• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Is this, or when will this be, available for the latest Wii system update? I remember having to avoid updating it for it to work last time, but since then I updated it and now I want to see if I could try and hack my Wii again using Riivolution.

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
Is this, or when will this be, available for the latest Wii system update? I remember having to avoid updating it for it to work last time, but since then I updated it and now I want to see if I could try and hack my Wii again using Riivolution.
It is, I have it on the latest update. Used the Smashstack hack.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Question: Is it possible for me to have different texture sets for vBrawl and Brawl+ ?

For example: I want B+ To have the Mewtwo, Roy, and Shadow PSA's/textures with the B+ Stages/Modules.

vBrawl will have no PSA's, nor will it have those textures or stage set.

Problematique

Smash Rookie
I have been lurking around the various Brawl hacking sites since hacking my Wii a couple months ago, and I have finally registered.

Anyway, I've got a weird issue with Riivolution. I am using v 1.04, NTSC Brawl, no codes, some PSAs, some SFX and music swaps, some stage mods , and some character texture mods on VBrawl. Everything (well, except for Sound FX since that is my reason for switching to Riivolution) seems to work with Gecko.

However, when I load my hacks using Riivolution, the game freezes and sounds the beep of death whenever any player using a Wiimote drops his or her badge on a character icon other than Random. Riivolution works as far as I can tell if everyone uses GameCube controllers. How could the Wiimote(s) be freezing my game?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Well that's really interesting
There's not really a definitive answer i can give one this other than to try removing files and see what could be causing it :/

draco494

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anybody else has run into this problem but, I just switched over to riivolution and finally got mostly everything working...except everytime I use Captain Falcon's final smash my game freezes. I'm running it on balanced brawl, I tried taking the pac file and the textures out but even normal CF's final smash freezes it...if anybody has any ideas i'd greatly appreciate it!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So I had the riivolution 1.03 and everything worked fine. I updated it and now everything else is fine, but codes stopped working. This is going to make is much more difficult to record tourney matches or epic moments as unlimited replays is now gone. What should I do?

Problematique

Smash Rookie
@-LzR-
If you made sure you used the same XML file and the same GCT that you know worked in version 1.03, and you still have problems in 1.04, just go back to 1.03.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
So I had the riivolution 1.03 and everything worked fine. I updated it and now everything else is fine, but codes stopped working. This is going to make is much more difficult to record tourney matches or epic moments as unlimited replays is now gone. What should I do?
MAke sure you still have codehandler.bin
Also i'm curious what does your xml look like?

Whiselifax

Smash Rookie
Updated my mod launcher, v2.5. Only requires 1 XML file, no more codehandler.bin needed.
Just so you know in your XML you misspelled "PALUTENA" under textures, you have it as "PLAUTENA" So, anyone who already has this xml you need to fix this or you will freeze upon picking Skyworld.

Other than that, this XML is amazing and incredibly versatile. It somehow fixed my problem I had a few posts back. :) I guess my previous XML wasn't loading the codehandler.bin for whatever reason.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I had a Wii a bit ago softmodded and I goofed up something and bricked it. I bought a Wii from my pal and want all the codes and all. I saw in the OP it doesn't require modding your Wii. Is that true? Also, can it use USB as opposed to SD?

After all that, how do I even do this exactly? Is there a tutorial on youtube or something that can help me?

Can somebody please help me with this?

9millimeter

Smash Rookie
hey i need help because i put a song on my menu, and the moment it starts it starts playing the other song i had before but i deleted it. Then it starts making static noise, i just want to listen to my music :(

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
hey i need help because i put a song on my menu, and the moment it starts it starts playing the other song i had before but i deleted it. Then it starts making static noise, i just want to listen to my music :(
Back up everything on your SD card, format it, put everything back on. That should fix things.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

Alphatron

Smash Champion
So the latest version of riivo (1.04) works on system menu 4.3. I know this because I updated my wii after getting Kirby's Epic Yarn and riivo works fine. It also works fine with two other friends whom I know irl.

However, one of my friends who has his wii on 4.3 can't get riivo to work properly. Riivo loads, let's him choose from any of the options, but when he tries to load the game, he gets a black screen freeze. Aside from unplugging his wii, he can't turn it off even when holding the power button for seven seconds. Has this happened to anyone else and are there any fixes for it?

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
Can someone help me try to edit Bionic's modlanucher.xml, I've tried to edit it to fit my
American and Japanese Brawl disc and I was wondering if someone could help me with getting Japanese and American Regular brawl and Brawlminus, and American Project M. Please help
D=

Edit: I' assuming that you can't cross mix different regions on riiv, so Ill try to make two seperate .xmls
Coding is freakin hard as hell. X/

libertyernie

Smash Ace
You could make separate XML files for Japanese and American versions (assuming you have both discs). The US version would have
Code:
<id game="RSBE"/>
and the other would have
Code:
<id game="RSBJ"/>

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
im having trouble fixing these small problems:

whenever i load my textures using riivolution, it will load every stage texture i have except for the textures i have covering all time periods in smashville, as well as it not loading the character select screen or stage select screen.

i've placed the directory as followed:

brawlmods/vbrawl - then in that folder i have:
Fighter, Info, Info2, Menu, Menu2, Stage > (melee), Module and System, plus the RSBE01 file for my codes

i was trying to get the japanese voices on my brawl with my current textures and codes, and both the codes and voices work along with most of my stage textures, its just the ones on smashville and the menu screens that wont load

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I'm going to try putting a new XML file on Riivolution, because I want to try a Ganondorf PSA...

I got the code to put, but I don't know if I did it right. Here what I put :

Code:
<option name="Character Replacement">
	<!--Set the parameters to replace the desired file.-->
	<param name="character" value="ganon"/>
	<!--Add your choices.-->
	<choice name="New Motion File">
		<param name="filename" value="custommotion"/>
		<patch id="motion"/>
	</choice>
</option>
<patch id="motion">
	<file disc="/fighter/ganon/FitGanonMotionEtc.pac" external="/private/wii/app/RSBP/pf/fighter/ganon/FitGanonMotionEtc.pac"/>
</patch>
Am I wrong in this code ?

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
im having trouble fixing these small problems:

whenever i load my textures using riivolution, it will load every stage texture i have except for the textures i have covering all time periods in smashville, as well as it not loading the character select screen or stage select screen.

i've placed the directory as followed:

brawlmods/vbrawl - then in that folder i have:
Fighter, Info, Info2, Menu, Menu2, Stage > (melee), Module and System, plus the RSBE01 file for my codes

i was trying to get the japanese voices on my brawl with my current textures and codes, and both the codes and voices work along with most of my stage textures, its just the ones on smashville and the menu screens that wont load
I had the same problem with the menus loading for brawl+. I looked inside bionc's .xml and found that there were no directories to the strap loader, title screen, and menu. Just add these directories and it should work fine.

Zef

Smash Ace
For whatever reason I can't use custom stages. For example, Brawl- Stage DLC works, yet if I add custom ones myself, like Dreamland 64, they won't work. Yes, I've named them correctly.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Do you have lines like this in your XML?
Code:
<file external="/path/to/stages/STGCUSTOM01.pac" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM01.pac" create="true"/><file external="/path/to/modules/st_custom01.rel" disc="/module/st_custom01.rel" create="true"/>

Megaflareon

Smash Rookie
Ok, I'm trying to use a custom CSS, but I can't get it to show up.

1.I know I have import the sc_selcharacter_en into the common5_en file, but what do I do with the sc_selcharacter_en file already in the common5_en file?

2.DOes it have to be named common5_en or just common5?

3.Say I want to put it on Brawl-, what's the filepath I need to put it in to make it show up?

Megaflareon

Smash Rookie
It's whatever xml file is on the main site.

SO it should be sd>brawlmods>brawlminus>menu2 correct?

Megaflareon

Smash Rookie
Well, before I added common5, there was a sc_selcharacter and a sc_selmap file in the menu2 folder.

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
Oh my bad I was thinking of sc_selcharacter going in menu2, if its the whole common5.pac, it goes in "system", which would be in the same folder as menu2

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Recently lost my SD card so I'm trying to get everything running off of my HDD instead of buying a new one.
First thing I did was partition off a portion of my drive to FAT32. Going into the HBC and running Riivolution is no problem.

However I can't figure out the rest of this.
I'll try to explain the setup of the partition as best as I can.
At the root of the partition I have a couple of folders. The "Apps" folder with my HBC related stuff, the "Riivolution" folder, and the "Brawlmods" folder.

Inside the "Riivolution" folder is the modlauncher.xml from Bionic. Does anything else belong in this folder or something? Looking at some guides they have stated I need a codehandler.bin but the OP says this is not needed with Bionic's newest .xml.

Inside the "Brawlmods" folder is a "ProjectM" folder (being a PMBR member and all :p). In the "ProjectM" folder is RSBE01.gct and the Project M PF folder (in which is the fighter, info, stage, etc. folders).

When I load Riivolution from the HBC it takes a moment and shows Super Smash Bros Brawl up top. The rest of the screen is blank red and gray where the option to toggle codes and textures would normally be located. Looking back a few pages in the thread I saw somebody having a similar problem.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11523634&postcount=1129

So this suggests to me that I have the .xml in the wrong place or something, but I don't know what I have done wrong.
Hopefully I explained everything well enough to make my problem clear to somebody who knows what they are doing with Riivolution.

Top Bottom