• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-block

B2B TST
i hope the terrain has mechanical claws that interfere and knock brandon out of the paintball fight =p

guys do yourselves a favour and go paintballing. you're lookin at 12 people for singles now or something

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Fiji already had time off though. In all fairness, it's only right to respect the people who actually CAN take the time to go. Regardless of numbers.

[EDIT]

You know what? I say this is how we treat the monthly if the numbers really are that low.

Summer hangout. Doesn't matter who wins or loses, we're just there to play and do really stupid stuff.

3-Man Crew tournament after our Doubles & Singles tournaments, since it'll go by much faster with lower numbers. Even just a crew battle of sorts.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'm still coming .__.

EDIT: Unless I find a new job and they schedule me on that day
;D

But I doubt that'll happen.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I think it'd be more fun with less people actually lol
But I bet that's just me.

Frio

Smash Champion
Yeah Luke team with Jake. This tournament is ********

EDIT: lol opps forgot again Alvin.

Luke just team withsomeone

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Alright, everybody, I have a solution.

Reduce the entrance fees and have a ball. Treat it like you would the Spruce Grove Zone that I'd host. This tourney isn't ********, Mark. It's just a moment's reprieve from our thicker and heavier competition. There's nothing wrong with that, right?

Come on by, Mark. We'll all have fun just chilling together.

[EDIT]

Also, I'll organize everything with Jake as well. I've got organizational skills and TO experience (from my basement. LOL) too.

Let's salvage this, guys! Those who CAN come, do come. We'll make it a heck of a time.

Frio

Smash Champion
I'd be happy to come to this if it still wasn't 10 bucks. I pay 10 bucks to play more than 2-3 matches

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
How about this?

Replace Doubles with a 3-Man Crew Tourney, out of everyone who can make it. If we have anybody left over, they join one of the teams but each teammate gets one less stock.

T-block

B2B TST
Just play the Mario Bros stage all day.

We played Brawl at a smashfest in Calgary and even some of the Calgary guys were enjoying it because that stage is ****ing fun <3

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh god yes lower the entrance fees hahaha
I'll have money for next tourney but not this one lol

Crews sounds like a good idea btw.
I think I wanna use Zelda for this Tourney lol

MeSSi

Smash Ace
so attendance for this month...

confirmed: dan, jack, alvin, kelvin, jake, brandon, ash, darren
unconfirmed: yoshara, adam, japan, kyle, dragonz, victra, mark, luke

if we lower the entrance fee (2 -3 $) then maybe guys like darren, victra, dragonz would enter singles and doubles. maybe colin would come to if the fee is lowered. i'll see if jordan (DK guy) can come.

so were looking at 8 for sure and 16 possibly. if the hensels stayed for doubles then that would be about 9 teams for doubles and 16ish for singles possibly, which is normal numbers. we just need confirmation of those that are unconfirmed. come on this is jake's last monthly here.....

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
so attendance for this month...

confirmed: dan, jack, alvin, kelvin, jake, brandon, ash, darren
unconfirmed: yoshara, adam, japan, kyle, dragonz, victra, mark, luke

if we lower the entrance fee (2 -3 $) then maybe guys like darren, victra, dragonz would enter singles and doubles. maybe colin would come to if the fee is lowered. i'll see if jordan (DK guy) can come.

so were looking at 8 for sure and 16 possibly. if the hensels stayed for doubles then that would be about 9 teams for doubles and 16ish for singles possibly, which is normal numbers. we just need confirmation of those that are unconfirmed. come on this is jake's last monthly here.....
stayed for doubles? doubles is first lol and we will be there for singles although maybe not the entire thing

ok so if entrance fees are lowered to $5 instead of $10 ($5 per person for doubles=total $10 instead of total $20 for doubles) is anyone opposed to that? It'll be a smaller tournament, and will run much quicker too with the small attendance. I think it'll actually be really cool.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
$10 FOR BOTH EVENTS?

IM SO DOWN OMG. <3333 You guys sure know how to win me over.

I wonder if I'm working though...I'll let you guys know sometime next week

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
I haven't officially lowered the entrance fees yet, so don't get too excited but it will happen if nobody's super opposed to it over the next few days, then i'll make it official.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Just play the Mario Bros stage all day.

We played Brawl at a smashfest in Calgary and even some of the Calgary guys were enjoying it because that stage is ****ing fun <3
It's even funner when using DDD. =D

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
It's adorable how personally alberta takes tournament dates.. What Jake said was right, about the pattern of events when Wmike sets a date. It's actually really sad. If you can make it, great, if you can't big whoop theyll be another one next month, and not only that, but they'll be many other smash fests during that month.

And btw, Jack isn't biased.

Frio

Smash Champion
Any ordinary host would switch the date if he can't make it himself. You guys are just lucky that Mike is being nice about it =/

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Anybody willing to MM me?
I'll be offering my extra Thailand change as payment, if I lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom