• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Best...thread...evar

And did anyone see my pic for colbusman? He was here last week trying to tell us that "While Ridley has the most fanatic supporters, Diddy's fanbase is far superior." I've seen 5-10 faces here today who haven't been around much in the past and have shown support for Ridley against the noobs.

...Trying to tell me our fanbase is smaller. It's just that this thread goes in spurts and Caael and some others end up posting a lot here. So, it just appears that way. Anyway...I just wanted to say all that.

Edit: @Gypsy, Ridley is a pwnasaurs-rex...
The Diddy Kong supporters do outnumber us. Like the Ridley supporters, it only seems that there are a few of them because only a handful post in the Diddy Kong Thread. He does, in fact, have a larger fanbase. But what we lack in number, us pro-Ridleys make up in spirit!

And you, me, and colbusman are probably the most frequent posters. Caael is probably the biggest Ridley supporter, yes, but he only posts every so often.

BTW

OWNAGE, PATENTED BY SIR RIDLEY THE PURPLE DRAGON IN 1987

Del Money

Smash Champion
Thanks to the two days of flame wars, we now have four more Ridley supporters!
yes but can you not say the flame wars werent necessary? i mean the 1st was just straight up ignorance and the 2nd was an compilation of ignorance and Ridley-bashing. i still need to get more Metroid-ucated but Ridley seems like a cool character and would thoroughly enjoy playing as his in brawl
Best...thread...evar

And did anyone see my pic for colbusman? He was here last week trying to tell us that "While Ridley has the most fanatic supporters, Diddy's fanbase is far superior." I've seen 5-10 faces here today who haven't been around much in the past and have shown support for Ridley against the noobs.

...Trying to tell me our fanbase is smaller. It's just that this thread goes in spurts and Caael and some others end up posting a lot here. So, it just appears that way. Anyway...I just wanted to say all that.
i would say that fanbases are around the same size. i for one am a biggest Diddy supporter than Ridley (since im Metriod-tarded right now) but Ridley is a little more complex of a character to know of the bat whereas any gamer who doesnt know who Diddy is, is like 0.2 IQ points above ********. plus ive seen just about as many Diddy supporters as Ridley supporters, most of which support both. nonetheless i can support Ridley too. and at least ican spell "the" incorrectly and feel cool about it
I just thought of something:

Do you think there might be a Giga Ridley?
um...no....wait...maybe...HOLY **** that would be nutZ

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
yes but can you not say the flame wars werent necessary? i mean the 1st was just straight up ignorance and the 2nd was an compilation of ignorance and Ridley-bashing. i still need to get more Metroid-ucated but Ridley seems like a cool character and would thoroughly enjoy playing as his in brawl

i would say that fanbases are around the same size. i for one am a biggest Diddy supporter than Ridley (since im Metriod-tarded right now) but Ridley is a little more complex of a character to know of the bat whereas any gamer who doesnt know who Diddy is, is like 0.2 IQ points above ********. plus ive seen just about as many Diddy supporters as Ridley supporters, most of which support both. nonetheless i can support Ridley too. and at least ican spell "the" incorrectly and feel cool about it
um...no....wait...maybe...HOLY **** that would be nutZ
Flame wars are never necessary but it keeps things interesting I guess. And it did grab some supporters.

I didn't know who Ridley was before I came here, but I'm a bit of a supporter now. I don't really care for Diddy.. Don't like DK.. Don't care for the Diddy.

@ Del Money: Maybe you shouldn't work around the censor thing.. You can get points for that right?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Diddy's "fanbase" consists of..."yeah, I think he should be in." So, in that case, I guess I'm a part of the "fanbase." There are very few "whooo-oooooo!! yah! Diddy!!" people out there. I'm not sure how you could get too excited about that guy anyway. I mean, yeah he's cool and all; he just isn't one of those guys who's going to be bringing a lot of uniqueness to the table.

Ridley, that's not the case. People want him in because he'd be cool. As I said, people want him in who hate Metroid or have never played it or whatever. Today's discussion should verify that. The "we love a good debate" guys don't do much of it. In a lot of ways he's like Dedede. People just expect him to be in.

Besides, the word "fan" comes form the word "fanatic"...so you can only judge your "fan-base" by how "fanatic" the "fans" are...:p (that was a lot of quotations)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Maybe the threads title should say something like "Ridley For Brawl (Ridley haters not welcome as there is nothing to debate. He's in Brawl whether you like it or not.)"

:p

MOTHA****** RIDLEY ON A MOTHA****** BRAWL!!

(Sorry, Snakes on a Plane reference. Won't happen again.)

Del Money

Smash Champion
@ Del Money: Maybe you shouldn't work around the censor thing.. You can get points for that right?
uh lets not find out. i guess ill stop (unless you cant get points for that heh heh)
Diddy's "fanbase" consists of..."yeah, I think he should be in." So, in that case, I guess I'm a part of the "fanbase." There are very few "whooo-oooooo!! yah! Diddy!!" people out there. I'm not sure how you could get too excited about that guy anyway. I mean, yeah he's cool and all; he just isn't one of those guys who's going to be bringing a lot of uniqueness to the table.

Ridley, that's not the case. People want him in because he'd be cool. As I said, people want him in who hate Metroid or have never played it or whatever. Today's discussion should verify that. The "we love a good debate" guys don't do much of it. In a lot of ways he's like Dedede. People just expect him to be in.

Besides, the word "fan" comes form the word "fanatic"...so you can only judge your "fan-base" by how "fanatic" the "fans" are...:p (that was a lot of quotations)
i guess i see your point. of course thats not what i meant by fans though. the fans are typically the people who have "Diddy SSB" pics or some other pro-Diddy reference in their sig or usually Diddy as their avatar. i guess more of the likers of the Donkey Kong franchise and the country games would be more pro-Diddy. and prior to coming to this thread i was more of the "yeah, I think he should be in" kind deal with Ridley (although after seeing those pics i'm interested in how he'll play in brawl). i'm still not a "zomg teh Ridley is soooo like badass h@x0r$ dood" but i defended Ridley in the flame wars for the sake common sense that hes virtually in. anyways i hope they both get even though im more about the Didmeister

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He he he i saw your post on page 255 Del money and he he he good work on Alpha n00b.

Anyways yhea i would love to see Ridley and bowser clash in mid air as Ganondorf and mewtwo come flying out of no where into the middle of the battle... now isn't that was smash bros is all about (And the competitive scene of course) your favorite heroes and villains battling in familiar locations... now you can see that happening cant you?

So all you people who think Ridley wont be in brawl because he couldn't work, how could Mewtwo work before ssbm? don't think anyone could think of a way but whoa! Sakurai done it and thats innovation, thats what makes this game great doing things that you think they couldn't. (Uh and everything else i said that makes it great).

Sorry about the post couldn't really think of anything else to say (Apart from Ridley FTW!).

But seriously think about it Samus and Ridley 99 lives Metroid stage final battle etc... you get the idea.

Del Money

Smash Champion
He he he i saw your post on page 255 Del money and he he he good work on Alpha n00b.
thats how i roll. thats some of my best work if i do say so myself
Anyways yhea i would love to see Ridley and bowser clash in mid air as Ganondorf and mewtwo come flying out of no where into the middle of the battle... now isn't that was smash bros is all about (And the competitive scene of course) your favorite heroes and villains battling in familiar locations... now you can see that happening cant you?
perhaps via the clou...um i mean yeah that would be tight
So all you people who think Ridley wont be in brawl because he couldn't work, how could Mewtwo work before ssbm? don't think anyone could think of a way but whoa! Sakurai done it and thats innovation, thats what makes this game great doing things that you think they couldn't. (Uh and everything else i said that makes it great).
yeppers
Sorry about the post couldn't really think of anything else to say (Apart from Ridley FTW!).
umm...Ridley FTW
But seriously think about it Samus and Ridley 99 lives Metroid stage final battle etc... you get the idea.
hmm...you might have something there

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea i don't get those people who dont see anything in the clouds... are they blind? (I see two Ridleys actually... but one might actually be star wolf... seriously...) uh but lets not start another war here...

RIDLEY For teh wein!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I submitted a picture, but it was teh suxxors.. :( It's a few pages back. I can't quote it because I'm on my Wii right now.

Ridley For Brawl!

Someone should make a Ridley flag that we can pledge alligence to...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
And hopefully you wont leave the house...

Ridley for Brawl and for teh wein!

MM: Whats that behind you
Mynd: what?
MM: Yoink!

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
RIDLEY FOR BRAWL OR NOT AT ALL!

And if he's not in at all, I will tear my clothing, wear sackcloth and throw dust on my head for thirty days.
this made me chuckle heartily.

samusrules has the most L337 drawing skillz.

no but seriously, silver's artistic talent is **** impressive! great pic dude.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
sorry for not responding in almost a day. work, borrowed guitar hero, harry potter 7, yeah pretty much fills life today.

wow, we are already 100 posts away from 4000. it's amazing how dedicated we are. really shows with grim lizards post of pics from everyone. ridley fans are great, eh?

ridley for brawl

Del Money

Smash Champion
RIDLEY FOR BRAWL OR NOT AT ALL!

And if he's not in at all, I will tear my clothing, wear sackcloth and throw dust on my head for thirty days.
no worries, we discussed this (in the flame wars earlier). unless each AT has a mini-jukebox that plays a musical theme (which would be senseless if multiple ATs appear on screen), Ridley virtually cannot possibly be an AT. hes either playable or a background n00b like that fool kraid (and...tom nook...no offense tom nook fans)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
sorry for not responding in almost a day. work, borrowed guitar hero, harry potter 7, yeah pretty much fills life today.

wow, we are already 100 posts away from 4000. it's amazing how dedicated we are. really shows with grim lizards post of pics from everyone. ridley fans are great, eh?

ridley for brawl
Actually...there are about 15 pages today of three or four new noobs who decided to show up today and state that Ridley doesn't belong in Brawl. About 10 Ridley fans were responding in favor of him. It was pretty awesome.

Del Money

Smash Champion

ridley for brawl
dedicated...thats one way of putting it *points to the last 10 pages*

Actually...there are about 15 pages today of three or four new noobs who decided to show up today and state that Ridley doesn't belong in Brawl. About 10 Ridley fans were responding in favor of him. It was pretty awesome.
um who was the fourth?

NOTE: 2 posts from smash apprentice

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea Ridley FTW! and hope you have all watched the MP3 fight between samus and Ridley (Lol begging Gandalf vs Balrog when they fall down into the depths of moria).

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
The only part of those clouds that really looks like anything (other than the Bowser one) is this one, which looks like a face. It's really bothering me. Does anyone else see it?

I know this post was 10.000 pages back but it was only made yesterday.

This actually has been bothering me all along, I don't see bowser at all (just what looks like a mouth and an eye, but the mouth is facing the other way that people normally see bowser). But that thing, sorta alien face, has been there very very obviously all the time.

Sacred Vanguard

Smash Rookie
ahhh, idk about anyone else, but i almost see a wolfs head in between bowsers and that master hand look a like thing....AHHH

could that be Wolf?!
GOD, NOW IM FLIPPIN ABOUT IT

for the record
i dont do drugs
I SERIOUSLY SEE IT

ill edit that picture and post my outline of it later on
:)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Please do, cause i can't see Wolf andhis my No.1 expected newcomer...

You know why? so i can kick the assess of the suckers who use Fox.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I hope that, even if they put ridley, they don't soil the game with animal crossing chars. I mean, you have a fluffy little sheep versus a killing machine. O_O WTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom