• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Um, Caael, aren't you 14? Isn't it a bit hypocritical to make fun of "kids"? Then again, you don't talk/type like a "internet kid", so it's all good. I love you this much Caael: *waves nubs in the air*. But not like that. I don't swing that way.

And they made Bowser less realistic and less badass this time. His legs and arms are more like plush toys. Look at Melee Bowser's feet, then look at Brawl Bowser's feet. Melee Boozer is most definately the meaner, more beastly one.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
omg when i saw bowser that was insane. he looks so evil and cartoony at the same time. like the blue eyes cartoon dragon right before he brutally murders someone. very jack the ripper

Caael

Smash Lord
Um, Caael, aren't you 14? Isn't it a bit hypocritical to make fun of "kids"? Then again, you don't talk/type like a "internet kid", so it's all good. I love you this much Caael: *waves nubs in the air*. But not like that. I don't swing that way.

And they made Bowser less realistic and less badass this time. His legs and arms are more like plush toys. Look at Melee Bowser's feet, then look at Brawl Bowser's feet. Melee Boozer is most definately the meaner, more beastly one.
I'm very mature for my age. According to my IQ, I have the mental age of a 17 year old. My IQ is something around 129. It was a few months ago, it's probably gone down now xD

Giga Bowser is the Bowie Daddy. Look at his scale-plated shell!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
IQ has nothing to do with maturity Caael. XD

But anyways, I believe Ridley will look incredibly awesome no matter what look they go with. He's the pinacle of kickassery after all..

Though, I'm more worried about his moveset then anything. Fireballs or plasma breath? Ability to glide or fly? Up B recovery or multiple jumps? etc.

EDIT

Does anyone know where I can get those little icons of character you want for Brawl, or who I can ask?

Caael

Smash Lord
IQ has nothing to do with maturity Caael. XD

But anyways, I believe Ridley will look incredibly awesome no matter what look they go with. He's the pinacle of kickassery after all..

Though, I'm more worried about his moveset then anything. Fireballs or plasma breath? Ability to glide or fly? Up B recovery or multiple jumps? etc.

EDIT

Does anyone know where I can get those little icons of character you want for Brawl, or who I can ask?
I'm not saying i'm mature because my IQ says so, i'm saying according to my IQ, blah blah blah. I'm really not that mature around my friends. Then again, who is?

ridley vs. bowser, who will win?!?!??!
I think we all know the answer to that.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
if you want i can write down how the fight goes.

bowser beats ridley in melee power and strengh so ridley will try to kite him, flying and shooting beams. bowser just ducks in his shell and the beams bounce off. bowser would then throw a koopa at ridley, and while ridley deals with that, bowser jumps up and grabs ridley's feet. the sudden gained wait causes ridley to drop. when they hit the ground bowser claws ridley's wings, preventing him from flying. ridley then hits bowser in the face with a beam and bowser is knocked back. he then claws at bowser, but his shell protects him. bowser does a firebreath, followed by a claw grab. just then two final smash items appear, bowser slams ridley to the ground and grabs a smash token. he transforms into giga bowser and procedes to beat the **** out of ridley while ridley trys to grab the other smash token. giga picks him up, fire breaths him, and throws him over his shoulder and right onto the smash token. ridley turns into meta ridley and then the battle is repeated untill bowser starts to turn back, at that point he uses his last remaining to grab ridley and body slam him off the stage. both die...

wow i guess i was wrong, itsa tie

Caael

Smash Lord
b0wsr b@ts r!dly !n ml p0wr @nd strngh s0 r!dly w!ll try t0 k!t h!m, fly!ng @nd sh00t!ng b@ms. b0wsr just ducks !n h!s shll @nd th b@ms b0unc 0ff. b0wsr w0uld thn thr0w @ k00p@ @t r!dly, @nd wh!l r!dly d@ls w!th th@t, b0wsr jumps up @nd gr@bs r!dly's ft. th suddn g@!nd w@!t c@uss r!dly t0 dr0p. whn thy h!t th gr0und b0wsr cl@ws r!dly's w!ngs, prvnt!ng h!m fr0m fly!ng. r!dly thn h!ts b0wsr !n th f@c w!th @ b@m @nd b0wsr !s kn0ckd b@ck. h thn cl@ws @t b0wsr, but h!s shll pr0tcts h!m. b0wsr d0s @ f!rbr@th, f0ll0wd by @ cl@w gr@b. just thn tw0 f!n@l sm@sh !tms @pp@r, b0wsr sl@ms r!dly t0 th gr0und @nd gr@bs @ sm@sh t0kn. h tr@nsf0rms !nt0 g!g@ b0wsr @nd pr0cds t0 b@t th **** 0ut 0f r!dly wh!l r!dly trys t0 gr@b th 0thr sm@sh t0kn. g!g@ p!cks h!m up, f!r br@ths h!m, @nd thr0ws h!m 0vr h!s sh0uldr @nd r!ght 0nt0 th sm@sh t0kn. r!dly turns !nt0 mt@ r!dly @nd thn th b@ttl !s rp@td unt!ll b0wsr st@rts t0 turn b@ck, @t th@t p0!nt h uss h!s l@st rm@!n!ng t0 gr@b r!dly @nd b0dy sl@m h!m 0ff th st@g. b0th d!...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
that would be nice, and in my defence i trhough the battle was pretty even, it wasn't BOWSER TOT@LL7 PWNZ R1D3LY W17H A BASE BALL BAT, and it wasn't ridley makes turtle soup out of bowser

wow my brain just exploded

T-major

Smash Champion
I've said this before, but Ridley is my #1 wanted character. He's going to be one of my mains, regardless of how good or bad he is.

also, I wanted to say my views on this comment

The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!
for the people who are worried that this statement might say something about Ridley not getting in as a playable character, I have a few things to say.

1) Bowser being the "Biggest" (in my opinion) may refer to his overall mass. while Ridley is longer/wider then Bowser, remember that he's also a heck of a lot skinnier. he also would probably stand with his parts (wings, Tail, Head/neck. ect) pulled in towards his body, thus making him look smaller.

2) with the above statement being said, Ridley being lighter then Bowser (at least in Brawl) is pretty much a given. Ridley is all skin and bones; Bowser is Skin and bones and fat... and spiked shell.. and spiked metal arm/neck bands.

these things, provided with the fact that Ridley is one of the most asked for characters (from a country that generally doesn't like the games he's from) means that it's silly to think he won't be in! :D

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
because 1, bat wings are fing awsueme, and 2, it is easier to impliment ridley into smash with batwings. this is mainly because the wings aren't jutting out, hell look at the dragon wings, their just a little smaller then ridley. the amount of programming needed to put the physics into the wings alone is just mind bottling. i mean if someone walks into those wings do they do damage to the opponent or does the opponent do damage to ridley. do the wings just stand there jutting out while his not lying, do they fold to the side, or do they fold in like moth wings. when ridley is flying what happens if you hit the wings, do they just do damage, are the wings themselves damaged, or does ridley fall out of flight

heres an idea, when he's flying they are dragon wings, but when he grounds himself they fold onto his arms, becoming batwings. even then i don't like the dragon wings. i feel they are a little played out, i mean every flying monster has dragon wings, but bat wings are a rare and pleasent occurance.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well, I would prefer if Ridley had his Dragon Wings, they could fold under his arms like Bat wings like you sayd.. so yes... whatever.

Anders Kaiser

Smash Apprentice
when ridley is flying what happens if you hit the wings, do they just do damage, are the wings themselves damaged, or does ridley fall out of flight.
These are also problems that Pit and Meta Knight have to deal with, so I assume that the Brawl team already has a way to answer that question. And while I'm fine with the Brawl team taking some creative liberty in the way characters are presented, giving Ridley "bat-wings" would be a rather BIG change to his design, and I can't see why they'd take it that far. Either way the wings have to be accounted for (assuming they fold up when Ridley lands), so I'd rather they keep it more faithful to his design.

majora_787

Smash Hero
yuh, we shot bottle rockets at targets. Buy honestly, that interenet kids dork needs a hard slap of reality. when Ridley gets confiremed, I'll print the page out, hunt him down and shove it up his.....yuh. not going there.

Ridley FTW!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think that's what we were all thinking. He's gonna be soooo full of paper...
yeah, but noobs like him always react the same way. they'll act like they KNEW Ridley would be accepted. they'll act like they were right, and had successfully predict the future. and then, when we use exact quotes of them saying otherwise, it's the original argument all over again. -.-

the grim lizard

Smash Master
fyi, that same guy thinks that tingle is the next most likely zelda character to get in, that meowth is the most likely pokemon to get in next, that dedede won't be in because there's too many kirby characters, and that there are too many metroid characters what with zero samus and all but that dark samus was the next most likely...

majora_787

Smash Hero
so, hold on. -.- Dedede won't make it in because two is more than enough kirby chars, Meowth is a good pokemon choice, Tingle can fight, and two is enough metroid characters, even though there's technically only one, and Dark Samus is getting in even though there are "two" characters already, which he said was two many to begin with? okay, that guy confuses the hell out of me. ;-;

the grim lizard

Smash Master
so, hold on. -.- Dedede won't make it in because two is more than enough kirby chars, Meowth is a good pokemon choice, Tingle can fight, and two is enough metroid characters, even though there's technically only one, and Dark Samus is getting in even though there are "two" characters already, which he said was two many to begin with? okay, that guy confuses the hell out of me. ;-;
I'm personally against Meowth bcuz he seems pretty lame.

But...not nearly as lame as Tingle. Tingle cannot fight. I pity the day we see Ridley and Tingle in the ring together...:urg:

majora_787

Smash Hero
allow me to take this one. *ahem*

Tingle and Ridley enter the ring. Ridley walks across the arena, not seeing his opponent. he thinks it's a joke that he would be told to come to the arena for a fight, but nobody shows up. suddenly, a sickening squish and crack is heard, and Ridley looks down to see his opponent, Tinkle, crushed below his foot.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
^^1337 speak plz.

OMFG u gys r a bnch of in73r/\/3t k!ds 2 th1nk dat teh riddly thng \/\/ud B337 tingle1!!!11!!!one!! 71/\/GL3 HAS TEH MAPS!!!!! HE W00D 0\/\//\/ RDDLY!!!!0NE!1111! t1nG13 1S teh PWnSaUc3!!!!11 T!/\/g1e FTW!!!!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
OMFG u gys r a bnch of in73r/\/3t k!ds 2 th1nk dat teh riddly thng \/\/ud B337 tingle1!!!11!!!one!! 71/\/GL3 HAS TEH MAPS!!!!! HE W00D 0\/\//\/ RDDLY!!!!0NE!1111! t1nG13 1S teh PWnSaUc3!!!!11 T!/\/g1e FTW!!!!
English translation:

OMFG. You guys are a bunch of internet kids to think that the Riddley thing would beat Tingle! Tingle has the maps! He would own Riddley! Tingle is the pwn sauce! Tingle FTW!

LOLZ, it's actually harder to type like that then it is to type normal.

Anywho, I s'pose there isn't much to talk about for Ridley anymore... someone make a moveset or something......or we could gather a bunch of random info on Ridley and speculate how some of that stuff could be incorporated into Brawl.... I dunno, the novelty of shouting Ridley For Brawl is starting to wear off....

Solid_Snake_225

Smash Rookie
I reckon ridley is a great idea and should have been in SSBM because of Samus. he does have wings and stuff so I really don't think he's going to be like Bowzer...
Agreed I always thought that Ridley should have been in the game even since Smash 64

majora_787

Smash Hero
I know. since giga bowser is playable now, we can play as Ridley, and meta-Ridley can be the NEW boss. that'd be awesome :p

but I think Ridley and the rest of the rivals and bad guys should be unlockable. like, to unlock Ridley, beat Samus's adventure mode on normal difficulty or something like that.

Caael

Smash Lord
English translation:

OMFG. You guys are a bunch of internet kids to think that the Riddley thing would beat Tingle! Tingle has the maps! He would own Riddley! Tingle is the pwn sauce! Tingle FTW!

LOLZ, it's actually harder to type like that then it is to type normal.

Anywho, I s'pose there isn't much to talk about for Ridley anymore... someone make a moveset or something......or we could gather a bunch of random info on Ridley and speculate how some of that stuff could be incorporated into Brawl.... I dunno, the novelty of shouting Ridley For Brawl is starting to wear off....
Okay then.

Which version of Ridley do you think will be the one they use? I'm guessing the Melee intro one, as they have the model and it's easier for them.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
These are also problems that Pit and Meta Knight have to deal with, so I assume that the Brawl team already has a way to answer that question. And while I'm fine with the Brawl team taking some creative liberty in the way characters are presented, giving Ridley "bat-wings" would be a rather BIG change to his design, and I can't see why they'd take it that far. Either way the wings have to be accounted for (assuming they fold up when Ridley lands), so I'd rather they keep it more faithful to his design.
well pit's wings only appear when he is airborn or when he jumps, and its the same with metaknight. plus their wings are allot smaller then ridley's wings would be, since ridleys wings are about as big as him and ridley is one of the tallest characters in brawl if he makes it in. and i believe he actually started out with bat wings, its only in the recent metroid prime FPS's that we see him with dragon wings. now i could definetly see dragon wings for his meta ridley form, but as for his regular form i say stick with the bat wings

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Okay then.

Which version of Ridley do you think will be the one they use? I'm guessing the Melee intro one, as they have the model and it's easier for them.

That Ridley was in a cinematic though, which, I think, is completely different from a video game model. Nevertheless, I'd expect to see a similar looking version in Brawl. I would imagine that he'd have a bit more detail.

well pit's wings only appear when he is airborn or when he jumps, and its the same with metaknight. plus their wings are allot smaller then ridley's wings would be, since ridleys wings are about as big as him and ridley is one of the tallest characters in brawl if he makes it in. and i believe he actually started out with bat wings, its only in the recent metroid prime FPS's that we see him with dragon wings. now i could definetly see dragon wings for his meta ridley form, but as for his regular form i say stick with the bat wings
And, ClarkJables, Ridley with bat wings is a stupid idea. I'd rather they not include him if they are going to f*ck him all up. Dragon wings or no Ridley at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom