• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread

CORY

wut
BRoomer
alright, this is confounding me...

i'm using riivo to load project:m.

i'm trying to replace songs with custom brstm's. i'm using dantarion's custom brstm convertor to make the files.

i have some files (brstm's) made and i open my sd card. go down to the sound-strm folder. in there, i drop a few songs in and rename them according to the info in this thread.

only one song gets loaded from the sd properly: A01. that's also one of the songs that came with the demo, preloaded. i also tried to change A09, A16, and i think, A10.

did i miss a step anywhere, or is there something else more insidious going on?

Flutterbombsexmachine

Smash Cadet
alright, this is confounding me...

i'm using riivo to load project:m.

i'm trying to replace songs with custom brstm's. i'm using dantarion's custom brstm convertor to make the files.

i have some files (brstm's) made and i open my sd card. go down to the sound-strm folder. in there, i drop a few songs in and rename them according to the info in this thread.

only one song gets loaded from the sd properly: A01. that's also one of the songs that came with the demo, preloaded. i also tried to change A09, A16, and i think, A10.

did i miss a step anywhere, or is there something else more insidious going on?
I don't think you can use custom stuff with project M due to the way it loads. It loads through the stage select screen right? Therefore everything will come loaded as is with no extra codes in effect. That's all I know really, if you want custom content other than that on Project M you'll have to turn M off.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
no, it loads through riivo if you use the riivo build.

and i figured out wtf i was doing: i thought you just dropped your stuff into the right folders, ala hackless option. i didn't realize that i had to go and make the folders manually. it seems to be working properly now...

Inu_Yasha

Smash Cadet
I use Riivo and I have plenty of successful texture/music hacks already in place. I havent really dabbled at all with .gct or .xml files though and at the moment it seems I need to know more about these. I'm testing out a custom moveset and there are some codes I need to use in order for it to work, but I'm not sure how to do this. I have a gcteditor program but I'm not sure if I need to edit .gct or .xml files. If its the xml files then I need to know how to do that. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

Also, what's with all of those "X:/brawlmods/etc" file paths? I have no "brawlmods" folder. What is this for and where do I put it, and does it have anything to do with PSAs?

Flutterbombsexmachine

Smash Cadet
I use Riivo and I have plenty of successful texture/music hacks already in place. I havent really dabbled at all with .gct or .xml files though and at the moment it seems I need to know more about these. I'm testing out a custom moveset and there are some codes I need to use in order for it to work, but I'm not sure how to do this. I have a gcteditor program but I'm not sure if I need to edit .gct or .xml files. If its the xml files then I need to know how to do that. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

Also, what's with all of those "X:/brawlmods/etc" file paths? I have no "brawlmods" folder. What is this for and where do I put it, and does it have anything to do with PSAs?
You need to name the custom moveset files fit[charactername].pac and fit[charactername]motionetc.pac then they go in RSB[regioncode]/pf/fighter/[charactername]. These should work and you don't need to do anything with .gcts if you're using riivo as the brawl .xml takes care of it.

Paroxium

Smash Cadet
Bump

Soo im using rivo for regular brawl, P:M and brawl-. I have codes (gct) for the regular brawl such as colored shield, infinite replay time, and so on. (wifi safe stuff) But, every time I load, say, P:M, the codes of regular brawl seem to overwrite the P:M codes, which means no directional air dodging, no increased hit stun, and no l-canceling. The character codes work fine, I can still seismic toss with charizard, JC Ike's Side B, and charge Marths neutral B till I turn purple, but the codes keep getting overwritten

I know what the problem is, I was just wondering what I can do to fix it.

The only "solution" I've been able to come up with was make a custom set for regular brawl, but I can't share my textures with my other mods then :(.

:phone:

Flutterbombsexmachine

Smash Cadet
Bump

Soo im using rivo for regular brawl, P:M and brawl-. I have codes (gct) for the regular brawl such as colored shield, infinite replay time, and so on. (wifi safe stuff) But, every time I load, say, P:M, the codes of regular brawl seem to overwrite the P:M codes, which means no directional air dodging, no increased hit stun, and no l-canceling. The character codes work fine, I can still seismic toss with charizard, JC Ike's Side B, and charge Marths neutral B till I turn purple, but the codes keep getting overwritten

I know what the problem is, I was just wondering what I can do to fix it.

The only "solution" I've been able to come up with was make a custom set for regular brawl, but I can't share my textures with my other mods then :(.

It's not very good, but what I'd suggest is just turning off your regular brawl GCT every time you wanna play -/P:M. Just rename it to anything.gct so it won't overrite the files in your P:M and - packs.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I need help getting texture hacks on my Brawl, it would be really good to play them (the safe ones) on Wi-Fi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrN-59NrZjI

I followed this video, put my SD card in the wii, and it didn't work. :c It showed NOTHING on my Riivolution. If this video out-dated or something? Also, I didn't get a module file like he did, and how do I know if a stage needs a .rel file, and how do I get one?

Flutterbombsexmachine

Smash Cadet
I need help getting texture hacks on my Brawl, it would be really good to play them (the safe ones) on Wi-Fi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrN-59NrZjI

I followed this video, put my SD card in the wii, and it didn't work. :c It showed NOTHING on my Riivolution. If this video out-dated or something? Also, I didn't get a module file like he did, and how do I know if a stage needs a .rel file, and how do I get one?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0

Follow that guide. You need an XML for Riivolution if you don't have one. You need Axnetframehook enabled, can't remember the other settings off the top of my head. When using Riivo you don't need a filepatch code, just the XML.

.rels are used for putting stages over other stages. If I made a stage that only worked over Port Town but I like Port Town then I can use a .rel to make the game think that Hanenbow is Port Town, in this way I can mod the stage over Hanenbow instead of Port Town.
Here's how to get them: http://www.lakora.us/rel/
Google a tutorial for them or something.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0

Follow that guide. You need an XML for Riivolution if you don't have one. You need Axnetframehook enabled, can't remember the other settings off the top of my head. When using Riivo you don't need a filepatch code, just the XML.

.rels are used for putting stages over other stages. If I made a stage that only worked over Port Town but I like Port Town then I can use a .rel to make the game think that Hanenbow is Port Town, in this way I can mod the stage over Hanenbow instead of Port Town.
Here's how to get them: http://www.lakora.us/rel/
Google a tutorial for them or something.
Is there a chance of me bricking my Wii if I use Riivolution? (Assuming if I don't use Homebrew, I won't get bricked) Is there a reason to why a Wii gets bricked if something goes wrong?

Also, I don't have Homebrew or anything else. Just Riivolution, will hacks still work? Also, my Wii is V4.3. I have CTGP for Mario Kart Wii, and it works fine.

Flutterbombsexmachine

Smash Cadet
Is there a chance of me bricking my Wii if I use Riivolution? (Assuming if I don't use Homebrew, I don't get bricked) Is there a reason to why a Wii gets bricked if something goes wrong?

Also, I don't have Homebrew or anything else. Just Riivolution, will hacks still work? Also, my Wii is V4.3. I have CTGP for Mario Kart Wii, and it works fine.
If you follow the guides right then it shouldn't brick. If you have riivolution then it sounds like you're past bricking stage anyway. I don't think bricking is very common.

Hacks work fine with just Riivo, the homebrew channel is just a browser for mods and applications for the wii really. The channels you get on homebrew can usually just be installed straight to the wii menu screen like what I assume you've done with riivo.

Paroxium

Smash Cadet
More than not, My hacks (Just stage & Music) freeze during gameplay. It's very spontaneous, and usually happens when theres a little bit of lag. Almost every time I play doubles over wifi it freezes. This problem only occurs when I use a USB for Rivo, versus using an SD card, but since I'm using the SD card for things beside brawl, I don't intend to switch from USB to SD. What's the problem, and is it fixable using a flash drive?

Gthizzle

Smash Rookie
Ok so I've been trying to figure this out for the past 4 and half hours with no luck. -_- I'm using Riivolution.
Ok so I replaced Pit and Wolf with goku and vegeta including the sound effects and portraits for both and for goku, the stock, emblem, and css name. The game loads up and everything, I am able to play for a while but eventually the game freezes with the "beep of death". So far I took the sc_selcharacter.pac off the sd card and just left the common5_en.pac, however the game always ends up freezing after a while. I'm at wit's end of what the problem could be. Any help is appreciated!

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
I seem to be totally confused with Riivolution. It's not being nice. :c
I formerly used Gecko but I lost my SD Card and I figured that I needed to make the switch anyways, because I hate being restricted to size limits.
This would be great.. if Riivolution worked right. For some odd reason, I can't get CSPs to work right! I used CSPs that I used to have and I tried about 2 others and none of them worked. They freeze a split second after I select "group". I think I tried other options, I'm unsure.
I've tried multiple versions of Brawlbox, including 0.63d, 0.66, and 0.67 (I don't know the numbers of the latter two versions) and all of them have this result. I have tried not only a fresh common5, but also another hacked one made by someone else and both worked fine.
Also, is there a way to increase my amount of codes?

Flutterbombsexmachine

Smash Cadet
What's the difference between a mod and a texture? Are there any FitCharacterXX that go in the vbrawl/fighter, or do they all go into texture/fighter?

Mod is anything that changes the game pretty much.

Character rextures/models go in as you describe FitCharacterXX.
Use this: Linky

Flutterbombsexmachine

Smash Cadet
I seem to be totally confused with Riivolution. It's not being nice. :c
I formerly used Gecko but I lost my SD Card and I figured that I needed to make the switch anyways, because I hate being restricted to size limits.
This would be great.. if Riivolution worked right. For some odd reason, I can't get CSPs to work right! I used CSPs that I used to have and I tried about 2 others and none of them worked. They freeze a split second after I select "group". I think I tried other options, I'm unsure.
I've tried multiple versions of Brawlbox, including 0.63d, 0.66, and 0.67 (I don't know the numbers of the latter two versions) and all of them have this result. I have tried not only a fresh common5, but also another hacked one made by someone else and both worked fine.
Also, is there a way to increase my amount of codes?
Don't think so with the codes.

As for the CSPs it could be a naming problem. The file may need to be named differently. sc_selcharacter_en is what mine is called. Codes may also effect the character select screen.

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
The codes I have don't affect it from what I know. I have stuff like no tripping, differently colored shields, unrestricted cameras, and replays longer than 3 minutes.

I'm using common5. It's possible to use sc_selcharacter_en.pac? I thought it was unusable.

Flutterbombsexmachine

Smash Cadet
The codes I have don't affect it from what I know. I have stuff like no tripping, differently colored shields, unrestricted cameras, and replays longer than 3 minutes.

I'm using common5. It's possible to use sc_selcharacter_en.pac? I thought it was unusable.
That's what I use. Common5 does weird things to mine I think.

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
Neither sc_selcharacter_en.pac or sc_selcharacter.pac work for me. They don't do anything.

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
Oh, I use Beyond's Riivolution for Gecko Users. I'll give that a run sooner or later.

I take it that's like the one with brawlmods/textures and etc?
EDIT: Ah, I just read it, hurr. Probably shoulda clicked the link before asking.

lolcatz

Smash Rookie
So, what's up with my Wii telling me that I need to downgrade IOS37 when I try to load riivolution through HBC? Anyone know? I'm trying out riivolution because I couldn't get textures to work with Gecko OS.

Gohario

Smash Rookie
Whenever I try to use riivouloution, everything loads and works fine until i get to the character selection screen. I choose 1 person and about 3 seconds later it freezes and makes this loud "beeeeep" noise. I tried it without my textures for my characters; it worked fine. But i tried it without my hacks (RSBE01.gct) and i kept my textures but it made that loud beep noise again. Someone help meh!

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Whenever I try to use riivouloution, everything loads and works fine until i get to the character selection screen. I choose 1 person and about 3 seconds later it freezes and makes this loud "beeeeep" noise. I tried it without my textures for my characters; it worked fine. But i tried it without my hacks (RSBE01.gct) and i kept my textures but it made that loud beep noise again. Someone help meh!
You chose Bowser BTW?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Is Riivolution known to increase load times overall/in Project M? Because I noticed a big increase in load times from when I use, say, Gecko. I load my codes from a USB if that matters...And will it recognize a MicroSD card in an SD Adapter?

Cezz624

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cezz624
3DS FC
2964-9447-5535
Alright, I just have one question. You know how Riivolution is supposed to remove the file size limit in brawl? Well, I have a common5.pac file that is about 15mb, I tried loading it in Riivolution but the game kept freezing at the Now Loading screen. Is my common5.pac file too big for Riivolution to handle? ( And if your asking why my common5 is so big, its beacaue I'm using many SSP because of PW Stage Expansion code.)

Superben2008

Smash Rookie
i've tried everything and searched google 20 times now. i cant get zelda or shiek to load. every other character works fine. i tried editing the common pac but still freezes my wii could someone tell me how to get them to work.

i use beyond's riivolution loader
i'm a noob at riivolution i just started today. please help thanks.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I got a problem with my wii that I think has to do with riivolution, but I want to ask first before jumping to conclusions.

the thing is that some of the music files in the game were exchanged by other music files, and they keep appearing like that even if the game is started on the disc channel.

I remember loading riivolution in an attempt of changing the game's language to japanese, and I saw this thing in the riivolution screen that says "SSBB Remplacement: Disabled" and I changed it to enabled... but nothing happened apparently.

Then the next day I noticed that some of the songs on SV, BF and FD were changed by other songs in the game, and even the song name was changed to the one of the song in place. Later I noticed that YI had the same issue :/

Is this problem actually related to riivolution? If so, does anyone know how I can fix it? The thing is that it's causing desyncs with both replays and wifi. And I need to play wifi...

If anyone knows what I could do, please tell me ;_;

Gohario

Smash Rookie
I got a problem with my wii that I think has to do with riivolution, but I want to ask first before jumping to conclusions.

the thing is that some of the music files in the game were exchanged by other music files, and they keep appearing like that even if the game is started on the disc channel.

I remember loading riivolution in an attempt of changing the game's language to japanese, and I saw this thing in the riivolution screen that says "SSBB Remplacement: Disabled" and I changed it to enabled... but nothing happened apparently.

Then the next day I noticed that some of the songs on SV, BF and FD were changed by other songs in the game, and even the song name was changed to the one of the song in place. Later I noticed that YI had the same issue :/

Is this problem actually related to riivolution? If so, does anyone know how I can fix it? The thing is that it's causing desyncs with both replays and wifi. And I need to play wifi...

If anyone knows what I could do, please tell me ;_;

I have that same problem. For example Final Destination.. there is some subspace music playing. And most of the time when i choose FD, it doesn't even play a song. It does this for some other stages too. When i try to access the stage music on brawl it freezes. HALP US! HALP US soMEONE!

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Alright, I just have one question. You know how Riivolution is supposed to remove the file size limit in brawl? Well, I have a common5.pac file that is about 15mb, I tried loading it in Riivolution but the game kept freezing at the Now Loading screen. Is my common5.pac file too big for Riivolution to handle? ( And if your asking why my common5 is so big, its beacaue I'm using many SSP because of PW Stage Expansion code.)
There is no limit to filesize. Riivolution is loading it just fine. The Wii simply doesn't have enough RAM to load it :p

SSS

Smash Ace
I have Riivolution with what I'm pretty sure is BionicSonic's XML. I'm trying to put in new movesets. I put in a Marth to test it. I put FitMarth.pac, FitMarth.pcs, and FitMarthMotionEtc.pac. However, in what I downloaded from Brawl Vault, there are a lot of other files and folders in there. And even though Marth looks like Sephiroth, and some of the moves have changed, some are just kind of blank. I can tell that they're not working how they're supposed to.

I guess what I'm asking is:
What files do I need to put in the Marth folder?
Do I add ## at the end of the names? As in, FitMarth00?
What is common3.pac, common5.pac, etc?

Thank you!

EDIT: Sorry, I have Brawl Mod Launcher v2.5.1. That's what it says on the Riivolution screen.

Darth Shard

Dark Lord of the Smash Bros.
So far I haven't run into any problems, but I'm about to try and implement the stage expansion codes over my Project M demo 2.6, and I want to avoid any silly mistakes. Here's my thought process so far:

1. I know I need to replace the RSBE01.gct file with one equipped with the stage expansion codes
2. Do I also need to be sure the RSBE01.gct has codes assigning certain 'extra' tracks to specific stages, or does that get implemented another way?
3. I know how to add/alter icons in BrawlBox
4. To keep my custom build of character skins and such, I should avoid writing over any part of the "fighter" folder, yes?
5. I want to learn how to do it myself, so that I'm not relying on expansion pack builds that already exist in case I want to make additions/adjustments.

I'm trying to get familiar with this process, so hopefully I'm on the right track.

LunaAura

Smash Rookie
Hi.

So, I've decided to download Riivolution and installed v1.04. I want to install Project M. However, I don't know where to put the files. I've already created the Riivolution folder in the root of the SD Card. However, I don't know where to place the downloaded Riivolution Full Set files of Project M.

Can anyone help me, please?

Top Bottom