• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RIP Coandme

Sudai

Stuff here
Oh wow. I didn't know him personally, but I read a lot of his post around the boards and he seemed like a really cool guy. It really sucks to know that happened.

I'd like to wish his family, friends, and crewmates my deepest condolences and I'd like to let them know that all of them will be in my prayers right after Coandme.

Jenova99

Smash Journeyman
OMG!!! i knew him!!!!!!! he was a fellow GA smashplayer like i once was. wow. my condolences to his family. may his soul rest in heaven.

P.S what happened anyway???

N64

Smash Champion
Sad to hear he passed on. I didn't know him very well, he popped into the pika forums every so often, but he posted everywhere and i'm sure he was well known across the boards for one thing or another.

my prayers go with his family and friends.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I am completely joking when i say this, but you know the internet couldnt be the internet without a joke.

[sarcasm]
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=88128

Can I sue the Soul Calibur Announcer? Cause clearly, a Legend has died. :(

[/sarcasm]

/me pours out some of his soda.

I never met the guy, never played him, never really heard much about him. All i know about him is i showed up to a tourney he hosted, that he didnt show up to, and that he's ****.

I think I might play some Samus at SA just to show some respect.

R.I.P. co_and_me.

/me pours out a lil more soda.

Gerbil

Smash Champion

Mike was the first person to ever kick my *** in a Smash Tournament, LftC1... he was the guy that made going to tournaments fun. Always had a good joke to tell, always was able to make you laugh even when you wern't in the best of moods. My prayers go out to his family.

Rest In Peace Mike, you've earned it.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
man, he was the whitest Mike i knew. As a few of you know, i called him White Mike, and i loved that guy. I was planning to drive to florida and see him, but i guess i can't now. thomas, do you know when the funeral is? i want to make it for that...

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Hopefully i'll say something a little longer and better written later, but i have to go to work in a minute and nothing aid on smashboards will be taken too seriously anyway in a situation like this.

As i've said in the past, mike was on of my favorite people, not just smashers, because he was able to be funny, good at smash, kind, very smart, and actually had priorities in life. He was a wonderful person that i will miss on many levels and i think its a shame to never see what he would have done for the world. I'm not a very religious person, so i'd be lying to myself if i said my prayers would be with him, but the best i can do is saying that a piece of my heart will always be there for you mike, and if i have a chance to ever see you again i will. Rest in peace bro.

Wes

Seph20

Smash Cadet
Co-and-Me, Mike, or what I've known you as (COME).. I did'nt really know you that well as a good friend, but I knew you were a very kool person and I gots mad respect for you as a smasher. I'll miss you man, and my prayers go out to you and your family.

-Darvel (Seph)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I met him a little over a year ago, when I went to my first serious tournament and my Smash career first came into fruition. He was quite friendly to me and everyone else he was around.

During the next few months, as I got more involved in the Smash community, he welcomed me and made me feel at home quite quickly. He had a talent for always making people laugh. Many of my favorite Smash-related jokes and memories come from this guy.

My condolences to his family.

"Watch out, Marth's probably going to try to hit you with his sword attacks!"

You will be sorely missed, Mike.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Well, I don't know any of you (except for recognizing your SmashBoards names) and I never knew Co_and_me, but I had seen his name on the boards before, and it's sad that a fellow Smasher has been lost. That being said, R.I.P. Co_and_me.

Somasu

Smash Ace
Didn't know you Co_and_me. Didn't ever play you. Never even saw your face.

But I have seen your messages on the boards, and I have heard of what a wonderful person you are as a smasher, a friend, and a family member.

Sad to see you go. My heart is with your family. May you rest in peace.

Jx31

Smash Ace
I never met coandme, but he really seemed like a good guy form his posts. I will be praying for his family.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Samus taunt in honor of Co and Me

Co you were the Samus i always looked up to and I still do. From beating the crap out of me in Samus dittos to watching you wercking people with pichu at SmashAid 7 you were always made going to tournys that much more fun.

I will be representing your color Samus at Smash aid. May you rest in peace my good friend.
~Alpha

Somasu

Smash Ace
I declare that we should get a big card for his family. Bring it to Smash Aid for all of us to sign.

It's one of the only things I can think to do for his family right now, besides leaving our hearts and prayers for them.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Co and me was a really cool guy. :o Whenever I played him or watched him play he was always quite funny and always had a joke to tell.

I like Soma's idea about the really big card.

nice1

Smash Lord
R.I.P. co, i didn't get to know u well but i probably played u at smash aid and got rocked. Now you are in a better place and ain't hurting no more. u were a great smasher and a greater friend

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
*deep breath*

Co was one of the first people I came to know in Georgia. One of the reasons I wanted to come back for more smash. Known him for more than a year now. He was always happy to hear I'm coming down from South Carolina, with posts like "**** TRC is coming to this? I might have to try and make it" and he always treated me like more than just "another smasher" and I always appreciated that.

He is one of the funniest people to ever grace this earth and he will be missed so badly by many of us.

He used to four stock me a lot, he taught me how to "kinda" overcome Samus... He was one of the best people I ever met through this game...

This is a tragedy if ever there was one...

<3 ---Co_and_me, the other Mike G---

derf

Smash Ace
mike was one of the nicest and funniest people ive met. My heart goes out to his family and friends. Thomas, if you need someone to talk to, call me

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
Really gonna miss Co. The first time I met him was SAVII and he was beating somebody's *** with Pichu and making all of us laugh by making some of the funniest sounds throughout the match. He always knew how to keep things fun and silly, even during important matches. It's a real shame to see someone die so young, especially someone as cool as Mike.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Wow wtf @ when I saw this thread. I can't believe this..... I loved that guy. I only met him a few times but he was really cool to hang out with.

And to the people going to smashaid, I think you guys should do the card thing someone brought up. It would show his parents he had lots of friends and stuff.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I met Mike for the first time when we won Teams at Devotion.

I watched in awe as he picked random on everyone in his pools, and even 3 stocked a captain falcon with bowser.

I never thought news like this would reach me so abruptly. Words truly cannot express what it feels like to know that the world is now forever missing out on Mike's company.

All that can be said is that his pain is gone, and may he rest is peace. We all know that someone as amazing as Mike did not deserve such a fate. You have my love, bro.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
There is so much that Smashers are dealing with under the cover of this website that many of us will never know. I've seen two smashers commit suicide and two die from health problems in my time here. In times like this, be reminded of the need to support and love each other rather than tear down, especially since you never know what others are really going through in their homes. The common bond of Smash we share is a superficial one, but that doesn't mean the relationships formed through that bond are superficial at all.

I understand your loss. You have prayers going out from me tonight to everyone touched by this man. Do the card thing if possible at Smash Aid. Too many people with good messages in this thread for them not to have a chance to give back to the parents in some way. I'm sorry I did not know him, as he sounds like an excellent person that brought joy to people, even under tremendous suffering of his own. There is strength of character there that we should all strive for.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Didn't know you Co_and_me. Didn't ever play you. Never even saw your face.

But I have seen your messages on the boards, and I have heard of what a wonderful person you are as a smasher, a friend, and a family member.

Sad to see you go. My heart is with your family. May you rest in peace.
The exact way i feel you put it into perfect words

Frigid_Aztec

Smash Apprentice
I'm new to this place, I've never met him before, or even heard of him for that matter. But still I feel sad, from reading the posts on this thread it seems that alot of people liked him, and that he was a cool guy to hang around with.

I've been to one tournament in Florida before, it was called Get Commited (it was at a place called Gamers Asylum) and I might have seen him. What does he look like?

Anyways, my condolences to his family.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Wow.... Just wow... I'm seriously stunned right now... My condolence's to his family, as well as Thomas.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Co (mike) was a good guy and i enjoyed hanging with him at a few tournies in gainesville and at SAVII especially. A great guy with a big sense of humor, he will be missed.

My condolences to all his family and friends.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
May he rest in peace, he is now in a better place. I hope you feel better Thomas, losing a friend like this must be tough. I wish I could've met him... :(

Gerbil

Smash Champion
When you guys get the card going at SA, will someone please do me the favor of signing my name on it? It sounds somewhat pathetic, but I can't make SA, but it'd mean a lot to me even if it wasn't my own signature...:(

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Sign my name on that card, too...my real name - meleeguy heh

****...I didn't know what to say when I read this, and I still don't, but I'll try.

I read this right before the tampa tourney started yesterday. rocked me pretty hard. I mean, I knew it was happening, but still. and I almost put my name as COME, but I realized i wasn't able to...it wasn't right.

I didn't know Mike too well myself, but I was at about 4 or 5 tourneys he attended. He completely destroyed everything I thought about Samus. heh. And he was honestly one of the nicest jerks I think I've ever met...no, I'm not being mean. heh...we had that conversation before.

I'll always remember him as such a hilarious and just overall nice guy. From asking me to have fun in pools at Doodah's tourney (Ness vs Pichu ftw!) to shouting "I HAVE A LASER!!!!", doing 500%+ to a random noob with Falco....with just SHL.

He didn't deserve this, but God bless him and take him. You were amazing, Mike. always.

I'd be interested to know when/where the services will be...

And Thomas...you can always call me too, man...anytime. 863.603.9774

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
SmashMac post:

Geez. This is so terrible. I knew co_and_me personally and I've played him and talked to him at a couple of tournaments. He's the guy that taught me how to SHL, and him and exarch were the first guys I ever played that were advanced and competetive. I truly give all of my condolences to his family and anyone else that knew him. He was an awesome/hilarious/great guy and smasher. Bye Co_and_Me. You were definanlty one great guy.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I never met him personally but he taught me a lot of stuff in smash from this video.

I really wish I could have met him in real life. I saw on the hub that he died, it hit me really hard since I actually knew who he was on the boards.

He sounds like he was a great person, I hope I get to meet him someday.:urg:

Top Bottom