• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky Mount 8: Smash tournament July 14th - 15th

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
this will be a go0d tourney i wish i was good enough to play in itg but smash will do. Get ready everyone cause me n josh aren't holding back sonz

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
well hell da fux yeah.

ZigZag however did want me to express his great interest in teaming with you, Adam. It's totally up to you, and it won't hurt my feelings a bit if you team with him because I'm sure it would increase your chances of winning.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
josh we got to give it one more shot, i know im all about winning some cash and thats why i think i have a dang good chance with you. You have rly gotten so much better over the last month i think we got this. After all im luigi

or fox =]

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That was actually well handled. It was better than I expected. I wish I had enough cash to have paid for singles . . . Iss wut happens when I pay for college.

An' Darksyde, I saw your play. You're real good . . . Hope to play play you in some friendlies.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
OK, here are tha' results yall.....

Doubles:

1 LOZR & Josh
2 59JS & Echo
3 Winder & Evan
4 PAC & Karn
5 DGuy & Arab
5 Chris & Justin
7 David & Andrew
7 Matt & Tim

Singles:

1 LOZR
2 TC
3 59JS
4 PAC!
5 MMX
5 echo
7 David
7 KARN
9 Josh
9 Andrew
9 Dguy
9 Arab
13 Jay
13 Matt
13 Tiza
13 Squiak
17 Big Danny
17 Justin
17 Dragon
17 Robby
17 Evan
17 Lighting Mage
17 Tim

lol @ me getting knocked out again by only falcon players. lol indeed. shout outs to come lata' Cause this tourney was pretty awesome. especially late nights at Jawsh's house playing with the cool peeps from florida and ohio! Oh yeah! :)

EDIT : I will have some matches to upload of this stuff by tomorrow night. Like late tomorrow night :)

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
David, we had some good matches, I'm gonna be in Raleigh for like a week at the start of August and we should get together and play some more. You and the whole Chapel Hill crew.

dwrhodes

Smash Rookie
For sure... my squad definitely needs some work after the mollywhomping most of up recieved in the tournament, especially in teams. I expect to be way better in August though and am down to play I'll hit you up.

Lightningmage

Smash Journeyman
Guess I'll start the shoutouts.

Dguy- Great Mewtwo. Had some nice matches there as well. Hope ya make it to MP4
Chocolate Thundaa: You get better everytime we meet. Nice Yoshi, and that Pika ditto was awesome.
Pac- Great job, as always. All the **** my Falcon did was thanks to you kicking my *** so many times. Thanks.
Echo- Good Sheik, and good job in the tourney as well. Look forward to facing you again.
Dragon Charlessss- Great matches. Hard to believe Zelda did so well. Look forward to meeting you again.
And to everyone else whose name escapes me, if I played you, then thanks for the opportunity to play other awesome players. Look forward to seeing you guys again at MP4

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Had a blast at Rocky Mount this weekend. Some of the most fun I have had in a very long time.

Lozr- Man, you are too good. Your Falcon is phenomenal. You almost took crews all by yourself. Too good. We will have to play again for sure.

Pac- Same with you man, your Falcon is awesome. Had some excellent matches with ya. Didn't get to see ya on Sunday though.

Josh- Awesome tourney man. You really know how to run things. Everything went smoothly and the housing was awesome. Thanks a ton man for everything. Your Jiggs is too good.

Ecco- Good matches man. Your Sheik is quite impressive. Had a lot of fun just hanging out with you and Pac. Good stuff.

Tloz- Link FTW. Too good man. Nuff said.

59(Is that right?) - Awesome Ganon man. I love the Ganon M2 matchup, makes for some intense matches. You can definitely hold your own against Florida's top Ganons.

MMX- Don't know if you read these boards or not, but you're a cool guy. Your ITG skills are amazing and your Smash skills don't disappoint either. Good stuff man.

Lightning Mage- First serious Zelda player I have ever encountered. You really impressed me with how well you can control her. Good stuff man. I will definitely try and make it to MP4, but it isn't looking too good right now.

Chocolate Thunder- Good matches man. Your Luigi and Yoshi are killer. We will definitely have to play again sometime.

Arab- Good stuff holding it down this tourney. You have shown NC that FL Ganons are not to be taken lightly. Good stuff.

North Carolina- All of you guys are really cool. It was awesome getting to meet all you guys and playing all those matches. Any time any of you guys come to FL for a tourney, just let me know.

To anyone I may have forgotten, good matches. We will all have to play again at some point.

-Peace

dguy6789

Smash Lord
For some reason it wouldn't let me edit my post.

DF2K- Good Peach man. Didn't play against you too many times, but it was quite fun for those few matches. Good stuff man.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
got dem' with tha' mind!

Man I couldn't make it Sunday...... I had work from like 1pm till 9pm = gehy. Anyways Shoutouttzz::

LOZR - Adam you are good, but not too good. Therefore I will be beating you soon. But really the only reason I have improved so much is because of you man I really appreciate it, even if you play the wrong color falcon :) ps. Catfish combo?

TC - our matches were too close, still think I should've won, but oh well you did alot better against adam then I thought you would. (maybe i just used up all my power knocking out MMX? oh and uh falcon dittos are stupid :) good stuff with 2nd you deserve it.

59JS - My favorite smasher that pulls the slick willie combo! Ganon is too good man, but falcon is the next fox as you say haha. good job with placing 3rd overall and see you soon mangz.

TLOZ - OMGZ mangz too bad to had to leave. it's ok I played my beastly link a couple times too show people what's up with the NC links. (I don't know why I even gave shoutoutz to the last three people as I'm pretty sure they havent posted in like half a year :()

ECHO - a new NC player mangz. I think you did really well this tourney, if only TC had played marth, but he pulled off tha' mindgames with fox. I had a really good time meeting you and saturday night at Josh's house NC teams were too good. You are learning the catfish combo very well indeed. PS. Pika samus team ftw?

Dguy - Mewtwo is such a weird character lol. However you make him work. It was very fun fighting my first really serious mewtwo main and sharing stories with you about florida and NC. I am getting better at shizzing all the time now, haha.
can't wait to play you again, good stuff.

Arab - for only playing ganon about a month your really good man. Keep up your harsh Tipman training schedule and you will be great in no time. Also, maybe try to mess around with some of the other characters once in a while huh? At least for teams maybe?

MMX - your too good man. I was glad that I got you with the yoshi story mindgame at the end haha. It was really really fun playing you mangz. also we had the best convo ever:
PAC- who do you play with up in Ohio?
MMX- well uh I dont know......
PAC- lol

lighting mage- My samus is too good haha. Good job holding it down with the zelda some people were asking about that little lady hmmmmm.

David - have no idea what your boards name is, but nice falcon coming up. Keep working on him cause he really is too good.

Josh - why did you lose man? oh yeah it was your CONTROLLLLA! goo dstuff in teams especially man. multi rests FTW haha. Your going to be at a high level of pwn soon.

Matt - you lost to the kirby haha. Funnist stuff ever. hope to see you and yo' boyz at MPJV in raleigh.

Andrew - You won a couple! haha. It was cool meeting you and playing you a couple times too. Good stuffs.

DF2K - I'm probably going to play you sometime tonight if I ever get done writing shout outzz, lol. ps. dont you have a thread to start?

Squek? - Kirby is too good, but he is soooo hard to win with man. good **** at just coming to a tourney and sticking with him man.

Karn- you squadered like I did in the SoVa tourney. I didn't mean to gay you on FoD, but hey at least you got something outta this. one beast *** YOSHI!!!!!!!

OK I'm done now I think. gawd my brain kinda hurts now. Twig, Ali, and all the other west peoples who are awesome yall know you missed out, but it will be time for us to be together again shortly........ MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (boozer laugh was for 2%, represent!) :)

PacStrife

Smash Ace
OMG MANNN posted for tha' best smasher in NC:

CHOCO THUNDAA- your too **** good you need to stop letting adam win these tourneys so you can claim your **** rightful place man! Hit em' with the **** catfish!

ps editing on smashboards is stupid :(

Da Squeakz

Smash Rookie
well, this was a lot of fun, i've come to realize how much better i need to get (aka stop playing kirby) but oh well. i don't do shout-outs simply because i don't remember everyone and feel bad when i leave people out. that being said, everyone i played with, it was a blast, i'm already waiting for the next one. who knows, maybe i'll get better by then.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Any youtube videos?

Also, anybody mind coming to pick me up for the weekend so you can own me? i'd like some different competition.

2_Percent

Smash Ace
haha PAC!
man we gotta play more matches at jubilee..we never play!! =/
i want to play against swift flamingo haha

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
i didn't go but sounds fun.

tloz and 59js... good shiz. link and ganon.

never give up on your characters.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
LOZR- Good seeing you again. Your falcon is pretty ridiculous. I'll catch you eventually (maybe).

PAC!- It was nice to meet you man. We are gonna have to practice our pika, samus team (that is if it can get any better). I'll be working on my catfish combo's.

59JS- The Ganon, Sheik combo is too good. By the way I'm gonna be able to go to Smashaid so hit me up with info about when you are guys are leaving.

Echo- Your awesome man I wish I was as cool as you.

Dguy- You have taught me to not take Mewtwo lightly. Hopefully you can make it MP.

TLOZ- Too bad you couldn't be there on Saturday. We'll have to get some matches in at MP. Link is too good.

Karn- We had some good matches. The last one was intense. I'm looking forward to MP.

Arab- Not bad at all for only a month on Ganon but as nice as it is to see people playing non-high tier I will give you a quote from 59JS, "don't play Ganon".

DF2K- Good to see you again. I still hate peach though, but its ok because you hate sheik (of course everyone hates sheik so that not saying much).

TC- Man you have a nice Falcon thats for sure. It was good meeting you hopefully I'll see you at more tourney's.

Lightning Mage- That's an impressive Zelda you got there. It's refreshing to see someone playing her and not Sheik.

MMX- I can't believe you are as good as you are at smash and on top of that ridiculous at Pump it up. Hopefully you can make it some more NC tournaments.

Chocolate Thunder- Man you are freaking hilarious. You have a pretty impressive Yoshi too. It's always cool to see the low tiers played well.

Josh- You are the man, thanks for putting this all together. Nice Jigs too.

Davis- Good to see you made it. You have to keep coming to these things so we can represent Chapel Hill.

Matt- Chapel Hill FTW, give me a call so we can play sometime.

Andrew- Keep going to as many tournaments as you can make it too. I have always found that I get better after everyone I go too. Call me so we can play.

Squeakz- Kirby is tough man, I have to respect you for sticking to him. Kirby can be done it just takes some work.

Malk- Since you wanted a shoutout. It has been far too long since we played. I have gotten better since I last saw you so I'm anxious to play you again. See you at MP.

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
Thank you to everyone who made it out, it was awesome.

Hopefully next time it will be better.

DragonCharlz

Smash Cadet
Well, going 2 and out really made me kinda upset, especially being that I SD with Peach twice the last round, what are the chances of that happening? Anyways, had lots of fun in casuals, had lots of fun meeting so many people, owning people in MvC2 and Third Strike, and getting owned in Smash. After this tournament, I figure I'll pick up Marth and Ice Climbers, maybe dropping Fox cause I'm kinda tired of him. But, here goes my shout outs

LOZR - Wow, you're rediculus! You're the best Captain Falcon I've ever seen. If I didn't play SSBM, I'd think Falcon was the best character in the game. I gotta figure out how to beat him one day.

Pac - Another Falcon that really scares me. I think we only got 1 match in though, but the more Falcons I play against the better I understand him.

Josh- Great turnout, great set up, great japanese food at 11 PM. I never got the chance to play you in Smash though, but I may possibly go back to NC in the near future. I need some practice though.

MMX- Stop being good at everything, lol. Picking PSMO on NicX was so funny, I guess thats what he gets for not playing that song in forever. Very nice Smash skills, I didn't expect you to be that good at it. Then again its not like NicX knows much about the game anyways so he didn't really clue me in too well. It was really cool to actually meet you in person, I never thought that'd actually happen.

Lightning Mage- A real Zelda/Shiek player. I really hate Zelda cause I'm tired of getting kicked for 20% randomly :p. Very fun talking and playing with you, you're really cool and I hope to see you again someday. I gotta learn how to beat Zelda eventually.

Chocolate Thunder- Noone ever told me how to fight Yoshi, I had no idea what to do. I just assumed he wasn't very dangerous. I learned otherwise pretty quickly, and you should thank Nintendo for not making this game as unbalanced as MvC2. So good with the mid-low tiers its scary. I'm a big mid-low tier fan myself, just not in SSBM cause I'm scared, lol.

Everyone I was talking to before I left Sunday - Yeah, other fighting games are really broken. I wish Smash was my strongest game, but unfortunatly its MvC2. I've been trying to change that though for when Brawl comes out. If you guys are interested, check out my Youtube (DragonCharlz) and check out of fighting game reviews. Double Dragon is kinda bad cause it was our first, but Power Rangers is our most famous one. Hope to see you guys again sometime.

Oh yeah, and you guys play too much Captain Falcon in NC, lol. I never really faught too many, lot of Ganon around here in SOVA with Shieks, Peach, Marth, Falco being seen really often. I guess learning how to fight him is one of my goals too.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If you're talking about other fighters that are balanced, I wouldn't mind having a round in Guilty Gear X2. From what I've experienced, it's pretty balanced. Accent Core coming to WII! Can't wait, I hope they bring it stateside.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
thanks to all for the shoutouts now here is some of mine

dguy-crazy mewtwo man ive never fought one that good, well basically never fought one lol, but good shiz though keep it up.

Pac!-sry man but nc has all turned to falcons now so its all about the tech chasing son lol. Good matches man and very close with t.c.

T.C.-congrats on 2nd man, we had a nice set of falcon dittos in the end, just get a new controller and maybe you can pull it out next time =D.

59JS-son the ganon was on that day, actually the ganon has been on the past few days, good job on 3 son keep it up.

dragoncharles- dont remember if we played some matches or not, but thx for coming down and playing with us hope to see you soon, your name is 2 good lol.

chocolate thunnnda-catfish

mmx-was very nice getting to meet you and your really good in smash. Hope to play you again soon

Josh-we got this man, you played well in teams with me i knew we could do it. nice job keeping things running at the tournament.

everyone else good games and i hope to see you all again soon

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Quick edit to be made.

2nd place was actually MMX and Evan. We played them in the finals and it was too **** good.

I played so good in teams. hahahaha

"Man, I don't have time for this ****."
*rest* *rest* *rest* *rest*
"Alright, come get me for the next match."

Top Bottom