• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Lord Helmet, you should MM me and prove you have more balls than Ally :D

serge313

Smash Cadet
I have a teammate list of like: Bonds then Xatic in that order they asked. If Bonds doesn't go and Xatic finds a teammate, then I am Free to team with you.

My bets though are that between Bonds and Xatic, I'm going to have a teammate. Although I wouldn't mind running that ZSS/Gw shenanigan lol

There is no stage called Battleship Halberd.
why didn't you want to team with me? lol

serge313

Smash Cadet
so who's going to be in my pool? I don't expect to be with the best players. I don't know how things work in tournaments (considering it's my second one) so yeah, any details for that matter? lol

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I believe pools will be made the day of the tournament after sign ups are finished. So you'll likely have to find out right when pools are beginning the day of the tournament.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
so who's going to be in my pool? I don't expect to be with the best players. I don't know how things work in tournaments (considering it's my second one) so yeah, any details for that matter? lol
You will have someone great in your pool guarenteed, but if its your second tourney remember a few things:

Have fun
I find this to be most important and its never let me down yet

Ask questions
If you don't know the playing procedure ask someone around you, if you see someone using a char you like and they do something you can't ask for tips most people are nice to new people and willing to help

Try to learn as much as possible
This goes well with the last one but if you do it you will rise quickly

serge313

Smash Cadet
I believe pools will be made the day of the tournament after sign ups are finished. So you'll likely have to find out right when pools are beginning the day of the tournament.
oh okay, that sounds good, as long as I'm not with pros in pools. Idc about brackets lol.

serge313

Smash Cadet
You will have someone great in your pool guarenteed, but if its your second tourney remember a few things:

Have fun
I find this to be most important and its never let me down yet

Ask questions
If you don't know the playing procedure ask someone around you, if you see someone using a char you like and they do something you can't ask for tips most people are nice to new people and willing to help

Try to learn as much as possible
This goes well with the last one but if you do it you will rise quickly
How many people per pool and how many don't pass? yeah, I always have fun. Last time I lost to lain and roller (I think) in brackets and to ragequaza in pools lol.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
You get seeded according to results and what the TOs believe to be an accurate discernment of your skill.

I'll tell you up front, there will be multiple people who are considered good in your pool. This tournament is stacked for starters. And also you don't have many tournament results. So you're gonna have to work for getting out. Many of us will. Just have fun and bring your A game.

serge313

Smash Cadet
You get seeded according to results and what the TOs believe to be an accurate discernment of your skill.

I'll tell you up front, there will be multiple people who are considered good in your pool. This tournament is stacked for starters. And also you don't have many tournament results. So you're gonna have to work for getting out. Many of us will. Just have fun and bring your A game.
Considering I just got back into the game last month, I believe I should be with the people that aren't as good lol. Plus, I didn't do too well last time, so yeah, it follows.. but like you said, I can't choose lol

DeLux

I main Zero Suit Samus/Pit/MK...

I quit ICs months and months ago

serge313

Smash Cadet
I main Zero Suit Samus/Pit/MK...

I quit ICs months and months ago
aah, well I read that you were really good with IC, so I assumed. I'll mk ditto you since I also main mk just for fun. So does this mean you'll team with me? lol

DeLux

Double MK is banned, sorry

We'd be too broken if we teamed

DeLux

Why would I ever want to play Pit or ZSS against MK >_>

Sounds like an irrational decision to me.

serge313

Smash Cadet
I think zss is better than pit.. and I'll fight the mk while you focus on the other one lol, if not I can use my second main so you can choose mk and alternate to see which works best.

DeLux

I don't think it's fair for you to be forced to play your secondary to team with me.

DeLux

I was under the impression that this was a game of skill played for money with entry fees involved >_>

serge313

Smash Cadet
who said my second main doesn't have skill? lol.. you need to risk and have new experiences. when have you ever teamed up with someone you think of with no hope? I think that's a better experience than teaming up with someone you already know lol.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
lol delux is going hard right now.

also wtf Lordy you should have said you needed a teammate earlier.

DeLux

who said my second main doesn't have skill? lol.. you need to risk and have new experiences. when have you ever teamed up with someone you think of with no hope? I think that's a better experience than teaming up with someone you already know lol.
Your argument is moot though because the people that have asked to team with me before you (Bonds and Xatic) I've also never teamed with, so that in itself would be a risk and new experience.

I don't understand the rest of your argument so maybe you could clarify it for me?

DeLux

I am deathly allergic to cats :(

I hope I'm not housing with you ( in the nicest way possible)

serge313

Smash Cadet
I didn't know you had never teamed up with them. This isn't an argument and everything I said made sense, which part do you want me to clarify? lol.. it isn't a big deal Delux, you could have just replied other people had asked you earlier to team up with them and that it isn't possible when I messaged you. That to me has more courtesy than indirectly denying to team up with me lol.

DeLux

I didn't know you had never teamed up with them. This isn't an argument and everything I said made sense, which part do you want me to clarify? lol.. it isn't a big deal Delux, you could have just replied other people had asked you earlier to team up with them and that it isn't possible when I messaged you. That to me has more courtesy than indirectly denying to team up with me lol.
I courteously gave you like 4 or 5 different reasons why teaming wouldn't work. You kept pushing different reasons though.

I don't understand why you said it would be more worthwhile to team with someone I have no hope in.

serge313

Smash Cadet
the message I sent you wasn't today. If not for your reasons today, I would have never known. Oh, and because you said that this game was about skill after I said I can use my second main lol

DeLux

I don't understand why you are asking to team with someone where a prerequisite would be an intentional handicap though (whether it be you being forced to not play MK or me being forced to play against MK without my MK).

That's not worthwhile.

That's just irrational.

Top Bottom