• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Match-up Ratios(New Ratios!)

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Is there any videos, or examples, of this infinite affecting a tournament match?

I dont doubt it, it just seems a little overhyped thats all (I'm thinking its not exactly the easiest infinite to pull off)
Find me a recent ZSS vs ROB tourney match at all please

The thing is, dsmash is a constant threat that forces you to play differently or risk getting *****. Like TheMike said, you'll be in the air more, which is exactly where we want you for normal ZSS strategy purposes.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
More like I'm gonna be on the ground so I can powershield all her spacing moves all. ****ing. day.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
How come the more I play the MK matchup gets easier to fight while Snake matchup gets harder?
Because you're playing against Meta Knight a lot more while you play against Snake with zero frequency, you probably have short-term memory loss of specifics in matchups. ;)
Or like you said in the social thread, you're inconsistent.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i guess i do have short term mem loss on matchups lol. against umbra and cam yesterday i lost match 1 then remembered the matchup and played perfectly matches 2 and 3.

but like, every time i think i understand the snake matchup and kno what to do, then i find another snake opponent that counters that and does something else. the gimp rly isnt working much anymore on snakes, and after that it takes forever to kill him

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
i guess i do have short term mem loss on matchups lol. against umbra and cam yesterday i lost match 1 then remembered the matchup and played perfectly matches 2 and 3.

but like, every time i think i understand the snake matchup and kno what to do, then i find another snake opponent that counters that and does something else. the gimp rly isnt working much anymore on snakes, and after that it takes forever to kill him
Ya, I feel you. And, I've noticed the whole "follow them into the air when they cypher and look for a KO option that way" is getting picked up on as well.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
from the people i have played and the matches i've seen it seems to me that snake has more variations in the way he is played then MK. its kinda like MK's have a certain way of playing b/c thats what mk does while snakes can be played in different ways depending on your opponents play-style.

So it makes sense u can do the mk MU better since there is less to adjust to when fighting different MK while different snakes could have almost completely different play-styles

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i mean dont get me wrong MK is still freicken impossible to fight off stage, the only way to successfully recover is to flat out pick the option that gives u the least damage lol, or to confuse the hell out of them and rip through them with a uair or nair, even though MK has like 80 attacks that can outprioritize most moves lol.

once i started getting used to the fsmash spacing on nado the matchup started getting easier.

Top Bottom