• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road Runner Presents $7500 Super Smash Bros Brawl Online Ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Anti you need to sue them, get a lawyer ;)
Nah, but seriously this is really wrong. Promising a huge amount of money and never giving it after, this is what I call false advertissing. I'm pretty sure it's illegal too, considering this is from an known party.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Yeah i dont want to get into the suing business lol. i just hope they give me my money in some way shape or form.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
MONEY BACK MONEY BACK MONEY BACK

But seriously, this is really ghey. Definitely false advertising if they don't pay up.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
MLG_JV may you please contact MLG and ask them for my money.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Anti don't wait around forever. This is a legitimate reason to sue and you will win the case, unless of course MLG_JV could magically convince them to cough up your money, I suggest taking this into your or your parents hands.

Big business is big.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Yeah Niko but the thing is i just IM'ed Wes and he said "it can take anywhere from 1 month to 3

Im just trying to get it ASAP so i can go to Genesis.

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman
Imagine...
''Local teenager from New York sues major company Road Runner for false advertisement. More on that later. Lets go to Mike Woods for the weather forecast. ''

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Yeah Niko but the thing is i just IM'ed Wes and he said "it can take anywhere from 1 month to 3

Im just trying to get it ASAP so i can go to Genesis.
i got that ****ing message 7 months ago from GB head admin, don't ****ing believe their lies!!!!!!

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
**** Mike Woods totally screwed me over with his faulty forcast.

I lost my leg in that hurricane...

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
No, I stand by my assumption that he was made up.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
i won 2 singles tournaments of this and i have yet to be paid, MLG is ****ing gay!!!!!!!!!
We should try and avoid posting comments like these. Anti/Ally, I feel for ya guys and I hope you're able to get what you've earned.

If it goes through smoothly, hopefully we can look forward to another season without these issues. If it comes to it, yeah getting a Lawyer might be a good idea.
- OSM

ANTi_

Smash Hero
We should try and avoid posting comments like these. Anti/Ally, I feel for ya guys and I hope you're able to get what you've earned.

If it goes through smoothly, hopefully we can look forward to another season without these issues. If it comes to it, yeah getting a Lawyer might be a good idea.
- OSM
Hopefully, i want to go to Genesis and S.I.N so badly need that money.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Wow, didn't notice that many ppl we're waiting for their pay O.o, its kinda ridiculous if u ask me, i remember watching vids of Fliphop and Co18 like last year to get their pay for 3rd/4th place in RoadRunner Fall Ladder, and I'm guessing they still haven't got their pay. GB must suck.

Oh, btw, GB is full of scrubs, only like top 30 at most are the better portion of GB. Most SSBB players their don't even know what they are doing. And neutral stages on GB are somewhat outragous.

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
I will try to get an official update on this and post up and let everyone know.

I understand this has taken probably longer than it should have. But In the history of MLG people have always been paid. So hang tight for a bit while I get an update.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Can you somehow get them to respond soon? or is it going to take like 9 months lol.

And are they paying for Spring 09 season?

Conti

Smash Ace
lol ^^^^ ALL OF THIS
is why i will never play GB for Brawl...
GB is only good to play for like Call of Duty, Gears and Halo...

{idk why brawl is just a joke on there :'( }

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Can you somehow get them to respond soon? or is it going to take like 9 months lol.
Ok, so got an update for you guys. What had happened was there was a backlog and bottleneck with the paper work being processed (not just with Brawl, across everything), and on top of that people not filing out the forms correctly and fully compounded the situation. They realized the problem and fixed it. Everyone should get checks within 1-3 months. If for some reason there was a problem with your form they will get in contact with ya.

So yeah sorry about the delay, but everyone should be getting checks fairly soon here.

P.S. This all assumes you filled out the ticket for your prizes, and submitted the forms as per the GB system. If for some reason you havent, do that now.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Somehow I think this topic has served its purpose.

bribri: this particular competition has ended, but there's a summer ladder you can read about in the Announcements (not Discussion) room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom