• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oh oh oh oh oh, Gypsy, where did you get that image? Do you have a version without the dark bar and the text? That could allow Ridley to be pasted into some screenshots to prove that he fits in.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hrrrrmmmmm.... my image manipulation skills are hardly anything I can brag about, but if no one else volunteers, I'll try to edit out that stuff myself...

I know, I also once volunteered to draw Ridley, but... that's... that's... *goes cower in a corner*

the grim lizard

Smash Master
You'll need photoshop and a couple hours of work.

For the black parts, just adjust the hue in those areas to match the rest of him. Easy enough. The text will be a bit harder, as you will have to repaint this entirely. Just improvise and try to match the color/contour of that part of his body. Then, just use magic eraser on everything else and...badda bing you have your ridley model.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
You could always go to the artwork imporium and ask someone there to edit it for you. They make entire signatures for free, so I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to help you out with that.

Just a thought....

Otherwise, good luck with that. Oh, and don't forget to erase the background and save it as a PNG, so that there won't be a background, allowing you to place it into a screenshot without having to edit anything.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Heh, point.
We'd still need someone with a good capture device, though. That picture's kinda shabby.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Can I just tell you guys that I'm going to go nuts in here the day Ridley is confirmed. I will probably post a huge message demonstrating my ecstatic joy. Anyway, just wanted to share that.

RFB!

Caael

Smash Lord
My huge message will be something like this:

OMFG RIDLEY IS IN FOCKIN' BRAWL! HA! ALL YOU HATERS WERE WRONG! IM LOOKING AT YOU SMASHYOU6666! NOW YOU CAN GO BACK TO YOUR CRAPPY LITTLE ARCADE AND CRY OVER YOUR QUARTERS THAT YOU WERE WRONG! RIDLEY YAY YAY YAY RIDLEY CONFIRMED BEST CHARACTER EVARRRR!

But longer and better!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I'll do my happy dance: seen here.

Then after I change my pants, I'll procede to rub it in every single Ridley hater's face. Seen here:

OMFG, YOU DIDN'T HERE?!11!!!? RIDLEY WAS CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!!! AND YOU SAID HE WASN'T GOING TO BE IN? ARE YOU ****ING STUPID!? WELL IN YOUR F***ING FACE!!!! OHHH, WHAT'S THAT? DARK SAMUS IS AN ASSIST TROPHY? I'M SORRY..... NO, NOT REALLY DARK SAMUS IS F*CKING GHEY!!!! SHE DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE TO BE SEEN IN BRAWL. SHE ONLY MADE IT AS AN NPC BECAUSE SHE GAVE SAKURAI ****!!!! HA HA HA HA HA AH AH HA HA!!!!!11!!!

I have a dry sense of humor, I know.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
My huge message will be something like this:

OMFG RIDLEY IS IN FOCKIN' BRAWL! HA! ALL YOU HATERS WERE WRONG! IM LOOKING AT YOU SMASHYOU6666! NOW YOU CAN GO BACK TO YOUR CRAPPY LITTLE ARCADE AND CRY OVER YOUR QUARTERS THAT YOU WERE WRONG! RIDLEY YAY YAY YAY RIDLEY CONFIRMED BEST CHARACTER EVARRRR!

But longer and better!
Yeah, me too. I will say soming like this:

"wow, ...... cool"

I would say "But longer and better" that's just too mush all really. :p

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
wow you guys are getting flustered over ridley. don't worry he'll probably be in brawl, its not like he's toad lol

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hey it's ridley. being the fans we are, we get overhyped about these things.

it would be fun to come on this site and see 3 new pages pop up in one minute due to everyone posting in this thread

Fawriel

Smash Master
I thought someone would simply take a screenshot right from the game where the model's from?
Not to be annoying, but this seems like the best possible thing to do besides screaming how much Ridley needs to be in Brawl.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Are you talking about taking a screenshot directly from the game or finding one online and editing it? I'm a little confused. And, if you mean taking the picture from the game, how exactly do you do that? And how exactly is this a good thing? And even if it's a good thing, how can it possibly be better then screaming "Ridley For Braaawl"?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Are you talking about taking a screenshot directly from the game or finding one online and editing it? I'm a little confused. And, if you mean taking the picture from the game, how exactly do you do that? And how exactly is this a good thing? And even if it's a good thing, how can it possibly be better then screaming "Ridley For Braaawl"?
1. Taking it from the game, since there's the surprisingly detailed trophy of Ridley. Although it doesn't even have to be that one, I guess. Finding something nice on Google would be nice, too... although I have strong doubts about that working out as well.
2. Same way people record matches, I guess. Or via emulator. Or so.
3. It gives us a SSB-able model of Ridley...
4. -> It would let us copy Ridleys into existing Brawl screenshots in various different ways to make clear that he would, in fact, fit in.

"RFB" < concrete evidence that RFB :p

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
this thread is closely becoming the most popular character thread on this site. we're only 200 posts behind the diddy thread, curently number one. although i love diddy, i love ridley even more. come on we need more posts!

ridley for brawl

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Okay, just wondering. I'll give it a shot. However, being a hillbilly and all, I'm not, by any means, tech savvy, so don't expect anything pretty. If only someone that were good at photoshop *cough*Stryks and Caael*cough* could volunteer to do it too.....

Caael

Smash Lord
Okay, just wondering. I'll give it a shot. However, being a hillbilly and all, I'm not, by any means, tech savvy, so don't expect anything pretty. If only someone that were good at photoshop *cough*Stryks and Caael*cough* could volunteer to do it too.....
Oh no, I suck. You should have seen my attempt at Ridley kirby. I fake things to look good. It's all really simple and easy to do, but it looks good in the end.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Hey I retired a LONG time ago with photoshop, but If u can inspire me then I MAY give it a whirl...
If by "inspire" you mean motivate, then how so? Isn't the opportunity to prove all the Ridley haters wrong motivation enough? :laugh:

And, Caael, I assumed you were good at photo manipulation because you seemed to know alot about the subject. My bad, guys, I'll try it myself...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
True, but Im usually lazy when it comes to PS, but I may take a whirl at it if its a cool idea or something...
We just need the Ridley from the Melee trophy cropped, then saved without a background so that we can post it in Brawl screenshots to prove that he'd fit in the game just fine.

So will you take the job for us all? Pretty pleeeeeeaaaazze? :lol:

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
1. Taking it from the game, since there's the surprisingly detailed trophy of Ridley. Although it doesn't even have to be that one, I guess. Finding something nice on Google would be nice, too... although I have strong doubts about that working out as well.
2. Same way people record matches, I guess. Or via emulator. Or so.
3. It gives us a SSB-able model of Ridley...
4. -> It would let us copy Ridleys into existing Brawl screenshots in various different ways to make clear that he would, in fact, fit in.

"RFB" < concrete evidence that RFB :p
Mmm.. I was just thinking about the surprisingly detailed trophy of Ridley, in Melee, because their was a trophy of Pit, metaknight, and I think Wario (not sure about Wario). Ridlet was a trophy too, and also in the intro.

So it's looking look, right? :)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Aww man u have NO idea how hard is to render a trophy, cause a lof of the back ground sticks onto the render... but I may try it later or tomorrow give me image...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom