• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling taunt parties one room at a time; A Guide

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
lol it is same thing applies when you attack the "weakest link(no not the character to those new to the game)" of the taunt party, many of those taunters are really eager to fight others. Its just pretty interesting some taunters "morale boost" or get motivated to fight when theres a fellow taunter thats good at the game fighting the crasher (being the "hero") however if they were alone you would never catch them behaving in such manner unless they do a simple "hit and run" or "smash and flee" to the safety of the other side of the map.
That is a true fact.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Yea I often do the same as Insetick. But as soon as there is another person, a taunt party is inevitable. Although it is true that many taunters truly want to fight, i wouldn't be surprised if many start taunt parties for nothing other than to team up on someone.

Whats frustrating at times is when someone is completely oblivious to a team effort. Two people who are "taunters" won't touch each other teaming up on the other two, and the guy i'm with is just too stunned to realize whats happening. Most often these people are very much in the newb category, and don't really recognize the group dynamic which is all too apparent to me. But i guess a stunned out newb is better than a taunter who will just join the team.

Overall tho it is quite sad how badly overrun basic brawl is by taunt parties. Worse part is that it is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. As i'm sure there are countless people who get the game, go try out the wifi, meet a taunt party, get 3v1'd and then never bother with it again. I think this is the biggest shame of taunt parties is that they are so alienating. "But its just for the lulz" is a pile of BS, its little more than inane behaviour by sad people who think they are special or elite cause they can hyrule jump using PSI magnet, or glide indefinitely using MK or some other pointless display of "skill".

Wifi may be horrible on this game and taunt parties just make it worse. Which makes this one of the few threads which might actually improve Wifi.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Yea I often do the same as Insetick. But as soon as there is another person, a taunt party is inevitable. Although it is true that many taunters truly want to fight, i wouldn't be surprised if many start taunt parties for nothing other than to team up on someone.

Whats frustrating at times is when someone is completely oblivious to a team effort. Two people who are "taunters" won't touch each other teaming up on the other two, and the guy i'm with is just too stunned to realize whats happening. Most often these people are very much in the newb category, and don't really recognize the group dynamic which is all too apparent to me. But i guess a stunned out newb is better than a taunter who will just join the team.

Overall tho it is quite sad how badly overrun basic brawl is by taunt parties. Worse part is that it is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. As i'm sure there are countless people who get the game, go try out the wifi, meet a taunt party, get 3v1'd and then never bother with it again. I think this is the biggest shame of taunt parties is that they are so alienating. "But its just for the lulz" is a pile of BS, its little more than inane behaviour by sad people who think they are special or elite cause they can hyrule jump using PSI magnet, or glide indefinitely using MK or some other pointless display of "skill".

Wifi may be horrible on this game and taunt parties just make it worse. Which makes this one of the few threads which might actually improve Wifi.
Why do you bother making such long posts when nobody gives a crap what you think?

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
@ AAP
Youll be surprised how many good brawlers are online on basic brawl. Believe me its funny how the majority of the good brawlers are the ones that are in the taunt parties believe it or not

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
there are no taunt parties in my country because there are nearly nobody online. And none wants to wait 5 hours for a single game. Problem solved ^^

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Cant we all just get along like the fellow mature members we are and capable of being

AAP

Smash Journeyman
@ AAP
Youll be surprised how many good brawlers are online on basic brawl. Believe me its funny how the majority of the good brawlers are the ones that are in the taunt parties believe it or not
oh i know that's how it is, and it is the saddest part IMO.

now in an attempt to not feed the trolls all i'll say is this: accuse me of troll'n if u want, but i try to at least say something of use.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
oh i know that's how it is, and it is the saddest part IMO.

now in an attempt to not feed the trolls all i'll say is this: accuse me of troll'n if u want, but i try to at least say something of use.
Look, every single one of your posts in Online is basically "I hate taunt parties!!!!:mad::mad:" hidden behind some big post. Every time you see someone else who doesn't like taunt parties, you swoop in and say "lol yeah this guy knows what hes talking about". You never post "something of use" and if anyone's feeding the trolls, I am.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I find the crashers will usually go for the two that are teamed up because the teamed up players will have a better chance of winning.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I find the crashers will usually go for the two that are teamed up because the teamed up players will have a better chance of winning.
I think the crashers tend to fight the better taunters until they get the point that the good taunter out skills him and then would try and get easy kills by attacking the weakest link of the taunters and once gaining the necessary points would use guerrilla tactics and run around the stage to earn that win.

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
I think the crashers tend to fight the better taunters until they get the point that the good taunter out skills him and then would try and get easy kills by attacking the weakest link of the taunters and once gaining the necessary points would use guerrilla tactics and run around the stage to earn that win.
Only smart crashers do that most that i play just run to the taunt party and lose over and over
well you get the idea.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Only smart crashers do that most that i play just run to the taunt party and lose over and over
well you get the idea.
Yeah well for some reason I have this magnetic pull for bringing great players to fight (the majority of the time). Ive probably played some of these people on basic brawl at least once :ohwell:

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
A good Crasher doesn't really take on all 3 Partyists unless all 3 of them are weaker than the Crasher combined. It's sad how often that is. But there's always the chance of at least one of the Partyists having the same skill level or higher than the Crasher. That's when the Crasher needs to take advantage of stages, items, and oppertunities for a quick kill.

I think Crashers might have the hardest time getting victories. They can win the first match easily with tricks, but it gets harder as the Partyists figure out what the Crashers are up to. To most Partyists, victory can even mean just camping until Sudden Death and getting lucky with the dropping Bomb-Ombs.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
A good Crasher doesn't really take on all 3 Partyists unless all 3 of them are weaker than the Crasher combined. It's sad how often that is. But there's always the chance of at least one of the Partyists having the same skill level or higher than the Crasher. That's when the Crasher needs to take advantage of stages, items, and oppertunities for a quick kill.

I think Crashers might have the hardest time getting victories. They can win the first match easily with tricks, but it gets harder as the Partyists figure out what the Crashers are up to. To most Partyists, victory can even mean just camping until Sudden Death and getting lucky with the dropping Bomb-Ombs.
I believe those "tricks" only work on the new taunters. The more experienced taunters usually pick smaller stages or have the smaller stages picked for their random selection. This eliminates many of the "tricks" and more swift blows against the crasher

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman

Also more experienced taunters just jab the one with the highest damage so they can kill themselves come back jab the one that jabbed them and guess what every Partyist is back at O% with the crasher with no kills.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Also more experienced taunters just jab the one with the highest damage so they can kill themselves come back jab the one that jabbed them and guess what every Partyist is back at O% with the crasher with no kills.
*raises hand* haha yeah I do that quite a lot if I trust the person. Since I'm a Zelda..and especially over 80%, we just jab each other and run off the edge lol. It's hard for me to actually like someone though. Taunters need to learn how to not rush in every time. Especially if it's an ike or snake or someone. It works great if they're is one on the crasher, someone right by ready to pounce if needed, and someone at the corner if they get tossed in that direction. I could play those types of brawls all day.

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
*raises hand* haha yeah I do that quite a lot if I trust the person. Since I'm a Zelda..and especially over 80%, we just jab each other and run off the edge lol. It's hard for me to actually like someone though. Taunters need to learn how to not rush in every time. Especially if it's an ike or snake or someone. It works great if they're is one on the crasher, someone right by ready to pounce if needed, and someone at the corner if they get tossed in that direction. I could play those types of brawls all day.
I agree with the Ike and Snake they rush into things way to quickly and if that person is
experienced with Partyists. Just the other day there was an Ike, Toon link (Me) Zelda and Link (Crasher). The Ike went straight to the Link unfortunately for Ike the Link was really good KO'ed him in a matter of seconds. The Ike was so embarrassed that he went to the side of Final Destination and stayed there leaving me and Zelda to fight the Link.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the Ike and Snake they rush into things way to quickly and if that person is
experienced with Partyists. Just the other day there was an Ike, Toon link (Me) Zelda and Link (Crasher). The Ike went straight to the Link unfortunately for Ike the Link was really good KO'ed him in a matter of seconds. The Ike was so embarrassed that he went to the side of Final Destination and stayed there leaving me and Zelda to fight the Link.
When was this? Well the best moment in Basic Brawl that I had when I played again 3 excellent brawlers. It was once in a blue moon that it happen with us and lets just say it was a VERY fun match.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
i was being lucas and used psi magnet while the other taunter was healing me, then when i released the magnet i killed him by mistake with it D: then everyone started killing me :(

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Thats very unfortunate.
talk about it D:
all of the sudden i ended up being the crasher i didn't want to be :/
I kept getting all the smashballs though but that darn temple stage being so big makes the starstorms much less effective :(

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
Ive done that before but instead of attacking i just interrupted a crouching session with Ike and Peach and I became the crasher. Toon Link is useless when its a power and speed couple.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Some people get offended too easily. One time this Luigi tried to kill me in the "hiding spot" on sudden death... I thought he was a taunter. ( usually I dodge just in case they attack which he did ) so I killed him easily. Then in the next match I went up to him on FD and gave him like 30% damage in 10 seconds... his friend got offended so they kept teaming up on me. That match I won with like a +2...the next match I suicided when they hit me, then I would try to re-build our friendship. Yeah that didnt work out...and then I got disconnected before I beat them to death again.

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
Its not luck my fellow brawler, I just simply and on the hunt for an animal called "competition". Oh but toon link has better range then both Ike and Peach
Its elementary my good anonymous I didnt start out that good with Toon Link as I am now I recorded that a two years ago maybe erased because it got me made all the time.

Top Bottom