• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oooh, nice. Those have style. I especially like the first one. The "RIDLEY FOR BRAWL" font could use some shininess or something because it looks a little plain compared to the rest.. yes, I know you use Paint.
If you need a better program, try The Gimp. It's free and technically about as potent as Photoshop, just not necessarily as user-friendly. It takes a bit to become accustomed to it, but it does the deal.

Caael

Smash Lord
The hard part with sprite posters is cutting them out from the background. If the outline is the same colour as the background, it's difficult to

a) See what you're cutting out
and
b) You'll delete the outline

That's probably why you found it so hard.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The hard part with sprite posters is cutting them out from the background. If the outline is the same colour as the background, it's difficult to

a) See what you're cutting out
and
b) You'll delete the outline

That's probably why you found it so hard.
nope. actually, the problem is, I'm new to this kind of thing for the most part. what I found hard is, whenever I put a sprite on a backround, it comes with a white block around it. I even had it so the paste was transparent, but nothing happened. I can't make it so the white box never shows up to begin with. -.-

The main problem is the characters on blue sheets. they never seem to want to do anything.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Oooh, nice. Those have style. I especially like the first one. The "RIDLEY FOR BRAWL" font could use some shininess or something because it looks a little plain compared to the rest.. yes, I know you use Paint.
If you need a better program, try The Gimp. It's free and technically about as potent as Photoshop, just not necessarily as user-friendly. It takes a bit to become accustomed to it, but it does the deal.
Thanks for the advice. And as for Gimp, I'll be looking in to it, thanks. However, me and MS Paint are like this *raises hand up and crosses fingers* so I'll have a hard time switching to something new....

I like it :bluejump:. But I think you over did the blending a bit, because Ridley's a bit difficult to see. And, the text would look great if it was thinner and sexier, kind of like Ridley XD. Who am I to critique though? I suck LOL.

I redid those Ridley banners/whatever. They aren't great, but if any one wants one, feel free to take them... I made them 'cause I was bored :ohwell:.

EDIT: Got bored again so I made this.

2ND EDIT: Wow! I just switched computers and realized how crappy those are with a brighter screen! *sigh* Ow well.... I remade this 'cause I was still really, really bored....

majora_787

Smash Hero
hey, I finally got the problem fixed. now, I'm working ot making a comic strip. But now I have to get an idea for how big the pages should be, how much room I'll need for this, stuff like that. -.-

the grim lizard

Smash Master
so, i got pics of snake and meta if you want them. and you contradict yourself cause you got Zamus there too
I realize that there ARE pics of them, but I was using the regular profile pics because I like the poses. I'm just waiting for those to be posted before I add more characters.

Where is Zamus? I don't have her...just normal Samus.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/Hero_of_Fire17/dsr_smashbrosbrawl_zerosuitsamus.jpg

Problem solved.
I wonder if that will be the same as the one with her profile when he finally puts it up...

Do you happen to have one of Meta or Snake with that same background style??

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Ah, IGN...I really don't check that much anymore, but I guess Sakurai has just been using those same pics...

And these are a LOT bigger than those on Smash Dojo...(not that that matters, by any means...)

I really can't seem to get this downsized so it looks right. The height is just too small :(. Plus, photobucket is being a jerk right now and won't update the photo when I resize it...meh

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
<_< I see it now. Kirby tries to swallow Ridley, and Ridley swallows Kirby in one bite.
No, that isn't how it would happen. It would happpen like Kirby tries to swallow Ridley, then Ridley eats Kirby, lol. :chuckle: Unless of course Kirby is as good as he was in SSB64 (way overpowered). XD Can't believe I haven' seen this thread before, lol since I am a avid Ridley for Brawl supporter.

majora_787

Smash Hero
No, that isn't how it would happen. It would happpen like Kirby tries to swallow Ridley, then Ridley eats Kirby, lol. :chuckle: Unless of course Kirby is as good as he was in SSB64 (way overpowered). XD Can't believe I haven' seen this thread before, lol since I am a avid Ridley for Brawl supporter.

So....kirby wouldn't try to eat Ridley, but he would try to eat Ridley. and at the same time, Ridley would not eat Kirby, but Ridley WOULD eat Kirby. -.- you denied my logic and gave it back to me. and that's just plain weird.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Leaked info!...Sakurai is revealing Ridley on the site tomorrow!!

(Sorry, I just wanted the thread to come back up to the top.)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Ridley looks like the main villain there. Now it makes me wonder if there will be a transformation of Ridley in the game (like Bowser into Giga Bowser).
Mmmm.... Yes! Who will win, Giga Bowser or Ridley?

I say Ridley, and it not because of this topic.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ridley is uber pwnage and can easily take down the Bowser with steroids...

wait whats that?! ITS THAT TIME AGAIN:

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!!!

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
ZOMG! Ridley is so totally gonna be an assist trophy! [/negativity]

although there is a decent chance this may be true, im still hopeful that he'll slip quietly into the playable section (by quietly i mean only half the world simultaneously /joygasms).

besides, even if he is an assist trophy, he will be the uber pwnage assist trophy that everyone wants when they throw one of those badboys!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
My level of anger at the mere thought of Ridley being reduced to the status of an Assist Trophy (a.k.a. "Glorified Pokeball for non-Pokemon Characters"):

IT'S OVER NINE-THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!

Although it is now unfortunately a major possibility...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Lalalalalalala I'm not hearing lalalalala.

But if Ridley ever becomes and Assist Trophy we must make some sort of Attack on NIntendo, Ridley fans around the world must united and FIGHT!. TONIGHT WE DINE IN NORFAIR!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom