• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
hm really? i must be screwing up, i can only get in the grab half the time after i trip for some reason. it's actually more reliable for me when they shield the first one cuz i just go in for the grab right afterwards.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
What to do when MK is:

Uairing the crap out of you? WBGC doesn't work...

Spamming Who... I mean Tornado?

I don't see why it's 35:65 to us, it's 30:70... =/

-LzR-

Smash Hero
35-65 or 30-70 is the same ****, it still sucks.
You know what you can do about uair juggling? Kinda like nothing, our falling speed and huge frame makes it perfect for MK. NEVER GET ABOVE MK.
Also, you can always win nado from above, so I guess a well spaced fair can handle the job or a laser if you have time. Most of the other time, you are screwed.

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
Any tips on the fox MU. Fox is too fast and powerful and I always get ***** by uair and usmash.
Any advice will help.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Naw, I think he's serious.

ROB's nair has an amazing hitbox
Lazer ***** nado and sideB
Retreating Fair owns his approach
Bair cancels his shuttle loop

I'd say 50:50 or 55:45 ROB like Allied said.

-LzR-

Smash Hero

You must be trolling too right?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well what you just said is horribly wrong. Laser does win against sideB, but no MK is going to use it anyways. Rob's nair doesn't have an amazing hitbox.
Retreating fair doesn't own his approach.
And everything in the game cancels his shuttle loop.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014

Oh please...

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You kidding me? Lazer does so good against SideB and nado. As long as you space correctly, you can counter most instances of it.

Nair also DOES have an amazing hitbox. In fact, it's like a conglomerate of hitboxes circling him like a pizza pie.

Retreating Fair DOES own his approach; you're doing it wrong.

Bair is still sexy.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Since when did retreating Fairs "own his approach"? You just beg about a tornado. And please PLEASE explain to me how you can say that this's a "50:50" match-up or even in R.O.B.'s favour?! Are you insane LoL!?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Laser is so slow that MK can reach you before you are able to release the move and MK won't be using nado that far when you have time to do it and no MK is going to sideB. Also, like ccst said, retreating fair is asking for nado, which leads to a juggle. Oh and did I mention Rob can't recover?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
LzR, you obvious lazer wrong if you get hit.

When you retreat fair, just use a Nair to hit MK out of his nado.

Simple.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You can't nair while you are fairing obviously, but I get your point. Well, you press B, Rob leans backwards, MK presses B and is now in Rob's face ready to ****. gg.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Sooooooooooooooo theres a tourney near my school in December so I'm playing Brawl again. Anything happen to the metagame in the past 9 months? Or is ROB still outclassed by all of his minor shortcomings? Any crazy matchup twists? Jumpman are you trolling? And WHERE ARE SUDAI AND JCAES????? I dont see them posting, and it makes me a saaaad panda....

....robot.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well, there have not been any new ATs discovered, which is to be expected as this game is about 2 and a half years old. However, there have been many advances in ways to actually play the character, which you probably would've known if you'd been playing the past 9 months in the first place. There's no real way to explain everything to you anyway.

D

Deleted member

i dont know why but i cant consistantly pivot gyro with rob. Like 75% of the time is comes out as just a turnaround gyro.

I dont play any characters that ever pivot down b, so help!

Sharky

Smash Master
lol stocky

what I normally do is a half circle with the control stick from the direction I'm facing to the direction I want to go, obviously pressing b in the middle.

Man GwJ, you're legit and all, but I'd say don't troll in the Q&A thread. People come here expecting serious answers, and might take what you say as true without sticking around long enough to find out you're trolling. You should prolly keep that in the social.

Which, might I add, is in serious need of moar you.:leek:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Man GwJ, you're legit and all, but I'd say don't troll in the Q&A thread. People come here expecting serious answers, and might take what you say as true without sticking around long enough to find out you're trolling. You should prolly keep that in the social.

Which, might I add, is in serious need of moar you.:leek:

I know, I need to visit the social more often. I keep getting caught up reading the Black Ops/Zelda Mafia/Proving Grounds threads.

LiNKoMAC

Smash Rookie
Can anyone give me a detail description on R.O.B.'s glide toss?

My friend was able to run passed R.O.B.'s down-b, slide across the stage and toss it up.

How do I do this?

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Can anyone give me a detail description on R.O.B.'s glide toss?

My friend was able to run passed R.O.B.'s down-b, slide across the stage and toss it up.

How do I do this?

Detailed is a bit hard because its pretty simple.

Basically you just roll and hit the cstick in whatever direction you want to throw the item. Theres different timings you can do to get a short toss and a longer toss.

You can't do it with the gyro on the stand though.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
You press a direction, and then press R and the C-stick or A. C-stick is the easiest.

Basically ROB has a four frame window during the beginning of his forward roll where you can press either Analogue stick+Z, Analogue Sick+A, or a C-Stick direction to cancel his roll into a glide toss. Inputting a toss on frame 1 gives you the best possible slide, and inputting on the other three gives you an okay one. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Though like Cubone said, you have to actually shoot the gyro from the stand first and pick it up before you can glidetoss. Seems like it would be obvious but yeah.

Top Bottom