can do it. Since they are the most popular.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
This
N is a cool character with not as cool Pokemon (not to mention I have don't have the warmest of feelings (I just don't let those feelings blind me))

Do you think it's a coicidence that all the Pokemon that are in smash were developed by the creator

You are jokin right...no seriously..YOU ARE JOKING RIGHT!

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

Mario
LoZ
Pokemon.

Pokemon just cause Mario and LoZ have their A list characters in already meanwhile Pokemon has literally hundreds of possible characters to add

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Those 3 rosters should all be 5 if they can do it. Since they are the most popular.
What the **** Weres room for RIDLEY/K.ROOL and other peoples beloved ones?

Im all for everyone being happy but ths roster wont be 50. i tell you that much 45 Max i say.

So its like stuffing loafs of bread threw a keyhole tryna get chosen for Sm4sh...

What the **** Weres room for RIDLEY/K.ROOL and other peoples beloved ones?

Im all for everyone being happy but ths roster wont be 50. i tell you that much 45 Max i say.

So its like stuffing loafs of bread threw a keyhole tryna get chosen for Sm4sh...

I see 45-48

With that, those franchises can be 5, some others can get another character, and newer franchises like Sin & Punishment/Xenoblade/Golden Sun can get reps.

It is not that hard.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
That all the pokes that have been in Smash history were created by Sakurai...(does Sakurai create pokemon too?)

no he didnt mean created by Sakurai, all the ones tajiri and Sugimori created made it into Smash. he didnt design every pokemon but only ones he did design have made it into smash

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not that it's really going to make a difference, but what other pokemon did Tajiri create? Did he create Zoroark?

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I think sugimori illustrated the original 151 and created pichu and lucario

yep he's also been working on Smash since the beggining it looks like

@Scoliosis Jones no one claims to be the creater of Zoroark but Sugimori was the leading character designer for Black and White so maybe

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I used to think a new Pokemon was mandatory because they would bring a new moveset to the table. But if Mewtwo came back with a new moveset instead, it's essentially gaining a newcomer and a veteran for the price of one. He's not a 'new guy,' per se, but let's be honest: he's far more popular now than whatever new character the Pokemon Company could shell out, and undoubtedly much cooler to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom