• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Okay, so Mark has reminded me that we need to organize more, if we're going to MLG in Raleigh or Dallas. So, that means I need to know:

Who wants to go? Include whether you can drive, whether you can supply a car, and whether you prefer Raleigh (August) or Dallas (November). I don't expect much on either of those first two, but if you want to come, let me know (by post, or PM, or whatever... probably easier via posting).

This'll help me determine which trip we're going for, and help with organizing.

Also: (currently on loop)

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
I'm in and I COULD drive but I'd rather not as I have a shoulder blade problem that can act up from driving for long periods of time (i.e. 4+ hours). I'll drive though as a last resort if we can't find enough drivers.

And of course everyone will chip in for gas and stuff.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I can't go, but here's a tip for everybody who is going.

When you register on the MLG site, register as "AB_*username*". After the people who are ranked from previous MLG events (and the people who use the online qualifier, but who does that?!?), the rest of the seeding is done alphabetically, so if your tag starts with an A, you'll have a much easier first round than if it starts with, say, and S. This will also ensure none of you guys will have to face each other first round (unless you and up getting seeded around 126th, in which case, it will ensure you guys will have to play first round >.<)

Edit: inb4brandonscarbreaksdown

:005:

T-block

B2B TST
Good call, Jake.

Serious interest in Dallas atm - I know at least 5 people not from Alberta that will be there ... if everyone is going to Raleigh I can try to make it, but I'll probably be flying there.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm interested in Texas too. I also know people there, both in Smash and otherwise.

I'm game for Dallas MLG.

I say whenever we do this Road Trip? We need at least two drivers per car, so we can properly switch off.

[EDIT]

I can comfortably fit 4 people in my car. There's 5 seats though.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm comfortable with people driving my car. You just have to press a little more for the brake. Otherwise it's pretty nice. ...actually, Mike, you've driven with me and I dropped you off, and we nearly went to St. Albert along the way.

Frio

Smash Champion
I'd like to go to the Aug MLG event. I also have a halo friend that would like to go as well.
I can't drive :/

brningpyre

Smash Lord
If you guys could indicate whether you can go to both or just one, instead of just what you would prefer, that would be ideal.

So far, we have Mark, Y-Mike (flying-johns), W-Mike (being-a-p*ssy-johns), and Brandon. I know Jack, Luke, and Dan all expressed interest in going, too.

There's no rush right now, but this is something I'd like to have organized far ahead of time, especially when it comes time to booking hotels an' sh*t.

Also, this game is awesome.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Wouldn't it be smarter to pile yourselves all in one section so that whoever survives of the 16 of you is already in at least Round 4? Plus if anyone gives Alberta **** then, we can john that you took each other out.

=D

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Wouldn't it be smarter to pile yourselves all in one section so that whoever survives of the 16 of you is already in at least Round 4? Plus if anyone gives Alberta **** then, we can john that you took each other out.

=D
If everybody's in the same section (which would be incredibly difficult to manipulate anyway), people who lose in the first couple rounds will end up facing other Albertans in the loser bracket as well. I don't think anybody wants to travel all the way to an MLG event to lose to 2 people they already play with on a monthly basis. =/

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Doesn't it get mixed up into Loser's?
The bracket essentially gets chopped in half and swapped when people get added to the loser's bracket. So when two people get sent to losers in the same round in matches next to each other in the winner's bracket, they'll face each other in losers if they win their next matches.

T-block

B2B TST
You would not believe your eyes...
If ten million ~Firefly~'s...

I don't know the details of MLG's bracket management, but I remember thinking there were a lot of silly things about it.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Just as a quick check, who all is coming to my house tomorrow (friday)?
I don't think im going Sean.

Also I can only do MLG Raleigh cuz I'll be doing my student teaching in November. If it was midterms or something i'd totally take time off from studying for that but I can't take time off this. And good call Jake!

Frio

Smash Champion
If you guys could indicate whether you can go to both or just one, instead of just what you would prefer, that would be ideal.

So far, we have Mark, Y-Mike (flying-johns), W-Mike (being-a-p*ssy-johns), and Brandon. I know Jack, Luke, and Dan all expressed interest in going, too.

There's no rush right now, but this is something I'd like to have organized far ahead of time, especially when it comes time to booking hotels an' sh*t.

Also, this game is awesome.
Luke can't go but I have another friend that wants to go for the halo

brningpyre

Smash Lord
WRONG! (if only~)

I'll be at Sean's, fo' sho' (if he lets me~).

Alberta will **** this MLG bracket like a little girl in Yemen.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I'll go to both events. For the august one; I will be gone till about the 20th of august(give or take a few days), so I am not sure if I could make that one or not.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Mom gave me the good ol' "not old enough," and the, "I don't trust random people I don't know driving you." I could give it another try to convince her, but I doubt it's gonna happen :(.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
hey Luke, aren't you close to being 18 now? And don't you get to fly anywhere you want for like, dirt cheap? xD

Also, do you wanna smash with Jim and I today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom