• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
i honestly think pipes is a much fairer stage than green greens mark

i'll do some more research into pipes, LM and also distant planet (i don't think that stage is bad really) before I make any arguments or decisions for or against them

lilseph

Smash Ace
In Winners Round 6, X (Sonic) has defeated (7) Dojo (MK) 2-1.
(158) Puffball64 (Sonic) has beaten (11) Shaky (Ness) 2-0.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I guess dojo has no johns, but I don't think they play very often. Same with zac vs espy >_>. W.e, I knew espy would do well, but that well??? ****.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
lmao you just can't believe it, Luke. stop trying to make excuses for them. this is ****ing MLG. you get in the top 16, it doesn't MATTER what happens, you're legit.

[EDIT]

Also, this is the first time that Espy has defeated Zac if I do recall.

[EDIT #2]

@ Mike

Unless X or Espy take him out. :cool:

brningpyre

Smash Lord
w/e guys it really doesn't matter in the end since Haze is taking the entire thing
Yeah, it's too bad he lost to Logic's Olimar, eh?

Honestly, I don't give a dam about the characters in the finals. It's all about the players, mang.

Edit: "d a m n" is censored? That's not even a curse word.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's too bad he lost to Logic's Olimar, eh?

Honestly, I don't give a dam about the characters in the finals. It's all about the players, mang.

Edit: "d a m n" is censored? That's not even a curse word.
actually i think becuz he made it to top 8 through loser's he was put up against either ADHD or M2K of the overall top 8 who weren't allowed in this tournament so technically he gets a bye first round of the championship bracket. It was all careful planning on his part.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am definitely not making excuses for them. Read my posts please >_>. I am merely saying that clearly the lack of sonic experience among players has gotten the best of them. I had no doubt in espy's skills as I did say expect to see good placings from him.

Why did people say anti was coming to this? I am disappointed that he isn't there, or did he get eliminated and I didn't see?

****, I was really hoping to see Zac in the pro bracket :(. I think if he beat espy it would've happened. How does Zac lose with all of those juicy stages????? Espy ***** I guess :/

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
"I am merely saying that clearly the lack of sonic experience among players has gotten the best of them."

That's an excuse if I ever saw any.

Get it out of your head, Luke. The impression I'm getting from you is that just because you know the match-up or what to do vs. a character (namely Sonic for example), like DAir camp with MK and tornado pressure or DTilt, that you shouldn't be losing.

Anything can happen if the player is good enough.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Brandon, you're trying to come up with a conflict where there isn't one. Give it a break, eh?

Edit: Wait, what? 1v1 doesn't wrap up until tomorrow?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Conflict? Not really.

I admit that it kinda irks me when someone tries to downplay an accomplishment, even something as simple as "doesn't know the match-up."

That's all.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Just searched up what a pilonidal cyst is..... No homo

EDIT: I could see gnes, anti or lee martin winning. Expect high placings from espy and UTDZac. South is gonna do well lol. I actually thought TKD might have been able to win, but since he's not going then I guess not.

My top 3 looks like this:

Anti
Gnes
Ally/Lee martin
K so since Anti isn't there I guess I'll say my predictions again (just for fun):

Gnes
Ally/Lee martin/logic
Ally/Lee martin/logic

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yes that is correct I do believe.

[EDIT]

I predict that X will defeat Nick Riddle. Against Lee Martin, if he uses Meta Knight he'll lose. If he goes with Lucario, however...I can't tell what's going to happen. Advantage goes to Lee Martin though if he uses Lucario.

Espy and Rich Brown could go either way... Gah so many unknown possibilities.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
i thought they weren't starting championship bracket until tomorrow, how come some rounds have already been done?

edit:
gnes will beat both fatal and ally, although dunno about lee

winners semis will be gnes vs lee and ESAM vs rich

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
From an idealistic point of view, why do we ban things at all? Why do we remove elements of the game that were intentionally programmed into it? We do so because competition is impossible otherwise. Following that line of thought, if competition is still possible on a stage, in this case Luigi's Mansion, and I argue that it is, it should not be banned; and by "should not be banned", I mean "does not need to be banned".
I agree with this actually.

But what will we gain by keeping this as a cp? Not much imo
What will we lose? Not much either.

It's just another cp really. One of those few cps however that are kind of on the fence. Some people would rather not have this stage as an option, and others would rather keep it. To me, it almost boils down to preference, and I see nothing wrong with that. Not when it comes to this atge anyways.

Would people here rather have this stage as an option for counterpicking? Or would you guys rather keep it off the list. I see nothing wrong with voting if others are up for this.

Like you explained in the rest of your post, Luigi's is fairly tactical, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, I guess. I personally love it's blast zones. But the Mansion itself creates problems which we should all know about by now, but these problems can, for the most part be countered by the fact that the Mansion can be destroyed.
How long does it take for the mansion to respawn after it's destroyed btw? It isn't that long as far as I know.

But you're absolutely right - this game does not suffer much from the loss of Luigi's Mansion. But is that really the approach you want to take?
Yes :woman:

Jigglypuff is the most underplayed character in the game. She has zero dedicated mains, and has very negligible tournament results. Her optimal play also revolves heavily around planking, air camping, and stalling in general. She's a pretty boring character. Let's ban her - the game doesn't really lose anything, right?
Noooooo Jiggz is the best and mad fun D:<
But yeah lets ban her as it won't make a difference anyways :(

T-block

B2B TST
lol i don't know what you're trying to say then darren. i'm glad you can see where i'm coming from though. the problem with a vote is that people don't take the time to educate themselves, and an uneducated vote is worse than a no vote imo. i bet no one can tell me off the top of their head how long before the mansion respawns. i bet no one can tell me how much it takes to destroy a pillar. it's 20 seconds before respawn btw. i mean... mike came to me and said he wanted to ban the stage, and he DIDNT EVEN KNOW THAT THE HOUSE DOESNT RESPAWN UNLESS EVERYTHING IS DESTROYED (no offence mike <3). a vote would not be productive in a situation like this.

top8:
esam
ally
lee martin
gnes
rich brown
x
mikehaze
atomsk

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I only figured a vote would be alright when we're dealing with something that doesn't really make a huge difference if it's legal or not.
.__.

We're a brawl community with like 15-20 people. What have we done that we can consider productive in the first place lol

and yeah, my guess was 30 secs on respawn, but I was being generous with that. At least now I know.

But whatever. If we keep it we keep it, if we don't we don't. Just wanted to involve more people in the decision.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
We've hardly ever seen Luigi's Mansion really get used in our region. But all it takes is one gay match in Grand Finals to get another stage banned...

*cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom