• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Brake! READ IT!

Padô

Smash Lord
Well, as some of you guys saw in the G&W boards there is the Bucket Brake, which cancels the knock back after using the G&W's DownB, and thank them because our Down B can too! Ok we'll lose some height but I really dont think its a problem for kirby players! Just try it! Its amazing! See ya people!

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Didnt we just talk about this?
As said by Gonzo
"Unfortunately, never, Kirby's brick has so much startup time that the even if u use it ASAP after getting hit Dair would save u just the same. Brick breaks momentum only when kirby full transforms into the stone. During the transformation he's still susceptible to momentum. If Brick was as fast in the air as it was on the ground then we could definitely Brick break our momentum but as that's not possible brick is useless for stopping momentum."
Well, i didnt know before he told me either, but you should start surfing around the kirby boards more :p

Padô

Smash Lord
Pink Murder, I saw something about this, but not a specific thread explaining it! Then I decided to create this topic AND the way Gonzo said and you shown people will think its pretty useless, but it really isn't the only thing this thread lacks is a video.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
i've already tried this a thousand different times way b4 bucket breaking was ever thought up. The time it takes to completely transform into brick is is longer than the time u have in the air after getting hit even when u get hit from the complete opposite side of the stage. Its simple comparison, Its like this, if the time it takes to transform is = X and the amount of time u have to live is Y ............ Y < X

sweet and simple, i can't think of any other ways to help explain this, u can brick-break an attack if u the time u have to live is equal to the time it takes to transform but that's such a low percent that a Dair will easily save u.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Yeah here's the thread with recent information on air momentum canceling for Kirby which I created:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215835

Have a look through it, there have been people that have suggested ideas like yours, but Gonzo explains why they can't work well. TBH, someone told me that air momentum canceling was just a recently new discovered technique and that not a lot of people (Probably except the REALLY good players.) were familiar with it. So I asked around the boards on what was the best method for the characters I used when it comes to canceling air momentum. (Only 2 boards had reliable info on this. That's why I went to ask around.) Oh BTW, Stone comes out too slowly for it to be effective. Refer to the link I just gave for more reasons why. I'm too lazy to put it all up. Also FYI, Kirby's best method for canceling air momentum is:

Dair + Jump + >B (Hammer)

I would've put a video up, but I don't know how to get videos or even images off my laptop which I transferred from the Wii to my laptop. They do work on the laptop mind you!

Levitas

the moon
next time you use a dair on new pork city after being hit by a strong move at 400%, cry because you forgot about this. (lol)

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but NPC is banned in tournaments. So I don't think it would really matter anyway. I'm pretty sure you were aware about that anyway. (I HOPE you were...)

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
next time you use a dair on new pork city after being hit by a strong move at 400%, cry because you forgot about this. (lol)
Yeah, but NPC is banned in tournaments. So I don't think it would really matter anyway. I'm pretty sure you were aware about that anyway. (I HOPE you were...)
I'm also pretty sure he was joking.

400% would be to much anyways, especially if its a strong move.
And also because you'd be dead before your wii recognized that you were trying to do something.
hahahahahaahahaaha, in the words of Azen, to goodz

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
o_o

every time I've tried "stone braking" in the past, I've noticed that Kirby is still moving during the transformation, so it doesn't really help.

Also, why are you talking about Dair? Isn't Bair the best aerial to use because it ends the soonest?

I still use Dair too much for DI, but that's just a bad habit, I thought.

Bair->Stone would be nice if it worked, but apparently it doesn't.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Are people still seeing if this is any good (I prefer DAir anyway) or is this just a +1 post count thread?

If it's the latter, +1. :3

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
lol Garbonzo!?!?!? thats a dishonor and you should be proud to get cheap kills with Kirby, not every character can just suck u up and spit u out under the stage and say GG at the same time!!!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hehe... And Kirby's inhale has more priority than D3s... Not sure what that has to do with anything, but it's a funny fact.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Hehe... And Kirby's inhale has more priority than D3s... Not sure what that has to do with anything, but it's a funny fact.
I didn't know that Kirby's inhale had more priority than DDD's. Hmmm... Well I guess that's my fact for the day. Although IMO, I think that DDD's Inhale has more range than Kirby's, but it's easy to escape from DDD's inhale when he uses it at max range. Well for me anyway. :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirbycides are so easy to not fall for -_-

They only work when your opponent isn't expecting them, or IS expecting them but fails to avoid because wifi is terribad.

I almost never land Kirbycides anymore. When I do though, we're both usually close to 0% on our first stock.

Kirby's fun because he can essentially turn a 3-stock game into a 1 or 2-stock game. XD

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
D-air to cancel momentum? Doesn't D-air come out to slowly? I use either F-air or B-air, then fastfall it, then side b, since side b helps a tiny bit in getting your momentum back.

I only use D-air to cancel momentum when Kirby gets hit upwards.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
D-air to cancel momentum? Doesn't D-air come out to slowly? I use either F-air or B-air, then fastfall it, then side b, since side b helps a tiny bit in getting your momentum back.

I only use D-air to cancel momentum when Kirby gets hit upwards.
its also recommended to d-air whenever you get smash too close to the sides. As the momentum changes from straight to upwards the closer you are to the sides. No matter what kind of smash it is, thats how the new game mechanics work.

Top Bottom