• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
oh and p.s. that thing i was talking about green greens that i captured on video before was the exploding wall glitch that can happen on that stage

i've been doing some research into stages now like yoshi's (pipes)
distant planet actually seems like a pretty good stage imo, luigi's not so much (haha sorry maiko)

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Ummm... Did you not know about that glitch or something? What's wrong with luigi's in your opinion then?
nah i didn't know about that glitch haha, the only glitch i knew about was the pikmin one

luigi's promotes circle camping when the stage isn't destroyed, which isn't too bad considering you can camp just as well on some other stages too. Sure you can try and destroy the stage (punishable), although after only 30 seconds the stage respawns and circle camping can continue again.

More noteable banworthy aspects are: MK's tornado and Olimar's USmash are fairly overpowered on that stage imo. I also dislike the fact that a "cave of life" can exist which really just turns whether or not someone gets hit by a kill a move into whether or not someone fails to tech properly.

those are the main reasons why I think luigi's shouldn't be a CP

P.S. I have difficulty organizing my thoughts as well as Maiko haha but hopefully you understand the gist of what I'm saying

T-block

B2B TST
Tornado and u-smash are only OP on LM if your opponent is stupid enough to stay on the bottom floor and let you use those moves over and over again. I've played Charizard vs MK on LM and never had a problem with Tornado.

You know what else is OP?

Tornado vs Falco on SMASHVILLE

That's been proven too, hasn't it?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i can't wait till 5 years from now where the only legal stages are reduced to like, 4

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Nah Victor, brawl players aren't being dumb, we're definitely trying to stay away from that.
unlike melee players

KillLock

Smash Lord
Tornado and u-smash are only OP on LM if your opponent is stupid enough to stay on the bottom floor and let you use those moves over and over again. I've played Charizard vs MK on LM and never had a problem with Tornado.

You know what else is OP?

Tornado vs Falco on SMASHVILLE

That's been proven too, hasn't it?
Sure you can stay away from the bottom floor but now you're on the defense and have to worry about sharking. Olimar can Up B through the stage as well to hit you, now all they have to do is keep you there one hit at a time.

Tornado isn't bad for Falco on Smashville. You can mix your recovery up with side B or just side b on the ledge/platform instead of right into it.

also we need to do japan stage list :)

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Link, just in case anyone forgot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgJFPb4hZDs

If MK has the lead and is on the bottom floor (which is extremely likely on LM), what do you do? Approaching from the sides is hella bad for pretty much every character, and approaching from the top is even worse (and not just 'cause of tornado).

Frio

Smash Champion
ATTENTION UoA SMASHBROTHER STUDENTS PEOPLE

Wanna make a smashbros dodge ball team >_>

So far White Mike, Luke and I are intrested

T-block

B2B TST
Sure you can stay away from the bottom floor but now you're on the defense and have to worry about sharking. Olimar can Up B through the stage as well to hit you, now all they have to do is keep you there one hit at a time.

Tornado isn't bad for Falco on Smashville. You can mix your recovery up with side B or just side b on the ledge/platform instead of right into it.

also we need to do japan stage list :)
This post is way too serious to be coming from Jack.

It's really not hard to avoid up-b from Olimar, and it's his only move that can hit you from the bottom as long as you're not actually standing on the middle floor. So yeah, maybe Ganondorf will have issues breaking the top part of the house... everyone else should be able to break the top half safely. If your opponent chases you, not only do you have him out of the bottom half, but he's also approaching you.

I wasn't serious about the comparison to Falco/Smashville. But, I have no doubt that if the exact same thing happened on LM, people would be crying and blaming LM for it.

Link, just in case anyone forgot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgJFPb4hZDs

If MK has the lead and is on the bottom floor (which is extremely likely on LM), what do you do? Approaching from the sides is hella bad for pretty much every character, and approaching from the top is even worse (and not just 'cause of tornado).
Excellent question ^_^

It's the ceilings that make it hard to approach, so take away the ceilings. As I said, if he's camping the bottom, he can't stop you from breaking the top. If he tries to stop you, he's away from the bottom and forcing conflict himself. Destroy one side of the house makes approaching a lot easier, since he has a lot less ceiling to work with. The platform in the middle is also at an interesting height, and some characters can use it to help their approach.

This one's hard to explain - I'll show you Friday or w/e

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
that was in regards to your statement that you said that asian ppl can't play dodgeball

it wasn't something i said about what i think

Limeee

Smash Champion
those platforms are hella gay when the stage is gone

MK can just dair camp and recover his jumps easy mode
and if you pressure him off he can just tornado or fly under the stage lolol

i thought if you break the top, it only destroys stuff above you? so the bottem camping/sharking is still an issue.
if you try to attack the bottem he'll hit you lol

:009:

T-block

B2B TST
i meant the stationary platforms in the middle

once the top is broken, his attacks will contribute towards breaking the bottom. in any case, your goal is not to break the whole house. the most desirable state is to have one side (left/right) of the house destroyed. mk wants the mansion back up, so he'll be the one to finish destroying it so it can respawn.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol, some subtle innuendo? I hate when an all asian team exists >_> they just end up doing really gay and stupid stuff, like jumping off eachother's back and thinking they're cool as if it was creative/hard or w.e

KillLock

Smash Lord
It's really not hard to avoid up-b from Olimar, and it's his only move that can hit you from the bottom as long as you're not actually standing on the middle floor. So yeah, maybe Ganondorf will have issues breaking the top part of the house... everyone else should be able to break the top half safely. If your opponent chases you, not only do you have him out of the bottom half, but he's also approaching you.
why would mk chase you? LOL

break the top house, not a big deal.

and even if you have half a bottom of the house, MK doesn't really need to concentrate on it - just stick with the game plan and knock the opponent off stage, then break the stage. also if you take the top off, mk just waits till you attack the bottom platform and punishes, or punishes if you try and get back in. also he can plank if the stage becomes wide open, until the stage comes back up. also i can see surprise shuttle loops from either side of the stage possible if you try and break the top pillars from a distance

****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't.

luke losing to your charizard there in friendlies is cool and all but it's not the best argument because luke plays wifi mk!!

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
so he keith recorded me playing ddr and is going to put it up on smashboards, nobody watch this, unless he puts it in the alberta tournament video thread haha, then we'll show off alberta's high tier ddr and get some vids of dan in there too

T-block

B2B TST
why would mk chase you? LOL

break the top house, not a big deal.

and even if you have half a bottom of the house, MK doesn't really need to concentrate on it - just stick with the game plan and knock the opponent off stage, then break the stage. also if you take the top off, mk just waits till you attack the bottom platform and punishes, or punishes if you try and get back in. also he can plank if the stage becomes wide open, until the stage comes back up. also i can see surprise shuttle loops from either side of the stage possible if you try and break the top pillars from a distance

****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't.

luke losing to your charizard there in friendlies is cool and all but it's not the best argument because luke plays wifi mk!!
I wasn't talking about Luke's MK there.

If MK doesn't chase you, you're allowed to manipulate the house as you wish.

Anyways, I admit what I'm talking about is mostly theory - but the thing is, nobody that's fought me on this stage has proven me wrong. Alvin tried at Ash's house one time... he went into the game with every intent to abuse the stage. He lost, and said "well if you know the stage it's okay", and then proceeded to argue for its ban for the sake of those who did not know how to play on the stage. Idk if he recalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom