• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
4:00? That's ample time. Jack and Luke (and Adam if he's feeling better; damn sick ****), I'll be in the city by like, 3 o'clock or something. Expect to be picked up by then. Just so that I can make up for having to drive between places and the going to Stephan's. Especially since Rush Hour could suck depending on the roads and construction.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Gives me like an hour and some to play at least.

I hope you have an extra X360 controller? Lol.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I've got a wireless one? We need a PS3 to 360 adapter for the controllers... For our good friends like Ron.

Also, forget what I said last post. I'll pick Luke and Jack up at 4 because that's when Luke gets off of school. So I should be at Stephan's at about 4:30 if traffic is nice to us. I'll be in touch with you guys.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
i booked these flights but kelvin hasnt yet. he probs do it tomorrow

WS 573 on September 23rd. This is YEG to YVR, leaving 6:30pm.
WS 418 on September 25th. This is YVR to YEG, leaving 9:30pm.

u guys wanna meet up on the friday we leave and go the airport together?
Yep I booked the same ones.
I think it'd be easier if we just went there together or something. I'd be down for that if you guys are.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
What are your parking plans? I was hoping to get my family to drive me so I wouldn't have to pay parking or anything.
um yea if yur parents are cool with driving all of us to the airport then i would drive and park at yur house (if yur parents are ok with that as well) and then when coming back maybe yur parents pick us up and go to yur house and then i would drive myself home.

sound good?

EDIT: if u guys aren't down wit this i have my own way of getting to the airport but i just thought i would post this idea so that we could possibly go together instead of meeting up somewhere in the airport

T-block

B2B TST
yeah i'd like to go together as well

parking at my place might be okay - i'll check tomorrow. you'd probably have to leave your key though in case they need to move it.

ƸArcher¤AngelusƷ

Smash Apprentice
Completly random, but Mike H., did you take bus 133 today? I think I saw you sitting beside me but I didn't want to say Hi and be wrong lol

:phone:

ƸArcher¤AngelusƷ

Smash Apprentice
F I should of said Hi then, but like I said, I so didnt want to be like "Hey its my smash buddie Mike" "Uh sorry dude, but I don't swing that way"

^^^^

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I am glad that everyone who came by today did, especially since I got some BB practice in. Also I am happy that everyone enjoyed the Spaghetti I made.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I am glad that everyone who came by today did, especially since I got some BB practice in. Also I am happy that everyone enjoyed the Spaghetti I made.
Not as free as you thought I was, am I?

Good games and the best of luck at the tournament tomorrow. I know you'll turn some heads on your A-Game.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I'll be picking everyone up at around 5:30-6:00am, and then we'll eat breakfast and head out.

Please make sure to text me your address, so I know where to pick you up. Brandon will be staying overnight at our place (we have a ton of room). If anyone else wants to stay Thursday night, that'd be even better.

My number is 780.292.4124

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am gonna ask on Mark's behalf if it's possible for the carpool to leave at 11am. It'll get you into Vancouver kinda late, but mark has a chinese quiz worth 2%....

-___________-

brningpyre

Smash Lord
... I really don't know if that'll work. Is it possible for him to do a makeup quiz?

I mean, I guess we could, but we'd be getting there hella late.

Cathy

Smash Cadet
It's almost certain you can still get A and even A+ missing 2% of the grade. Just lose fewer marks on the other things than you otherwise would have. ^_~

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If you drive at a good pace, getting to vancouver with a couple of breaks can take as little as 11 hours. My neighbours do the drive every year, and that's how long it takes them (11-12).

Frio

Smash Champion
Assumes it's chinese, it's human ecology 100. TBH I think i might swap it out for a chinese grammar course so I might have no problem

KillLock

Smash Lord
Yeah just do that Mark. There's no way I would want to go later than what we have originally planned. Besides we'll need to practice up with what little time we have before tourney.

T-block

B2B TST
lol yeah swap courses so that you can go to a smash tournament woooo

but yeah, just talk to your prof and say you'll be on vacation, and ask if there's anything that can be done. if not.. it's just 2%...

Frio

Smash Champion
Im not switching and I already did she's just being an ******* >_>. She said first day of class tell me dates u cant be here so I can give u a different time for quizzes so I did. Probs just wanted dates to put them on, fml.

Frio

Smash Champion
So on the topic of Chinese can some Asian person read this? I wanna see if I got my translation right.

CHINA VER: 这第一年的学生是在中国出生,可是在美国提出的。 昨天我帮她把搬家宿舍。 她的家长想她住在宿舍适应大学生活,可是她觉得住在宿舍是不自由她想住在校外下学期.

God I hope you know what language this is version: That first year student was born in china but raised in America. Yesterday I helped her move into her dorm. Her parents want her to live in the dorm to get used to college life, but she feels that living in the dorm is too restrictive and she wants to live off campus next year.

PS White people, google translate does not help

Icy是谁?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
CHINA VER: 这第一年的学生是在中国出生,可是在美国提出的。 昨天我帮她把搬家宿舍。 她的家长想她住在宿舍适应大学生活,可是她觉得住在宿舍是不自由她想住在校外下学期.
Looks fine to me, just have a few comments though.

First character means this, not that.

Not too sure about "提出". This means like to give something, like a report. Try 长大, which means grew up, as in she lived her childhood in America.

家长 means more like a guardian rather than a parent, try 父母 which means parents (mom and dad).

The second 是 is not necessary in "可是她觉得住在宿舍是不自由".

Lastly, for the last part, try separating the two ideas like this: 她的家长想她住在宿舍适应大学生活,可是她觉得住在宿舍不自由. 下个学期她想住在校外.

By the way are you Chinese? And I think Icy's a Melee player in BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom