• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
btw don't take this as ridley hate... I would love him as a playable character... I just can't see it working...

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
We're all picking at straws here thanks to that Bowser thing. No one truly knows Ridley's(If he would be in) size and weight for Brawl,so depending on how Sakurai would make him could be a clue so to whether Ridley would really big or heavy. He might kind of awkward,but Ridley would easily be the most badass character(they made Bowser look badass,imagine what they could do fof him!!!!) and if he makes it in,and if he plays well I main within seconds. Thing is,I don't know whether it would work...

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
You contradicted yourself.
not really...

I suppose I should have specified in that first post...

He would make a cool character... but I don't think it's possible... that's why I think an assist would be better...

edit: hmmm... looking at the new screens of bowser... he does look rather large... very very large in fact...

I suppose ridley COULD be a possibility... still seems unlikely to me though...

Sandy

Smash Champion
Ridley is one of the most important characters in Nintendo history.
Excluding ridley would be a terrible mistake.

I could really care less about tiers, SSB is about playing as your favorite Nintendo characters, not playing as the top tier Fox all the time. in other words, I play the game to have fun, regardless of how bad the character may be I still would enjoy using a character I like a lot.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
People who can't understand how it could work for Ridley to be in Brawl have limited brain capabilities. I don't really mean that as an insult, but it truly is a fact. Those people don't have the creative capacity to imagine it...but believe me when I say it is entirely possible.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
People who can't understand how it could work for Ridley to be in Brawl have limited brain capabilities. I don't really mean that as an insult, but it truly is a fact. Those people don't have the creative capacity to imagine it...but believe me when I say it is entirely possible.
Bowser in Super Mario Sunshine was like 5 times your size, and in Metroid: Zero Mission Ridley was about 7 times your size. Big w00p, they can change and edit size to make it fit, look at Kirby, he's suppose to barely be 1 foot tall, and he's about as tall as Ness (who should be around 5 to 5 1/2 feet tall). Point is size outside of Smash doesn't really matter, unless you know they are like 30 feet tall or something (like Kraid).

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
Gypsy i challenge you to visit wiseguy's prediction thread

that thread is the king of the multi quote

it makes you insane and yet it's intelligent

anyway about this ridley size debate ridley is a freaking dragon shape

now this isn't the best argument but imagine a taller yoshi with wings

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
the only problem with including ridley is he'd have to be forced below samus on the tier list.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Whys that? just because its her enemy?? That doesnt have to be the case, the tier list are created by the people who play smash, if ridley is mostly used on the tournaments then he'll be high on the lsit, but if ridley is barely used in the tourneys then he'll be on the bottom of the list...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Bowser in Super Mario Sunshine was like 5 times your size, and in Metroid: Zero Mission Ridley was about 7 times your size. Big w00p, they can change and edit size to make it fit, look at Kirby, he's suppose to barely be 1 foot tall, and he's about as tall as Ness (who should be around 5 to 5 1/2 feet tall). Point is size outside of Smash doesn't really matter, unless you know they are like 30 feet tall or something (like Kraid).
You mean like this?:

;)

the only problem with including ridley is he'd have to be forced below samus on the tier list.
Ganondorf was way higher than Link...figure that one out.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Gypsy i challenge you to visit wiseguy's prediction thread

that thread is the king of the multi quote

it makes you insane and yet it's intelligent
Yes it is long and intelligent, that is why I love it, lol! Tons of threads like that, so you'd be wise to get use to it! ;)

@ the grim lizard
Woah, nice counter! Totally forgot how small Kraid was in Super Metroid! I'm still unsure how he would work though, to be honest, but I guess he could work.

blackaneseboy07

Smash Rookie
i dont see how ridley would work in this type of game...maybe like a boss level?..lol you might get him there depending on how they do story mode

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking about how Ridley could move about and attack, and I came up with something unique...
Considering Ridley's structure, he could be relitivly small, (to fit in) bigger then Ganondorf and Bowser, use his claws, tail, jaws, and fire to attack, a powerhouse. But theres a second part I thought about. Ridley spends most of his time either stationary or flying. So with his stationary being his ground attacks, why not let Ridley fly? Instead of one-two-Bup jumps, he gets one flight mode? Give him a height limit and slow him down, plus not make him be able to recover with his flight (Give him some swoops like Luigis Bomber) to even him out. Think about flying to the corner of the screen and blasting fireballs at your opponent, or flying in zigzags swiping with your tail. With the right amount of slowdown and nerfage done to this mode, it could work with out being broken.

Caael

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about how Ridley could move about and attack, and I came up with something unique...
Considering Ridley's structure, he could be relitivly small, (to fit in) bigger then Ganondorf and Bowser, use his claws, tail, jaws, and fire to attack, a powerhouse. But theres a second part I thought about. Ridley spends most of his time either stationary or flying. So with his stationary being his ground attacks, why not let Ridley fly? Instead of one-two-Bup jumps, he gets one flight mode? Give him a height limit and slow him down, plus not make him be able to recover with his flight (Give him some swoops like Luigis Bomber) to even him out. Think about flying to the corner of the screen and blasting fireballs at your opponent, or flying in zigzags swiping with your tail. With the right amount of slowdown and nerfage done to this mode, it could work with out being broken.
There's a much simpler way to your flying thing.

On ground, he's slow, weak and crap. When flying, he's fast, powerful.

Problem solved.

Right. Considering that tiers were made by players, for players and have nothing to do with the game creators. Why does everybody think the tier list is so right, like a rule or order?

Okay okay, i'm using your logic now.

Hmmm....Wario looks slow so he'll be bottom tier. Pit has wings and a bow, which is a nice mix, so he's top tier.

The fact is that you're wrong, tiers dont decide who is good and who is not.

I...I cant explain myself well. I'm so pissed off with you.

i dont see how ridley would work in this type of game...maybe like a boss level?..lol you might get him there depending on how they do story mode
..the hell? So you programme this awesome space dragon into the game. But with all that effort spent programming him in, you dont even make him playable? What's the point in spending ages programming somethign for you to fight it for a few minutes or so in the entire game? Just because he's " Too big?". If you dont think he'll work in this game, then we'll take out pit. Angels dont really exist, so we cant have that. And no zelda, magic isn't real.

majora_787

Smash Hero
no bowser. turtles don't breath fire. no yoshi, dinosaurs are extinct. no DK, monkeys don't wear ties. no ness, because telekenises doesn't exist. no Link or Ganondorf, because those races don't exist. nobody could get into smash on this logic! it's too corrupted!

JesterBox

Smash Ace
i don't think size is an issue

For normal movement I could see him being about the same speed as Mewtwo and slowly fapping his wings. As for air... well... duh.

If you don't think Nintendo can pull of one gangley dragon (because I mean really I've never seen a 3D animated dragon before[sarcasm/]) Your and idiot.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i don't think size is an issue
LOL, point proven, opposition pwned! Size isn't an issue, heck Godzilla could fit, now that Giga Bowser is confirmed as Bowser's Final Smash, lol!

Giga Bowser vs. Giant DOnkey Kong vs. Godzilla vs. Kraid: The ultimate Giant showdown! :laugh: :) ;)

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
So.. much... Ridley.. hate.....

It's impossible to read another thread without seeing someone ranting about how much Ridley sucks or why he shouldn't be in the game....

This thread is holy ground.

And Kraid would beat Giga Bowser. Belly button projectiles FTW.

Anders Kaiser

Smash Apprentice
I'd say that, out of any character that's been talked about for Brawl addition, nobody deserves inclusion in this franchise more than Ridley. It's disheartening to see so many people crying foul about him for reasons that never quite make sense.

When considering characters for inclusion in Smash Bros, I always think back to the rationale presented in 64 and Melee; that is, a focus on placing the "Nintendo All-Stars" into a fighting game. Even moreso than the release periods of 64 and Melee, the Metroid series has grown into a big franchise for Nintendo, and is undeniably worthy of more representation. We've seen Zero Suit Samus show up, but still nobody's sure exactly how she'll work into the game. It's not fair to the franchise for Samus to be its sole representative. So, within the series, what other character most deserves to be considered one of Nintendo's All-Stars? It's got to be Ridley. His frequency of appearances and personal history with Samus make him an even more recognizable antagonist than Mother Brain.

I'm not worried about size or moveset for him. Sakurai and his teams have proven in the past that nearly anybody can be worked into a great Smasher, and Ridley's got plenty of character and previous combat experience to work with. Since his limbs are long, I imagine he'll be a little slow in his attack animations, and fairly light, but with really good reach and attack power. If you can get past his long reach, you can knock him around a bit (hooray balance).

...I've run out steam. Suffice to say, I'm a supporter of this topic. :chuckle:

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Oh, and would all you stupid internet kids stop dogging on Ridley, I mean c'mon, you must be like 12 not to think he'll be in.

You stupid kid internet moron Dark Smaus is way beter

LOL

Ridley, Tom nook, and any 3rd party charactrs other than Snake will not be in brawl.

People who doesn't like me because of that: 3

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
I see you changed your Goroh pic to a Ridley one. Good decision.

Oh, and would all you stupid internet kids stop dogging on Ridley, I mean c'mon, you must be like 12 not to think he'll be in.
glad someone noticed, after goroh got confirmed as an fng item i decided that i might as well re move him and waluigi (no way he gets in over goroh) from my list and ad some other people i support. i was going to do black knight and ridley, but then i saw olimar...

its also weird to see how bowser is now in that sig of yours, how long it take you to edit that.

oh and as for a brawl prediction i use my futuresight to see the e3 trailer. DK, ridley and diddy will be revealed, along with some others i can't make out right now. also we will see the RPF in action along with the menu screens and more AT's

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Not really, no.
well, I'll just give it too you in a nutshell:
1. idiot goes in samurai goroh thread.
2. idiot's sig says "Ridley, Tom nook, and any 3rd party charactrs other than Snake will not be in brawl. People who doesn't like me because of that: 0 "
3. I forget what happened in between, but somehow idiot gets in a war with ridley fans who want him playable.
4. instead of having a calm, and intellegent debate, idiot decides to flame everyone out, and call all who oppose him "**** internet kids" despite the fact that he had the mindset of a 5-year-old.
5. idiot becomes most hated smashboards member in one day.
6. idiot all of a sudden becomes a meme among the ridley for brawl community.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Not really, no.
i tld you english isnt my first language. Learn to read ****ing moron! **** internet kids.

There was a guy who was dissing Ridley in the Samurai Goroh thread, and he talked/typed like that.

And that's what his sig looked like. I typed it out, it wasn't real. See, VV, this is my real siggy.

Anders Kaiser

Smash Apprentice
oh and as for a brawl prediction i use my futuresight to see the e3 trailer. DK, ridley and diddy will be revealed, along with some others i can't make out right now. also we will see the RPF in action along with the menu screens and more AT's
I highly doubt it. I think that the only characters they'll reveal at E3 will be veterans that they haven't posted on the site yet (like Yoshi, DK, etc). Though this is just a hunch, I think that Ridley will probably make the roster as an unlockable secret character, and I don't believe that they'll start showing off secrets this far before release (Snake being an obvious exception).

Caael

Smash Lord
i tld you english isnt my first language. Learn to read ****ing moron! **** internet kids.

There was a guy who was dissing Ridley in the Samurai Goroh thread, and he talked/typed like that.

And that's what his sig looked like. I typed it out, it wasn't real. See, VV, this is my real siggy.
Just read through it all.

You know what?

I think we should dress up in our costumes, hunt him down, and make him crap his y-fronts when he see's us.

The look on his 12 year old face when he see's us about to kill him.

That would be sweet.

People who say 'kid(s)' in, on average, 1/3 of their sentances are obviously kids themselves. They're just jealous because they will never reach puberty themselves.

Ridley for Brawl!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
I highly doubt it. I think that the only characters they'll reveal at E3 will be veterans that they haven't posted on the site yet (like Yoshi, DK, etc). Though this is just a hunch, I think that Ridley will probably make the roster as an unlockable secret character, and I don't believe that they'll start showing off secrets this far before release (Snake being an obvious exception).
why not, the last E3 trailer they revealed snake, pit, wario, metaknight, ZS, a new look for link, new stages, and that ****ed nintendog

i figure that since this will be the last big event before the final stretch to brawl, sakurai will give us some nice treats.

oh and i hope they make dk like he was in jungle beat, he was fast and mean as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom