• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
You were ganon. I said it was a 100-0 match-up, you said it was 95-5 meaning you had a 5% chance of winning and that you were gonna own me. I said that I was gonna JV 4 stock you, and I did >_>.

You kept claiming you were theshizwiz.
omg that was funny. he also said he could take Carl XD
Also yah I like the stage system Mike because the 5 stages you get down too are really neutral for the characters in question. It does reduce the power of Counter picking both character and stage however. Also yes I am sorry for beaking the system before trying it. However Rumble falls and Mario Bros are still not good stages.
When you played with your bro mike how many stages did you use? Luke and I played a couple good sets using 21 stages and we never really got gayed by counterpicks(i think we struck down to: frigate, pictochat, smashville, halberd, and pokemon stadium randomed to pokemon stadium, I lost and cp'd frigate. and then lost but it was still fun. i think it may be a ta restrictive for best of 5's so maybe striking down to 7 would be a better idea for those sets.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
all the stages we played on were pretty dam neutral considering the characters used. They didn't really give an advantage either way. of course perhaps playing against MK is a bad example because its impossible to cp him to a bad stage.

Frio

Smash Champion
Lol how does it prevent it?
My opponent can basically stike ever good Cp I have as Olimar and Ill have to strike his good cps as well. We'll be left with some gay neutral ****. I'm pretty sure no one will let me go on Yoshi Pipes, Halberb, Green greens, ect. That's why i dont care toomuch when people ban Yoshis because i still have other good stages to choose from. But with this system we're gonna be left with mostly neutrals .

Alphicans

Smash Hero
All it does is eliminate the possibility of having a super broken CP. Remember that at most tournaments green greens and pipes aren't even legal. This system is not supposed to be like the one we currently have, it's actually supposed to be like the system most other tournaments have, except it's actually fair.

Not having a broken CP =/= not having a CP. You just have to be smart with your strikes.

Frio

Smash Champion
Lol people still aren't gonna let me go to Halberb, Luigis ( If they aren't MK) or Norfair. Just like how I wouldn't let any homo take me to Frigate, RC, Japes or some other bs stage for me. We'd just end up at PS 1, BF, Smash Ville, Yoshis Island Brawl, and some other boring stage. Smash is based on CPing people. All this is doing is reducing Cpings effectiveness and making people feel more safe. and feeling more safe gets ride of a need for a secondary. Because a secondary is there to get rid of your mains weaknesses.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I promise you that you will hardly ever end up on a neutral. Why the hell would someone want to go to a neutral vs olimar? Castle siege, delfino, even halberd are all pretty realistic stages in X vs olimar.

Frio

Smash Champion
No one would take be to halberb because I'm olimar >_>. I'd use on of my 15 strikes to get rid of delfino, and CS is a good Oli stage and it'd be funny if people took me there as well.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
21 stages, you get down to 5 stages. That's like 8 strikes each? Take a match-up like olimar vs MK. Take a look at the neutrals. Probably gets rid of FD and lylat, maybe even BF (why not, more non neutrals the better for MK). MK might get rid of halberd, but that's a really good MK stage as well, but sure he gets rid of that. Yeah, he'll get rid of Pipes, green greens, and norfair, and maybe Castle siege. Olimar doesn't even wanna get rid of any neutrals, so SV and YI probably here to stay. He will get rid of the obvious ones like japes rainbow, port town(although with 21 stages, this stage will most likely get cut), maybe ps2/ps1, maybe delfino, I don't think frigate is a terrible stage for olimar, but sure frigate.

Basically you'll have 2 neutrals, and then the other 3 would be like brinstar/pictochat/mansion/pirateship/distant planet/delfino(maybe). Lots of stage variety, with good stages for both characters in the remaining stages. However, none are over powered for either character.

Bans prevent one super broken CP. Have fun with the other 10 MK has.

T-block

B2B TST
Glad to see this discussion going. I have a lot to say, but I'm on my iPod right now, so it'll have to wait.

It's a very very interesting system. I could see it being more practical than the current system. Rewards stage knowledge almost as much as before, but limits the super onesidedness. I'll get into it more later ;D

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Out of curiosity, what stage list are you guys using for this? Is it the same as the current tourney list? I want to try this is some friendly sets over here, though I doubt it will go much further than that because of how conservative BC is with rulesets. ]=

:005:

Frio

Smash Champion
Wtf luke, Olimar is all about counter pick stages >_> and Oli would deffintly not take Mk to SV

Alphicans

Smash Hero
That's not even the point. The point is that you won't be on all neutrals and there would be a lot of stage variety. Would you honestly strike Smashville?

Frio

Smash Champion
I'd try to take him to Lylat Bf Pk CS Maybe yohis if I had to

I think I know why I'm affriad of bubble tea

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I was playing some Melee today with Kyle, and not only did I make up my mind that I am now maining Ganon in Melee, but I also discovered that I can L-cancel pretty consistantly (I also can beat Kyle's Marth).

P.S. Don't worry I am not quitting Brawl for Melee, I am probably just going to play Melee for friendlies and other non-seriouslies.

T-block

B2B TST
Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
(Mario Circuit)
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Smashville
(Skyworld)
Pictochat
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Onett
(Corneria)
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
(Big Blue)
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1

...is the list I've been using. Stages in brackets even I'm iffy about, but if we're doing massive strikes, stages that are banned because they are too good for two or three characters should be left on.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino (moved from S/C)
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet (moved from C)
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion (moved from C)
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) (moved from C)
Norfair (moved from C)

these are the 21 luke and I used and i copied from the SBR rulesets. They are solid and adding in banlisted stages would not make the system better. Also it takes alot longer to choose the 5 stages that will be used for the set so time could be an issue.

KarlR

Smash Cadet
Brawl's too hard, so I've been trying Melee.

its cus u play shiek in melee lolollolol

yea frazers list looks good imo

oh and green hill zone blows, wtf lets not have a stage that metaknight ***** on kk?

T-block

B2B TST
MK loses to Ganondorf on that stage lololol

Fraser's list + Onett + Mario Circuit is what I'm thinking now. I kinda wanna add Corneria and Rumble Falls though...

So I think you guys should all go and vote for my flyer in the contest ^^

Limeee

Smash Champion
lol you think brawl is hard so you're trying to play a harder game ?_?
he plays shiek. and he's reeeeeally bad

MK loses to Ganondorf on that stage lololol

Fraser's list + Onett + Mario Circuit is what I'm thinking now. I kinda wanna add Corneria and Rumble Falls though...

So I think you guys should all go and vote for my flyer in the contest ^^
how about just frasers list?
i'd actually wanna try that out if we just used frasers list.

Limeee

Smash Champion
so me and keith are doing this with frasers list

we struck down to:
FD, Frigate, yoshis (brawl), castle siege, pictochat, brinstar, and PS1
so we random and get frigate
Lime wins

2nd match
keith CP's Brinstar
Lime wins >.<

we make it a best of 5 set

3rd match