• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina Combo Thread (WIP)

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Well what happens is when they DI at death %s, you have to read the DI and pre-emptively move yourself towards them, then if they airdodge, welp. Luckily if you read the DI they can't jump away.
Yeah, it's much harder to punish the DI the further your detached Luma is. The closest you can get to the opponent beforehand is when you're doing the combo from an attached Luma jab.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

I swear, ever since Ken got his combo dubbed the "Ken combo" back in the Melee days, so many people have tried to put their name on a combo or another.

I don't like it being called the "Shanoa combo". I prefer to call it the "Rosie drinks your tears combo".
Haha, I wasn't the one who named it that. It's probably the easiest thing to go with when naming a combo because you can't really take the AT approach.

Not saying that I don't support it being named after me though. xD

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I swear, ever since Ken got his combo dubbed the "Ken combo" back in the Melee days, so many people have tried to put their name on a combo or another.

I don't like it being called the "Shanoa combo". I prefer to call it the "Rosie drinks your tears combo".

Bit disappointing that you can DI the Luma uair, although it's not too surprising in retrospect.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Honestly, it annoys me a bit to see the combo named after you just because I've already been doing this in tournies post Apex on stream way before you put up the vid.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Honestly, it annoys me a bit to see the combo named after you just because I've already been doing this in tournies post Apex on stream way before you put up the vid.
Idk if you seen my situational combo thread but you can see where Shanoa brings it up before the thread. I named it the Shanoa combo so he'd get credit for tech that he shared.

I've seen other players get tech they've developed stolen from them in other games and they never really got the credit they deserve. I want to create an environment where people are comfortable sharing their tech within the community. We all play the sa.e character and should be pushing her metagame.

I did see you using it on stream however I figured you did what I've seen other top players do.

@Warlock*G@

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Not sure if I'm reading this correctly but I've actually been using this combo after I discovered it during my first Smash 4 tournament (a 3DS tournament in November), I only started talking about it in March 12th where I felt like sharing with the boards because it didn't seem like anyone discovered it yet.

Anyway, I'm not against any new names if it's necessary. If you have one; feel free to post it.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Up-air kill combo? IDK. It just bugs me to dub the combo after your name when it was already a thing found and showcased on stream by -at least- one other person. You don't see me calling down-tilt -> luma warp -> fsmash the "Dabuz combo".

Castell

Smash Rookie
NNID
Castell
3DS FC
5172-2314-1551
Naming a combo after yourself? Seriously? Unless you start dominating years of competitive smash with this combo, there's no reason for you to have that kind of prestige.

As for the actual combo, it's only inescapable at certain percents (without even considering DI) and in almost all cases, getting the F-Smash tip with Luma will kill earlier and more reliably. I suppose if you're trying to mix people up, you could go for Luma Warp-> Buffered up-air-> and jump towards them for a forward air at earlier percents, but at higher percents F-Smash is way better as it'll put people offstage and let us edge guard.

(LL Bair)-> (B-reversed) Luma Warp-> F-Smash at high percents (70-140%) for the kill depending on how close to the edge the opponent is.
Luma Warp -> Jab Combo at low percents for damage.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Naming a combo after yourself? Seriously? Unless you start dominating years of competitive smash with this combo, there's no reason for you to have that kind of prestige.

As for the actual combo, it's only inescapable at certain percents (without even considering DI) and in almost all cases, getting the F-Smash tip with Luma will kill earlier and more reliably. I suppose if you're trying to mix people up, you could go for Luma Warp-> Buffered up-air-> and jump towards them for a forward air at earlier percents, but at higher percents F-Smash is way better as it'll put people offstage and let us edge guard.

(LL Bair)-> (B-reversed) Luma Warp-> F-Smash at high percents (70-140%) for the kill depending on how close to the edge the opponent is.
I wasn't the one who started named it the Shanoa Combo, people started calling it that as we lacked a name at the time. Sorry. :/

Luma Warp > F-Smash is definitely more reliable, but the purpose of the Uair combo is to kill earlier at the center of the stage or stages with wider blastzones.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion

Seriously? Unless you start dominating years of competitive smash boards, then there is no reason for you to make comments like that. Learn to read. He did not name it after himself. Besides, where do you get off telling people whether or not they deserve a combo named after themselves? Most of the time it is not because of "the level of prestige" but because they created it, or at least brought the deserved attention to it.

There was no official name for the combo, he was the one that brought significant attention to it. It was easier to just call it the Shanoa combo rather than to explain it as the combo that Shanoa brought to Smashboards.

I wasn't the one who started named it the Shanoa Combo, people started calling it that as we lacked a name at the time. Sorry. :/

Luma Warp > F-Smash is definitely more reliable, but the purpose of the Uair combo is to kill earlier at the center of the stage or stages with wider blastzones.
You have no reason to be sorry. People get upset because they don't have a combo named after themselves.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Up-air kill combo? IDK. It just bugs me to dub the combo after your name when it was already a thing found and showcased on stream by -at least- one other person. You don't see me calling down-tilt -> luma warp -> fsmash the "Dabuz combo".

He didn't name the combo after himself I did. Because he shared the tech back in March. If it was a thing before that no one bothered to post about it. So please get off the BS. Interestingly enough when I watched dabuz's hour long guide the combo wasn't included. ....but it's old news alreadu on stream? FOH woth that noise there's no reason to give Shanoa crap for the name of the combo. He shared his tech in my thread and when I included it the first page I named it after him.

You guys are extremely petty small people.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I guess it might be a hard option to use, but cant the buffed hit on fair possibly catch anyone airdodging to send them up for the kill?, just a theory

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
I guess it might be a hard option to use, but cant the buffed hit on fair possibly catch anyone airdodging to send them up for the kill?, just a theory
Probably. There are definitely mixups and ways to punish their escapes. If they DI upwards or away from you, you can try and throw them off with a Usmash/Jab 2 > Sweetspot U-Tilt or Fsmash which could kill them even earlier if you predict their DI.

Castell

Smash Rookie
NNID
Castell
3DS FC
5172-2314-1551

Well now I feel like a massive jerk. Honestly, to me it's incredibly pretentious to name something after youself. If I had known that bit, I wouldn't have been so mean. So, sorry if I made you upset.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don't see why people are getting worked up over the name, it seems tentative anyway and the real important thing is that someone is going out of their way to spread this in the first place, which nobody else has done. I think I did this myself few times, but I didn't take particular notice to it and didn't try to implement it into my play style. That will change now though, as my play style does involve a lot of Luma separation and catching people with his jab as he speeds around the map, so I could work this in very easily and naturally.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Well now I feel like a massive jerk. Honestly, to me it's incredibly pretentious to name something after youself. If I had known that bit, I wouldn't have been so mean. So, sorry if I made you upset.
It's alright man, I just assumed that you were not aware so I didn't really get upset over it. I probably would've had the same reaction as you. xD

Thanks for the apology.

Don't see why people are getting worked up over the name, it seems tentative anyway and the real important thing is that someone is going out of their way to spread this in the first place, which nobody else has done. I think I did this myself few times, but I didn't take particular notice to it and didn't try to implement it into my play style. That will change now though, as my play style does involve a lot of Luma separation and catching people with his jab as he speeds around the map, so I could work this in very easily and naturally.
Yeah, I have been using this a lot as a mixup but it really only came to my attention once I found out that Luma jab cancels can true combo. I was really surprised when I looked around because I expected it to have been discovered already.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
It occurs to me that this isn't the first time Luma jab cancels have led to what was first thought to be something cool but then more testing showed it wasn't all that and a bag of chips. Remember when Luma's 1-2-1-2-1-2-etc. was thought to be an infinite?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah Luma has one of my favourite jabs in the game. He has a lot of neat jab cancel and jab lock tricks that can be used to tack on a lot of extra damage, especially in combination with Rosalina's. Not to mention both of their jabs have KO potential.

There is a jab lock trick I have been experimenting with occasionally that I have not seen posted anywhere but I don't want to talk about it much at all until I work out the kinks. Being in college makes it difficult to run a lot of tests I've wanted to for a long time.

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
Hello! I go by Khakis and I am a Rosalina main in NYC. I am very interested in exploring true combos in this game. I had some time to lab it up and decided to do a quick study of when characters get true combo'd by up-throw into up-tilt. This is a frustrating combo to drop for sure because of the long endlag of Up-tilt. The roster in this game is rather sizable so the dream for me is to be able to have lists for all of my combos on my phone and just be able to check when my combos will work on my opponents mid-tournament. If there are any other Rosalina true combos you'd like to explore I'd be happy to make more lists like this one.

Here are some quick notes before we get to the list:

• :4kirby: and :4jigglypuff: will never get true combo'd by this at any percents.

• The combo will never be a true combo at 0% on any character.

• Everyone but the balloons will get combo'd by this between 10% and 13%, that range increases from 10 - 16% if you exclude :4ness: Those are your sweet spot percentages where you can go for this combo without hesitation against any character.

• All percents shown are the percentage the opponent would have before the throw connects.

Without further ado. Here is the list, in character select screen order.

:4mario: 4-25%
:4luigi:4-16%
:4peach: 8-17%
:4bowser:7-28%
:4yoshi: 9-18%
:rosalina: 7-17%
:4bowserjr:4-35%
:4wario:5-21%
:4dk: 6-43%
:4diddy: 4-37%
:4gaw: 3-14%
:4littlemac: 4-39%
:4link: 5-44%
:4zelda: 8-18%
:4sheik: 4-37%
:4ganondorf: 5-45%
:4tlink: 8-17%
:4samus: 10-38%
:4zss:4-35%
:4pit: 4-37%
:4palutena:4-21%
:4marth: 4-38%
:4myfriends:5-47%
:4robinm:4-39%
:4duckhunt: 4-32%
:4dedede:6-47%
:4metaknight: 3-31%
:4fox: 3-34%
:4falco:4-34%
:4pikachu:4-15%
:4charizard: 5-23%
:4lucario:5-37%
:4greninja:4-34%
:4rob:5-42%
:4ness: 9-13%
:4falcon: 5-52%
:4villager: 9-18%
:4olimar: 7-16%
:4alph: Ω-Σ%
:4wiifit:4-18%
:4shulk:5-42%
:4drmario:4-24%
:4darkpit:4-38%
:4lucina:4-36%
:4pacman:9-18%
:4megaman: 5-41%
:4sonic: 5-23%
:4mewtwo: 3-23
:4miibrawl: 4-31%
:4miigun: 4-26%
:4miisword: 4-29%

I hope you all find this useful! I'd appreciate any comments/feedback as this is my first time doing a data dump like this.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Thanks! Would be nice having that guaranteed damage against opponents smart enough to DI out of her other throw setups.

Have you spent any time looking at the other possible followups from up throw ( Up smash / up air )? Would be interesting seeing the different percents where these other options might be more ideal.

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
wow this is pretty useful, but what does it mean by omega to sigma for alph, same as oli?

Last edited:

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
This post brought an old thought of mine back to the front of my thoughts: an easily accessible smash app. If I knew how to make one on my own (or had the time to learn), I would start now. But I sadly don't. If someone does, however, I'd love to help wherever I could. I have a few ideas for what it could be like so, if someone knows how to make an app, pm me.

moxiethekid

Smash Rookie
NNID
moxiethekid
Excellent guide, thanks for putting in the time and effort for this. Definitely gonna favorite. Keep up the good work

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Thanks! Would be nice having that guaranteed damage against opponents smart enough to DI out of her other throw setups.

Have you spent any time looking at the other possible followups from up throw ( Up smash / up air )? Would be interesting seeing the different percents where these other options might be more ideal.
w/ DI I think it would negate most of this list, because only the weakspot of luma's utilt would connect.

uthrow > uair w/ and w/o DI would take some time but its been an interest of mine to do a list. maybe if i get some time i'll work on it next weekend
uthrow usmash never combos i dont think, it can be jumped out of, but with like ganondorf it's a 50/50 type deal, he could downB or he might air dodge and i can charge up an upsmash, it's a great mixup option because most people air dodge right after the uthrow because htey expect uair or utilt.

something else of note is w/ di away luigi can nair to negate luma's hitbox and hit rosalina, so uthrow utilt is a bad option vs luigi, im assuming other chars w/ fast nairs can do this

Last edited:

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
From my training mode experience I never really see any of rosalina's other options combo out of Up-throw.

I do recall that Up-Throw into multi jab was a combo mentioned in Dabuz's Rosalina guide. I can check for true combo percentages on that but from my experience (more intuition really) it may not true combo on nearly as much of the cast as u-throw up-tilt if it even true combos at all. That will probably be my next data project because the damage potential from this is too good to pass up and it should be a quick affair (as it most certainly does not work on most of the cast).

Another worthy exercise that I thought of would be to explore the logical converse of this. When other character's "standard combos" work on Rosalina. If we could compile a list of combos from the cast that give you trouble I'd be more than happy to see if/when they true combo Rosa.

Let me know your thoughts!

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
We need a spreadsheet of combos for and against rosa and percents and all. That'll take a long time to compile but if we can get that...
EDIT: also, if you need help testing, Im available on 3ds.

Last edited:

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
From my training mode experience I never really see any of rosalina's other options combo out of Up-throw.

I do recall that Up-Throw into multi jab was a combo mentioned in Dabuz's Rosalina guide. I can check for true combo percentages on that but from my experience (more intuition really) it may not true combo on nearly as much of the cast as u-throw up-tilt if it even true combos at all. That will probably be my next data project because the damage potential from this is too good to pass up and it should be a quick affair (as it most certainly does not work on most of the cast).

Another worthy exercise that I thought of would be to explore the logical converse of this. When other character's "standard combos" work on Rosalina. If we could compile a list of combos from the cast that give you trouble I'd be more than happy to see if/when they true combo Rosa.

Let me know your thoughts!
The Dabuz combo sprang to mind with me aswell, however doesn't that only work on fast fallers? If it's a legit setup it can deal a lot of damage though.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
What combo are you referring to specifically?
uthrow to spin jab, and hes right, its fast fallers only and finnicky. its heavily percent dependent and ive seen foxes immediately powershield it. still, its amazing, one of her best combos.

i discovered a new true combo recently which surprised the heck outta me. dthrow to perfect pivot rar bair, does 20 something dmg if both rosa n luma hit. its her hardest combo ive seen, but its great. found it works on mewtwo at 0 percent, fast fallers at higher percents. (i should clarify i dont fully understand how to do it every time, its either a perfect pivot or a rar, or something inbetwen. maybe i can do a video tonight)

Last edited:

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
Ah of course the up-throw into Multijab.

i was doing lab work with it yesterday and got a 10 hit combo on falcon that combo'd from the throw at 0%.

It is a tricky combo however. Its not the easiest to get Jab1 into mashed out multijab and have everything combo so writing up an analysis for it will be contingent upon me being able to execute the multijab with perfect timing.

EDIT: I debunked myself. Up-throw into Jab 1 will never true combo on any member of the cast at any percentages. Therefore Up throw into Jab 1 into Multijab is not a true combo. There may be a few exceptions still, I can't honestly say that I've tested this on the whole cast at every percent, but I'm not seeing this true combo work at all.

I think my next project will instead be to look at optimal LL Nair2 folowups.

Last edited:

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
Hey one more combo that I like to use is LL Bair ->Luma warp(jab reset) ->charge Fsmash/Usmash

EDIT: Oh and also back hit of LL Nair -> aerial luma warp -> what ever aerial you please

EDIT2: ooooh. I just tried LL Nair -> almost any rosa aerial
at high percents, it sends the opponent up so you can hit them with any rosa aerial but Uair.
Also, back hit LL Nair-> Fsmash/Usmash(higher percents)/jab/Dsmash(low percents)
careful with the Fsmash one though: if you fire it too early but It hits them, they'll go back wards and end up behind you

If you test the trueness of any of the above combos, test the first one (pretty much only have to test up to the warp bc its a jab reset. They're stuck at that point lol)

Last edited:

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
Hey one more combo that I like to use is LL Bair ->Luma warp(jab reset) ->charge Fsmash/Usmash

EDIT: Oh and also back hit of LL Nair -> aerial luma warp -> what ever aerial you please

EDIT2: ooooh. I just tried LL Nair -> almost any rosa aerial
at high percents, it sends the opponent up so you can hit them with any rosa aerial but Uair.
Also, back hit LL Nair-> Fsmash/Usmash(higher percents)/jab/Dsmash(low percents)
careful with the Fsmash one though: if you fire it too early but It hits them, they'll go back wards and end up behind you

If you test the trueness of any of the above combos, test the first one (pretty much only have to test up to the warp bc its a jab reset. They're stuck at that point lol)
This is all good stuff. However one cannot test the true-comboness of a lock reset. As soon as an opponent is sent into knockdown they have the ability to act (i.e tech). So LL Bair into warp lock will never register as a true combo. Its totally avoidable by teching! But my god if they don't tech they get rekt so its a technique worth mastering.

The only thing you mentioned worth checking the true combo-ness of is LL Nair2 into Follow-up. LL Nair2 creates this great amount of hitsun where you can follow up with almost anything. I would be happy to make a LL Nair2 combo list similar to the one above, showing percent ranges. That certainly seems worth knowing. I think I'd probably make my research about what the "best followup" is at each percent. It would be fairly subjective and I'd probably just list the most damage you could get at each percent from a center stage flat position but I think would be a useful exercise.

And I'd like to make a guide about lock setups as well. This one has to be more of a guide cuz you run into some crazy problems. For example D-tilt into luma warp into F-smash never works on Luigi cuz he has so much traction that he actually just slips too far for the F-smash to connect. You can still hit him out of the lock with a dash attack though. In the past two days I've been labbing out lock setups a lot and they are as lethal as they are practical.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Grab release mechanics for all characters:

Ground release 29F
Air release 39F

This means that while nothing is guaranteed off a ground release (grab releasing an opponent is also 29F), Rosalina has a +10 frame advantage when air releasing an opponent. Generally speaking, grab release combos don't exist in Smash 4, as closing the distance and putting out an attack in that 10 frame window is impossible for any individual character, save Marth/Lucina with their Crescent Slash custom (and in their case they can just fthrow into it instead, but that's tangential). However, with Rosalina we have the ability to place Luma so that he is in position to attack instantly for us! This thread will aim to explore the options this gives us.

Characters we can air release on level ground:
:4mario::4luigi::4yoshi::4bowserjr::4wario2::4gaw::4tlink::4kirby::4metaknight::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4ness::4villagerf::4olimar::4drmario:

Important notes:
- Rosalina's jumpsquat is 5 frames, uair and nair are Luma's only aerials that will come out before frame 10 (both will be active frame 8).
- Not all characters are grab released the same way, combos may not apply to certain characters.
- Training arena's combo counter is buggy with grab releases and will say a combo is guaranteed even if it isn't, combos must be verified manually.

Confirmed combos
Grab release>
utilt
- Pitiful damage

Grab release>
uair>:rosalina:uair

- Allows Rosalina to KO off a grab!

Unconfirmed combos
N/A

Non-guaranteed strings
Grab release>
usmash
- Can be escaped by buffering an airdodge (or double jump?), but the window to escape is small and airdodges can be punished by charging the usmash.

Last edited:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I'm excited this subject is being brought up, that video of you doing the uair to uair out of grab release is promising. I'd guess it's escapable with DI but I'm thinking if Rosa guess their DI right she can meet them in the air at the right spot. Nice find! What percent was MK at there?

Grab release into usmash should be escaped with a double jump but I could be wrong. *I actually don't think characters get their second jump if grab released after using it so that's a possibility.

Bair should work too, it's frame 3? Wait, no, now I know why you said uair, because the frame data I posted was wrong, I had swapped bair and uair. Huh, oops.

So on paper, nothing else would really be guaranteed right? Except maybe on larger characters like bowser, maybe you can do something with luma's grounded attacks other than utilt. The trick is getting bowser to do an air release which is possible if Luma is separated and you input the dash attack+grab desync thing and Luma is in the right place, that seems to force an air release because Luma's dash attack pops them briefly into the air when Rosalina grabs them.

Last edited:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Apologize for the quality:

I've known about this for 6 months or so and I've been sitting on it, but I decided to go ahead and share. Luma's forward air sends opponents pretty close to straight up and Rosalina can double jump fast enough to reach them before their hitstun ends if she autocancels the Luma fair. This leads to guaranteed kills off the top around 80%-100% depending on character, rage, and move staling. DI can be followed fairly easily, and it's usually possible to hit with both Rosalina and Luma's uair, resulting in a 3 hit combo.

The trick is actually hitting with the forward air. It's a pretty small hitbox but you have a lot of options. I'll just throw out a couple approaches I use.

SH rising dair to autocancel Luma, covers rolls, if the dair doesn't hit you can hit them with the fair and chase, as sh rising dair autocancels every luma aerial besides uair.

SH delayed air dodge into fair. You cancel your air dodge landing lag with a Luma aerial. The latest you can air dodge and still do an autocanceled luma aerial is just a tiny bit before the peak of your SH.

I don't have video to demonstrate it but this last one is an important technique that probably should get it's own thread, but since history has shown I have a tendency to just lump a whole bunch of things into one thread and write the longest sentences possible, here we go. Auto dash luma autocancels. Simply jump, hold the direction you want to be running when you land, and flick the cstick for the desired aerial for luma right before landing. This means you can RUN with a back air or forward towards your opponent automatically, without having to time it out. It's extremely good.

Anyways I'd love to hear your ideas on ways to approach with Luma's autocanceled forward air, that's partially why I'm here posting it. I've hit a bit of a dead end! It's a kill combo off a lagless aerial, which sounds amazing on paper, but I can't always land the forward air.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm excited this subject is being brought up, that video of you doing the uair to uair out of grab release is promising. I'd guess it's escapable with DI but I'm thinking if Rosa guess their DI right she can meet them in the air at the right spot. Nice find! What percent was MK at there?

Grab release into usmash should be escaped with a double jump but I could be wrong. *I actually don't think characters get their second jump if grab released after using it so that's a possibility.

Bair should work too, it's frame 3? Wait, no, now I know why you said uair, because the frame data I posted was wrong, I had swapped bair and uair. Huh, oops.

So on paper, nothing else would really be guaranteed right? Except maybe on larger characters like bowser, maybe you can do something with luma's grounded attacks other than utilt. The trick is getting bowser to do an air release which is possible if Luma is separated and you input the dash attack+grab desync thing and Luma is in the right place, that seems to force an air release because Luma's dash attack pops them briefly into the air when Rosalina grabs them.
MK was at 80% in the gif iirc. I also just noticed I did the first uair later than what's actually possible, I'm quite confident it's legit now.

If anything else is guaranteed it'd be situational stuff I think, or possibly there'd be stuff on characters that can be air released but aren't normally, like you said. I'd like to think there are more things I'm missing though, even if it's situational stuff like Luma bouncing then grab releasing into
dsmash.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
In training mode USmash registers as a true combo, is that an error of the counter?
It is. The combo counter is buggy with grab releases and will consider any hit before the opponent touches the ground a combo.

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
This is all good stuff. However one cannot test the true-comboness of a lock reset. As soon as an opponent is sent into knockdown they have the ability to act (i.e tech). So LL Bair into warp lock will never register as a true combo. Its totally avoidable by teching! But my god if they don't tech they get rekt so its a technique worth mastering.

The only thing you mentioned worth checking the true combo-ness of is LL Nair2 into Follow-up. LL Nair2 creates this great amount of hitsun where you can follow up with almost anything. I would be happy to make a LL Nair2 combo list similar to the one above, showing percent ranges. That certainly seems worth knowing. I think I'd probably make my research about what the "best followup" is at each percent. It would be fairly subjective and I'd probably just list the most damage you could get at each percent from a center stage flat position but I think would be a useful exercise.

And I'd like to make a guide about lock setups as well. This one has to be more of a guide cuz you run into some crazy problems. For example D-tilt into luma warp into F-smash never works on Luigi cuz he has so much traction that he actually just slips too far for the F-smash to connect. You can still hit him out of the lock with a dash attack though. In the past two days I've been labbing out lock setups a lot and they are as lethal as they are practical.
Couple things
1) what is the lag on teching? Could we punish the tech as well? I forgot that if they tech, the jab lock doesn't work. Whoops
2) the LL Nair2 into follow-up is pretty good. .
3) do you mean Luigi has too little traction

Top Bottom