• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
For those new to the thread, we don't ever say why he should be in Brawl. We repeatedly shout three simple, yet holy words.

RIDLEY FOR BRAWL

And as for the topic at hand- Why do so many people say Ridley will be an AT? They never give a reason why either. Give us an explanation so that we may prove you horribly, horribly wrong!

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Ridley as AT?

no. no no no no NO.

that won't happen.

if and i say IF they couldn't pull him off as a playable character,dont bother make him an AT.

making Ridley at the same ladder as a Nintendog and a HammerBro..?

sorry, if you didn't make him playable Sakurai,don't put him in the game at all.

that hold true for DeDeDe and Wolf.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I doubt that's ridley. one, it says space pirates, not Ridley. or giant dragon thing.
That's Ridley. On the old NES Metroid handbook, a section tells you to kill the two mini bosses to advance to Tourian and defeat the Mother Brain. And in said section, he looks like that. :laugh: That particular picture is taken from the Captain N comics.

[edit]

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQaXUjcYkXc At 1:32, look at the bottom half of the screen. You can see the Ridley and Kraid paragraph there.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
That's Ridley. On the old NES Metroid handbook, a section tells you to kill the two mini bosses to advance to Tourian and defeat the Mother Brain. And in said section, he looks like that. :laugh: That particular picture is taken from the Captain N comics.

[edit]

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQaXUjcYkXc At 1:32, look at the bottom half of the screen. You can see the Ridley and Kraid paragraph there.
they look pretty funny back then:chuckle:
i saw all of crappycaptordevice videos, i love his work:)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Hey guys, look at what I found in the Krystal Thread!
Quoted from Roy_Owns
Just don't get mad at all of us Krystal supporters. I will support Ridley as a character yet I have my doubts. I have doubts about everything, its just my nature.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Fine, get mad at them. But don't get mad at me, I never denied Ridley a spot. All I said was to me it seemed like an odd character model to have with the rest of the line up since he had less of a cartoony feel like Snake. But Snake is in the game and I have no problem with that. If Ridley is in the game I would have no problem with it either.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
uh, when did we get mad at you? we got mad at roy_owns

(if anyone remembers basement dweller and zombie7775, that's who roy_owns reminds me of, a bunch of spamming marth and roy users who never have anything intelligent to say...[remembers back in 2006 in the diddy thread, over and over spamming of complete idocy and how mad it made me])

ridley for brawl

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This was the first post on this thread for 2007:

I bump for justice!! This thread was on the last page!!...
That was on page 70-something. We've gotten about 130 pages (about 2000 posts) in 6 months. I can't believe this was once on the last page. We've come a long ways, guys. We've come a long way...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
uh, when did we get mad at you? we got mad at roy_owns

(if anyone remembers basement dweller and zombie7775, that's who roy_owns reminds me of, a bunch of spamming marth and roy users who never have anything intelligent to say...[remembers back in 2006 in the diddy thread, over and over spamming of complete idocy and how mad it made me])

ridley for brawl
Some of you here got mad at me hardcore.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That was on page 70-something. We've gotten about 130 pages (about 2000 posts) in 6 months. I can't believe this was once on the last page. We've come a long ways, guys. We've come a long way...
I think Stryks deserves a big thank you! Thank you for keeping a awsome thread alive, about a awsome character=Ridley! :)

O, and Ridley for Brawl! Saying that makes me happy! :)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yeah namely Tirkaro, TDub301, Caael, and the grim lizard. And I thought I would get away from it all when I came here from the GameFAQs forums.. Silly me.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Eeeh, these boards are mostly pretty decent. There are just some groups of users who are quite sensitive to certain subjects, but MOST of them will be peaceful if you show that you treat them respectfully and that your post was not meant to sound arrogant. Like Dylan_Tnga, who frequently turns threads into flamewars about advanced techs because he apparently thinks that Melee was created straight by God himself or something like that.
So, in most cases, people aren't complete idiots as long as you don't let the first aggressive reply get to you, stay calm and reply respectfully and intelligently.
And stuff.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hey what's wrong with posting in multiple threads!? i love diddy AND ridley. but no one posts in diddy because it always ends up going to the second page really fast.

not like ridley where everyone posts tons of times, so only like one time has it not been on the first page

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Yeah namely Tirkaro, TDub301, Caael, and the grim lizard. And I thought I would get away from it all when I came here from the GameFAQs forums.. Silly me.
All I said was that Bowser works/fits and G&W works although he's odd. You said : 1) Ridley won't work, 2) He's odd, 3) You don't think he'll be playable, 4) You hate Metroid.

If you got flamed, it was because of #4. And that wasn't me flaming, btw. Look at any of these pages, especially Gypsy's awesome moveset for #1. And #2 doesn't stand up based on past characters; you said this yourself. And #3 is just unsubstantiated. I replied to #3 that he'll be playable or Sakurai is a liar...

That all seems pretty mellow to me.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Well... the Ridley thread has done just about all it can as far as threads go. There hasn't been anyone to prove that Ridley shouldn't be in Brawl, and there probably won't everbe. There have been several movesets and ideas past around. Fawriel even made a render of Ridley to use in fake screen shots. This thread was the first character thread to reach 3000 posts. And, Caael is in the process of putting it all in chronological order in a timeline! What's left to do other than sit back and wait for Ridley to be confirmed?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
All I said was that Bowser works/fits and G&W works although he's odd. You said : 1) Ridley won't work, 2) He's odd, 3) You don't think he'll be playable, 4) You hate Metroid.

If you got flamed, it was because of #4. And that wasn't me flaming, btw. Look at any of these pages, especially Gypsy's awesome moveset for #1. And #2 doesn't stand up based on past characters; you said this yourself. And #3 is just unsubstantiated. I replied to #3 that he'll be playable or Sakurai is a liar...

That all seems pretty mellow to me.
I don't remember saying that

"I don't think Ridley would really work.. it would seem kinda odd. But then again the SSB world is odd. We'll see in due time, but I don't think he'll be put in. He does look cool but I never liked any of the Metroid games :/"

Then later I posted

"Wow that was some pretty hardcore stuff right there.
I think I'm gonna list what I'm thinking.
- First of all I apologize if I offended any of you in anyway.
- He looks bad ***.
- He would be a cool looking addition to the series.
- I never said Ridley sucks.
- Samus is cool, though the Metroid series never sparked a liking in me. Its a cool series though I never played Metroid Prime more than a few minutes cause I didn't like the controls very much. I did play Metroid Fusion a bit, but I got lost and didn't know what to do so I stopped. I never said it was a horrible game.
- I never said he shouldn't be in the game. I just said it would be a bit odd.. like G&W and Ice Climbers as they are unique. I wouldn't mind him being the game, who ever they put in will be put in, but if not its not going to effect me."

Edit: I'm chinese how can I not like dragons haha... and I'll repeat myself saying that his less cartoony character would look weird in the game just like Snake does. Though Snake is cool and I'm sure Ridley will be cool in the game.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I didn't read your later stuff, as I wasn't around, but I just responded to that one post. I can't account for everyone else, though.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I didn't read your later stuff, as I wasn't around, but I just responded to that one post. I can't account for everyone else, though.
So we're good?

I never mean to offend anyone, I'm not a mean person. I just want to give out my opinion since this is what these forums are basically for right? I guess I can't satisfy you all with what I say and think.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
well, i just have a small question.
how should ridley be scaled in size compared to the other characters??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom