• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread

I Am K

Smash Rookie
I'm figuring this is the right thread...

My GCT codes have worked fine up until I went over the 256-line limit. Now Brawl won't load at all. I just get a black screen. I was wondering...
If the Snapshot Hack works with Riivolution?
Or is there a different method of making 256+ GCT codes work?

EDIT: problem solved, thank you!

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Go download one of the Brawl hacks in the Brawl Code Sets forum and then take the gameconfig.txt and put it in the root of your SD Card.

drewtwo99

Smash Rookie
To those of you wondering how to get the custom stages working in brawl using riivolution... change the modlauncher.xml custom stage information to this:

<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom01.rel" disc="/module/st_custom01.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom02.rel" disc="/module/st_custom02.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom03.rel" disc="/module/st_custom03.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom04.rel" disc="/module/st_custom04.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom05.rel" disc="/module/st_custom05.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom06.rel" disc="/module/st_custom06.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom07.rel" disc="/module/st_custom07.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom08.rel" disc="/module/st_custom08.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom09.rel" disc="/module/st_custom09.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom0A.rel" disc="/module/st_custom0A.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom0B.rel" disc="/module/st_custom0B.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom0C.rel" disc="/module/st_custom0C.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom0D.rel" disc="/module/st_custom0D.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom0E.rel" disc="/module/st_custom0E.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom0F.rel" disc="/module/st_custom0F.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom10.rel" disc="/module/st_custom10.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/st_custom11.rel" disc="/module/st_custom11.rel" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM01.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM01.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM02.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM02.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM03.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM03.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM04.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM04.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM05.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM05.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM06.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM06.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM07.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM07.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM08.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM08.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM09.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM09.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM0A.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM0A.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM0B.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM0B.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM0C.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM0C.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM0D.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM0D.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM0E.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM0E.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM0F.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM0F.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM10.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM10.pac" create="true" />
<file external="/brawlmods/stages/STGCUSTOM11.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM11.pac" create="true" />

Delete whatever exists there, as the files weren't named correctly in the code.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Ok, I've got a kind of stupid problem with Riivolution. Rigth now, I play a lot (read: exclusively) Balanced Brawl with tons of custom menus, stage and character selects (using CSS Organizer), and music. I'm planning on trying to run tournaments at University of Washington, though, so obviously all of that Balanced Brawl stuff has to go. I do, however, want to continue using my music and custom menus and screens. So, I figure Riivolution is the way to go.

I'm trying to modify Bionic's Brawl Mod Launcher XML so that I can use Riivolution to load vBrawl with enhancements, but I can't get my menus to load, or even my custom song names (although the songs themselves are working fine). Right now, I'm using a custom built sc_title.pac, mu_menumain.pac, sc_selcharacter.pac, sc_selmap.pac, and info.pac. Those are really the only files I need Riivolution to load, aside from my music.

When I point to those files, however, nothing loads from my SD card. Again, music is fine, but none of those files will load for the life of me, and I can't figure out why because my XML points directly to them. Help?

EDIT: Ok, I finally got the files to load, but now whenever I try to go to the character select screen, I get a crash (the beeep kind).

Napos

Smash Ace
I just want to have customized stages, maybe a little bit of fun with character textures, and my own custom music.. T_T

I Am K

Smash Rookie
I'm back again!

Im trying to modify my XML to allow the loading of multiple GCT files, all in seperate folders. How would I go about doing that?

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
I can launch the mods just fine, but I cannot save or load replay data, costume stages, or snapshots from my SD card. Any help? This is a 2GB card.

I Am K

Smash Rookie
I can launch the mods just fine, but I cannot save or load replay data, costume stages, or snapshots from my SD card. Any help? This is a 2GB card.
Riivolution locks the sd card during use. Try saving them on your wii, then load brawl without riivolution and save them on your sd card then. Hope this helps!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ok, so, the textures that come with the P:M pack are working fine, but when I try to add textures, they aren't showing up. I'm naming correctly and putting them in the right folder, but no matter what, they're not there. Is there some other reason these textures aren't showing up?

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Riivolution locks the sd card during use. Try saving them on your wii, then load brawl without riivolution and save them on your sd card then. Hope this helps!
Thanks. This works if there is absolutely no way around this lock.

TNSM

Smash Rookie
I'm just here to post about a problem about Bionic's Brawl Mod Launcher. It doesn't seem to support the "pfmenu2" files that come with certain Brawl mods. I prefer having a custom title screen so that I can identify which hack I'm playing. I would change the xml myself accordingly but the mods are updated every now and then, making it a pain to find which files are possibly added and changing the xml accordingly. Is it possible to add support for the pfmenu2 files?

tl;dr pfmenu2 coming with brawl mods not supported please fix

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
I'm just here to post about a problem about Bionic's Brawl Mod Launcher. It doesn't seem to support the "pfmenu2" files that come with certain Brawl mods. I prefer having a custom title screen so that I can identify which hack I'm playing. I would change the xml myself accordingly but the mods are updated every now and then, making it a pain to find which files are possibly added and changing the xml accordingly. Is it possible to add support for the pfmenu2 files?

tl;dr pfmenu2 coming with brawl mods not supported please fix
Rename the folder pfmenu2 to just menu2. Put the folder with all the other folders that used to be within the pf folder.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
I know eactly what I was doing wrong, but unfortunately, I cannot remember how I edited the .xml file before.

thundrio

Smash Cadet
I am new to Riivolution and would like a bit of help. I am using Bionics Brawl mod launcher to be able to change between mods, which works nicely (I have also tested it with textures and i can get textures working). The other thing I want is to be able to select specific textures for the characters/stages like is shown in the video in the OP. How/can i edit the xml to allow this, or do I just need to add another xml. the first post is not terribly informative about this.

Thanks.

SuperSmashMan70

Smash Cadet
I dont think Riivolution is stable, I'm keep getting freezes and crashes so randomly, one time I just was about to pick a stage and it froze for no reason at all!!!!!!!! People have told me to format it and say I have a corrupted file, well It didnt work and I know my file isnt corrupt. I use beyond yous launcher. Im so sure that all the hacks on my sdhc card are fully un glitchable, so what causes the freezes, thats what I want to know.:glare::glare:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Why is riivolution not reading any .xml files???

It's been like 9 months since I used the thing and I tried to use it again to test the new SFX pack, but it's not being read. AT ALL.

SuperSmashMan70

Smash Cadet
Why is riivolution not reading any .xml files???

It's been like 9 months since I used the thing and I tried to use it again to test the new SFX pack, but it's not being read. AT ALL.
Now I know Im not the only one with problems.. It seems that my brawl file might be corrupt and thats why it freezes randomly. When I watched the cpu fight it froze right when the match was going to begin:mad: What the Hell!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

SuperSmashMan70

Smash Cadet
Horray I figured out what caused the freezing, it was a texture. Wish I figured that earlier Anyway, what caused the freezing was the wario textures were on the wrong slot. One texture was on warioware when it was supose to be in claasic. How dumb am I Well Im stil happy I figured it out none the less:):):):):)

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Big question I have with Riivolution:

Why does it lock your SD card?

My Wii only has 1 block left for Brawl!

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Ok, I've got a kind of stupid problem with Riivolution. Rigth now, I play a lot (read: exclusively) Balanced Brawl with tons of custom menus, stage and character selects (using CSS Organizer), and music. I'm planning on trying to run tournaments at University of Washington, though, so obviously all of that Balanced Brawl stuff has to go. I do, however, want to continue using my music and custom menus and screens. So, I figure Riivolution is the way to go.

I'm trying to modify Bionic's Brawl Mod Launcher XML so that I can use Riivolution to load vBrawl with enhancements, but I can't get my menus to load, or even my custom song names (although the songs themselves are working fine). Right now, I'm using a custom built sc_title.pac, mu_menumain.pac, sc_selcharacter.pac, sc_selmap.pac, and info.pac. Those are really the only files I need Riivolution to load, aside from my music.

When I point to those files, however, nothing loads from my SD card. Again, music is fine, but none of those files will load for the life of me, and I can't figure out why because my XML points directly to them. Help?

EDIT: Ok, I finally got the files to load, but now whenever I try to go to the character select screen, I get a crash (the beeep kind).
Still waiting for some help on this one, too. :urg:

EpicBrawl

Smash Rookie
Can I load SSBB files though a flashdrive?

My SD card reader on my main pc doesnt work and its a pain to use my sisters pc and download them+ I have a unused 8 GB USB Flashdrive that is mostly unused. So will riivolution work with it? :(

KyuubiDemon1

Smash Apprentice
Help

My Riivolution freezing just before loading brawl, i mean like while riivolution is loading it freezes this just started not toolong ago and idk what is wrong anyone got any suggestions to how to fix it?

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Would I be able to boot mods off of a USB flash drive?

If so, would my SD card still be locked?

Oninova

Smash Cadet
This question's probably already been answered deep within this thread somewhere, but I would really appreciate it if someone could swiftly answer this:

I have my PAL copy of Brawl in my PAL Wii, and I'm running Riivolution. However, I'm continuously getting three different messages: "Insert disc", "Disc read error!" and "Loading". It just keeps recycling through those three going no where. Brawl works on the regular disc channel so I know there's nothing wrong with the disc.

Any help?

I Am K

Smash Rookie
My SD card reader on my main pc doesnt work and its a pain to use my sisters pc and download them+ I have a unused 8 GB USB Flashdrive that is mostly unused. So will riivolution work with it? :(
Would I be able to boot mods off of a USB flash drive?

If so, would my SD card still be locked?
As far as I know you can, but will still be locked.

Sorry to have to sound like this, but does ANYONE here ever help anyone?
I think the main reason no one helps is because no one can help. :urg: All most of us can do is just answer the simpler questions, but it seems that those who have issues such as freezes and strange bugs, all we(they, I should be saying they as in the more experienced riivo users, not me) can suggest is that it is a glitch in the program caused by differing variables in your wii. I think for those who are having these freezes and weird glitches, anyone who knows their way around riivolution would suggest to just re-format or defrag your sd card, re-download riivolution, or wait for a new update to riivolution. It's just that no one wants to say it because in reality they don't really know quite yet how to fix the problem perfectly(not saying that exerienced riivo users suck, don't hurt me).

Well, thats how I see it. And I'm fairly new, so I could just as easily be wrong about this.
And don't stop posting about problems/questions, otherwise they won't get seen(not to mention fixed).

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
I cant load my item textures </3 I have it all correct and followed the OP and it doesnt work.

I forgot to ask this few months ago, because I cbf with smash :troll:

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Every time I try to load a skyworld level that uses a .rel file, it freezes. I've tried a number of different ones (castlevania clock tower & The Sky Temple), and they work when I use Gecko, and I've got a number of other .rel file stages that work just fine. (Rumble Falls+, KC-MM Night Club, & others I don't remember because it's 5am) I've also tried simple texture replacements and non .rel level replacements (Willamet Parkview Mall) and they work just fine.

Oninova

Smash Cadet
My SD card isn't being detected by brawl when I'm using it through riivolution.

Is that normal...? I'd really like to be able to view/save replays onto it... which brings me to my second issue: is it possible to have an infinite time limit for replays/show tags in them? I just got those two working but I also just got riivoltion working so it almost seems I'm starting over. >.<

I Am K said:
I think the main reason no one helps is because no one can help. :urg: All most of us can do is just answer the simpler questions, but it seems that those who have issues such as freezes and strange bugs, all we(they, I should be saying they as in the more experienced riivo users, not me) can suggest is that it is a glitch in the program caused by differing variables in your wii. I think for those who are having these freezes and weird glitches, anyone who knows their way around riivolution would suggest to just re-format or defrag your sd card, re-download riivolution, or wait for a new update to riivolution. It's just that no one wants to say it because in reality they don't really know quite yet how to fix the problem perfectly(not saying that exerienced riivo users suck, don't hurt me).
Hah, totally forgot about that. Understood... thanks also.

Oninova

Smash Cadet
Sorry, shameless bump. This is probably the last post I'll make in here (provided the problem gets solved, lawl).

I have a .gct file specifically made to include only two codes: one for infinite replay time, and one for tags in replays (PAL). I'm certain they both work because the codes work fine when I run brawl with Gecko OS. However, the .gct has become almost useless with Riivolution. (ver. 1.04, if it's of any relevance) I don't know if it's because of where I've placed the file or something else, but the codes basically don't take effect when I load Brawl with Riivo.

If anyone knows how to run Gecko codes with Riivolution, it'd be heavily appreciated as this problem has been driving me insane for the last few hours.

Top Bottom