• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
While I admit that Ridley being an AT is now a possibility, I feel quite positive about his chances. While Goroh was a big character in F-Zero, there are many other racers who would fit in Brawl from the series and his position in the F-Zero isn't comparable to Ridley's position in the Metroid series (and Sakurai himself stated that Ridley is Samus' main enemy, making him the most important character in the series after her). Not to mention Goroh was just another swordsman, but you'd be incredibly hard pushed to find any other character whose even vaguely similar to Ridley. And nothing against the F-Zero franchise, but the Metroid series is much bigger (and iirc, Sakurai only picked out one F-Zero character in his poll, while there were a few Hunters and Ridley picked out for Metroid).

Can't say I'm not a little bit nervous, but I faith in Ridley.

NukeA6

Smash Master
the Assist Trophy update is really scary people...

what if Ridley was an assist trophy character?!

what if our favorite characters turns out as AS?!?

OH NOOO!!!:(:urg::urg::(
And the nay-sayers got another weapon to use against Ridley.

This is why Ridley needs to be confirmed soon so we can end the madness once and for all.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
While I admit that Ridley being an AT is now a possibility, I feel quite positive about his chances. While Goroh was a big character in F-Zero, there are many other racers who would fit in Brawl from the series and his position in the F-Zero isn't comparable to Ridley's position in the Metroid series (and Sakurai himself stated that Ridley is Samus' main enemy, making him the most important character in the series after her). Not to mention Goroh was just another swordsman, but you'd be incredibly hard pushed to find any other character whose even vaguely similar to Ridley. And nothing against the F-Zero franchise, but the Metroid series is much bigger (and iirc, Sakurai only picked out one F-Zero character in his poll, while there were a few Hunters and Ridley picked out for Metroid).

Can't say I'm not a little bit nervous, but I faith in Ridley.
He said the same about Goroh..."Here’s Samurai Goro, Captain Falcon’s rival. He’s an F-Zero Pilot. He wears the number five."

I do think that Ridley is still more likely as a playable, but I must admit that I do have some worry in me. But, the fact that almost EVERYONE on the board instantaneously feared the same thing upon seeing Goroh at least gives me a little faith that he's too popular to become an AT.

Ridley will be a playable character

Hunters will be AT

nuff said
I kind of agree. I think that Dark Samus will be an AT, too, now.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
True, but Arch nemesis is a far more significant title than rival (and let's be honest, CF has his fair share of them, and he's not on the same protagonist level as Samus is). Ridley also has far more potential than Goroh did in terms of a playable character, potential I don't think Sakurai would want to waste.

I think it's okay to be a little worried, but I don't think Ridley's chances have been hurt as much as others are making out.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
really don't worry. i saw the update, and had MORE faith of Ridley's playable appearance, cause now less deserving characters *cough, Tingle, Tom Nook, cough* will be AT, leaving the highly deserved characters, which includes our fearsome Ridley, a better chance of playability

so Ridley for Brawl

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I think that Ridley will be in Brawl, and not an AT.
The "Ridley for Brawl" Thread has 161 pages as I am posting this. That's a lot of support. I think that Sakurai knows Ridley is a much wanted character for a position in Brawl. The more support for a character, the more Sakurai is tilted to put them into the game.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I think we all need to sit around a camp fire, holding hands, and sing "Kumbaya" for Ridley...

*listens to Ridley's theme...*

edit: Hey guys, for your ease of mind and my own...Ridley appeared on Sakurai's polls four times. Goroh appeared on his polls never. It's all gonna be alright.

Caael

Smash Lord
I had it on repeat last night. Infact, I woke up with it playing. Magic.

I think we should all perform a Ridley Ritual to make him appear in Brawl.

Hoi cha kan wa, Hoi cha kan wa! Hoi RIDLEY Cha RIDLEY Kan RIDLEY Wa RIDLEY!!!

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
I had it on repeat last night. Infact, I woke up with it playing. Magic.

I think we should all perform a Ridley Ritual to make him appear in Brawl.

Hoi cha kan wa, Hoi cha kan wa! Hoi RIDLEY Cha RIDLEY Kan RIDLEY Wa RIDLEY!!!
No, what we need to do is enlist all the Space pirates we can, build a giant Mecha Ridley and ENSLAVE THE HUMAN RACE! That will force Sakurai to get us Ridley!

Caael

Smash Lord
No, what we need to do is enlist all the Space pirates we can, build a giant Mecha Ridley and ENSLAVE THE HUMAN RACE! That will force Sakurai to get us Ridley!
Dude, i'm on it.

I CALL THE RIDLEY COSTUME!!

I want to crap myself laughing at the poor sod trapped in the mother brain costume. The rest get to be pirates.

RFB!!!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i call not being mother brain. i'm gonna be a space pirate. now hand me my gun and jetpack, we're off to invade "The Studio" (that is pertaining to the fact Ridley will not make a playable appearance in the great SSBB)

oh, Ridley for Brawl of course

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Dude, i'm on it.

I CALL THE RIDLEY COSTUME!!

I want to crap myself laughing at the poor sod trapped in the mother brain costume. The rest get to be pirates.

RFB!!!
Does having to cosplay as Mother Brain authorize me to sit in one place doing nothing (or playing Brawl) while having a deputy of pirates obeying my every order and whim?

If so, I'm willing to be the one to make that enormous sacrifice ;)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
A metroid latching on to your opponent's head would be hysterical. Metroid ATs FTW.
I think I would rather have them come out randomly when you break a barrel...kind of like how they randomly explode, have metroids come out and go nuts all over the stage..or simply just attach to one person and cause damage...

Or, having them as ATs would be cool too.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
see that's just lazy and ignorant. you just want to sit and get fat while us Ridley fanboys actually go out and sacrifice our own time and selves for a piece of Ridley action in brawl
Hey, it was him who wanted to have a Mother Brain-Ridley-Pirates scheme. I just applied to the post that best suited my mobility capabities :laugh:. Plus I wanted to make him notice that being Mother Brain is actually not that bad, eh? ;)

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
If they make Ridley an assist trophy I will have to assassinate someone. Good idea with the Metroids being ATs, though, that would be awesome (or having them come out of the boxes). As long as their's a way to fight them off before they start sucking your life away. Maybe they'll make mother brain or DS an AT

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
:eek: HOLY FBXORZ. That is a scary Kraid. Why'd they take him out?
Of course you realize, that would come with a severly reduced life-span.
Yes, but it also comes with, *ahem*

-Plasma Incendiary Launchers
-Wave Quake Generator
-Chameleon Manta
-Energy Reflection Shield
-Retractable wrist bayonets (woo!)

Thank you, wikipedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom