• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vali

Smash Ace
Metroids. they have a FAR larger role in the series than that dragon, and like you said, Sakurai wanted more rep from the series, and the series is named after that parasite. As for that highway to nowhere you told me i was on.... don't you think were' all on the same highway?, pointlessly disscussing about a game we know so little about?.... i thought so...
Metroids? You must jest
You complain about movesets
And fighting forms too

You are misguided
If you think they'd work better
Good luck on that one

Design us some moves
To prove your stupid theory
Or lest shut your mouth

I'm tired of this crap
Even Haikus don't bring joy
To owning idiots

You must realise
You're fighting a lost battle
Just give it up now

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
how would he grab to ledges, jump, grab, throw, how about a Final?
Exactly. How can a space dragon do all that?, unless.... HE'S PUFF!, THE MAGIC DRAGON!

Try to explain this without wasting my time on a crapload of boring text.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
DANG! Gone for an hour...and we add 10 pages or something. I tried to read through it all, but you guys added like 2 more pages just while I was reading...

ridley needs to be a AT not a charecter it makes more sense
You guys seemed to missed the fourth anti-Ridley guy that came today...lol. You could spread the, er, love, er...whatever to this guy, too.

What's there too say about Ridley?!, he dies every game he's in he fails, and all ridley supporters fail.
So, we should just have Ridley beat Samus and the game ends like that. Sounds like a fun game. :psycho:

Samus is the heroine; there's no getting around that. But Ridley is the second most important character in Metroid. Bowser dies in every game or at least is defeated. Yet, there he is, showing up in Brawl. Ganondorf...wow, how many times is that guy gonna come back?? I mean, come on!!

Your arguments fail to look at empirical evidence and precedents already set.

Grim keeps my moveset alive, so keeping his contest alive is the least I can do.
Thanks. ^_^

im right tho he should be a AT weve already got 3+ flying charecters ive never seen hes attacks before lol but he would be bad tho
We already have three characters with wings, and already two multiple jump characters...hmm...that does seem to pose a problem. However, we already have 25+ characters who can punch/kick, etc. Aw, man...guess we can't add anymore.

I don't see how having wings should restrict him. Those are basically just aesthetic add-ons anyway. They will have some attacks/moves related, I'm sure, but it's not like it's a huge hindrance. Bowser, Fox, Falco, M2, Pikachu all have tails...is that another reason we shouldn't add Ridley??

Exactly. How can a space dragon do all that?, unless.... HE'S PUFF!, THE MAGIC DRAGON!

Translation: Tell me all this without me having to read anything.

Um, how?

As I said, Gypsy's moveset is very well organized and is easy to find any aspect of his character which you might be confused about. Stop being lazy and just look at it for what you want to find instead of saying "blah blah wall of text" (which it isn't). It isn't that difficult.

Vali

Smash Ace

With his arms, with his legs, with his arms, with his arms and he has tons of possibilities for a final smash. The key flaw to your argument being...Metroids don't have arms.

Stryks

Smash Hero
OMFG Tell me I didnt just read that:

HE HAS FREAKING ARMS AND HANDS, he can grab to ledges JUST LIKE BOWSER
He can JUMP or have u not seen him take off in mp1 and in other metroid games?! bowser can jump, why not him?!
Grab? GRAB?! THATS HIS MOST REOCURRENT MOVE OF ALL!!! he grab and either slashes you/ shoots u plasma/ or just freaking bites you!
Throw? Hello!! he can just take a bite out of the oponent and send him fliying to a direction!!
Final? U have to be F'king kiddin me!! Greneade assault, pirate summoning, Giga plasma Beam, Dragon fury, tail whip of chaos what do I know!

Del Money

Smash Champion
Sweet Mercifull God, you're telling me a Metroid has more chance of being a PC than Ridley?
apparently he is cuz he's uber smart
Proov it then. Or am i right?
dear lord....i wanna give this one to Shuma so bad but then alpha will accuse me of backing down, and being ridiculous by a n00b is worse than death so here we go (even though ive explained it MANY times)...

there was a music update...with?
alpha n00b said:
Ridley boss music?
yes. good. Ridley boss music. so i guess that means that Ridley will in some form be incorporated into brawl am i right?
alpha n00b said:
der i guess so
good. good. youre getting smarter. so now who is the 2nd most popular Metroid character choice for brawl (or 2nd most popular in general)
alpha n00b said:
der...Metroid?
do you see a Metroid for brawl thread?
alpha n00b said:
then that means you were wrong before
alpha n00b said:
hmm...i guess so
so do you LOGICALLY think that ATs will have their own musical theme to take away from the background music of the stage, especially seeing as multiple AT items could appear?
alpha n00b said:
so that virtually rules out as Ridley an AT. now is there any LOGICAL reason for Ridley to be a background element in brawl, even though kraid was one in melee, has no fanbase for brawl, AND IS A LARGER THAN LIFE MOFO?
der....Proov it then. Or am i right?
aye..aye...aye, theres no hope

007flash

Smash Journeyman

He was talking about the Metroid. Read the entire post.

Vali

Smash Ace
Ok? Why are you ignoring me? And yes I would like an answer. If it was about the logic fails thing, it was suppose to be a witty response, because of how he talked about failed logic.

I think I am a reasonable guy, Shuma. :) So we can have a reasonable debate.
Three people saying
"It was aimed at alpha noob"
Would've been too much

So instead I choose
To edit this post into
Another Haiku

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
OMFG Tell me I didnt just read that:

HE HAS FREAKING ARMS AND HANDS, he can grab to ledges JUST LIKE BOWSER
He can JUMP or have u not seen him take off in mp1 and in other metroid games?! bowser can jump, why not him?!
Grab? GRAB?! THATS HIS MOST REOCURRENT MOVE OF ALL!!! he grab and either slashes you/ shoots u plasma/ or just freaking bites you!
Throw? Hello!! he can just take a bite out of the oponent and send him fliying to a direction!!
Final? U have to be F'king kiddin me!! Greneade assault, pirate summoning, Giga plasma Beam, Dragon fury, tail whip of chaos what do I know!
Take a chill pill man..... wash it down with cool water.... too chill.... but still have yet to convince me.... everything i've been told so far has not conviced me, making fun of me won't make a difference either. aside from what everyone's told me soo far, what makes you think he has a chance?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Take a chill pill man..... wash it down with cool water.... too chill.... but still have yet to convince me.... everything i've been told so far has not conviced me, making fun of me won't make a difference either. aside from what everyone's told me soo far, what makes you think he has a chance?
*points to my last post*

Stryks

Smash Hero
His chances?

Being on sakurais top 5 list
Sakurai saying he wants to better represent the series
More than 3/4 of SWF alone want ridley in
Being samus main rival and arch nemesis
Has more appearances than any other metroid character apart from samus
Would bring complete uniqueness
Japan loves him even tough they dont like Metroid that much

Yeah gotta say his chances are: 97% sure to be in...

007flash

Smash Journeyman
Alpha n00b, why do you object to Ridley being in Brawl so much? What do you have against him?

He's bound to be in Brawl. It is inevetible as the Grimer invasion.
He is Samus' Arch-enemy. They can resize him and adjust his strenghs and weaknesses. And even if they don't add Ridley to the characters, they can still make it an Assist Trophy if it, but it has more of a chance to be a character.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
What's that supposed to mean?? We've given you enough evidence to write a book!

"Other than that he's popular, Sakurai wants more Metroid characters, Sakurai wants to include the most popular characters, that he was among the top 5 choices for Brawl, Japan wants him and they don't like Metroid, he's the next logical choice for a Metroid character, he's Samus's arch villain, Sakurai said he wants more villains, he's appeared in almost every game, he has a wide range of boss attacks from different games, the fact that it would be easy to find a suitable moveset for him, his moveset would be among the most unique and Sakurai wants unique characters, Gypsy's amazingly awesome moveset which I refuse to look at, the fact that he has boss music, the cool factor, the fact that any other Metroid character would be not only undeserving but boring, the fact that he has a military rank, has a history with Samus's planet's destruction, and commands the space pirates, it would be easy for the developers to scale him down, and a number of other good points brought up by everyone else...besides all of that, tell me why he should get in...oh, and don't make your post long."

Edit: dang, my other post got ate up real quick...(i'm aware of the improper grammar)

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
His chances?

Being on sakurais top 5 list

Jame bond was on the Melee poll

Sakurai saying he wants to better represent the series

I'm fine with that, but if he chose to better represent the pokemon series would you want Red playable?

More than 3/4 of SWF alone want ridley in

Ohwell...

Being samus main rival and arch nemesis

What aboot Samuri goroh?

Has more appearances than any other metroid character apart from samus

Metroids even more, the series are named after them

Would bring complete uniqueness

Deoxys is unique, what happend to it?

Japan loves him even tough they dont like Metroid that much

That's rather shallow.

Yeah gotta say his chances are: 97% sure to be in...
Don't get you're hopes too high, remeber what happend to mr.DNAlien

Del Money

Smash Champion
seriously alpha n00b no one was trying to start an argument...

- YOU asked about Ridley and that hes probably gonna be de-confirmed
- WE gave you perfect evidence against all of that
- YOU chose not to read (and i dont care how long the posts are cuz you obviously have nothing better to d ootherwise you wouldnt still be here...so you might as well have just read)
- STRYKS did his job...and darn well too
- YOU still persisted to inquire proof of Ridley not being de-confirmed
- WE pointed to our previous posts and even repeated ourselves
- YOU claimed people had no life and insisted on Ridley being de-confirmed
- STRYKS retaliated
- YOU promise to laugh in our faces if Ridley is de-confirmed
- WE all retaliated

personally if someone asks the same thing to me more than 5 times and is too ignorant to listen to my response the first 4 times, they deserve a mushroom-stamp to the face. seriously grow up or get out

Vali

Smash Ace
Well if there's going to be 1 representative added it'll be the most important and popular one...err...Lucario? That makes 4 in total for Pokemon and that's plenty. However Sakurai said he wanted to add more Metroid, so let's add the most popular and important character from the Metroid franchise not already in...Ridley? Yes.

007flash

Smash Journeyman
You forgot one thing, Ridley's not a Pokemon.

If you support Ridley to be in SSBB, put "Ridley for SSBM" at the end of your post in this thread.

Ridley for SSBM

Cenedar

Smash Ace
everything i've been told so far has not conviced me, making fun of me won't make a difference either. aside from what everyone's told me soo far, what makes you think he has a chance?
Okay... if you actually read what people have been posting within the last five pages or so, you'll find plenty of reason. And I don't wanna hear the "explain to me without me having to read a whole bunch of boring crap" excuse. You're on an internet forum, how the hell else are we gonna respond to your questions?

It has been said before, but I'll repeat it ONCE more, in hopes that you will finally see sense:
-Ridley has scored abnormally high on Sakurai's poll considering Japan is not as Metroid-loving as we are. I believe Stryks said he scored among the top 5.

-Size IS NOT an issue. Ridley can be resized, have you considered looking at his form in the Melee intro like we've told you SEVERAL TIMES? Not to mention Bowser automatically renders that "too big" argument moot.

-Not being a playable character, but a boss, in the Metroid games does not matter. name me a zelda game where you could play as Ganondorf, and maybe you'd have some water in that arguement.

-I'll admit that this is running a little more on speculation, but that fact that Sakurai specifically showed us a remix of RIDLEY'S theme that will be in Brawl has to make you wonder. I doubt they'd put in music for a character if that character only ended up as an AT.

-So what if Ridley's never beaten Samus in the games? That's kind of the point of bosses, they usually aren't supposed to be victorious over the main hero/heroine.

Now, if you STILL don't understand why Ridley's chances are better than you claim, then please stop saying it in a thread that is quite clearly geared for pro-Ridley people.

Oh, and one more thing...

RIDLEY. FOR. BRAWL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom