• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What's more bada$$ than shouting out "Veni, Vidi, Vici!" when you win a match?

And if you lose, "Et tu, Brute?"

/Caesar jokes

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What's more bada$$ than shouting out "Veni, Vidi, Vici!" when you win a match?

And if you lose, "Et tu, Brute?"

/Caesar jokes
Since in Latin, "V" is pronounced as "W", just about everything is more badass than that. Weni Widi Wici sounds stupid, but means something cool :p

Although... you could onyl use it in teams.

I can't go to crit 3 because it's on 4th of july weekend :mad:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Age Overswarme, obliviscere feriis, per vices apud me lude!

Edit: Major cookies if anyone can figure out what I said.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
doesn't that mean that all you have to do is ignore your family and you couldn't possibly have any legitimate obligations keeping you from this? ^_^
Family, friends, a couple cute girls, and over a thousand dollars worth of explosives.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
*waits for legit excuse*

oh well >_> that sucks. Can't be squandering on cute girls and explosives [unless it's for Nackers, who embodies a strange combination of the two]
It does suck. I want to go, but just not gonna happen it seems.

:'(

Snipey

Smash Rookie
i made it to the last page, i cant believe it!

i've gotten a lot of great info from this thread, keep it comin

R.O.B = Wall-E ?

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
JCaesar: Drive, Overswarm, to forget (shouldn't this be oblicivisce, making it imperative?) the holidays, alternately play games at my house.

Just a bump: is there anything else I should specifically work on incorporating, beyond RAR'ing, glide tossing, and gyro canceling?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
JCaesar: Drive, Overswarm, to forget (shouldn't this be oblicivisce, making it imperative?) the holidays, alternately play games at my house.
Close... "age" is just a colloquial "come on" type of thing, "obliviscere" is the imperative form (it's deponent), and the rest you nailed pretty well. I was going for, "Come on Overswarm, forget the holidays, instead play at my house."

Give that man a cookie!

noodles

Smash Champion
mindgames, you can be the most technical ******* ever, but if you dont put any thought on who your playings habits , or yours, you can be punished.

EX1: when you got ko'ed and invincible some people tend to roll behind you , so respawn turn around charge fsmash punish.

EX2: you short hopped opponent has shield up, instead of attacking land run behind them, they (depending on how smart they are) go for a grab, ill wide open and stuff (no homo)

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Thanks for the info in this thread. I'm new to ROB, and am without wifi for this week. do you have any suggestions for things to practice?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Thanks for the info in this thread. I'm new to ROB, and am without wifi for this week. do you have any suggestions for things to practice?
Playing guitar. It's a lot of fun and gives you something to do, and if you can play wonderwall you can start a singalong at a party and make a girl think you're cute.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Ago has so many ****ed uses.... hate that word. I thought you just meant drive to your house o.O. And I didn't know oblivisco was deponent, that's cool.

Yeah, actually, mindgames and analyzing are sorta my thing. You've gotta play smart to play well. I played Samus back in melee; I think one of the worst things you can do is to be predictable. E.g. My brother used to play a counter-happy Marth, which rarely ended well for him; I learned just to wait just outside of his range, knowing he'd expect a missile or something, then run in. I don't know why he preferred counter so much.... *shrug*

O, and does anyone know of any good tournaments in the South, or at least a good place to find out where they would be? I know the southern scene doesn't begin to compare with anything in Cali, the MW, or NE, but I'd like to at least post some decent tourny results. I'm in Atlanta, if you need a specific area.

R.O.B.O.T.

Smash Cadet
i made it to the last page, i cant believe it!

i've gotten a lot of great info from this thread, keep it comin

R.O.B = Wall-E ?
Hey I did that first. Well I might have to get a match with you now. Pm me your friend code if you have one.

Sudai

Stuff here
Sudai is in the South and knows a few people from Louisiana over to Florida. Where at do you live, Frd?

Also, as to OS's guitar idea, I'd say go for it, but if you only have a week to learn, that'd be a bad idea. You'll want to know how to play more than just one song because, despite the initial "wow" factor at being able to play and sing a song, most girls get turned away when you can't do anything aside from play that one song. I'm not saying learn anything hard, but on top of wonder wall, learn a few other songs with easy to remember chords. The chicks will jump your wood. (It's your job to figure out if I'm talking about your wooden guitar or something else entirely.)

Wow...I just realized that I've contributed **** to the ROB boards in a while.. : /

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Right by Stone Mountain, about 30 minutes east of ATL.

As to contributing to this thread/board, I don't really know what I could, at this point. There aren't a whole heck of a lot of questions left for me to ask; just gotta practice.

waks

Smash Journeyman
Playing guitar. It's a lot of fun and gives you something to do, and if you can play wonderwall you can start a singalong at a party and make a girl think you're cute.
Lol XD Or you can go to the gym, or somethin..

Practice utilizing upb while doing aerials, or something like that.. ? Maybe.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hey me too Stryker. The bassists get all the girls... or something... nevermind...

I'm impressed that so many new people are coming to the ROB forum and actually reading this thread instead of making a new topic asking how to play. Maybe there's hope for Smashboards yet.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Hey me too Stryker. The bassists get all the girls... or something... nevermind...
Truth. Although I haven't played since I got into acting almost 2 years ago. hmmm I might have to brush up before heading up to your place for CH3 ^_^

Maybe there's hope for Smashboards yet.
You've doomed us all.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Before you get your hopes up, when I said I play bass, I meant I have a bass guitar and I can sorta follow tabs...

Sudai

Stuff here
All I know is that every girl I've talked to, excluding fan girls, would prefer the bassist over the lead. Bassist = great finger work with the strumming and all. ; )

Frd, sadly I don't know anyone in the Georgia area. I know they have a whole thread dedicated to Georgia in the regional zone though. : o

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I haven't heard from DSF or IoZ in a couple days. Chudat offered them both housing also, so I'm wondering if they're gonna stay with him and just haven't told me yet. I'll try to hit them on aim tonight.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
All I know is that every girl I've talked to, excluding fan girls, would prefer the bassist over the lead. Bassist = great finger work with the strumming and all. ; )

Frd, sadly I don't know anyone in the Georgia area. I know they have a whole thread dedicated to Georgia in the regional zone though. : o
Every girl you've talked to has lied.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
What are the odds so many bass players play ROB? I thought bassists were rare. Everyone wants to be lead guitar, cause OS is right, they get all the girls.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I haven't heard from DSF or IoZ in a couple days. Chudat offered them both housing also, so I'm wondering if they're gonna stay with him and just haven't told me yet. I'll try to hit them on aim tonight.
gahhh that'd be awful if they didn't stay at your place :( I really want to play DSF in Melee

Every girl you've talked to has lied.
Every girl you've talked to has bad taste...unless having an affinity for impotent man-boys is indicative of good taste >_>

cause OS is right
DON'T FEED THE BEAST!

Top Bottom