• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rollerking & Dinkoman's House O' Sigs (CLOSED PERMANENTLY, come visit our new shop!)

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Hey rollerking I'mma smash debater, and I didnt even know it.

now i am:
DEBATOR DINKOMAN!!!!!!

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Thanks for the compliment. :)
Do you have a preferance as to who wins, or if you want anyone to win at all...?
i like it to be even at first but then for hector to bust out something and win

and do you mind putting a health gauge in there but fire emblem style

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
Doom bro, I have that in my mind, sick dude, I hope he's done soon I really wanna see how this comes out.

Roller

Smash Legend
i like it to be even at first but then for hector to bust out something and win

and do you mind putting a health gauge in there but fire emblem style
You have a pic of a fire emblem health gauge? I'll do the animation, then add it if I get a pic or sprite of one.
Doom bro, I have that in my mind, sick dude, I hope he's done soon I really wanna see how this comes out.
My last animation took 3 days...And I was busy a lot of today. So it probably wont be too soon.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I would like to congratulate you both on such good Sigs/Animation. Also I'd like to do a request to RollerKing of an animation but before requesting I'd like to know if its possible for you to do me an animation and then do the thing you did to your sig.

What I mean is, currently I have requested a sig from Grandeza's shop, and I am planning to use it, but I see that in your signature you have a still signature that then goes into an animation of a Pikachu fighting. Do you think if I sent you the sig Grandeza is making (once its uploaded), you could do the same for me, only make the still signature stick around for longer (as yours only flashes by).

Basically just making a cycle of the sig, then the animation, then the sig, then the animation, so on and so forth. I was wondering if that was possible. Thanks for reading this, and if you can't then I am sorry for bothering you.

Roller

Smash Legend
I would like to congratulate you both on such good Sigs/Animation. Also I'd like to do a request to RollerKing of an animation but before requesting I'd like to know if its possible for you to do me an animation and then do the thing you did to your sig.

What I mean is, currently I have requested a sig from Grandeza's shop, and I am planning to use it, but I see that in your signature you have a still signature that then goes into an animation of a Pikachu fighting. Do you think if I sent you the sig Grandeza is making (once its uploaded), you could do the same for me, only make the still signature stick around for longer (as yours only flashes by).

Basically just making a cycle of the sig, then the animation, then the sig, then the animation, so on and so forth. I was wondering if that was possible. Thanks for reading this, and if you can't then I am sorry for bothering you.
Ya, I can do that.

But know that you might have to wait a while for the animation. They take a ridiculously long time to do the way I do them and I am working on one for doom dragon right now. But if you don't mind waiting a week or two then ya...

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Great :).

Yeah I know they take a while. I can wait if its for something like the animations you make :p. Ill hang around the thread, just put me in queue and tell me when you are done with the ones before me.

Roller

Smash Legend
no i dont but you said youve played fire emblem before so you know how it looks. but if you cant its ok
Ya, I know what it looks like, but I don't think I could make the sprites for it. I would need a sheet. I'll try to find one.

Also, I have a question concerning the animation, There is a point well....
I'll post what I have so far and then ask the question. Just give me a couple minutes to upload.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Rollerking were you banned from PisTolZ thread? because I havent seen you there since you joined...

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
hey dinkoman do you think you could make me a sig? is Kirby and pikachu on a team owning iceclimbers to much to ask for? And if you follow the must have 200 posts things then ill wait a couple months......

Roller

Smash Legend
PROJECT UPDATE:

doom dragon, this is only part of the animation, just their initial clash and recoil. What I want to know is do you want hector to fall the way he does with the spin of his axe, or just have his axe go straight down after collision?

And are you sure you don't want a background?

(remember, updates are posted in the first post as well for easier access)

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
PROJECT UPDATE:

doom dragon, this is only part of the animation, just their initial clash and recoil. What I want to know is do you want hector to fall the way he does with the spin of his axe, or just have his axe go straight down after collision?

And are you sure you don't want a background?

(remember, updates are posted in the first post as well for easier access)
before i start wow amazing i didnt think it would be this good

now i like the way he falls but not the way hector jumps, his feet didnt move it looks like he floated up. aybe make him jup line the animation in my sig

and as for a background your right i should have one how bout a castle

like this **wait till lyn fights** http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZuJ94UEZStk

and if its not too hard the floor the same way again if its not too much trouble

Roller

Smash Legend
before i start wow amazing i didnt think it would be this good

now i like the way he falls but not the way hector jumps, his feet didnt move it looks like he floated up. aybe make him jup line the animation in my sig

and as for a background your right i should have one how bout a castle

like this **wait till lyn fights** http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZuJ94UEZStk

and if its not too hard the floor the same way again if its not too much trouble
Ya, I didn't really like the jump either, the thing is he doesn't really have a good jump with the sprite sheet i'm using. I'll try to improvise something though. I'll finish the rest of it then go back and try making some corrections there.

Do you want them to fight on the stage lyn is fighting on or just the backdrop? (I assume backdrop) I'll see if I can find a good pic/sprite of the background to use. Can't guarantee, but i'll try.

This animation is pretty interesting. All the sprites have a shadow at there feet, so in every airbourne layer I have to carefully get rid of the shadow, then put a new one on the floor. More work than it appears to be. Tedious but very interesting.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Ya, I didn't really like the jump either, the thing is he doesn't really have a good jump with the sprite sheet i'm using. I'll try to improvise something though. I'll finish the rest of it then go back and try making some corrections there.

Do you want them to fight on the stage lyn is fighting on or just the backdrop? (I assume backdrop) I'll see if I can find a good pic/sprite of the background to use. Can't guarantee, but i'll try.

This animation is pretty interesting. All the sprites have a shadow at there feet, so in every airbourne layer I have to carefully get rid of the shadow, then put a new one on the floor. More work than it appears to be. Tedious but very interesting.
lol i infinitely thank you i mean **** it must be alot of work and your doing a (in Boston accent) crackerjack job lol

and yea the backdrop and if you succeed in doing the floor ill kiss your feet

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Dinkoman, would it be possible for you to make me a sig of pit, luigi, and pikachu? Cuz I feel the one I have does no justice for any of them, and I really like how your images end up. Any or all of them would be awesome, also, I dont know if it's easier for you if I suuply the pictures for you to use, so I'll post some anyway:

Pit: http://frame.revver.com/frame/120x90/383798.jpg

Pikachu: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pikachu/pikachu_070619a.jpg

Luigi: http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/e/e3/BrawlLuigi.jpg/220px-BrawlLuigi.jpg

Those were the best either full shots or heads I could find that I liked, however for luigi if you have an orange one or have a way of making it orange so that it wouldnt conflict with your background, that's the color i play. Actually scratch that, cuz i play colors for all of them, and that would be way to much. So yeah, if you could do this that would be awesome!

PS: Pika and Meta are awesome, and thank you and Rollerking both for setting some groundrules about bashing, since there is way too much going around

Roller

Smash Legend
For Piman34:

V1:

V2:

if you need something changed just say so.
Just some constructive criticism. The renders should be the focus of the sig, they look a little too much like they are in the background there. They should be the first thing that catches your eye, and the effects draw away from them a little too much.

lol i infinitely thank you i mean **** it must be alot of work and your doing a (in Boston accent) crackerjack job lol

and yea the backdrop and if you succeed in doing the floor ill kiss your feet
Thanks man, I appreciate the compliments. :) (I actually live in NJ, but I like typing " o' " for some reason, lol. with my accent it would probably be "a'")

And just to be clear, are you just refering to the backdrop floor?

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Just some constructive criticism. The renders should be the focus of the sig, they look a little too much like they are in the background there. They should be the first thing that catches your eye, and the effects draw away from them a little too much.
The fact that the renders have a background, makes me try as hard as I can to get rid of the background with out completly destroying the render.

Roller

Smash Legend
Rollerking I have yet to brawl you....
you want to? Add me. I'm on now. But prepare to get your butt kicked. I think Chaco's is still a little sore (of course he used butt pound a little too much with yoshi, so that could have something to do with it...)lol.

What's your tag btw? Mine's MINK.

EDIT: Darn, g2g...

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
For Piman34:

V1:

V2:

if you need something changed just say so.
Looks amazing!, but is there anyway that you could change the text from piman34 to Elmo, which is my tag? If not its no big deal :)

Which do you like better? I cant decide, cuz I like the first one, in that because its green, the other chars besides luigi stand out more, but i like the second one cuz its orange...any tips? :)

Roller

Smash Legend
PROJECT UPDATE:
OK, I realised a minor imperfection that occurred in almost every frame. There were random green pixels in every crevice of the Hector sprites. SO, I spent the last hour going through the animation viewing at 400% and using the smallest brush I had to erase every bit of green. There is a frame or 2 where there is blue in Jaffar's sprite, and even though it is EXTREMELY minor I intend to fix it as well.
Here is the updated version

Now if you compare it to the previous one you will see what I'm talking about.

(old version)

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
PROJECT UPDATE:
OK, I realised a minor imperfection that occurred in almost every frame. There were random green pixels in every crevice of the Hector sprites. SO, I spent the last hour going through the animation viewing at 400% and using the smallest brush I had to erase every bit of green. There is a frame or 2 where there is blue in Jaffar's sprite, and even though it is EXTREMELY minor I intend to fix it as well.
Here is the updated version

Now if you compare it to the previous one you will see what I'm talking about.

(old version)
lol thanks i never even noticed till you pointed it out

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Looks amazing!, but is there anyway that you could change the text from piman34 to Elmo, which is my tag? If not its no big deal :)

Which do you like better? I cant decide, cuz I like the first one, in that because its green, the other chars besides luigi stand out more, but i like the second one cuz its orange...any tips? :)
lol. I personally like the first won, First FTW but, its the customer job to decide....

anyway...:

v1:

v2:

lol jk....

real v2:

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
I'll go with the first one, I have decided I like it better. And even though it may be my decision, as the artist, aren't you allowed to like one better? :p

But yeah, shoopdawoop is a little big for a sig pic otherwise I would take it in aheart beat haha

Thank you so so much for this, it turned out awesome-like

one question i had: what did you do differently between the first and second versions, i was just noticing more lines in the 2nd, and was wondering what you had to change aside from the color

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
When I use gimp I had already made the first one and had not look to far noticing that you wanted a orange luigi, so I had to undo everything besides the background on the first sig, add the renders and decorate it. And it turned out different because now art work is the same.

Top Bottom