• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling taunt parties one room at a time; A Guide

Meccs

@Meccs_
I feel bad for the good players that try to save their buddies *****, they end up failing because of the other taunters interrupting everything.

****ing Dins Fire.
This times a million. "I'm trying to help you, your Din's Fire hits both of us, it's not helping me at all!". Makes me want to just go beat them up instead. Which I do :p

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I will only dins in a taunt party if the crasher is by himself after owning the other players, or if I'm REALLY mad at him haha. I know that dins can be SO frustrating for my fellow taunters, so I try not to use it much.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I will only dins in a taunt party if the crasher is by himself after owning the other players, or if I'm REALLY mad at him haha. I know that dins can be SO frustrating for my fellow taunters, so I try not to use it much.
I'm glad to know that SOME Zelda players are cautious enough about that, lol! As a Pikachu player, I also know not to use Thunder out of nowhere since people easily get angered by it. That, or the Party Crasher has a reflector. Basically, I'm also the Taunt Partyist that mostly runs and watches the action; only attacking in self-defense. It's silly. There have been many times when an enraged Party Crashers with high damage (usually above 100%) that have come to attack ME (and I should be REALLY low damaged for staying away from the fight and watching) instead addition to the person that he picked the fight with. What're you doing?! If you're rage quitting for being "ganged up on", blame it on yourself! :laugh:

But that's only my case. I know that Party Crashers get ganged up on anyway by at least 2 of the Taunt Partyists.

This situation also comes up, which is unusual. When I'm feeling uber friendly, I don't attack at all. I can get away with this since other Taunt Partyists are willing to defend me anyway. In some cases, Party Crashers end up not attacking me even if I'm at extremely high damage if I'm like this. Must be something to do with their "WiFi Code of Honor" or something. But the funnier thing is, if the other Taunt Partyists leave the Party Crasher and myself alone in the room, these things might happen:

1. The Party Crasher leaves as well.
2. The Party Crasher stays and there's an awkwardly calm match.
3. More players come in, and the Party Crasher ends up fighting them while defending or leaving me alone.

Some people are strange. :laugh:

AAP

Smash Journeyman
well as a constant party crasher my latest techniques i use is just to outlame them.

If i join and get sick of being ganged up on (cause lets face thats all most of you taunters are looking to do) i eventually just leave. i'll often just pick pink metaknight or the same character of whoevers trying the hardest to defend their precious taunt party and go AFC.

Much easier that way and i have the comfort of knowing that some poor newb isn't going to end up in that waste of a room in the middle of a gang beating. Then its just a matter of checking it every so often to see if the taunters are still beating your lifeless character around on screen. Which is sad to watch cause you can see that they want to fight but just can't seem to man up enough to do it fair. I think i may have even turned around a taunt party or two by crashing it hard then going AFC. Worse case scenario is that my glitchy internet will eventually disconnect at which time i just hope the whole room came down with it.

bit of a thread revival but theres been alot of junk threads around lately and this one is relevant to my interests. Not to mention the fact that the last couple posts aren't really about crashing taunt parties

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
well as a constant party crasher my latest techniques i use is just to outlame them.

If i join and get sick of being ganged up on (cause lets face thats all most of you taunters are looking to do) i eventually just leave. i'll often just pick pink metaknight or the same character of whoevers trying the hardest to defend their precious taunt party and go AFC.

Much easier that way and i have the comfort of knowing that some poor newb isn't going to end up in that waste of a room in the middle of a gang beating. Then its just a matter of checking it every so often to see if the taunters are still beating your lifeless character around on screen. Which is sad to watch cause you can see that they want to fight but just can't seem to man up enough to do it fair. I think i may have even turned around a taunt party or two by crashing it hard then going AFC. Worse case scenario is that my glitchy internet will eventually disconnect at which time i just hope the whole room came down with it.

bit of a thread revival but theres been alot of junk threads around lately and this one is relevant to my interests. Not to mention the fact that the last couple posts aren't really about crashing taunt parties
Way to bump a month-old topic. Hope you get infracted...

AAP

Smash Journeyman
topic's still relevant no point in restarting a thread when this one's perfectly fine.

But i can't help but wonder if my post was Pro-Taunt Party if your post might have been different.

and besides, are you worried there might not be enough room in this forum for the weekly "Wifi Sux" threads or perhaps we need to save room for another dandy thread like this ( http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266147 ) cause I'm pretty sure by my interpretation of the rules that monstrosity has tonnes of infractable posts. Actually to split hairs you should be the one receiving an infraction for an irrelevant post, when as outlined by SWF Global Rules Version 6.0 it is preferable to revive an old thread (within 6 months) as oppose to create a duplicate.

OK? so here's how it is, you've got your thread on taunt parties, this is the one on Crashing them. One dominating aspect of WA online play, with two very distinct sides, makes sense we have two active threads? I'd prefer so.

So how bout you "Way to bump a month-old topic" somewhere else and maybe read the rules prior to accusing someone of breaking them.

Meanwhile.... anybody ever find that no matter what room you join, you really can't help but feel like you've already played against them. I swear there were a few opponents lately that I'm sure they had to be the same person, same characters playstyle.They're good players and all but would rather run to the other side and crouch waiting for you to do the same.

Sometimes i'll just crouch once or twice, then hit them, then crouch a bunch like i'm sorry just to nail them again. I do it mockingly, I want them to know that I know what they're trying to do and i don't want anything to do with it. Hope it works.
Any other suggestions that might help me get my point across?

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Trying to get your point across by crouching then hitting them is not getting your point across. To me, you are pretending to be a taunt partier, and then hitting them afterward to be an ***... I wouldn't do that... you simply run up to them and attack a random person..then we know who you are and you're not cheating that way. That's what I think anyway, don't mean to be offensive.
I'm glad to know that SOME Zelda players are cautious enough about that, lol! As a Pikachu player, I also know not to use Thunder out of nowhere since people easily get angered by it. That, or the Party Crasher has a reflector. Basically, I'm also the Taunt Partyist that mostly runs and watches the action; only attacking in self-defense. It's silly. There have been many times when an enraged Party Crashers with high damage (usually above 100%) that have come to attack ME (and I should be REALLY low damaged for staying away from the fight and watching) instead addition to the person that he picked the fight with. What're you doing?! If you're rage quitting for being "ganged up on", blame it on yourself! :laugh:

But that's only my case. I know that Party Crashers get ganged up on anyway by at least 2 of the Taunt Partyists.

This situation also comes up, which is unusual. When I'm feeling uber friendly, I don't attack at all. I can get away with this since other Taunt Partyists are willing to defend me anyway. In some cases, Party Crashers end up not attacking me even if I'm at extremely high damage if I'm like this. Must be something to do with their "WiFi Code of Honor" or something. But the funnier thing is, if the other Taunt Partyists leave the Party Crasher and myself alone in the room, these things might happen:

1. The Party Crasher leaves as well.
2. The Party Crasher stays and there's an awkwardly calm match.
3. More players come in, and the Party Crasher ends up fighting them while defending or leaving me alone.

Some people are strange. :laugh:
LOL, you are the rare type of taunt partier that is awesome to play with. Plus you're pikachu and friendly pikachus are Zelda's pets :) There has to be more people that stay back... I like taunt parties where people have turns.. like each time someone Ko's them, usually the crasher is a n00b when doing this, the taunters take turns. I usually leave if the party is unorganized... it's not fun when you get KO'd by Ike 3 times a match.

Sorry for the bump if people care, I wanted to respond to someone who responded to me long ago.

LOL, you are the rare type of taunt partier that is awesome to play with. Plus you're pikachu and friendly pikachus are Zelda's pets :) There has to be more people that stay back... I like taunt parties where people have turns.. like each time someone Ko's them, usually the crasher is a n00b when doing this, the taunters take turns. I usually leave if the party is unorganized... it's not fun when you get KO'd by Ike 3 times a match.

Sorry for the bump if people care, I wanted to respond to someone who responded to me long ago.
Same here, instead of all charging and some of us accidentally KO our buddies, we take turns.
If Pikas are Zelda's pets, then what are MKs?Zelda's little knight in shining armor whom was destined to protect her :/?

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
MKights, Marths, Ikes, Links... they're all Zelda's warriors haha...unless I'm better then them which I usually am... except marths...srsly every single marth online is amazing... haha.

MKights, Marths, Ikes, Links... they're all Zelda's warriors haha...unless I'm better then them which I usually am... except marths...srsly every single marth online is amazing... haha.
I usually protect the girl players if they're not much of fighters in taunt parties with my Meta-tasticness :p but they're mostly Peaches... Zeldas and Samus' can protect themselves at times.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
most peach's on there usually suck haha.

Zelda doesn't mind protection too. ;)

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Trying to get your point across by crouching then hitting them is not getting your point across. To me, you are pretending to be a taunt partier, and then hitting them afterward to be an ***... I wouldn't do that... you simply run up to them and attack a random person..then we know who you are and you're not cheating that way. That's what I think anyway, don't mean to be offensive.
hey if that makes me an *** then perfect, that was kinda my point. I'm trying to be an *** so maybe the taunter can understand how much of an *** they are in my opinion, I want people to know i'm there to crash their party and that I'm not just another random person trying to just play basic brawl. Cheating is a funny word to use, considering that 9 of the 10 parties i crash end up in a 2v1 if not 3v1. Which is what i expect really, but to hear people on here talk like they go at a crasher one at a time. YEA RIGHT. It'd just be nice if some of you guys stop pretending you're out having a pacifistic good time when in all reality you're just itching to fight. But not 1v1, oh no, teams all the way. ITS THAT, that kills any credibility to taunt parties is that they're only taunt parties until someone joins who has a set. Happens all the time, i'll crash a party, maybe win a couple, probably get juggled around between 2-3 people. Then i'll just stop attacking and try to not fight anyone, but instead of everyone going back to the happy fun times taunt party most of the time i'm left with 3 people chasing me around the stage. Its a pretty simple concept really, its a fighting game , i you wanna fight, fight for crying out loud. Don't be such cowardly wimps that you all have to band together. Pathetic.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
When you pretend to be friendly and then attack, you're not saying "I hate you and all taunters!", you're saying "Hey look I'm a douche who needs to trick people to win!"

AAP

Smash Journeyman
its not that I'm doing it to win, besides it only works at the first and who's at kill percent at the start of a fight?

I'm doing it that way to start a fight, try to get a reaction. What else am i suppose to do beside straight up attack?

Taunt? cause that would've made sense to some people once upon a time.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
...If you want to fight, then just do it...just run up to anyone and start fighting as soon as the match starts, it's not very hard.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
You're saying he is cheating when you taunt spammers are going around juggling and pummeling people who want to fight? Personally, I think if he is "cheating" than you are no better than him.

hey if that makes me an *** then perfect, that was kinda my point. I'm trying to be an *** so maybe the taunter can understand how much of an *** they are in my opinion, I want people to know i'm there to crash their party and that I'm not just another random person trying to just play basic brawl. Cheating is a funny word to use, considering that 9 of the 10 parties i crash end up in a 2v1 if not 3v1. Which is what i expect really, but to hear people on here talk like they go at a crasher one at a time. YEA RIGHT. It'd just be nice if some of you guys stop pretending you're out having a pacifistic good time when in all reality you're just itching to fight. But not 1v1, oh no, teams all the way. ITS THAT, that kills any credibility to taunt parties is that they're only taunt parties until someone joins who has a set. Happens all the time, i'll crash a party, maybe win a couple, probably get juggled around between 2-3 people. Then i'll just stop attacking and try to not fight anyone, but instead of everyone going back to the happy fun times taunt party most of the time i'm left with 3 people chasing me around the stage. Its a pretty simple concept really, its a fighting game , i you wanna fight, fight for crying out loud. Don't be such cowardly wimps that you all have to band together. Pathetic.
Lets not go too far now. I know your mad and have trouble with taunt parties, but you're not gonna get taken seriously with that type of attitude.

Lets me just say this, I'm a taunt crasher, and I don't trick people. I just stated my opinion.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Just do what Dracospawn does...don't trick people. Whether you trick us or not, we'll still be happy to kick your *** haha.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
its not something i do all the time, its much more situational.

Chasing someone around temple sound familiar?
therefore, pretend to be a taunter fool them into letting you hit them hence trying to start a fight. If someone will just fight, I'll fight. But as many do, they just run around which is almost as bad as being teamed up on. Call me what you will, but as far as i see basic brawl is a place with few if any morals. If i join your room and don't like how i play, you guys can do the same thing you've told crashers to do from the start, drop out and go find another room.

pretty simple concept really, getting people fighting so they realize that it is what the games for. For me even better than making a whole taunt party leave is converting one over to a free for all.

@toadallstar: I don't give a **** if you kick my ***, considering it'd probably be a 3v1 (WOW! what skill). As long as nobody's taunting, i see that as a success.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
could be nastier, those censor stars almost make things seem more harsh than they actually are

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
True, true. To tell the the truth, I think it is rather exciting.

Anyway, onto the topic, something you can do in a taunt party is pretend to be AFK and watch. I do that at the beginning of every free for all. I remember a time were I pretended to be afk, then when a toon link was gonna grab the smash ball, I jumped up footstool jumped him and then grabbed it myself. Then I use diddy's FS and blasted them into next week.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
True, true. To tell the the truth, I think it is rather exciting.

Anyway, onto the topic, something you can do in a taunt party is pretend to be AFK and watch. I do that at the beginning of every free for all. I remember a time were I pretended to be afk, then when a toon link was gonna grab the smash ball, I jumped up footstool jumped him and then grabbed it myself. Then I use diddy's FS and blasted them into next week.
Careful about being AFK; other Party Crashers may end up going after you immediately for a "quick KO".

And if you already did the AFK trick once, and try it again next match, get ready for at least one suspcious Taunt Partyists to attack.

I think that an easier strategy to take out Taunt Partyist is to make them upset with eachother. If being chased, get next to other Partyists and see if they hit eachother on accident. You never know if one will get pissed off enough to just start fighting the other, regardless of apology.

So many things I've witnessed as a Taunt Partyist. From my point of view, it's easier to make Partyists betray eachother rather than fighting them all at once.

Funny how I'm saying this to Party Crashers, lol. Probably because I'm one of the few Taunt Partyists who doesn't fight at all and doesn't care about who wins the match. (If there's a Sudden Death, I just suicide no matter what.) If a crasher attacks me, I'll just KO myself. He/she'll will leave out of boredom eventually if I keep this act up, lol.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I started doing the AFK thing at first to just try and figure out why in the world people have taunt parties, then I got bored and figured i'd pounce on the first good opportunity. Now its something I'll do every so often, mostly if i've got other things on the go at the same time. It is fun to crash a party for a few matches then go AFK, just too see how involved they are with the 3v1 and whether they can manage to go back to taunting or just beat my lifeless character around.

It is true that you really can't do it more than once. As far as the surprise aspect goes, but alternating between AFK and crashing works for me at times.

As far as another crasher capitalizing by killing me, I'm kinda indifferent on that so long as he's harassing the party at the same time. Just repeat killing an AFK is kinda sad, but a strategy none the less.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Just repeat killing an AFK is kinda sad, but a strategy none the less.
Indeed. I always thought that people were only Party Crashing to raise their skills against multiple opponents, but I tend to forget that people don't know about Taunt Parties in the first place and just want to win no matter what. Or some Party Crashers just like to tick people off Taunt Partyists as much as some Partyists tend to tick off Crashers.

Some Partyists and Crashers overdo the annoying stuff and end up making EVERYONE in the room a little bothered, regardless of which side they're on (from KO stealing to grab releasing, you could end up annoying your own team).

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I started doing the AFK thing at first to just try and figure out why in the world people have taunt parties, then I got bored and figured i'd pounce on the first good opportunity. Now its something I'll do every so often, mostly if i've got other things on the go at the same time. It is fun to crash a party for a few matches then go AFK, just too see how involved they are with the 3v1 and whether they can manage to go back to taunting or just beat my lifeless character around.

It is true that you really can't do it more than once. As far as the surprise aspect goes, but alternating between AFK and crashing works for me at times.

As far as another crasher capitalizing by killing me, I'm kinda indifferent on that so long as he's harassing the party at the same time. Just repeat killing an AFK is kinda sad, but a strategy none the less.
Yes it is. I don't like doing it, but I'll do it if the other players keep abusing it. I don't like to just leave cause it makes me feel like they got away with it. So I woop their ***** a couple of times, then leave. Actually, the AFK can keep working, or just waiting for them to come. I just run away and wait t'ill the sudden death if they are all actually good.

Indeed. I always thought that people were only Party Crashing to raise their skills against multiple opponents, but I tend to forget that people don't know about Taunt Parties in the first place and just want to win no matter what. Or some Party Crashers just like to tick people off Taunt Partyists as much as some Partyists tend to tick off Crashers.

Some Partyists and Crashers overdo the annoying stuff and end up making EVERYONE in the room a little bothered, regardless of which side they're on (from KO stealing to grab releasing, you could end up annoying your own team).
If I encounter a taunt party full of noobs, then I do it to annoy them. If against good taunters, then to increase my skill against that type of situation. Lets face it, playing with everyone on BB, taunt parties are inevitable.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I just witnessed one of those moments in Taunt Parties of which I haven't seen in a while; there were 2 Taunt Partyists, me (who, as usual, was just fooling around with items and not fighting), and the Party Crasher.

The Ike Taunt Partyist KO'd the Luigi Crasher...and the other Taunt Partyist (Meta Knight) with him. The Meta Knight had then started attacking the Ike player while the Ike player was trying to duck in apology, and the Luigi Crasher was able to sneak up and use a Final Smash and KO both of them, giving him the victory. I got hit by the Final Smash too, but he left me alone.

So, I ended up respecting the Crasher and facepalming at the Taunt Partyists today, lol. It was such an epic fail that I left the room laughing.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I think it's funny sometimes when a crasher doesn't attack a player that doesn't hurt him... like sometimes I meet these crashers who don't attack a certain player because that player doesn't attack anyone lol. They even die if they accidentally KO me as well..pretty funny seeing my taunt partiers getting their ***** kicked.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I just witnessed one of those moments in Taunt Parties of which I haven't seen in a while; there were 2 Taunt Partyists, me (who, as usual, was just fooling around with items and not fighting), and the Party Crasher.

The Ike Taunt Partyist KO'd the Luigi Crasher...and the other Taunt Partyist (Meta Knight) with him. The Meta Knight had then started attacking the Ike player while the Ike player was trying to duck in apology, and the Luigi Crasher was able to sneak up and use a Final Smash and KO both of them, giving him the victory. I got hit by the Final Smash too, but he left me alone.

So, I ended up respecting the Crasher and facepalming at the Taunt Partyists today, lol. It was such an epic fail that I left the room laughing.
Oh yeah, they mess up. Why, just a week ago, something happened. We were in a sudden death. There was a scrubbish meta knight taunt party crasher, a scubbish ZSS and a pretty much pro Zelda partist. Ok, so I was Capt. Falcon, I grabbed the meta knight and K.O ed him pretty easy. Then as a ran to the ZSS, the zelda standing behind her, I faked and rolled back. She did a front smash with her whip and knocked the pro out of the ring accidently. Then I rushed in, grabbed her, and ended the match with a smirk. I was pretty worried about the Zelda, but I saw her go flyign and I saw a moment of vulnerability and punished her for it. It all happened so fast, like maybe 6 seconds or so.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
^That story seems very familiar to me... I could have sworn I was that Zelda haha... but who knows, right. We probably met before lol... I'm the purple Zelda... I never see another purple zelda that is actually a pro... what color was the Zelda, if you remember.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I've had a couple of rooms lately that just seem to spontaneously go into taunt parties. Most times the signs are obvious when someones trying to start one: crouching, SD's, spam taunting etc. It kinda puzzles me since i find with taunt parties , as with most things, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

semi-relevant to the last few posts. I often see a purple zelda. I suspect at times that zelda is Toadallstar but i always go over and harass it just in case :chuckle::ouch:

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes, you'll enter a game where only one player is trying to start a taunt party (if there's 2, all hope is lost). The instant you see this one player, do everything you can to keep him from crouching/taunting. Grab him, pummel a lot, and juggle until he gives up.

Taunt partying is like a disease; unless you fight back quickly and effectively, it spreads like a fire.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes, you'll enter a game where only one player is trying to start a taunt party (if there's 2, all hope is lost). The instant you see this one player, do everything you can to keep him from crouching/taunting. Grab him, pummel a lot, and juggle until he gives up.

Taunt partying is like a disease; unless you fight back quickly and effectively, it spreads like a fire.
You can do all you want but Taunt Parties aren't going anywhere ;)

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
You can do all you want but Taunt Parties aren't going anywhere ;)
Thats a fact. Taunters outnumber the fighters. The majority of the people who fight on Basic Brawl 9x out of 10 once they see those 2-3 crouch movements reply with the same thing. :laugh:

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
THIS is utter trufax
lol it is same thing applies when you attack the "weakest link(no not the character to those new to the game)" of the taunt party, many of those taunters are really eager to fight others. Its just pretty interesting some taunters "morale boost" or get motivated to fight when theres a fellow taunter thats good at the game fighting the crasher (being the "hero") however if they were alone you would never catch them behaving in such manner unless they do a simple "hit and run" or "smash and flee" to the safety of the other side of the map.

Top Bottom