• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah man, the guy wins tournaments like nothing. He should be ballin' more than most of us right now.

:phone:

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
I don't even know if I can afford to help him. He's asking for like a minimum of $60...and with so many other people traveling and the others who asked first its gonna be a stretch. I'm not going bankrupt over this tournament lol. I told him I MIGHT be able to help. We'll see.

And lmao how would you even run a D3 side event?
I'd offer to help but I don't think someone who makes more money playing this game then I make at work makes sense

Patches

Smash Master
Mew2King dont be cheap, I'm sure there's broke people that would like to go to this that can't.
Yeah like me. I'm broke as **** cause I was in the hospital for 4 days + my prescription + I quit my job. LOL and I'm still trying to figure out a way to this. If anything Tech should give me the $60 If I need it to get here. :$

Patches

Smash Master
I was never asking. :yeahboi:

I'm not like that, I don't like taking people's money. But if someone was kind enough to help me get here, assuming I need it (I still have two more shifts of work, plus whatever money I get for handing in my uniform), then I'd be more than gracious to accept it.

Plus, once I was financially stable again, I'd be more than happy to return the favour by either paying for someone to come to a tournament in Toronto, or by paying them back. :p

Roller

Smash Legend
y'all gonna help m2k get here over me? from the same state? I see you.

I SEE YOU.

;;

Also, you may wanna remove my name from the TOs. Sergio had texted me earlier in the day yesterday asking questions and stuff. I answered them, but yeah. He tried to get me to give m2k a ride as well.

Not having a license causing problems now. May have to get on that...

EDIT: To be clear I don't actually want financial help from you, Tech. It'd be waaaay too grimy. Even with me not having a job, you definitely need and deserve the money more than m2k or me or most other people trying to come. I would not give Jason the $60 if I were you. If somebody else really wants him there, then they can donate.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
So when m2k wins the tourney hes taking you to eat a nice steak dinner and paying you back tenfold right? cause thats what im gonna do

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
My financial aid is need based.

The one thing I absolutely will not do is GIVE a top player money when I know they can just afford the trip. I will FRONT someone money but if they make some big boy bucks you can assume I'm taking some, most or all of it back when I do payouts.

It just depends on the situation. Like last time I helped Averil because ******** circumstances beyond his control left that man a little broke. And everything worked out and he paid me back the money I fronted him without any fuss.

I love to help people but I'm not rewarding any top level player for being lazy.

JTsm

Smash Master
For someone like m2k to win his past 3 tournaments recently, he shouldn't be asking for handouts. lol

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Don't quote tweet this with some nonsense you trolly friendly neighbors haha much love

Last edited:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Patches, what is the status of your coming to this? I need to know for sure in case I have to find a replacement partner.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Alright, the money issue is understandable. I'll find a backup partner just in case though. I'll ask again closer to the event date to see how things are going.

Patches

Smash Master
I wanna MM everyone. ): But I'm not sure if its in my budget yet.

HOWEVER, AT THIS. IF YOU WANT TO MONEY MATCH ME, COME UP TO ME AND ASK. <3 I'll let you know if it's possible.

And thanks Ori! <3

Top Bottom