• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-block

B2B TST
GUYS

I DONT THINK YOU'RE READY

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UqnkP4EWcok&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UqnkP4EWcok&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274029
can we add a rule that coaching is only allowed between rounds?

i hate it when people tell others where my c4/landmine is

EDIT: ffs what should i say for my 1000th post
lmao

The first thing I thought of when I saw this was the constant coaching Fiji/Jack were getting against me at the last monthly. "Don't approach him! You have the lead!" "Don't get hit by the eggs!" "PLANK HIM!!1!!" I don't think it's necessary, but it would almost definitely work in my favour if it was enforced. =P

:005:

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
coaching hasn't been an issue at all until it was just brought up now, and on another positive note without jack's coaching both during and inbetween/after rounds i would be much worse at this game at this point, it's really helped me improve overall

TheCresent

Smash Apprentice
I never coach in-game. Only in between/after lol. Unless it's friendlies I'll coach in game who cares rofl

luke just mad cause im stylin on him'

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
coaching should be allowed >_> it would be like banning trash talking. It would make no sense...its part of the competition.

>:O
Vic you need a new one, you have had this one for like a week now. Im sure you have like thousands ready to go.
hmmm you're right

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah i mean really...how are you supposed to control this.

There's going to be a crowd, if someone's gonna shout "omg luke u suk", is Luke gonna john and be like "omg that guy was trash talking me during the match which got my moral down so I lost the match"

its pretty much the same as having someone in the crowd shout "dude you need to stop spot dodging so much, he keeps punishing it with dair that way." Like, is the other person going to be like "omfg shut up im gunna lose nao. U mad me lose."

Ive never heard complaints about this before...other than Luke losing to Kat but that was more or less reverse coaching. If we ban coaching we might as well just let the players do their matches independantly in other rooms, come back and report in their wins. :/

edit: also yes, I considering giving advice during a match as coaching. I know they have been discrepancies to the definition of coaching before.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah thats what i was trying to get at.

but there is money on the line. People are trying to nitpick at everything so they can have a legit john or something if they lose, I swear. >___>

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
probably luke and dan since playing brawl is how they get their lunch money.

Otherwise its never been a problem in our melee scene as far as I know. Its rather common actually, and there hasn't ever been any complaints. This issue seriously has never been an issue until that thread was brought up.

People just need to know when its appropriate and when its not. Its more of a manner issue if anything imo.

Limeee

Smash Champion
I've had problems with coaching. People have told others where my **** is and its reaaaaally annoying.

Trashtalk you have to learn to deal with, thats like telling people to stop watching your games cuz you get nervous, you just gotta grow up.

i don't care really as long as people don't tell others physical things like watch out that DK has 9 wind punch or snakes c4 is on the right ledge

i don't really know how to classify that though ~.~

EDIT: Mike H has the worst argument i've ever seen IMO

this is what i'm trying to say
This poll is too vague.

There are two types of coaching:

1. "be more patient. stop rushing in"

2. "WATCH OUT! Snake has a c4 on the left platform and a mine on the right one!!!"

Number 1 should be legal while 2 should not be.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
EDIT: Mike H has the worst argument i've ever seen IMO
I don't understand how I had a bad argument, it's true what i said, coaching has NOT been an issue until now when YOU brought it up for some random reason

Edit: although i do agree with you that people commenting on where your C4 is or talking about small details/setups to watch out for is a little too much
we should just all try to avoid that from now on, and if it becomes too serious of an issue then we'll find some way to deal with it then but I think we can avoid that happening if ppl think before they talk during a match

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol whatever...wouldn't a good player know where the c4 is anyways? >__> Like, I'm assuming. Or if DK has a fully charged punch or something.

i actually agree with white mike. Coaching seriously has never been an issue. No one has ever complained about it ever. Maybe you Jamie =____=

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
lol whatever...wouldn't a good player know where the c4 is anyways? >__> Like, I'm assuming. Or if DK has a fully charged punch or something.

i actually agree with white mike. Coaching seriously has never been an issue. No one has ever complained about it ever. Maybe you Jamie =____=
he just be trollin lol, anyways vic u didn't come to sean's yesterday :( do i have to wait until june 12th to play with you?

Limeee

Smash Champion
coaching hasn't been an issue at all until it was just brought up now, and on another positive note without jack's coaching both during and inbetween/after rounds i would be much worse at this game at this point, it's really helped me improve overall
^ Lol this is a perfect argument for against coaching rofl.
LOL

its not a SERIOUS ISSUE. i just posted that to start some discussion, because it has helped my opponent multiple times, and it is kind of interesting

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You can consider the crowd shouting out random stuff coaching if you want, but that isn't what I care to be banned. Also, for the record, I don't really care about coaching at these tournaments or many tournaments really, but I think at large scale tournaments (MLG for example) coaching should be looked at more seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom