• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Real talk, when is the next smashfest gonna happen, and is there gonna be any holiday tournaments?

P.S. Barrack O'Brawler was the best name.

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
That was painful to read through. So many moments where i wanted to throw in my two cents about very gritty, rude, and unbelievable comments. And I'd love to write a long paragraph about smashfests vs tourney, and about the fees, but thats over, so instead I'll say this:

@vic

For the record, I've placed money once, that was 3rd place doubles, and I wanted an entry fee for this tourney and all future ones. So I find it truly rude that you would tell Dan to go get a job and re-say it by telling him to enjoy his "monthly paychecks". Learn some respect, I truly think you owe him, as well as Luke/Jack an apology. The fact that you threw away their opinions because they're good enough to place top 3 is insulting. Oh, and you owe an apology to keith, I never thought I'd see such a bad side of you vic...

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I was out all day and didn't get a chance to respond. In the interest of not prolonging things any further, I'll put my 2 cents under a collapse tag. You can read it you want, skip it if you want.

Oh c'mon, I don't care if Vic says I suck. Jamie tells me I suck, like, 24/7. I'm aware that I'm not that good, LOL. I enjoy playing Smash, and gradually getting better - holding serious, for-money tournaments is part of that.

I don't see why it matters to anyone that a small group people generally take the pot. It's 'cause THEY'RE BETTER AT THE GAME. And this is apparently not obvious, but YOU CAN ALSO GET BETTER. Treating Luke/Dan/Jack as if they're using us for money is just stupid and hateful. They're awesome guys who are fun to play against, and they're really good at Smash.

Sometimes we joke about "giving Dan a paycheck every month" or whatever, but that's just a joke. We LOL and whatever. Anyone that is seriously bitter about it is just mad salty. And when teh icy just takes BS jabs at Dan and others from the sidelines, it's pathetic.

Only scrubs complain about never being able to win. Everyone else (Ash, Maiko, myself, etc.) try to get better, and Dan/Jack/Luke are also trying to get better. If you're mad salty about Dan 3-stocking you, then whatever.

Obviously, people wanna play both for money, and just at Smashfests. So have both. This argument essentially ended several pages ago (and awkward topic changes as some people realized they didn't really wanna discuss it).

If you don't understand why people play fighting games competitively for money, then the competitive fighting game scene obviously isn't gonna be your thing. There's no need to be salty and take half-***** jabs at people about it.

I'm sad to have Victor and my bro leave the competitive scene, I really am. But we will keep hosting awesome tournaments, and hosting awesome Smashfests. I can take care of things myself if Mike gets bored.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'm so tempted to main jiggz btw. I'm not even kidding haha
Peach can suck it.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol yeah jiggs has amazing potential, but be prepared for incredibly long matches, because the only way jiggs can win is to air plank/plank and run away. Basically time you out.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Step 1: Wait for Ivysaur to up-b
Step 2: Hit R to roll off the ledge
Step 3: Don't die off the side before Ivysaur falls to her death

^_^
:mad::mad::mad:
*facedesks multiple times*

I least your Diddy stands no chance D:<
lol

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is the bomb, man. LITERALLY.

But Peach is awesome, too. No reason to give her up. Just main both, like Mike Wong does.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Jigglypuff is the bomb, man. LITERALLY.

But Peach is awesome, too. No reason to give her up. Just main both, like Mike Wong does.
lol
I won't drop her completely (I never could in the past).

But Jiggs is so bad that it makes it fun using her xD
I gotta step up my planking and timing out like Luke said rofl

Diddy Jiggs is the most boring matchup for Diddy lol... I don't have the patience to play it. We should mess around with it more imo
I kinda like the matchup haha
Yeah we should play it more. Except you're moving to Calgary for pretty much forever :(
When do you leave Edmonton exactly btw?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yeah sure, I could visit. Just let me know when you're not busy and stuff and hopefully I'm not working on the days that you're free lol

I think Diddys fair could wreck Jiggz though. But we'll test that out.

Limeee

Smash Champion
brawl rest sucks

and darren, the way you feel about peach is the way i feel about snake, you can never truly quit your favorite main <3

:009:

brningpyre

Smash Lord
*obligatory bashing of Maiko maining Diddy, blah blah blah*

Videos are uploading now, I'm up to Game 4 of doubles grand finals (poor Luke and Mark, LOL~), rest are on the way.

I'll update the video thread (ZOMG REALLY!?) later today.

Also, I'm thinking Smashfest in December. It'd be sick. I'll look into us being able to host, but if not can someone else? This is just an informal Smashfest to pass the time in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom