• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Generic space pirate
Wave Trooper [ Taken]
Power Trooper
Plasma Trooper [ Taken]
Ice Trooper
Jetpack trooper [ Taken]
Aquapack trooper
Flaagra
Metroid Prime/ Dark Samus ( I tied her up and beat her with a large stick. Now she works for me)
Weavel
Other hunters [ Weavel and Noxus taken]
Other generic metroid enemies
That worm lad in fusion
A Hornoad. [ If nobody takes this, they will be incinerated]

Whoever had the misfortune to say ' Assist Trophy' doesn't have long to live.

I'm scared. Very scared now.

"The biggest and the heaviest of fighters"

Either Ridley isn't there * SHOCK* or he's not the biggest. PEOPLE WE NEED ACTION. MORE AGAINST HAL LABS. TO JAPAN!
i personally would expect ridley to be lighter than bowser, i mean that shells gotta weigh a bit, plus hes got those bondage straps with metal spikes wrapped around every limb. hes bound to be a fatty. biggest is a worry though. maybe ridley has been scaled down to tiny size. that'd be funny. he will be pretty compact though, probably only stretch out for something like a taunt.

i dont think he'll be an assist trophy either. sakurai says the majority of them will be invincible, but ridley has boss music, which implies you can fight him, and obviously if you are made to fight him theres a way to win (duh).

i dont think yesterday or todays update 'unconfirms' riddles. hes still confirmed in my mind. but whatever happens, any ridley is better than no ridley, even if it is just a sadistic tease on sakurai's part.

Fawriel

Smash Master
dadasdsasdadadasdasdaddas

You know how you don't call a long, lanky person big? Because big ~= fat.

Ridley will hunch over. He will doubtlessly be the longest of characters.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well, we could always check official sites to compare the weights of the 2 baddies to see if Bowser is heavier than Ridley.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It's probably like how people say that Elephants are bigger than Giraffes, as while Giraffes are technically taller, Elephants fill out space more. Ridley is incredibly Lanky, so even if he ends up a little taller than Bowser he probably wouldn't look as big.

Though it strikes me as just a general term to describe Bowser, seeing as you'd call Sumo Wrestlers in general as the biggest and the heaviest of fighters too. I don't think Sakurai really has other characters in mind when describing these characters, so I don't think he's worried about contradicting himself from non revealed characters yet, only taking the revealed characters into account.

Otherwise G&W has been unconfirmed by Kirby's update.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Ya, to me heaviest and biggest are the same thing. Height and size are not the same thing. You might think NBA players are big, but a lot of those 7 footers only weigh like 250 or 260. Many football players are bigger than that being around 6'2". This doesn't unconfirm Ridley at all. Besides, Sakurai likes to play with people's emotions, that's why he didn't mention ATs until after he described S.Goroh.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hm.....I just thought. if we got the actual measurements for Ridle, somebody could make a meta-Ridley suit, and we could use THAT to teach nintendo a lesson for making Ridley an AT

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
just looking at bowser and how evil he looks, makes me wonder how sakurai will make ridley look..........................awesome

and to comment on your picture Gypsy (the mother ridley one)...ahem

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridley for Brawl

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Mmmhmm. Thought so. And anyway, Ridley's size shouldn't be too much trouble. A small bit of subtle resizing wouldn't be too bad, and he's usually hunched over anyway, so he's of manageable hight, just a bit long.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I would like to thank this this thread, at first I did not want Ridley to be in Ssbb, bt now he's my most wanted newcomer. :) (Just saying)

Ferret

Smash Cadet
Bowser was reseized so often...there schouldn't be a big problem to do the same with Ridley.
(Ridley was actually reseized in the SSBM Intro)

Ridley ftw!!!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm still Kraid...

Oh, and when were we planning this invasion of the Brawl development studio?? Because...they sure didn't reveal Ridley yet. Did I already miss it? Sorry if I did, it isn't easy to get around when you're a four-story scaly monster with hands coming out of your stomach...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
@ the Grim Lizard

don't worry you will know the attack has begun when a snowstorm hits brawl develepmont area since i'm Thardus

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Wow instant flame...

He's too big... and would be a way too awkward as a playable character...

Even a boss would be better than a playable character...

You have to admit... a shrunken ridley would look ridiculous... he needs to be BIG and mean...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Wow instant flame...

He's too big... and would be a way too awkward as a playable character...

Even a boss would be better than a playable character...

You have to admit... a shrunken ridley would look ridiculous... he needs to be BIG and mean...
you only get instant flame cause you came in a thread with tons of supporters without giving any logical thought to your opinion. not very smart man.

well we've argued this before, so i'll just say that if you look at the melee intro, ridley was scaled down and didn't look that awkward, right? he still looked big and mean, right?

and what boss are you refering too? ridley is himself a boss, you don't narrow the subject down.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Boss as in masterhand or giga bowser... He would fit better in that category IMO...

And even though he was scaled down in the melee intro he was still pretty huge...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
In the Melee intro, they had to take out his tail for him to fit. And no, he didn't look cool at all. So yeah, stop using that as an argument guys....

But the size argument phails. We all know that characters can be scaled to fit in the game.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Boss as in masterhand or giga bowser... He would fit better in that category IMO...

And even though he was scaled down in the melee intro he was still pretty huge...
huge, he was only a bit taller than Samus! he was bowser size.

and masterhand? i can't see anyway of masterhand being playable, ESPECIALLY over Ridley

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
But ridley is proportioned in a wierd way...

To scale him down they would have to cut down his tail (like you said) and also his wings...

His wings are such a huge part of his body...

If his body were proportioned to the other characters, his wings would be way to big...

If his entire form (wings and tail etc) were all scaled, his body would be tiny because his wings make up such a large part of his volume...

colbusman: I said ridley as a boss like masterhand or gigabowser...

meaning an event match or a part of adventure mode etc...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
you can't have ridley be a boss and not be playable. this would cause riots all across the world, and especially here.

whoa, ridley didn't have a tail, that is weird. well anyway i think his tail and wings could work cause of two reasons

Mewtwo and Pit

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
huge, he was only a bit taller than Samus! he was bowser size.

and masterhand? i can't see anyway of masterhand being playable, ESPECIALLY over Ridley
WE call it gameshark and action replay, lol! People always find their ways!

To scale him down they would have to cut down his tail (like you said) and also his wings...
Mewtwo's got a mad long tail so, wat=??? Does that get in the way? NO! Also, Pit's legs are super long, so wat=???

So are Pit's wings, and I wonder if he'll get in.

If his body were proportioned to the other characters, his wings would be way to big...
Pit! Pit's Wings are huge, so wat=???

If his entire form (wings and tail etc) were all scaled, his body would be tiny because his wings make up such a large part of his volume...
Not really, he could have a big wing, and still be about the body size of Samus.

Okay, Japan wants him and they rejected the Metroid series.

Ya right, that would be a waste of time making a boss, other than Kraid or such. Besides, 10 times as many people want him than people who don't want him, so HA! Also, we all know his theme will be in Brawl, so he's semi-confirmed, whether as a Assist Trophy, or Playable Character, but I think as a Boss is out of the question=takes too long=they can just add him instead.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
"weird" is just a more negative definition for "unique" or "special."
and sakurai wanted to impliment more unique characters

they wouldn't HAVE to cut off his tail. just give it no hitbox.

he can retract them.

see above

retract them, no hitbox, etc.

nah.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
mewtwo was already the right size... and pit's wings are tiny when compared to the rest of his body... unlike ridley's...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
mewtwo was already the right size... and pit's wings are tiny when compared to the rest of his body... unlike ridley's...

Actually, Pit's Wings are huge, as such is shown above! :grin: :p :psycho: They are a bit smaller than his body, and Ridley is just a bit bigger, so I see no reason why Ridley wouldn't fit.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE, STOP WITH THE PAGE LONG MULTI QUOTES!!!!

Seriously, you guys, you quote what everyone said, then you say like three words that aren't even important to the conversation. Most of the time, they're just "I agree XD" and that's it!

EDIT: I posted this after the two multiquotes, but three people posted before me. So that's directed at those...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom